• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Leh

Smash Ace
lol @ people that dont play brawl/suck at it commenting on whos overpowered.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Dammit i lost to reflex, it won't happen again though, i think that i figured out how to fight him...chopz if you're going to gigs we have to do snake dittos
Ill be OOS we prolly not gonna play for a good while though. so ur snake dittoes exp is gonna suck lol. gayyy u want to train u more. cuz i knwo im prolly way ahead of u in the snake match up by now.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
i think i saw flash get buttraped by Max (GA's number one marvel player) in their match.. but i agree that flash took the other majority of fighting games.

good shiz to you for taking brawl, your snake is crazy sick and that brawl grand finals was epic!
As far as I know, Peter DID play GA's best Marvel player in their first round, it was supposed to be a MM, in which Bananas had sidebets on (respectively, on Peter's side), and Peter definitely ***** the guy.

Then someone stole his sticks converter and he couldn't play the rest of the tournament.

Peter doesn't get ***** by GA people lol The tournament was free for him.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
lol @ you thinking you know **** about brawl when you clearly dont.
lol @ you getting sand in your ****** and getting sassy with someone you dont know literally a single thing about on a message board because someone called your favorite character overpowered

lol @ you pretending you're the final authority on all things brawl when you are arguing a point that almost everyone in the smash community would disagree with.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Technically, he knows your opinion on Snake, and considering the topic of discussion, that's all he needs to know.

Real talk.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you're right that is all he needs to know in order to make a judgment about my knowledge of brawl as well as my skill at the game.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
lol @ the lolz and overpowered johns.

If we're going to argue about something, then we're going to argue what I want to argue about. Where's my **** green sweater. I need some answers.(Yes I know I wasn't at the tournament nor do I own a green sweater, but I still want answers.)

Oh yeah I do want answers concerning my "Where are the videos going to be and when are they going to be up" question.

you're right that is all he needs to know in order to make a judgment about my knowledge of brawl as well as my skill at the game.
Really, all I need to know in order to make a judgment about your knowledge of brawl as well as the skill at the game is your signature. Leh has won over 10 tourneys in FL. Possibly 15, if there has even been that many. I'm pretty sure that 0<10

Lol, there you go, Reflex. There's a song for you(The only link I noticed was that it said The Reflex):
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/d/duran+duran/the+reflex_20043626.html
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=LQnqNLeiWKw

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Hey the vids were supposed to be up, but youtube keeps pooping in my face. I will get them up tomorrow. Yes I got Finals and everything that lead up to it. It will all be on. Patience. Sorry about the wait. I want them up just as much as everyone else :p

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I think, with character arguments aside, we're missing the real point:

This tournament ended up being ****ty, and the TO's apparently think its OUR fault:

One

Two

Three

We had 8 tvs? I call bull****. We had ONE for melee, ended up with around six for brawl.

Four

We got four tournaments? More like 2. The "third" (Melee doubles) we ran our god**** selves.

Five

We didn't respect anyone? Now this I dunno about, I know the GA regulars behaved themselves, but I can't vouch for anyone else.

Six

Again, we had ONE for melee (which was so ****ty to try and run the tournament with)
And gradually had 6 for brawl (which IMHO didn't need that many) I BEG TO DIFFER on who it was that "pushed someone down" for food, I saw a ton of SC4 and marvel players jump up after the food when it came in, **** THAT.

Seven

I can actually agree with the last section of this post,in that I think that the "brawl only" community kinda stomped on the melee community, however I disagree strongly with only Melee OR brawl

Eight

Well, **** that. Guess the TO's would be better off with no smash in their tourneys after all.

I'm sure there are some bad experiences both on the smash community's side AND the SRK side, but there's no reason we can't get along- so long as they're willing to work with us if they want us at their tournaments.

Blah, citing all this was probably more effort than it was worth.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Doogdigity, if you don't put up the videos now, I'm going to ...wait. Lol I joke around but I have the patience to wait as long as it takes to put videos up. I know youtube can be a *****.

To the tournament directors, I know it must be hard for you to not only hold 1 tournament, but multiple tournaments. It couldn't have been as bad as people say and they need to buy some tampons for all of their PMS. GJ hosting the tournaments. Mad props, yo(lolz @ ghetto). It's a learning experience; this tournament probably taught you things to make future tournaments better.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Doogdigity, if you don't put up video now, I'm going to ...wait. Lol I joke around but I have the patience to wait as long as it takes to put videos up. I know youtube can be a *****.

To the tournament directors, I know it must be hard for you to not only hold 1 tournament, but multiple tournaments. It couldn't have been as bad as people say and they need to buy some tampons for all of their PMS. GJ hosting the tournaments. Mad props, yo(lolz @ ghetto). It's a learning experience; this tournament probably taught you things to make future tournaments better.
It was pretty **** bad. I am not gonna lie. I try not to ***** and ****, but man there was so many things that went wrong in that tourney. My god.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I don't get it how do you john even when you win:dizzy: Good job noob as for the rest I don' know upload some stuff so I can be a critic.
Not my performance that is my fault. We had one tv for Melee. The tournament was unorganized with one small room being used for everything with over a hundred people. and only TWO outlets. Alot of unused tvs and equipment man it was bad Iori.

Again I just suck when it comes to the playing the smash bros, but the tourney organizer people were obviously expecting a lower turnout and thus the tournament was just bad.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yes, at the end security went in and said that the room was only rented until 5:00 or something, and that we are to leave immediately. This made it so that the Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Soul Caliber IV, and Melee doubles had to end early or something and 2/3rd had to split I think.

Also, the room that was rented did not have enough electric plugs so we ended up having a bunch of unused TV + console sets that could've been used to speed up everything. They had to bring a ton of surge protectors and plug extensions to get just 7-8 TV sets w/ consoles working.

I'm pretty sure the next Impact will probably need to rent out an entire place to be done as quickly as possible.

Also, the lack of sets made it so that people eliminated had nothing to do for 2-3 hours. Plus you kinda have to wait that long for your matches, xD.

Food was also a problem. They brought a platter and some people got 5-7 pieces of chicken, to only one or none. Then when they brought fries, something similar occurred. We needed individual meals or something. Most of us had to go to the CNN center and buy food in the end anyway.

But regardless, it was a fun tourney. I enjoyed the experience.
The room was rented out until midnight. The problem was the event coordinator thought it was going to end at 5 p.m. so she herself left. Meaning we no longer had any assistance from her. But the room was paid for for the entire day. They rent out the room by the day but the room was paid for the entire day.

There were several problems. One, the tournament was moved abruptly when they said there was some sort of damage in the original room I had rented. Thus the day before the room number changed to a different room I'd never even seen before. Low and behold, there were only two inlets on two sides of the room.

Secondly, the last Impact Clash had like 15 people for Brawl and about 70 or so people total. This one has 50 some odd people for Brawl alone, an attendance of almost quadruple. This tournament was not setup to have that many people come to it. Thus, when these huge amounts of people came, that's when the problems arose. We purchased enough food for the amount of people we thought were coming. This purchase was done weeks before the tournament. So, the day of, way more people arrived than expected. That's what caused us not to start at 12 p.m. We never expected a turnout like we had. Brawl & Melee alone had more people than Impact Clash I's total attendence.

Thus, faced with all of these difficulties, we had to make due anyway. The only tournaments that did not finish were Tekken 5 and Marvel and the only reason they did not finish was because the participants decided to end their tournament and just split what was there. The security guard came in at midnight and told us we could finish the last tournaments but everyone else in the room not playing a tournament had to leave. Everyone in the finals of Tekken 5 DR and Marvel were all long time friends so they didn't mind splitting the pot with each other and ending the tournament. As far as the doubles, there was simply not enough time. Brawl moved very, very, slowly. It started at 3 p.m. and finished at 11 p.m.

And my hat goes off to Xif. He ran the Brawl brackets and the printer printed the brackets very odd. So not everyone was included on the brackets and this caused problems. And there had to be bracket edits done

At the end of the day I must apologize as I did not make adequate preparations for the attendance that was there. But at the next tournament there will be a bigger room with more outlets to hook things up. The free parking was at the Vine City train station. It was right across the street from building C. I, and several other attendees parked there.

But the thing is what can I do if way more people attend than expected? I mean, all I can do is try to make due with what I have. Every single TV that was there was hooked up. We had a crazy amount of extension cords, and power strips and every single item was hooked up. There was no equipment laying around that wasn't being used midway through the tournament. We put TVs on the floor and on chairs.

I just want you all to understand that most tournaments do not get a turnout like that their second time around. This is my second tournament. Usually it takes at least the four or fifth to get a turnout like that. So how could I prepare for something I don't even know is going to happen? All I can do is try to make due with the situation. And now, in the future, I know to have a larger room with more inlets. Had the attendance been near or around the last Impact Clash, I promise you that everything would've been under control.

This is just a lesson to learn that now I have to prepare for 150+ people instead of 50-60 if I were to ever again have another Impact Clash. I am happy most of you had fun and all of you who helped out with the brackets I have to thank you all. And best believe there will be another tournament in a larger room with multiple laptops and all the ideas which all of you have stated here. This is our second tournament and you can only learn from your mistakes. The phrase 20/20 vision hindsight comes to mind when I hear this. Anyhow good games to everyone and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Melee doubles didn't finish either
I told them not to run the Melee doubles and they wouldn't finish. But the group insisted they could finish and it would be done. Thus, I told them that that was a side tournament and they collected the money for that and that was done on the side. Officially, there was no Melee doubles tournament ran by myself or any other organizers.

You've got to understand how difficult it is going from the first tournament having 12 people playing Brawl to 50 some people. We were not prepared for this. Thus disorganization arose because we never thought that many people would come. Soul Calibur III at Impact Clash I had no people sign up. We had to cancel it. Yet, Soul Calibur IV was the second largest game at the venue with about 40 or so people. So to go from 0 to 40 and from 12 to 50 some would mess up planning for anyone. That is why the tournament became disorganized. Again the food, if only 50-60 people came the food that came would've been adequate. But over 100+ people came so thus that was not adequate. What was I suppose to do, turn away people when it became past the 60 some odd people we had been expecting so the tournament would've ran smoothly? At the end of the day you cannot please everyone. It simply comes down to that.

Edit:

The results will be posted no later than tomorrow. Again, thanks for attending (way more than we expected) and showing your support and good games to everyone.

lordiceman

Smash Rookie
Impact Clash organizer #2

Horrible tournaments like this one make me want to quit Brawl.

Also, Xif sucks at running brackets. Way to leave in the middle of running a show to go eat.

I'll prolly never go to another Impact Clash. The most fun I had on site was when I was over in the corner playing Tin Pin Slammer with HtH.
To reply to all these post after this one.

I guess XIF and others thought I wouldn't post on here or something because I don't play the game but...

I was the organizer in the Black Kangol and no I am not as nice as Impact Clash!!!

First of all XIF You are a bold faced lier!!

You offered to Impact Clash to RUN the tournament, I only allowed you too do so because Magnicious (Impact Clash on here) told me to allow such action.
You also were not FORCED to do it, you could have said...
" I do not like the game, I don't even play it, nor will I be playing it in this tournament"
It's not like I handed you the bracket and said "Here you doing this", Hell I didn't even know you before that day so how could I personally make you do something you feel you didn't want to do in the first place??

Further more the brackets were done LATER ON because of your own community!!!

Let me explain...

You had a total of 15players LISTED to play Melee BUT when they arrived, played casuals (Without permission might I add) and tested a few players skill level, characters or what have you, decided to switch between the games, which is why we had to WRITE peoples names down as you all came in, and Re- ask you all what games you wanted to play, which totally obliterated the PURPOSE of the Pre- Reg list.
What is the point of Pre-Regging, when you see the best in your area or another area's name on the bracket, then decide to exit the tournament and jump onto the same game but different verions (Melee/Brawl)

Your Entry Fee was Entry Fee for the TOURNAMENT PERIOD
The food was a BONUS and came straight out the organizers pockets, The reservations for the food were made in advance, and based upon the list you all were SUPPOSED too pre reg upon, maybe a few of you have never been to a legit tournament before but how many do you know honestly that also FEED YOU???
You all should have been happy you got the food because it was the Smash community as a whole the ONLY ONE's who ate at the tournament, none of the Street Fighter attenders got a french fry or a piece of chicken, alot of you all went back multiple times DESPITE the man speaking over the mic and asking you all to allow those who have not gotten any chicken or who have not eaten period to come over and eat, but alot of you all ignored that and came back again and again.

Additionally those who di NOT Pre-Reg was supposed to be charged extra BECAUSE of the cost it took to Re-make every last bracket, which is why you all seen the brackets placed on regular pieces of paper, rather than the previous ones.

As far as you all's equipment goes, alot of you came with broke down 1982 t.v's WTF!!
Though we appreciated your attempt to help homies...

Almost EVERYONE knows **** near every station invented these days are purely ran off of AV cables, you know those little Red, White and Yellow cords, so how were we going to hook peoples systems up too RF ONLY T.V's ya **** moron (GameDragonX) that's why we couldn't allow all the systems to be in play, hell one guy even brought a 1981 ( the year I was born) computer monitor to play on WTF!!!:mad:

People didn't even think before they posted about entry, they just saw the word FREE and jumped at it.

Additionally I PERSONALLY APPOLOGIZE to the Melee Players. NES n00b made some valid points on SRK Forums.
We did NOT know that you all had disintion between your own community meaning, we didn't know some Brawl players, didn't like Melee players, which caused the Melee players to get booted away from there station and down to one single T.V.

The original reason Brawl had a total of 6 T.V.'s (down from 8) was because we had two pages of Brawl players listed, Brawl was the largest tournament at the venue and also the LONGEST so giving them the most t.v's too knock down and out as many players as possible was the smart move.
Brawl had 60 + players while Melee was less than 23.

Gingerr. Sir you are sadly mistaken, Bananas is NOT I REPEAT NOT our best Marvel player and I do not know who told you all this but he is not sorry.
Alsot I have proof and video... he did not **** him, but he did win some matches, and was defeated in many more.

Flash Metroid I also personally appologize for your converter being stolen, send me a PM upon SRK (Cool-Breeze/ Lord-Iceman) and let's see if we can resolve the issue in a timely manor

All in all alot of you want to point fingers at the staff and say it was the worst and blah blah blah but we gave you all free reign, we gave SMASH as a community multiple T.V's as a matter of fact the most t.v.'s at the venue went to the SMASH community as a whole, it was between XIF & the three individuals he left the tournament too who booted melee off there T.V. also Melee started WITHOUT our permission anyways, with Melee being a lower amount of people and apparently fast based off of what NOOB posted upon srk, it would have made since like I had planned, to run Melee once Brawl was at it's second level of it's losers brackets, there for both tournaments would have been close to being in there finals at the same time.

I am a bit upset right now but understand I do not despise all of you or anything like that, but when I mess up I own up to it.

I personally messed up, not knowing Brawl would end up being so big, I thought melee would have been bigger better.. it wasn't.

The organizers do not hate you, but it is hard to manage things in a timely orderly fashion when people do not like too listen, I had to ask like 15 dudes to get off playing what ever version of smash they were playing so we could get the tourny started.
Over 20 individuals while I was creating the brackets were standing over me and asking me to look at the brackets etc.

Also tell the truth on here and off of here dudes.
Alot of you BRawl guys were playing casuals yet told me that you were in your finals and needed the extra t.v.'s, then when I get down there, the tall white kid running Melee told me you all were on casuals, I waited and saw this with my own 2 eyes, one guy beat 4 people in a row and no one walking towards the brackets, or saying "hey I lost or Hey I won" that's why I got on the microphone and bumped you all down too 2 t.v.'s too help melee get finished and start the other half of the street fighter tournaments.

Running tournaments isn't the easiest thing in the world, take the time to read then re-read my post, you all want to blame the organizers yet no one from the community wanted to actually HELP OUT when the help was needed, just make the situation worse by complaining, slowing up the brackets etc (with the exception of the three guys who took over for Xif you all took over and im sure your community appreciates it)

The street fighter community should feel way more disrespected since they were put on the back burner to opese you all, funny thing is they all respected what went down and thought it was noble, they also thought alot of you were pretty cool... why can't you all show them and the other organizers that very same respect??

I care less how you feel about me;)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well we have learned much this time around. It was a gift that that many people came and the tournament was a success as far as turnout goes. But a curse as far as the mishaps from such a large attendence. But again, if the turnout is greater than expected I cannot turn you away to ensure that there will be enough food, or there will be a smoother tournament, or there will be enough room for everyone. When there is a larger turnout than expected all you can do is try to make due with what you have and learn from past mistakes.

I never knew there was a rift between Brawl and Melee communites. I never knew that large Brawl tournaments take forever to complete. And the fact that the entry fee was so high and people kept on complaining about it I thought that would turn many away and maintain the small turnout. But it had to be priced at that to break even. It's a professional venue and I want sponsorship so I must maintain a professional venue to do this. And don't think the money made from this tournament goes into my pocket. It will be put towards a bigger room with more outlets, and one more accessible to those of you coming to my tournament. This will not happen again as I know what we are up against.

Lastly, getting adequte staff from the community next time. I want to give free entry to two people for Brawl and Melee tournaments and they will run the brackets. I will also buy them lunch pesonally so they will not have to leave to the station to buy anything to eat. It all comes down to treating your attendees with respect and making sure they are taken care of. Something I tried my best to do last time but didn't really do a good job of. That's why this next time around all of this will be taken care of and none of this will happen. Again, I want to remind you guys this is our second tournament and we had almost quadruple the amount of participants in Brawl alone. Way, way, way, more people in Soul Calibur, etc. We never expected a turnout like that and I apologize about all of it but we can only move forward. I'm sure there are those of you who will never be coming back and that's fine as well but no matter what happens IC3 will becoming through January and it will be ran better.

Xif, I didn't know you didn't want to run the Brawl brackets. Had you told me I would've had someone else do them. I apologize for putting you in that situation but just let me know what exactly you wanted to do or didn't want to do. No hard feelings or anything.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I had a really good time playing with everyone. Most of my shoutouts are to NES n00b, SleepyK, and the crew who ran the tournament. Good shiz to Magnicious and Iceman especially. I'm sorry I had to leave so early, but I had a headache for the past week or so, and I didn't want it to get worse. I just got TDC Final and that means I have to practice. IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Prac352

Smash Lord
I think we're all missing the point here. Did lil dong ***** out of his mm again?

Umby

Smash Master
I think we're all missing the point here. Did lil dong ***** out of his mm again?
Yes. I suppose this tournament was just a "waist of time" for him.

Also, best Brawl match of the day was Afro (Snake) vs HRNut (Snake) on 75mm. Second place going to the DK ditto they had after that on Rumble Falls.

edit: Forgot my shoutouts. >_>

Marty: Brawl 2v2 friendlies. 'Nuff said. I still need to learn Guilty Gear btw.

Milln: My teddy bear for the day. No homo. I'll take your money next time.

BigLou: Fucking Luigi is a damn Sonic counter and fuck you for using him. But seriously though, great set. Too bad we were using a laggy HD TV. :( Stop getting stage spiked in teams. :p

Elliot: I owe you $20. I greatly thank you, man. It's highly possible that I'll get it back to you by the end of the week.

Zeonstar: I finally get to see you irl and I didn't even get to do friendlies vs you? That shit kinda sucks. :( Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the WABA tournament.

XiF: I kinda wanted to see you hit on Bella at Tacomac.

MarsFool!: We should have taken a whole plate of chicken tenders and made a MM out of that.

Desu:
DesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDededeisgayDesuDesuDesuDesuDesuDesu

KOKingpin: Tell me why I forgot about our MM.

Gingerr: Tell me why I forgot to find you to set up our MM.

Everyone else: I had fun with a lot of you, but let's meet at a better organized tournament. :)

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Flamin Roy????/ Pebbles???? EPIC SHOUT OUTS To kill all the hate

Reflex/Elev8/Bob-Through our epic journey of getting lost for 3 hours it is thanks to you all that i made it there Through the power of team work we made it out alive

Dogy- I changed my name because I wasn't expecting melee to be there but fear no more Flmin Roy is still my melee name

Nice1-Man that was F N fun we have to do that again next time fox v falco and ill win F*** your sheik lol

Nes NooB- your falcon suxs XD we have to do another falcon ditto and next time i will win

Soft-Your fox is too good but next time i wanna fight your jiggs

Cornell-You wanna be shiz lol Your falcon is friggin good we have to play next time for America

Xif-Your a beast at mafia thanks for forcing us to play that was friggin awesome

Marty-CVS2 was great although i stole like 3 matches from you lol wake up supers lets hit some other games next time

FMTL-I'll play you next time too tired before good job at brawl though sonic v Marth=epic

Desu+directions=great failure XD

Sleepy K- amazing orgy at your house after party sausage fest (no HOMO) XD

PB&J-You have reached a whole other level wtf did you do???

MarsFool- smash in the day sleep til noon you guys slept until like 12 man wtf
ANYONE I MISSED WAS OUT OF LOVE

tigerboymac

Smash Rookie
A friend

Hi I have a friend that plays brawl that recently moved down to Atl. Anyone willing to play matches againest him his member name on smashboards is Aasu. He was actually one of the best in our city but now he wants to play the best in Atl.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Alright mr. kango and impact clash TO #1, we gotta set some stuff straight right now:

1. Every single TV was NOT hooked up in that place. There were literally 5-6 TVs against the far wall that were never used. There werent extension and power cords like crazy.

2. Melee doubles didnt finish, and brawl doubles never even started, and both were advertised to happen. If you are gonna advertise for a tourney to happen, you better find some kind of way to do it

3. how can you complain about smash having the most TVs at the tournament WHEN SMASH HAD THE MOST FREAKIN PEOPLE OUT OF ANYONE. Brawl alone probably had more than all of the other tourneys combined, besides melee. Of course we need more TVs. what kind of dumb remark is that

4. At no point in time did brawl ever have 8 TVs for the tournament. I was right beside you when you told Xif to make the 4 tvs in the corner for the brawl tourney. Then it was cut down to 3 later on. People were playing friendlies on the 3 TVs we did have because the bracket wasnt being run very well at all by Xif for one reason or another, and matches werent being called. The brawl tourney finally started at 3, and at 6pm they were halfway done with the 2nd round of winners, and no losers games were played. I hadnt even played a match yet by 6pm. When you saw that, i guess you were the one to cut it down to 2 TVs. Why cut down the tourney with the most attendance to the least TVs. seems pretty dumb to me.

5. a large brawl tourney wouldn't take as long as it would've if we didnt take 3+ hours to finish 2 rounds of winners because of multiple reasons. Not to mention you guys cut our TVs in half while we were still running the tourney and 20-30+ people were left. We had more people left when we were over halfway done with the tourney than almost any of your other fighting tourney and you STILL cut down our TVs. And THEN you complain to us about brawl moving very, very slowly. Are you kidding me?!?

6. If this is your guys 2nd tourney, thats fine, but please learn to run a bracket. You guys were talking about putting people who were left out of the bracket into the 2nd round instead of replacing them with a bye in the 1st. And i saw the printing of the brackets. You should've done what the white TO did for another tourney and tape them together so it looks good and people wont be confused by it.

7. Kango, I dont know what you were talking about. Both TVs that my car brought from Florida had AV inputs, ya **** moron.. Get your facts straight next time you wanna call me out

8. Well, thats good to know that there was free parking. Too bad no one on staff or who worked at the building knew anything about it.

9. lol, are you seriously upset at US about food, and telling US that WERE lucky to get food? If we werent getting food like you guys told us multiple times, then why in the fuck did we have to pay a 20 dollar entry fee for that small *** room that didn't have enough outlets.
And you didnt even reimburse people like $5 of their 20 dollars back so they could buy some food. Just so you know, there were alot of people from all fighting games that didnt get any food. IT wasnt just the smashers. And if we didnt pre reg we were supposed to pay extra? Why did we pay 20 dollars in the first place for that crap.

10. See, we thought alot of them were cool too. We thought all of the players were cool people. They were fun to hang out with. They made the tourney enjoyable. The ones who messed it all up were the tourney directors. Just the face the facts that you messed up. Just take the loss. I dont know what youre talking about when you said melee players dont like brawl players. Some melee players dont like brawl the game, but all of the players themselves were cool. So im not sure where that is coming from. And, i find it funny that you try to blame all of your shortcomings on us. Learn to organize and maybe things like this wont happen

And I dont hate you two as people, i just hate how you ran things. And i didnt think you hated us either, althought that wouldve made more sense for all of the screwups

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Hi I have a friend that plays brawl that recently moved down to Atl. Anyone willing to play matches againest him his member name on smashboards is Aasu. He was actually one of the best in our city but now he wants to play the best in Atl.
Hey, I can take him up on that challenge, if it IS one. I gotta fight to be the best.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"Best in Atlanta" is an oxymoron when it comes to Georgia Brawl. Georgia is a Melee-playing state. For who does exist, Desu lives in *******, and Kismet lives in Columbus (YES, I AM BIASED, BUT FOR GOOD REASON). Technically, I'm in Columbus, also. I'm a pretty bad dude.

Also, where did said friend move from? I've never heard of him.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

The street fighter community should feel way more disrespected since they were put on the back burner to opese you all, funny thing is they all respected what went down and thought it was noble, they also thought alot of you were pretty cool... why can't you all show them and the other organizers that very same respect??

I care less how you feel about me;)
i respect the communities cause im vaguely part of them too. I'll show the organizers some respect when I get some.

I mean hell, im glad i didnt actually do all the games i preregged for, i probably woulda got dq'd from all of them for playing my matches.

And yes im going to ride on that for a while because in all of the tourneys i've been to, this is the first time i've heard of it.

I guess im not flash, so nothing's wrong with it.

Top Bottom