• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IU Brawl Club Presents: Bloomington Holy House of Smash! July 18th BRAWL AND MELEEEEE

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Kirby can do the same thing on the Tree on Stadium 1 xD

Somewhere else too, but I don't remember

Also Louisville's confirmed to be coming to this btw :D

And taking top two

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Louisville take top two!? Only if Oreo shows up.

But Hilt, you should teach my cousin Olimar here instead of at Kakuna, because he can't attend.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I'm far too awesome to rely on Kirbeh glitches.

As of now, PC is added to the list (Uh... LoZ, do that to make it more official) as a CP. (PC CP!)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
What a bad stage.

Melee ruleset should be copy/pasted from SMYM9 aka Midwest Melee circuit championships, although I think green greens should be banned as well (its banned about 50% of tournaments now). If singles can happen then let it be singles.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
gotcha will edit later, im sleepy

PEEF GET YOUR MELEE GUYS READY TO WHOOP MY ***

HYPE TRAIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
MELEE SINGLES DO EEEEEET.

I'm going to get wrecked so hard. All I have is tech skill from only being able to play level 1 computers and practicing that, and it's bad tech skill at that.

._.

Oh, and I can finally meet the real Xero, not Zozefup "Xero." >_>

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Corneria's legal, but Rainbow Cruise and Pictochat aren't?

:/

Anyone up for a tier crew MM (in Brawl)? It's basically a crew battle where you use a character in every tier. It's stupid...but fun. 1 or 2 dollars? I'll have to think of the exact rules later, as I'm not 100% sure of how rules in a standard crew battle go anyway, lol.

I somewhat hope that I play Tactical in tournament, because I have a little surprise for him.
(lolnaners)

My Fox's tech skill is getting steadily better, but wtf, how do you waveshine OoS? I've tried tapping Y OoS, flicking c-stick up, and flicking analog stick up and back down, and I ALWAYS SHORT HOP THE SHINE. It's annoying.

Jekyll (who's probably not reading this thread and I'm not even completely sure if you're going), I hear you're pretty good at Melee. And I never really got a chance to talk to you/play you at SLoTH 1, so I'm down with friendlies in either game. If you want to.

(ganondooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrfffff)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
^ Lately a fox has come between us, but we're definitely hetero life partners.

AvaricePanda, you've got the right idea, it's just really hard to do. I claw and it's still pretty hard just to get the grounded shine OoS. We'll definitely get friendlies next weekend. :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm a little confused at the stage list :/

LoZ have you seen the recommended stage list the SBR made? Not that you HAVE to go by it by any means, but it's generally accepted and used by most TO's to an extent.

Here's a link to the SBR's ruleset with the stage list (which can be modified to the TO's discretion). However you don't have to go by this, by any means. Just in case you want to

Because my character is gonna be WTFRAPE with the stage list you have now ^^;

edit: @avarice: looks like someone told you tac's weakness :laugh:

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I really don't know what tac's weakness is...

but Diddy can infinite Lucario LOL

@Jekyll: So which button combination do you recommend using? I looked at Flux's obscure things guide and tried c-stick up with not great success, and I tried the other two jumps with not great success anything. I'm trying to round out the edges of my Fox's tech skill before Saturday so I have somewhat of a chance.

And okay@friendlies. You can wreck me in Fox dittos :D

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
if its melee stages you guys are talking about, i just copy pasted from SMYM 10 thread
but ill look the list of generally accepted ones for both games

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The Brawl stage list was hand constructed by a team of top scientists and consultants who know what's best for our country and the people as a whole.

The Melee stage list can be whatever it wants because that's not the one I'm running. :p

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I put pictochat on the list (or asked LoZ to).

Rainbow Cruise I'm more worried about moving, despite the fact that Kirby excels there, because there's so much stage motion that it does hurt a lot of characters.

I wouldn't be opposed to changing it but it needs more support and soon.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Okay...so I figured out that Indianapolis is less than two hours away from SMYM10.

Whether or not I go to SMYM depends entirely on if I win money here and how well I do at melee here, although I'm probably going to try to go even if I get completely wrecked.

no pressure or anything

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I will sandbag against you to get you to go to SMYM. It is an experience man.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Lol PEEF.

I'm counting on getting money from Brawl singles or doubles. I already know I have no chance at Melee singles, I just need to get all the practice I can before then.

It's just more convincing for me to ask to go to SMYM10 when I come home with 100 dollars in my hand.
>_><_<

Lol PEEF.

I'm counting on getting money from Brawl singles or doubles. I already know I have no chance at Melee singles, I just need to get all the practice I can before then.

It's just more convincing for me to ask to go to SMYM10 when I come home with 100 dollars in my hand.
>_><_<
well avarice then i guess ill see you in the finals of both singles and doubles! :p cuz i think im the one whos going to win it.

as for melee, haha played legan at melee this weekend xD his link was awesome i was glad to have gotten 2 stocks off him even if it was from just sheer bad timing on his part and luck on mine

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Then you're scared of the wrong people.

I mean really... I'm coming to this.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I plan on winning, too.

LoZ12001

Smash Journeyman
i dont care who is winning , i just want anyone who says they are coming to be there

HYPE IT UP!!

also ill make rainbow cruise legal if composer and crew say its ok, and you guys are cool with it

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
My wi-fi's really moody and doesn't like working all the time.

My Fox is pretty horrible (melee). Tech-wise I'm getting kinda better, but I'm just bad against people. Sometimes I play my brother's Marth (he doesn't L-cancel anything lol) and I try to punish a lot of the stuff he does but...I fail at it, lol.

I'm really going to have to fill up in melee friendlies. And brawl friendlies. And someone tier crew MM me in brawl.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i dont care who is winning , i just want anyone who says they are coming to be there

HYPE IT UP!!

^this :D

Gotta say I'm looking more forward to hanging out with everyone than any chance at winning. I try not to get overconfident when it comes to these things, and when i do it's usually just me joking ^^;

I do plan to make top two though. But I love competition, so feel free to prove me wrong ;D

I think Louisville begs to differ.

I'm scared of Hilt x_x.

^.^

PEEF!

Smash Hero
OK so I'm going to try to get the better of the guys down here to come.

I know it would be real lame if I couldn't make it after asking for this much Melee, but I will come if the rent's allow it. Probably with KB members Reneblade, Wiggins, Shonic, and Da Biz Wiz, or any mixture of them.

We will win (minus Jekyll, but he is KneeBash too, so basically KB is gonna dominate this shiz.)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Given that you've all being playing 6-months-ish (except Jekyll), I'm going to fool myself into thinking I have a chance.

Hilt, who all from Louisville is coming?

Count

Smash Champion
Once again, really wish I could go to this.

@TOs about corneria:

I honestly think this stage being legal might be part of our recent attendance issues. Nobody wants to go to a tournament where a stage where all of D3's matchups are 70-30 on. In addition to that, it gives other characters too good of an advantage (example, gnw). The constant wall gives a lot of characters neutrals. This stage isn't even considered banned/CP by the SBR, it is considered banned. Even green greens is banned/CP.

Just my opinion though, I'm really interested in results for this.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I do plan to make top two though. But I love competition, so feel free to prove me wrong ;D
Hilt, I look forward to playing you again. I'm sorry about the utter destruction I'll have to give you though. I've practiced for this so much that my finger that I shield with is swollen and hurts like hell.

EDIT: But of course it won't be utter destruction per say, I'm just joking around. :D

Top Bottom