• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IU Brawl Club Presents: Bloomington Holy House of Smash! July 18th BRAWL AND MELEEEEE

Well, now you've found one, lol.

I started playing Brawl about two months before I started playing Melee. I like both a lot, though. I play Brawl more because there's more people to play around me, there's Wi-Fi, and I like being a part of an evolving metagame. All I can play in Melee is my brother, and with age johns, I'd have to persuade my parents/siblings to travel upwards of 2 hours to play a game I'm horrible at compared to everyone else.

Really though, I don't see why you have to "switch". Why not just play both?

related: So Louisville and who else is going to this?
I mark that as 2, i played semi-competitive melee, but after brawl came out just <3'd the game moar i doooo miss mewtwo beating people who thought they could play well :p twas only cuz they played high tier chars. buuut i propose this idea!

You have a melee tournament (just singles, maybe doubles if theres time) as well, there is a slight catch altho not much of one obviously we would use todays standard SBR melee rules, its been while so i cant call them off the top of my head BUT! the tourney cost is the catch, if you play in the brawl tourney (either singles, doubles or both) its only $5 to enter (either, or, or both) melee events, if you dont enter into any of the brawl events the melee cost for those who dont is $10. just a thought, if it would increase turnout, boost the indiana scene, all that good stuff then fine, but this was mere speculation on my part its entirely up to LoZ and Master Composer to decide whether they would want this or not

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Brawl is for nubs... simple as that. If one is lazy/has a hard time comprehending complex mind game sets.... go to brawl. If you want a game with limitless upside/potential.... come to melee. Simple choice... stop being scrubs.

The argument people have is based off of the so-called reasons brawl players think brawl is better. 10/10 times such reasons are hilariously foolish and are comprised of zero logic. Brawl is simply easy as hell to pick up and allows people to be competitive right at the get go. Simply put... its the lazy gamers game.

Melee players are simply angry at nintendo's lack of vision... could have made something great.. instead they give us... some watered down pos that has divided the ****ing community... GOD rofl.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Brawl is for nubs... simple as that. If one is lazy/has a hard time comprehending complex mind game sets.... go to brawl. If you want a game with limitless upside/potential.... come to melee. Simple choice... stop being scrubs.

The argument people have is based off of the so-called reasons brawl players think brawl is better. 10/10 times such reasons are hilariously foolish and are comprised of zero logic. Brawl is simply easy as hell to pick up and allows people to be competitive right at the get go. Simply put... its the lazy gamers game.

Melee players are simply angry at nintendo's lack of vision... could have made something great.. instead they give us... some watered down pos that has divided the ****ing community... GOD rofl.
No one wants to admit it but that is the only reason that brawl is popular. It gives the illusion of skill. There's a reason why the top players in brawl still have close matches with randoms. I'll give you a hint, it's not the players.

This trolling holds truth... :( embrace the truth... it will set you free!!
Either way, truth or not trolling is trolling, and a games difficulty has nothing to do with the people who play it competitively, its irrelevant i know both B<M converts, and M<B converts they have their own reasons, and actually you cant do competitive for either right out of the get go. unlike in SF, King of Fighter, Guilty Gear ( <3), etc... where you can button mash your way to victory, you cant do it in Smash, you wont pull off any move of any sort of you would in the end just be highly punishable. thats probably why smash has held such an appeal (for me at least) dont get me wrong when i troll on melee i LIKE melee not the people who come into BRAWL threads and shove some self righteous thought that it is a better game, its like someone who likes white coming in and telling someone who likes black that white is a vastly superior color(tint, shade w/e), but quite simply its not that cuz they're two vastly different things, so honestly, until a melee gets confirmed for this, the melee players should stop posting, other wise its just completely useless and a waste of time, and your really only clogging up the thread, they are two vastly different games, with two different kinds of upper level play, we are still one community but we need'nt try and shove each others game into the others face, srsly :urg: id hope we'd be over this, so before posting, check to make sure its constructive to BRAWL! (unless the TO's ok a melee tourney) then post otherwise

ice-

Smash Journeyman
Either way, truth or not trolling is trolling, and a games difficulty has nothing to do with the people who play it competitively, its irrelevant i know both B<M converts, and M<B converts they have their own reasons, and actually you cant do competitive for either right out of the get go. unlike in SF, King of Fighter, Guilty Gear ( <3), etc... where you can button mash your way to victory, you cant do it in Smash, you wont pull off any move of any sort of you would in the end just be highly punishable. thats probably why smash has held such an appeal (for me at least) dont get me wrong when i troll on melee i LIKE melee not the people who come into BRAWL threads and shove some self righteous thought that it is a better game, its like someone who likes white coming in and telling someone who likes black that white is a vastly superior color(tint, shade w/e), but quite simply its not that cuz they're two vastly different things, so honestly, until a melee gets confirmed for this, the melee players should stop posting, other wise its just completely useless and a waste of time, and your really only clogging up the thread, they are two vastly different games, with two different kinds of upper level play, we are still one community but we need'nt try and shove each others game into the others face, srsly :urg: id hope we'd be over this, so before posting, check to make sure its constructive to BRAWL! (unless the TO's ok a melee tourney) then post otherwise

Seriously?

You started the trolling, it was only a matter of time before the Trail came in to flame. If you think you can play competitive GG or SF you are sorely mistaken (I don't really know anything about snk). If you didn't want people to flame you, you shouldn't of started it.

I actually thought you were just a really good troll for a bit, but I guess I was mistaken....

ice-

Smash Journeyman
fixed your quote :ohwell:

Good one, I am not sure why you keep quoting me, I just pointed out its a wee bit hypocritical to ask people to stop trolling/flaming/derailing a thread when you started it with some incendiary remarks.

You should really have expected this to happen. Also, its pretty hard to stop a flame war when you keep responding.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
*punchs Count*

In all seriousness though, stop this stupid nonsense.
Take your squabbling to a thread where they aren't trying to host an honest tourney without any bull****.
VaMP, stop arguing with everyone.
Everyone, stop arguing with VaMP.
If you don't have anything nice to say about Brawl or Melee, don't say it.

This is a thread hyping a tourney, not a thread bashing anyone else.
So start acting like it.

ESPECIALLY YOU COUNT. D:<

Jekyll

Smash Ace
also, purdue is better than iu
I'm still out of steam from my "feud" with BunBun...So I'll just say "no".

Since this is in my back yard, and I secretly <3 LoZ and Composer, I'll be there regardless of the games being played. But I could definitely dig some melee if you guys are willing to add it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Vamp you are failing so hard. I don't care about the response. Get good at games. Until then focus on being "semi-competitive" at forum ruining.

Jekyll, you didn't answer my text nor my amazing 13 minute voicemail you d1ckfuc. Hope to see you 2maro at KB 10.0.

Vamp. $20 MM. Melee. =$ <<<?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
It takes about a couple hours to learn how to play competitive brawl. Personally, i would consider that right at the "get go".

Honestly, brawl is a decent game. It just doesn't add up to anything special.

:( Just so frustrated that Nintendo lacked complete vision, they could have produced a halo,starcraft,counterstrike of their own. Alas, such a legendary smash game will probably never come into existence. At least not with Sakurai ****ing **** up.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Vamp you are failing so hard. I don't care about the response. Get good at games. Until then focus on being "semi-competitive" at forum ruining.

Jekyll, you didn't answer my text nor my amazing 13 minute voicemail you d1ckfuc. Hope to see you 2maro at KB 10.0.

Vamp. $20 MM. Melee. =$ <<<?
My phone doesn't really exist at the moment. I'll be there at 3-3:30

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Alas, such a legendary smash game will probably never come into existence. At least not with Sakurai ****ing **** up.
Melee is a legendary smash game, and Sakurai is no longer on board for an SSB4 if there is one.

Wheeeeew back to back tourney weekends~ gonna be super win. as for setups i might be able to get one :| unfortunately ill be coming alone since all my friends were like "lol smash, :ohwell: we gonna try and go pro in halo k bai nao"

ice-

Smash Journeyman
It takes about a couple hours to learn how to play competitive brawl. Personally, i would consider that right at the "get go".

Honestly, brawl is a decent game. It just doesn't add up to anything special.

:( Just so frustrated that Nintendo lacked complete vision, they could have produced a halo,starcraft,counterstrike of their own. Alas, such a legendary smash game will probably never come into existence. At least not with Sakurai ****ing **** up.

<3 Starcraft, making a game like that takes time, and a lot of focus on gameplay, something I believe Nintendo wouldn't want to do. Also I am in awe of your ability to find ever pro-brawl or anti-melee post and reply to it.

On topic, I don't know if I am coming to this, I have to move out of my apartment soon, so I might make it this weekend and play in it.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
after much consideration there will be melee

so im going to ask what you guys want singles or doubles?

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
What? II do indeed have a head, and please don't set me up :(
I lold.

10lols.

Also, it really depends if we have enough people to do Melee, and enough people to play it. I'm all for it, and Louisville might, but if there's only like 5 people going to play Melee...it depends.

But seriously, how many people do we have coming to this? If I come, then at least my older brother is coming + possibly one more person.

...needs more hype.

I lold.

10lols.

Also, it really depends if we have enough people to do Melee, and enough people to play it. I'm all for it, and Louisville might, but if there's only like 5 people going to play Melee...it depends.

But seriously, how many people do we have coming to this? If I come, then at least my older brother is coming + possibly one more person.

...needs more hype.
@ LoZ: Singles pl0x!
@ Attendees: HYPE-UP BEAM!!!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
If I have any extra money, I might be able to get to this.

Might need a ride though... gaaaah.

EDIT: So odds are if I have the cash I can definantly come to this, I'd just have to meet up with somebody in Indianapolis who could drive the rest of the way. (Mabye drive Trip/Clutch/Raid/Uno <- Same person, different names. the rest of the way too?)

Probably won't be bringing setups because of the reason above, though.

If I have any extra money, I might be able to get to this.

Might need a ride though... gaaaah.

EDIT: So odds are if I have the cash I can definantly come to this, I'd just have to meet up with somebody in Indianapolis who could drive the rest of the way. (Mabye drive Trip/Clutch/Raid/Uno <- Same person, different names. the rest of the way too?)

Probably won't be bringing setups because of the reason above, though.
i can probably cover you on that part, what part of indianapolis, and how many people? my cars a good size, fits 5 (including driver) if your willing to squeeze just a bit

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
i can probably cover you on that part, what part of indianapolis, and how many people? my cars a good size, fits 5 (including driver) if your willing to squeeze just a bit
Idk, whatever part of Indianapolis you'd be willing to meet in. It'd probably just be two of us. Me and Trip or me or Ducky, probably Trip. Ducky's parents are stick ups.

I think we could dish out like $5 in gas each to help you out too. (We're poor people...)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
after much consideration there will be melee

so im going to ask what you guys want singles or doubles?
Doubles will bring more people. But I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to get ppl to participate... Will people that play brawl enter? In that case we are probably ok.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Why would doubles bring more people?
(honest question)

I'd definitely enter Melee whatever, though.

If Evansville ends up coming, someone teach me Fox please. Mine's horrible.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
At the last SLoTH, almost everyone still there after singles was willing to play Melee, so I think we'll be good on that.

We need tom ake sure we get people here to play Brawl too though. :p

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
ill play both, all day long
and all night long

we are talking about street fighter 4 and 3rd strike right?

:O get your hype on guys!!! oh hay ya srsly so friday night (after 8:30) if anyone who needs/wants a ride wants to crash @ my place and smash can, i have the house to myself and well xD it would save trouble for us i guess

Top Bottom