• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Alright mr. kango and impact clash TO #1, we gotta set some stuff straight right now:

1. Every single TV was NOT hooked up in that place. There were literally 5-6 TVs against the far wall that were never used. There werent extension and power cords like crazy.
The only TV NOT in use were either TVs way to small for two people and a crowd to watch, TVs way too old, or TVs that had no AV plugs in the back. Trust me, we have more than eight TVs there. There were six in the front, and about eight in the back. You may not have realized it but we put chairs on the floor and on the chair.

2. Melee doubles didn't finish, and brawl doubles never even started, and both were advertised to happen. If you are gonna advertise for a tourney to happen, you better find some kind of way to do it
You keep missing the point that we didn't know this many people were coming for Brawl or Melee. Last time 12 people came for Brawl and the total attendance for the tournament was like 50-60 people. This time Brawl alone had 50-60 people and that was just one game. I keep stressing the fact that we didn't know that Smash was going to be that big. The same way Soul Calibur IV was the second largest tournament yet at Impact Clash I no one came to Soul Calibur III. Thus Soul only had one TV because of this yet the day of we have 40-50 some people for it.

3. how can you complain about smash having the most TVs at the tournament WHEN SMASH HAD THE MOST FREAKIN PEOPLE OUT OF ANYONE. Brawl alone probably had more than all of the other tourneys combined, besides melee. Of course we need more TVs. what kind of dumb remark is that
No, he's saying that you guys were still playing friendlies even though you were in the semi-finals or quarter finals. There come a point when you can only run so many matches at once and the brackets just cannot move forward. There's no way the whole time you guys needed four TVs. And when you guys didn't need a TV you could've just came to the Melee guys or anyone else who needed to finish their tournament and tell us you were done with the TV. No one in the Brawl community did this. That is why Melee got the shaft. The tournament directors (myself included) had to go and hunt and find out if they were playing for real, or casual. And the several Brawl players would lie and say they were in tournament play. It got to the point where I when over to a TV and I knew Brawl singles were over. Melee needed another TV to run their doubles. I went over to the Melee TV (which only had two characters on the screen) and asked if they were still in tournament play. They told me yes, and I asked why two characters are on the screen if Brawl ended. They continually lied to me and finally I kicked them off and got Melee a second TV. That's what I am talking about when I say I can't believe Brawl had no respect for the other communities. You guys know further along in the brackets you can't run tournaments on four or even three TVs when you are in the finals, semi-finals, or even quarter finals. Had Brawl players been more honest and not tried to trick us playing friendlies everything would've worked out better.

4. At no point in time did brawl ever have 8 TVs for the tournament. I was right beside you when you told Xif to make the 4 tvs in the corner for the brawl tourney. Then it was cut down to 3 later on. People were playing friendlies on the 3 TVs we did have because the bracket wasnt being run very well at all by Xif for one reason or another, and matches werent being called. The brawl tourney finally started at 3, and at 6pm they were halfway done with the 2nd round of winners, and no losers games were played. I hadnt even played a match yet by 6pm. When you saw that, i guess you were the one to cut it down to 2 TVs. Why cut down the tourney with the most attendance to the least TVs. seems pretty dumb to me.
Well we had other people who had no TVs at all for their games and Smash took up quite a bit. So, next time we will allow more TVs and have a larger room with more outlets. That way, this won't happen. The only way we can learn this is by going into it and this happening. I am telling you, had it been the 50-60 people we had expected, the room wouldn't of been crowded, the food wouldn't of been destroyed, we could finished every tournament on time.

5. a large brawl tourney wouldn't take as long as it would've if we didnt take 3+ hours to finish 2 rounds of winners because of multiple reasons. Not to mention you guys cut our TVs in half while we were still running the tourney and 20-30+ people were left. We had more people left when we were over halfway done with the tourney than almost any of your other fighting tourney and you STILL cut down our TVs. And THEN you complain to us about brawl moving very, very slowly. Are you kidding me?!?
Because other games needed TVs. CVS2 didn't receive a TV until way later on. Colombus and Max were sleeping outside waiting for CVS2. We had to give those guys a TV as soon as possible. Next time we will allow for more TVs and give higher priority to those who bought their TVs and equipment next time. And those people will get in free again. Many people who claimed to be bringing equipment didn't bring stuff like I thought.

6. If this is your guys 2nd tourney, thats fine, but please learn to run a bracket. You guys were talking about putting people who were left out of the bracket into the 2nd round instead of replacing them with a bye in the 1st. And i saw the printing of the brackets. You should've done what the white TO did for another tourney and tape them together so it looks good and people wont be confused by it.
Alright, well we are learning from experience and that is the way it will be done. Next time the brackets will be written down or we are getting a wide mouth printer to print the brackets. We will no longer print them out from the small printer due to how the way it clips out people from the bracket.

7. Kango, I dont know what you were talking about. Both TVs that my car brought from Florida had AV inputs, ya **** moron.. Get your facts straight next time you wanna call me out
Yeah, but that TV's colors were way off. It was like a 1980s TV. We couldn't use that. No one wanted to play on that. Yet, I still gave two of your crew credit for that. And several other people ran brackets and I didn't even give them free entry. I gave you free entry for helping with the brackets (which you did an excellent job of).

8. Well, thats good to know that there was free parking. Too bad no one on staff or who worked at the building knew anything about it.
Yes, there were directions to it in my room on the desk with the water on it.l It was across the street from building C.

9. lol, are you seriously upset at US about food, and telling US that WERE lucky to get food? If we werent getting food like you guys told us multiple times, then why in the fuck did we have to pay a 20 dollar entry fee for that small *** room that didn't have enough outlets.
I got us food out of my own pocket but what I keep stressing is that purchase was made weeks ago. It was made based on the presume it would be about 50-60 people not 100+ people. That's why things turned out like they did. Now we know what's up and we know that many people are coming so we will have to plan accordingly.

And you didnt even reimburse people like $5 of their 20 dollars back so they could buy some food. Just so you know, there were alot of people from all fighting games that didnt get any food. IT wasnt just the smashers. And if we didnt pre reg we were supposed to pay extra? Why did we pay 20 dollars in the first place for that crap.
Reimburse, how could I? I wouldn't know who did eat anything and who didn't and that would just be setting myself up for losing tons of money. I spent over $200 plus on the community for food. What more can I do? I can't help the fact that your community didn't care and got as many as five or six chicken strips well knowing other people wanted some. I didn't even get any myself. Why did you have to pay $20? Because of the venue we were at and ensuring that the venue would break even. If it doesn't break even I cannot have another and I want to seek sponsorship and the best way is to have it at a professional place like the Georgia World Congress Center. Again, the room would've been just fine for 50-60 people not 100-200 people. I couldn't change the room the day of guys. But like I said, next time it will be a larger room.

10. See, we thought alot of them were cool too. We thought all of the players were cool people. They were fun to hang out with. They made the tourney enjoyable. The ones who messed it all up were the tourney directors. Just the face the facts that you messed up. Just take the loss. I dont know what youre talking about when you said melee players dont like brawl players. Some melee players dont like brawl the game, but all of the players themselves were cool. So im not sure where that is coming from. And, i find it funny that you try to blame all of your shortcomings on us. Learn to organize and maybe things like this wont happen
Wow, so going by your advice I should've just turned away everyone after 60 people. That way the tournament would ran smoother, there would've been enough time for doubles and singles, and there would've been enough food. I mean seriously, what can I do if I expect 60 or so people and over 100 come? I didn't know there was that much demand for a tournament in this area. I continue to stress this again and again and best believe it will be in a larger more accessible room next time.

And I dont hate you two as people, i just hate how you ran things. And i didnt think you hated us either, althought that wouldve made more sense for all of the screwups
I don't hate anyone and no hard feelings but as I keep stating it's pretty obvious that had we known that many people were coming we would've had a much larger room with more outlets and had required more TVs to be bought. It's as simple as that and it's pretty easy to say what would've been done in hindsight but now we know what's up for the next one and all of this will be corrected. There won't be anymore problems like this. This leaves room for more free entries since we'll need far more equipment, a larger room, and everything else to ensure that our community can grow and continue to have fun. I'm trying to make this a seasonal tournament for you guys to look forward to and best believe I will try my darnest to solve any and every other problems you guys have. My sincerest apologies for all of the mishaps you guys had at the tournament. I promise the next time this will not be the case.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
fun playing guys shout outs later
ps me and nes noob would have won but he was so sleepy lol.
dam so much hating this is whack
@elliot man honestly you are a good guy thank you for not talking crap about my friend kong while we were chillen i hope you guys beef is over soon really i enjoyed hanging with you. you are too **** good in mafia lol

@ tong ? forget it i still dont understand why you even say things to me really we dont play each other or talk.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I'm going to repeat this one last time:

I offered to help run melee singles and doubles and that was it. I did so because IC1's Brawl bracket running was a disaster and I helped out at the end anyway. I got there and you guys gave me brawl brackets. I didn't want to sacrifice my 20 dollar entry fee, so I did it anyway. Had I known that you guys would have not given me a fight about it, I would've switched to melee brackets in a heart beat.

The reason why bracket matches were not being called for brawl and that the first round of winners and first round of losers took so long is for multiple reasons:

1: People simply being hard to track down.

2: The fact that people couldnt simply attend their matches on their own, since I had to go and write down all the recording information, meaning I had to be present up until right before they called the match instead of just calling it and moving onward.

3: The MAJOR reason was that I had to simply stop my TO duties to track down whether people were cut off of the bracket from the print out or if they were not entered into the bracket period. This caused MAJOR delays as I had to go to Magnicious and ask if they were entered, if they paid, if they were on the list but not on bracket, etc. As it was 10 people, it added up.

4: Not as big but a deterrent none the less were the constant barrage of questions regarding when people were gonna play and all the random questions, etc. This is understandable I suppose but I am only 1 person so please also be understanding when 1 person dealing with a 50-60 man bracket that had 10 people missing and bracket matches gone trying to get matches on TV's running with all recording information written down cannot get all of it done within a single hour. Especially when people's wii-motes were screwing with the TV sometimes, causing delays, and some random scrub players playing 3 6:30 minute matches (first round match was like that I went through 2 or 3 other matches on other tv's before they finished, and there were others).

That is another thing,

around 20 matches in the first round were done, and 10 matches in losers first round were also done by the time I gave it to gdx

3 minutes per match

average 2 and a half matches between those that 2-0'd and 2-1'd

1 minute between with 1 and a half between times.

time taken to write down recording information, track down players, write down results, and call out players, at best we'll say 3 minutes.

This is in total 12 minutes per set, at best, which I can safely say was either the case or an underestimate.

This comes to 1 and a half to 2 hours at best with the switch from 4 to 3 tv's.

Now I started at 3 and I gave the bracket to gdx around 5:30 or 6, correct me if i'm wrong. And this was also with 1 round of losers done

But I also had to deal with all of the delays in the form of bad brackets and what not.

so please, be understanding that it took longer than expected. Brawl is a long tournament to run anyway, and it was hampered with minimal TV's, and the bracket I was given. I just did the math for you, so I feel this is a sufficient explanation.

And if not, at this point I really dont care, since I have hosted multiple tournaments before and I have done fine jobs at all of them. If you still think it's all my fault, fine. I had fun memories anyway from playing mafia and I came out with money and trophies.

-------------------------

couple of shout outs:

Umby: Bella was tight :D

Flamin Roy, NicaBoy, Warren: Some people I never really knew too well, but I spent alot of time with you guys, and I just wanted to say GG's on sunday matches and fun times with mafia and everything. You're all mad chill and it was all good times.

Full Metal: too close for me, I should start practicing my fox more.

Josh: WTF where was our match you robbed me from hot jiggs on peach action:

full metal and Josh: the whole teams thing was dumb, I dont understand why you guys I agreed to it, but I just wanted to say sorry. You guys kinda got screwed out of some matches and some money.

NES N00b: like I said, have more confidence, and major GG's.

chaddd: hahaha I got a trophy :p

cornel: NUUUUU RAGING DEMON!!!

Isuyaru: GG's, sorry about the C fal, but you won anyway! =D

JMoan: GG's

Afro: quit beating reflex in brawl

reflex: quit losing to afro in brawl

desu: "It was an OLIMAR! HE CAMPED ME!!!"

... >_>

EVERYONE: MUCH LOVE.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
desu: "It was an OLIMAR! HE CAMPED ME!!!"
Eh, I lost that one fair and square.
He wouldn't go near the ledge when I wanted him to. :<
He just combo'd me to 50% and then wouldn't let me do stuff to him.
I got out-played, simple as that.
HOWEVER.
6 minute time limit can suck my ****. ;~;

/Desu

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Let's put this behind us, men. It's in the past now. No tourney is perfect, and we are not exactly directors. XIF was chosen to help out (or volunteered) because of his/her recognition as an elitist, for whatever reasons. We should just be grateful that someone was there to do anything. Other than that, even MORE stuff wouldn't have been done, and everyone would just be sitting on their ass doing nothing. :laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Let's put this behind us, men. It's in the past now. No tourney is perfect, and we are not exactly directors. We should just be grateful that someone was there to do anything. Other than that, even MORE stuff wouldn't have been done, and everyone would just be sitting on their ass doing nothing. :laugh:
Some of us are tournament directors, and we know that we are thoroughly displeased with the tournament...and for the record, we SHOULD host more tournaments.

Everyone needs to come to mine when I come into $50 that I can burn on a venue I have in mind...which is what tournament directors should be looking for primarily: an inexpensive venue.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Some of us are tournament directors, and we know that we are thoroughly displeased with the tournament...and for the record, we SHOULD host more tournaments.

Everyone needs to come to mine when I come into $50 that I can burn on a venue I have in mind...which is what tournament directors should be looking for primarily: an inexpensive venue
Please do. I can really use more tourneys, as well as everyone else, I would assume. I would recommend on a cheaper venue at first, because people seemed to be heavily unsatisfied and disappointed at this one, but heck, you're the director. :chuckle:

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Eh, I lost that one fair and square.
He wouldn't go near the ledge when I wanted him to. :<
He just combo'd me to 50% and then wouldn't let me do stuff to him.
I got out-played, simple as that.
HOWEVER.
6 minute time limit can suck my ****. ;~;

/Desu
dont worry we all still love you.

LIES

I hate dat penguin-lookin-***-*****

<3 to Desu

peruvian_001

Smash Cadet
"Best in Atlanta" is an oxymoron when it comes to Georgia Brawl. Georgia is a Melee-playing state. For who does exist, Desu lives in *******, and Kismet lives in Columbus (YES, I AM BIASED, BUT FOR GOOD REASON). Technically, I'm in Columbus, also. I'm a pretty bad dude.

Also, where did said friend move from? I've never heard of him.
WHY ARE Y'ALL LOSING TO THIS ***** REFLEX!? HES GARBAGE!! XDD :laugh:

Saltix

Smash Lord
"Best in Atlanta" is an oxymoron when it comes to Georgia Brawl. Georgia is a Melee-playing state. For who does exist, Desu lives in *******, and Kismet lives in Columbus (YES, I AM BIASED, BUT FOR GOOD REASON). Technically, I'm in Columbus, also. I'm a pretty bad dude.

Also, where did said friend move from? I've never heard of him.
OcTIx lives in Duluth.

lol Reflex "I'm a pretty bad dude" lol

and I also haven't heard of your friend before.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i wish i could find a venue for only $50 bucks around here. I'd pay that in a hearbeat. $350 is cheap here in Orlando :(

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Most of these posts are too long for me to even bother reading. . .except for Tommy G's posts, they are hilarious.

I could shout out to people, but I didn't really meet anyone new, I just hung out with the FL people, and Umby, I don't know why you didn't find me, I was one of 4 girls there, and the only one who seemed at all interested in the matches that were happening hahaha!

Regardless of how poorly run the tournament was, I had fun, and for the people who are complaining about tvs (which may or may not be true, as I said I skimmed a lot of the posts), Brawl had multiple tvs and every other game had 1. That blows my mind, since nearly every one who runs fighting game tournaments hates Brawl, and only puts it in because it's popular and attracts a large turn out. 3S got another tv near the end of the tournament, wowee.

Less johns, kids. Just have a good time and make the best out of the situation given to you!

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Couldnt agree more. So many organizational nazis, it's not even funny. Where there is competition, there should fun, but it seems like there was so much unsatisfaction in this one. If my girl and I arrived, we would be cracking up the whole time.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Most of these posts are too long for me to even bother reading. . .except for Tommy G's posts, they are hilarious.

I could shout out to people, but I didn't really meet anyone new, I just hung out with the FL people, and Umby, I don't know why you didn't find me, I was one of 4 girls there, and the only one who seemed at all interested in the matches that were happening hahaha!

Regardless of how poorly run the tournament was, I had fun, and for the people who are complaining about tvs (which may or may not be true, as I said I skimmed a lot of the posts), Brawl had multiple tvs and every other game had 1. That blows my mind, since nearly every one who runs fighting game tournaments hates Brawl, and only puts it in because it's popular and attracts a large turn out. 3S got another tv near the end of the tournament, wowee.

Less johns, kids. Just have a good time and make the best out of the situation given to you!
Real talk.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
A lot of you complain how bad the tournament turnout was, but did any of you actually try to help fix it? besides complaining about it to tournament organizers. Like did anyone stand up and walk around to help? or was the floor too hard for you to walk on?

Gingerr

Smash Lord
With how much everyone is complaining about everything, all I really want to know is how these kids get their tampons in. God ****.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
With how much everyone is complaining about everything, all I really want to know is how these kids get their tampons in. God ****.
I get it now. This is the main problem. They weren't giving out free tampons. Obviously, they all forgot them at home. Forget the food; there are more important matters to address!

Gingerr

Smash Lord
HAHA. I love you Tommy.

Real talk though, I DO want to shout out to Reflex and Desu, because you guys are awesome, and I could not feel any better about getting ***** in a MK ditto by Desu :]

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
You know, the frustrating thing is everyone is claiming to be tournament directors who know how to run tournaments, etc. etc. etc. But no one is willing to out on a limb and host a tournament every few months or very often for the community. We can all complain to high heavens about how expensive the venue was, how crappy it was ran, etc. Why don't I see all those complaining opening up thread for more tournaments? Why aren't there any other leaders willing to stand up and go and outdo me?

I mean, I tried my best. Brawl and Melee are a tournament director's nightmare. Ask any tournament director and they will tell you if Brawl did not have a huge following, they wouldn't include it. But because of the way it is, we have to include it if we want to have a good turnout.

But the new Impact Clash III thread is about to be posted. I will give free entry to five people to help run the Brawl and Melee brackets and free lunch as well. I will hand you guys the brackets and that will be a wrap. Also, I would like for someone to volunteer bringing a laptop and running the brackets off an separate laptop so we aren't doing it on paper.

The next tournament will be in January and here are some things you can look out for that will be better.

I'm looking into getting a different venue, we will be at the Cobb Galleria, here are huge advantages.

1. Parking is free. That's right free of cost.
2. The center is very accessible as far as bringing in equipment. It has a loading dock to make things easier for you guys bringing equipment.
3. There is a food court inside of it that is actually inside the same building and is like 30 seconds away from the actual tournament room.
4. There is a hotel that's only $35.99 a night for out of towners wanting a place to crash.
5. It's no longer in downtown meaning no confusing street to worry about or traffic.
6. The new room will address every issue the older one had. It has multiple outlets and we will be able to hook up way more TVs to it.

So hopefully redemption is in sight and I would like to get a few people to volunteer to come and help out with the brackets and ensure that the game runs right. Again I will give them free entry, and free lunch as well. A repeat of all this will not happen and it will all be ran much more professionally with more TVs a larger room and hopefully more people bringing equipment.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol. Tommy G and Ginger are too good at what they do.

im done complaining about the tourney. Doing so wont get my any of that time back, and it really wont make the situation any better. Mr. Gannon, me kokingpin and dookdiggity ended up running the brawl singles. SleepyK and someone else did melee doubles. Im not sure who else of other tourneys helped out with their brackets

on a good note, that CNN building was pretty pro. its like a mall food court, but like 3x better

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You know, the frustrating thing is everyone is claiming to be tournament directors who know how to run tournaments, etc. etc. etc. But no one is willing to out on a limb and host a tournament every few months or very often for the community. We can all complain to high heavens about how expensive the venue was, how crappy it was ran, etc. Why don't I see all those complaining opening up thread for more tournaments? Why aren't there any other leaders willing to stand up and go and outdo me?

I mean, I tried my best. Brawl and Melee are a tournament director's nightmare. Ask any tournament director and they will tell you if Brawl did not have a huge following, they wouldn't include it. But because of the way it is, we have to include it if we want to have a good turnout.

But the new Impact Clash III thread is about to be posted. I will give free entry to five people to help run the Brawl and Melee brackets and free lunch as well. I will hand you guys the brackets and that will be a wrap. Also, I would like for someone to volunteer bringing a laptop and running the brackets off an separate laptop so we aren't doing it on paper.

The next tournament will be in January and here are some things you can look out for that will be better.

I'm looking into getting a different venue, we will be at the Cobb Galleria, here are huge advantages.

2. The center is very accessible as far as bringing in equipment. It has a loading dock to make things easier for you guys bringing equipment.
3. There is a food court inside of it that is actually inside the same building and is like 30 seconds away from the actual tournament room.
4. There is a hotel that's only $35.99 a night for out of towners wanting a place to crash.
5. It's no longer in downtown meaning no confusing street to worry about or traffic.
6. The new room will address every issue the older one had. It has multiple outlets and we will be able to hook up way more TVs to it.

So hopefully redemption is in sight and I would like to get a few people to volunteer to come and help out with the brackets and ensure that the game runs right. Again I will give them free entry, and free lunch as well. A repeat of all this will not happen and it will all be ran much more professionally with more TVs a larger room and hopefully more people bringing equipment.
Im happy to see that you are learning from mistakes and such. I was probably alittle TOO anal in my posts, but I was pretty angry because of what happened and what i could have been doing had i stayed home. No hard feelings.

I'd volunteer to run the brawl brackets if i came to the tourney. I'd have to see the concrete date and see if it doesnt fool around with anything else first. The drive itself really isnt bad with a full car. Ill make sure that i take an automatic transmission this time so we can take shifts

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

I organized and advertised my own tournament with play n trade. It was only like 30-40 people, but it was not hard AT ALL. Organization is very simple, unless you are a moron. Also, that was the first tournament I EVER held/organized/made sure went well. Instead of making excuses, why don't you say sorry and promise a better organized tournament next time?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I gotta step in on this one about the tournament hosts and etc. FullMetal is a successful host for the TO series, Soft is successfully hosting the NOYS series, RenegadeMarth successfully hosts the SoD series, and there are other notable series that have retired or are gaining namesake (G4S is retired, but TGMT series is getting well reknowned FAST, especially since their first turnout had about 100 in attendance for Melee alone, including people from Canada and even from off the coast)

So... just be sure you got the right ones down when you call out tournament organizers, because I'm proud to say that we (the tournament organizers) do a pretty good job in GA. (Though I will also admit that the sheer number of tournaments in GA have dropped a bit.)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
As far as I know, Peter DID play GA's best Marvel player in their first round, it was supposed to be a MM, in which Bananas had sidebets on (respectively, on Peter's side), and Peter definitely ***** the guy.

Then someone stole his sticks converter and he couldn't play the rest of the tournament.

Peter doesn't get ***** by GA people lol The tournament was free for him.
Heard that ***** didn't win? Oh wait, that GA Marvel player ***** everyone...

Eddie? Yeah. gg.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I organized and advertised my own tournament with play n trade. It was only like 30-40 people, but it was not hard AT ALL. Organization is very simple, unless you are a moron. Also, that was the first tournament I EVER held/organized/made sure went well. Instead of making excuses, why don't you say sorry and promise a better organized tournament next time?
YOU!

why in the hell didnt you come to this tournament?!?!

lordiceman

Smash Rookie
Organizer #2

A lot of you complain how bad the tournament turnout was, but did any of you actually try to help fix it? besides complaining about it to tournament organizers. Like did anyone stand up and walk around to help? or was the floor too hard for you to walk on?
Good post sir' and the answer to your question is no.

People complaining about the long posts because they do not want to answer to there own negativity.

It's not that we CANNOT run Melee or Brawl...

But we felt it was EASIER to allow someone from you all's own community too run each game because he or she would understand the entire thing more than us, be able to seed the best players etc.

GameDragonX: The tv's sitting on the floor that your friends sat on etc, were RF tv's alone, you could look at them and tell they were old, one tv and dials on it to turn the channel not even a push button tv so how did you expect us to use them??

You all did have 8 tv's overall at first BUT someone from the BRawl community said the other 2 tv's were lagging... Which I did not know was possible but what ever.

When I cut you all's tv's down too two... it was 8:15pm... you all started at exactly 3pm.. how was I wrong for that??
Also... Brawl players won't own up to there own faults, 40 or more of you all DID NOT PRE REG, SO WE HAD TO MAKE BRACKETS RIGHT THEN AND THERE TO ATTEMPT TO FIT YOU IN AND TRASH THE BRACKETS THAT WERE PRE MADE.

How do you all expect the tournament to be organized and run in a timely orderly fashion if you yourselves are not???
You mean to tell me not 20 of you could have posted at the last minute "Sign me up, Such and such for Brawl / melee"

GameDragonX: TV's in your car dude... what good are they to us in your car.... also you STILL ignoring the fact that melee had less entries than freegin' brawl, brawl was by far the biggest tourny and once it was too the second level of its losers, melee could have ran.

It was your own community of people who continued to lie about there finals and casual matches, you all were crying about me bumping your tv's down at 8:15pm... not even your own community agree's with you, how did you all NOT get to at least your finals by 8pm dude??
4 tv's running at a time means 8 people playing at once, and you rotate accordingly... how hard is that??

Either way man we did our best to accomidate your ENTIRE COMMUNITY.
We appologize for assuming the Melee community got along with the Brawl community, in the Street Fighter Community Marvel Players still get along with Super Turbo Players,3rd strike Players etc

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
YOU!

why in the hell didnt you come to this tournament?!?!
Well, I'm kind of in a situation where I need to pay **** off asap or I'm out of my house. In short I need to get some **** together lol...so I've been working 40 hours a week and just getting high around town, so I don't blow gas money. I just so happened to work on that day =\ I haven't even touched a cube controller in 2 months. When I stop ****ing around, I'll come beat you guys haha :]

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Good post sir' and the answer to your question is no.

People complaining about the long posts because they do not want to answer to there own negativity.

It's not that we CANNOT run Melee or Brawl...

But we felt it was EASIER to allow someone from you all's own community too run each game because he or she would understand the entire thing more than us, be able to seed the best players etc.

GameDragonX: The tv's sitting on the floor that your friends sat on etc, were RF tv's alone, you could look at them and tell they were old, one tv and dials on it to turn the channel not even a push button tv so how did you expect us to use them??

You all did have 8 tv's overall at first BUT someone from the BRawl community said the other 2 tv's were lagging... Which I did not know was possible but what ever.

When I cut you all's tv's down too two... it was 8:15pm... you all started at exactly 3pm.. how was I wrong for that??
Also... Brawl players won't own up to there own faults, 40 or more of you all DID NOT PRE REG, SO WE HAD TO MAKE BRACKETS RIGHT THEN AND THERE TO ATTEMPT TO FIT YOU IN AND TRASH THE BRACKETS THAT WERE PRE MADE.

How do you all expect the tournament to be organized and run in a timely orderly fashion if you yourselves are not???
You mean to tell me not 20 of you could have posted at the last minute "Sign me up, Such and such for Brawl / melee"

GameDragonX: TV's in your car dude... what good are they to us in your car.... also you STILL ignoring the fact that melee had less entries than freegin' brawl, brawl was by far the biggest tourny and once it was too the second level of its losers, melee could have ran.

It was your own community of people who continued to lie about there finals and casual matches, you all were crying about me bumping your tv's down at 8:15pm... not even your own community agree's with you, how did you all NOT get to at least your finals by 8pm dude??
4 tv's running at a time means 8 people playing at once, and you rotate accordingly... how hard is that??

Either way man we did our best to accomidate your ENTIRE COMMUNITY.
We appologize for assuming the Melee community got along with the Brawl community, in the Street Fighter Community Marvel Players still get along with Super Turbo Players,3rd strike Players etc
Why can I pay 10 dollars to get into an organized fair with many more people? Why should people have to pay 30$ or w/e it was to have to organize the tournament themselves? That's ********. what kind of business man are you? or whoever organized this ****.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'm sorry and there will be a better organized tournament next time. And there will be steps put in place to make sure this happens.

But you are talking about two different things here. 30-40 people for a Brawl only tournament is simple. But when you have Brawl, Melee, Soul Calibur, CVS2, etc. etc. etc. all going on at the same time all competing for television and space it's a different ball game. If you are running a Brawl only tournament or heck even Brawl and Melee only that much easier. But running all these other tournaments with Brawl in the mix is way different. Organization is simple for one or two games, but multiple games at once, yeah you are going to run into trouble. Especially if you weren't expecting an attendance of such.

All of this will be solved as I stated in my last post about my new venue and how the way we are going to get trusted people from the community running the brackets.

Frames

DI
Pre-registration is the key here for us having a great tournament and knowing if games will have so please pre-register
You keep missing the point that we didn't know this many people were coming for Brawl or Melee.
.......................................................wtf lol

Additionally I PERSONALLY APPOLOGIZE to the Melee Players. NES n00b made some valid points on SRK Forums.
We did NOT know that you all had disintion between your own community meaning, we didn't know some Brawl players, didn't like Melee players, which caused the Melee players to get booted away from there station and down to one single T.V.
I'm not gonna say much, but basically I see this as the biggest problem, the fact that the hosts don't seem to know much about the smash community is easily the reason why this tournament seems to have such negative responses. I don't know anything about other fighting game communities, so I wouldn't host a mvc2/3s/cvs2/gg etc etc, unless I got to know how things work in the community, how the people were, and how they expect a tournament to be run. I think it's nice that the hosts are willing to make changes and host another one in January, but I think if you guys want a better response from the smash community, then you should take the time to learn what makes a good smash tournament and what doesn't. Even if you can't deliver on everything, at least your guests will have a better time around.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna say much, but basically I see this as the biggest problem, the fact that the hosts don't seem to know much about the smash community is easily the reason why this tournament seems to have such negative responses. I don't know anything about other fighting game communities, so I wouldn't host a mvc2/3s/cvs2/gg etc etc, unless I got to know how things work in the community, how the people were, and how they expect a tournament to be run. I think it's nice that the hosts are willing to make changes and host another one in January, but I think if you guys want a better response from the smash community, then you should take the time to learn what makes a good smash tournament and what doesn't. Even if you can't deliver on everything, at least your guests will have a better time around.
These points are the most hilarious, because if all of this "beef" between people in Brawl/Melee is true, that's really depressing. Pretty amazing that they can hold tournaments for MvC2/3S/CvS/GG/whatever else with no problems, but there's just SOMETHING about the smash community, isn't there?

Just, wow.

lordiceman

Smash Rookie
Originally Posted by Gingerr View Post
As far as I know, Peter DID play GA's best Marvel player in their first round, it was supposed to be a MM, in which Bananas had sidebets on (respectively, on Peter's side), and Peter definitely ***** the guy.

Then someone stole his sticks converter and he couldn't play the rest of the tournament.

Peter doesn't get ***** by GA people lol The tournament was free for him.

What??
Bananas like I said before Bananas is NOT our best Marvel player AND he did not lose at the tournament... he was in winners bracket with one match left too go, and I reviewed the brackets myself, please stop trying to over hype a situation.

Flash Metroid is cool people, im pretty sure he can talk his own smack, and as far as GA not being able to defeat Flash... let him say that, unless you play marvel and you and I can play 1st too 10 for $100??

GameDragonX: Id didn't mean to single you out dude, I was just trying to explain the overall situation and how hard it was to run the smash community with so much negativity of its own we did not know about, So I offer my appolgy to you and bury the perverbial hatchet.

Also you tournament organizers who are posting now...
Your tournaments im pretty sure do not get as big as final round, texas showdown, seasons beatings etc.
Meaning your TOTAL amount of overall players, games, etc will never match ours exspecially if your tournament is for the SMASH Community only.

One of the key things about being an organizer is you show respect to those on the scene and trying to help the scene, you might not want to help but you dont take pop shots at them.
I saw a few posts where guys said they had 30-40 people and it worked out... well we had 60 for just one game, over a 130 people came for smash and alot didn't even play in the tournaments so they were casual playing while we were trying to step in and clean up what mess the brawl community turned into.
Those numbers I just posted... were the numbers for SMASH Community only, we had over 30 for SC4, 20 for marvel, and the list goes on, all this for a ONE DAY TOURNAMENT.
That is the main reason PRe-Reg is so important

I also see why the SMASH community is stuck alone and cannot really grow to EVo and other places successfully.

You are right Gingerr we did not know you guys disliked each other over a different version of the same **** game.
But you are ignoring the fact that people lied about casual play and tournament play for what exactly??

The reason SC4 and Tekken had players doing money matches during there tournament was because people like dogysamich would NOT leave the Brawl area to come do his match, all of you there heard me calling his name multiple times and he wouldn't leave brawl area, even when he was NOT playing, so he held up three matches, I could have DQ'ed him but i was trying to give him a chance, not knowing if he was from out of state or anything, and I didnt want to have the young man drive up here just too get DQ'ed

Top Bottom