• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I'm sure he did **** everyone. . .

Except Peter, lol.
Eddie stomped everyone. Now please shut up unless you have something relevant to add to this topic. Ive read the last 5 things youve posted in this topic and all youre doing is causing more frustration. You dont know anything about running tournaments, Marvel, or Flash, nor did you participate in any from what I understand. Your opinion doesnt matter.

@The tournament directors: The only issue that people should complain about is the lack of tvs for melee. We had to run the entire winners and losers bracket on one tv while people were doing mm's on other tvs. The food thing, I dont think people should still be *****ing about. You paid for it out of your pocket before the tournament was even started, I think the people that did get food should be grateful and the ones that didnt should be faster. Also We understand that the time allowed was very small but we were all really looking forward to doubles. With that said, maybe the smaller tournaments should have been run first. Im not sure really because I only know when melee and Brawl started. But the fact that I had time to play my first bracket match, money match people in Marvel, take a nap, eat, take another nap, take a walk outside then come back hours later to my next match was unacceptable. You guys have a great thing going and despite how babyish people are acting now, they will be back next time provided we can get more than tv for the whole tournament. Im thankful for you guys taking the time to even add melee when you didnt plan on it in the first place.

Shoutouts to come later.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Trouble reading, much? I never said Bananas was the best Marvel player, I very clearly said he had a sidebet on Peter playing whoever the best player in GA was. I also never said that the best player lost the tournament, or that Peter won it.

He very well can, but not on smashboards, I'm not "talking smack", I'm explaining what Peter told me himself. As far as letting Peter say that no one in GA can beat him, he did already, lol. My being able to play Marvel is irrelevant, the fact that I'm extremely good friends with Peter is though, and I'm just saying what I was told. Peter lurks the boards here, if I say something that's incorrect, he'll let me know, and I'll correct myself. Until then, gb2reading comprehension. Thanks.

Eddie stomped everyone. Now please shut up unless you have something relevant to add to this topic. Ive read the last 5 things youve posted in this topic and all youre doing is causing more frustration. You dont know anything about running tournaments, Marvel, or Flash, nor did you participate in any from what I understand. Your opinion doesnt matter.
I suppose telling people to chill out and stop ragging on the tournament directors unnecessarily is causing frustration, right? I forgot where I'm posting, the one place on the internet where *****ing on the boards is the BEST option!

I don't know anything about Marvel or Peter? Marvel maybe, but I don't think I need to know how to do infinites with or on a character to explain what I was told when it comes to the tournament, doesn't seem to relevant. As for me not knowing anything about Peter. . .that's really the BEST part xD Considering we're like, best friends. I did participate in a tournament, the worst of them! :colorful:

Peterthrowsrock: lol I played someone one match on a ****ty stick actually
Peterthrowsrock: I lost one round
Peterthrowsrock: and I was like...ok you win
Ginger is ***et: rofl
Peterthrowsrock: and they are like why and im like....this stick sucks and nobody would lend me their stic
Ginger is ***et: because of the converter thing?
Peterthrowsrock: yea I had to use someone elses stick
Peterthrowsrock: an american stick

WHO KNOWS IT'S A MYSTERY.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So, I bought Sonic Mega Collection and Final Fight on my way home. All I gotta say is, "Mike Haggar for BRAWL Smash 4!"

And let's face it, I've done worse things for the weekend before. I enjoyed meeting new people, actually gathering the nards to talk to Ginger(sorry I didn't get to play your Slayer!), duking it out with tough smashers and exploring SleepyK's awesome basement.

I learned that I need to rev up my DK. Good **** to everyone that I met/played.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i mean, some melee players hate brawl and vise versa, but i never thought the community actually hated each other as people. It may seem like that on the forums, but it really isnt that big of a deal at the actual tournaments.

It kinda reminds me when people tried to make a big deal out of the east coast vs west coast rap stuff in the mid 90s. If this is gonna mirror that, then the only way this is gonna end is if DSF and m2k both get killed by a drive by stoning of gamecubes

sonic mega collection is too good. Nothing beats playing through sonic spinball again :laugh:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hey; I have some more tournament matches from last weekend. I was slowly starting to become a PT/Ganon player, but my coming second at Impact Clash was a sobering loss; I'm going to practice Wario much more outside of tournament play now.

Either way, I think I need a bit of work.

Also, either way, here are very recent matches against one of the best Snakes in the nation (and certainly the best player in Florida, if not the Southeast entirely), Afro Thundah. Major kudos to that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVkDHsiqn8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlxqgSnKxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qi-Y-nh-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc_VgpNNyXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYyd5et4ms

I wish I got to see Futile play at least once in a while. :[
Quoted from my post in the Wario boards.

Which is to say, Brawl Finals videos are up.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I had more fun at Sleepy's after the tournament playing Mafia than I did at Final Round in barlw brackets. (and in the average 2 hours between matches, hurr)
Real talk.
Shout outs to come.
PS: I didn't get any chicken. What did I pay $20 for again? :<

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Our car won like...$1000 from this tourney.
In the XIF vs Afro match up

XIF: Two Trophies

Afro: One Trophy

I win you lose GG.

laaaaaaawwwllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The FL car was mad chill

Flash is really weird though <_<;

I dunno where gingerr is coming from with all this trash talk but w/e >_>

I'll see all you guys at the nexus next month.

Leh

Smash Ace
In the XIF vs Afro match up

XIF: Two Trophies

Afro: One Trophy

I win you lose GG.

laaaaaaawwwllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The FL car was mad chill

Flash is really weird though <_<;

I dunno where gingerr is coming from with all this trash talk but w/e >_>

I'll see all you guys at the nexus next month.
ah yes but Afro 350 and Xif....not 350.
OWN

Come to nexus son

Leh

Smash Ace
pleaseeee me and icekid woulda gave yah the Robotic Operating Buddy special.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why do I have two pictures of me sleeping at two different points at the tourney? =(

SleepyK aka josh aka john aka loved by all guy: **** YOU SLEEPY KEEPING ME UP!!!!!!! Why are you so cool that you keep me up? It is unfair. Major shoutouts to you for letting me and Alabama people stay at your house. And for playing me in Melee all night. And being cool. And giving me a double stacker from Wendy's. ;)

XiF: Thanks, but confidence is for people who are good or delusional.

PBJ: You and your **** talking won't help you when I play you in tourney. lol

FullMetal: Wish we could have played our money match. But I will play your sexy self next time.

Josh/s0ft: "Your falcon is gay" NO UR JIGGZ!!!!!!!!!!111!!!11! I wouldn't doubt too much you would win next time.

Cornel: Great job kicking my *** the two friendlies we played.....YOU JERK. Again you are way too awesome go to event 52 please. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. XD

Nicaboy: Sorry I sucked so much in teams. I was too tired. Sorry man. =( Good **** anyways and to the accusations that my falcon is gay like you and s0ft like to do, I would also like to say no u.

Flamin Roy: I would love rematches.

Lobeila MK whatever stuff i can't remember: It was definitely fun hanging out with you.

Chaddd: STOP YOUR SPACING ****.

Infi-Tan/Millin: LOL at me signing your cool book thing. Too bad we didn't get to hang out more at the tourney.

Desu/Tim: Much love to you. If only you would stop playing Barwl. XD Just kidding, you can play that game for all I care cause you are cool.

Dogy: U STILL LOUD. haha Your doc is too good.

KO: As lovable as ever. Yeah, I don't play Barwl anymore sorry, but that game irks me the wrong way.

JMOAN: Good job doing as well as you did. Epic beard is still epic.

Red Ninja: It has been a long time since I have seen you, but you are still as good as ever.

Alabama people: Already said the stuff on the way back, but that was one of the coolest road trips ever. You all were very pleasant to be around and I hope I can see you guys more often.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I find this a coincidence.
I worked at the Dome (or CC) in Atl. over the Summer. It's a big place..

I have quick questions though..
Are tourneys are held there often right? I'm wondering 'cause this might be the first place I go to for a tournament if I ever go to one. And if so which game scene is bigger, the Brawl or Melee scene?

If I ever have much time on my hands I'd like to participate over the Summer in one of these. It'd give me time to see siblings and play Smash at the same time!
*cheers*

Thanks.

Farmhouse Apple

Smash Rookie
If Kelli and I had entered the Brawl tournament, we would have ***** everyone....

And if I had entered the Melee singles I would have gotten first place.

JUST SAYING

Farmhouse Apple

Smash Rookie
Um yeah me (I was the redhead) and Kelli do indeed play Brawl/Melee sooo

We wanted to go to just pay friendlies but ummm no tvs and we weren't about to pay 20$, just to do that.

YEAH. WHAT.

-this was meant to be a response to Gingerr- btw

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

We wanted to go to just pay friendlies but ummm no tvs and we weren't about to pay 20$, just to do that.

YEAH. WHAT.

Wow...you're so important that you need 3 posts to say what you want to say. I don't know how to possibly compete with you. It's too much....

Edit: I like apples. XD

disbhieu2

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I call bull**** on YS, FoD and BF being counterpicks rather than neutrals.

This is the most anti-marth stage set I've ever seen
lol

But I'm not opposed to an all neutrals tournament, so long as the neutrals ARE neutral.
Listen i agree to drinkning and picking up the ladies!

disbhieu2

Smash Rookie
I need to play your amazing DR. Mario

That's true, but Smash is (to my knowledge) the ONLY game that has pools as a standard for big tournies. Which is why other games wrap up in an hour and smash (both brawl and melee) take forever.

I mean, we get more worth out of our money knowing that "Hey, im guarenteed atleast 7/8 sets, as opposed to 2", but then other communities dont have to wait 7½ for 1 round of pools (Which is EXACTLY what happened as fast1 for brawl.)

And for anybody who cares, frames said he was going to have 2/3 rounds of pools to cut brawl down to a 32 man bracket. Yeah.. that didnt happen. XD
Me and you are gonna throw it Down. in china town!

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
^ Holy **** Martin learn to multiquote rather than multipost

lol

mods will ***** at you.

And Farmhouse Apple (Chelsey) IS that f*cking important~ :chuckle:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

The reason SC4 and Tekken had players doing money matches during there tournament was because people like dogysamich would NOT leave the Brawl area to come do his match, all of you there heard me calling his name multiple times and he wouldn't leave brawl area, even when he was NOT playing, so he held up three matches, I could have DQ'ed him but i was trying to give him a chance, not knowing if he was from out of state or anything, and I didnt want to have the young man drive up here just too get DQ'ed
lol i played melee. I think the only time i was in the brawl area when was nice1 asked record his match. I handed the camera and came and played my match.

Again, im sorry i went off and played my matches when I was called for. Melee called me to play a match, you called me to "hang out while we play these few matches". I mean ****, is it really a problem that I entered multiple tournies? I understand, im not somebody like flash, so im not important enough to get loud speaker calls or anything. Nobody's going to fault you if you just say it.

Who knows, maybe if the schedule had everything on it, I could have actually planned on entering one or another, cause like I said for a while, never was on the schedule. And unlike you, we dont pile a buncha games into one.

Sounds like if you'da said 3-d fighters we coulda just said VF5 T5:DR and SC4 was all at the same time.

Or I dunno, starting the tourneys ontime? That front page says 12. I'm pretty sure I remember loads of people complaining that they got there before 12 and registration didnt even start till afterwards. That's fine i guess, seeing how the first tourney was guitar hero. Which *double checks to make sure*, yeah, isnt on the schedule.

**edit**
so i went over to srk and saw this.

Community Apologies:
I would first like to apologize to the "SMASH" Community in general (That means both Brawl and Melee Players) personally.

I was not an original staff member for the Impact Clash Tournament, just a consultant up until a few weeks ago.

You all are correct it was NOT your fault that the venue had limited outlets for us to plug up T.V.'s here and there, It is also NOT your fault that 6 total T.V.'s were not enough for you all to handle your tournaments in a timely fashion.

"BUT" please try to understand my and the other organizers position, we did not know the venue was limited on the outlets until we got there, Only Magnicious the "Original" organizer was allowed entry to the spot before the tournament and even that fell through, We also did not know that they would charge $85 bucks for the use of extension cords (yes we are NOT allowed to bring or use our own extension cords, we have to use the venues) so we had to make do with what we had, we thought by giving you all 6 T.V.'s it would get Brawl moving along, then Melee, then the other bigger tournaments would follow.

I really do not want the SMASH community to feel un-wanted or left out, the staff that was on hand respects your want to be apart of something bigger, and your interest in this game, the next Impact Clash Tournament will be handled by more "EXPERIENCED" individuals, A different + larger venue, and if you all are still interested in expanding your community, we will do our best to accommodate your community as best as we can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then i posted this
Dogysamich said:
Ya know, I had full intention of coming here and blasting you for what you wrongfully (yes wrongfully, but keep reading) said about me over on smashboards, but if you're big enough to come out with the full story, I myself can let my small quarrels go and chalk it up as a learning experience.
If that's how it really went down, I can live with that.

Valadis

Smash Cadet

YEAH. WHAT.

Chelseh is mah lover. XD o.-
SHEEPS DON'T SAY EWE KELLI.

Top Bottom