• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

nicaboy

Smash Champion
bears are scary will probably be bringing a wii + brawl instead of a TV but i'll have him post here to be sure

o here nicaboy / lil dong re: why they are "suddenly" playing at IC2

just saw that in the other topic dunno what you want to make of it
mofo shut the **** up i been coming to this and your not even going why do you even bother putting me in writing we dont even talk
anyway yo nes noob if you need to find me here is my # or anyone 770 865 9282
see you there suckas im playing ngt4 with flaming roy and refelx at the momment:laugh:

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you only wrote this like yesterday ho
man this **** is ridiculous and has been going on for some time. man i could have sworn this **** was droped for like a hot min and now im sorry elliot why you bother bringing this back up?

now really its safe to assume that both people dont even like each other so why light the **** fuse bruh?you dont like kong he dont like you with that said why are you even acknowledging him? well not that i care but all the crap talking its getting a little annoying to read. PS i have nothing against you for the most part xD

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'll MM you, $10?
i probably wont be able to do more than $5 cause i had to scrounge up monies to get to this.Go serving shifts at work. i guess its safe to assume you play snake.

i want to also MM kokingpin for $10
same with you too. im guessing you play G&W.

I'm up for it if I ever find change (I only ever put up $1-2 on MMs). Sonic vs Yoshi?
2 bucks is cool with me. i like fighting against sonic hes so crazy. I always get surprised.

As long as i dont get GayGayGay'd vs yoshi ill take any MM. as the day goes on it might dwindle down into lower costing MMs lol.

anyone else wanna MM? Versus Yoshi? if you play Dedede ill MM you with another char that is not Yoshi.

ps Gingerr wanna MM MK vs Yoshi? for like 2 bucks?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Remember, there's a free parking lot you guys can park at. You do not have to pay so make sure you park at the free parking lot that is provided.

ace_201

Smash Apprentice
So, how badly did Reflex beast you guys this time?

Results are needed.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
...Will this didnt sound exciting. Two result posts since the tourney started.
Considering some of us didn't come home until 1-2 AM and most of us started our ride there at 6-8-ish AM...I doubt too much hype is going on now because everyone is tired as ****.

Barlw Shout-outs:

Lord Axl: You need to play this game more with non-scrubby people.

PB&J: You need to play this game more too.

Desu: I almost had you this time, but your penguin is too sexy to kill. The bishounen with a tiara didn't stand a chance. Stop playing this game. ;_;

BigLou: Your Luigi continues to elude me with its hax. But I will learn how to possibly defeat you. >_>

Afro: Your Snake is madness. Your pay must be madness. And sadly...I do not think the final epic battle or Reflex vs. Afro was recorded due to the lack of VHS tapes. =(

Reflex: You're really good too. I think the Dthrow shenanigans got you though. And even then, you and Afro battled it out to the very last match of the set.

Milln: I'm sorry I bailed on you for the *non-existent* Brawl doubles.

Zeonstar: For playing only Ganondorf/Bowser in tourney, you were excellent. When you best Reflex's brother w/ Bowser, that was badass. It still is badass.

elev8: I must know if you picked up Dedede to spite your little brother Reflex, lol. ^_~

Hrnut: Seeing you play was good, but listening to your friend comment on you was much more exciting. Accusing you of cheating for:

1. cheat codes
2. using a Japanese character (Marth) on a Japanese version of the game.
3. Threats to disown you from the crew for suicides.
4. Constantly reminding you of those suicides.
5. Just screaming random stuff about you.

Florida dominated lol. I think I saw George here too at like semi-finals (Alabama is it). Lots of out-of-state people took top placements.

I wanna see how badly I placed lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
the tourny was so unorganized..
Yes, at the end security went in and said that the room was only rented until 5:00 or something, and that we are to leave immediately. This made it so that the Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Soul Caliber IV, and Melee doubles had to end early or something and 2/3rd had to split I think.

Also, the room that was rented did not have enough electric plugs so we ended up having a bunch of unused TV + console sets that could've been used to speed up everything. They had to bring a ton of surge protectors and plug extensions to get just 7-8 TV sets w/ consoles working.

I'm pretty sure the next Impact will probably need to rent out an entire place to be done as quickly as possible.

Also, the lack of sets made it so that people eliminated had nothing to do for 2-3 hours. Plus you kinda have to wait that long for your matches, xD.

Food was also a problem. They brought a platter and some people got 5-7 pieces of chicken, to only one or none. Then when they brought fries, something similar occurred. We needed individual meals or something. Most of us had to go to the CNN center and buy food in the end anyway.

But regardless, it was a fun tourney. I enjoyed the experience.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yes, at the end security went in and said that the room was only rented until 5:00 or something, and that we are to leave immediately. This made it so that the Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Soul Caliber IV, and Melee doubles had to end early or something and 2/3rd had to split I think.

Also, the room that was rented did not have enough electric plugs so we ended up having a bunch of unused TV + console sets that could've been used to speed up everything. They had to bring a ton of surge protectors and plug extensions to get just 7-8 TV sets w/ consoles working.

I'm pretty sure the next Impact will probably need to rent out an entire place to be done as quickly as possible.

Also, the lack of sets made it so that people eliminated had nothing to do for 2-3 hours. Plus you kinda have to wait that long for your matches, xD.

Food was also a problem. They brought a platter and some people got 5-7 pieces of chicken, to only one or none. Then when they brought fries, something similar occurred. We needed individual meals or something. Most of us had to go to the CNN center and buy food in the end anyway.

But regardless, it was a fun tourney. I enjoyed the experience.
How well did you do? :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How well did you do? :D
I beat two people in a 64 man bracket, and then went to face Desu and BigLou respectively [and naturally lost because VietG fails at the part where you kill the person first].

Bracket gayed out on me, lol.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Sup d00ds! That was a great tournament! Too bad I am stuck in the airport in Phoenix waiting for my bags to show up. Thank god for free wifi. Somebody ought to slap the Atlanta Airport in the face for charging to use their Wifi.

Anyways footage will be up on my channel http://www.youtube.com/dookdigity and yes of course I recorded the finals and a bunch of other matches. They will slowly start trickling into youtube today. Subscribe and enjoy! I should be in Cleavland next weekend teaming up with Forward for Brawl Teams :)

Thanks BigLou for picking me up and babysitting me this weekend. It was fun! :) PS My stomach almost blew up in the airplane from that place we ate at last night. I refused to fart in public they smelled like eggs and peptobismal. PWNED

Afro Thunder man you crack me up. You play just like my friends who play 64 (talking crap and laughing the whole time). Hopefully I can make it out to more tournaments and learn more from your Snake. "I am cornered! *jumps* SYKE Snake never gets cornered!" Thanks to everyone who helped the Brawl tournament get moving on 1/2 way through. Although I didn't do any 64 money matches it was still fun playing it and also Tetris Attack :)

The south has a really great Smash Community. I need to make it out more you guys rock!

Isuyaru

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this could've been organized better, but I enjoyed it anyway. I got to watch lots of good matches after being knocked out in the first two rounds. Lost to XIF and Nicaboy, both of whom seem like pretty cool people.

Anyway, great matches, and thanks to everyone who played friendlies with me.

Umby

Smash Master
GGs to everyone I played in Brawl. My Sonic got a pretty good work out. A lot of you guys are beasts. @_@

also lol @ Marty and I in teams friendlies.

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
This tournament lacked organization,but all in all it was extremely worth my time.Nice1 I like your snake.My most entertaining moment was watching the MM's going down in tekken. lol

S0FT

Smash Ace
melee results were
1st xif
2nd chaddd
3rd nes noob
4th dogy samich
5th soft
5th tbag
7th sinesis
7th Cornel
dont remember the rest....
teams
1st Xif +marty
2nd soft + fullmetal (by forfiet)
3rd chaddd + Tbag
4th Kokingpin+Dogysamich
5th Nesnoob + nicaboi
5th cornel+pb&j
7th Mars + sleepyk
7th Biglou + Isuyaru?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wouldnt be surprised. I mean, i left first, but again, look at how things were ran.

Hosts came over and yelled at me, ko, pb&j, and cornell when were playing out set exactly as specified as the rules posted in front of us. XD

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Awsome tourney!!!!!! Fun times in everything (including me gettin ***** n melee XD) anyways..

Dookdigity-thnx a ton for comin out from aizona. Alwyas tight to hang out with and this whole event wouldnt have been as awsome without you coming down

Afro- congrats on your victory!! Btw i am gonna have to say after watchin ur snake play that snake is manlier then luigi xD

Reflex- Good job gettin 2nd. Ur finals matches could have gone either way.

Vietg- We meet again in brackets!!!! Fun games man i know ull get me someday

Desu- Great job job placin (7th i think) showin that GA can rep a little =D

Guy who beat me (will/chipp i think...?) Great epic games! CAnt believe ur comeback on game 1 even after ur sd. Good stuff. Awsome DK

Every1 else from out of state- Thnx for comin! MAde the tourney a much more fun experience

Hope to see every1 at sum upcomin tourney

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Brawl Results:
1st: AfroThunder
2nd: Reflex
3rd: HRNUT
4th: GameDragonX
5th: Will_
5th: George
7th: Talon
7th: Desu
9th: Dook Digity
9th: Elev8
9th: Nice1
9th: JMOAN

So the tournament sucked, but I had a lot of fun this weekend. <3 everyone at Sleepy's at some point during the weekend.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
word @ 5 alabamians in the top 12
maybe its good that I didn't go I probably would have gotten like 30th and brought the state down :-D

Top Bottom