• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K.U.B. - Road to Apex Qualifier 9/22/12

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I listened to it with Tommy so much lol
idk I though it was decent.
I don't have any knowledge of Lupe's other stuff to noh8pls
oh im not hating.

just the more lupe you listen to, the more you hate lasers

since me and tommy have listened to it all, we didn't like it that much

Mampam

Smash Ace
house is annoying as hell lol, although i dont HATE it, maybe cause its abused at my job, although mainstream rap is abused too

ive never been a lupe fan, idk why, i just dont like the vibe he gives off :c

the show goes on and kick push are still good

***** BAD, WOMAN GUUD, LAYDEE BETTUH

idk, i like catchy ****, and never grew up caring about messages in songs, although theres songs like ill mind of hopsin 5 which i abused cause of the lyrics

swimming pools by kendrick lamar is GODLIKE as well, and although i know what hes talking about, as a non drinker, i just listen for fun xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You listen to Lupe? He's is my favorite rapper and one of top 3 lyrical rappers IMO. "The Cool" is still one of my favorite albums ever. I hate all the mainstream garbage on the radio lol

Hopefully Food and Liquor 2 is a lot better than Lasers was tho
With the 3-4 singles that hes put out so far, its pretty much guaranteed.
House/techno is not bad. Rappers trying to use house/techno to get the pop audience to buy their records are. It's comparable to how so many people play so lame in brawl. You can hate it all you want, they'll just be waving that cash in yo face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE69NeFcuHE
I dont think this qualifies as what youre talking about though

+10 rep

yea lupe is my favorite rapper. He pretty much apologized for lasers immediately after it came out, as he said he was pressured by his label to get something out. His mixtape after that, Friends of the People, was sick. F&L2 should be amazing if its even 80% of the first one
he even made multiple references to his disapproval of Lasers in a number of the FotP tracks. Like in SLR, "top 5 alive, but I only got two (albums) out"
I liked lasers ;___;
I enjoyed Lasers as well, but theres no question that it doesnt hold a candle to his other albums/mixtapes
If you havn't heard his mixtape yet dalton, heres my favorite song from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArPglOsI9k
yea, this.
this is one of mine, just to show the level of variance that hes capable off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMSvSGCXHJA
house is annoying as hell lol, although i dont HATE it, maybe cause its abused at my job, although mainstream rap is abused too

idk, i like catchy ****, and never grew up caring about messages in songs, although theres songs like ill mind of hopsin 5 which i abused cause of the lyrics

swimming pools by kendrick lamar is GODLIKE as well, and although i know what hes talking about, as a non drinker, i just listen for fun xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpugK0RpEaU
this is now the good rap thread.
you should take a listen to all of his stuff. The only person that Ive ever seen that said they dont like Lupe after hearing his music is, funnily enough, Childish Gambino when I asked him at one of his comedy shows. lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE69NeFcuHE
I dont think this qualifies as what youre talking about though
It doesn't qualify because he's actually still doing him while others are mainly using that sound and changing their flow for some cheap appeal.

I have to add that I still listen to what I criticize because I listen to everything. I'm not happy with the direction, but I mainly blame the record labels for that.

pesticide

Smash Lord
If you havn't heard his mixtape yet dalton, heres my favorite song from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HArPglOsI9k
I literally have every single one of Lupe's songs on my iPod lol. It's kind of ridiculous actually. All the way back to his Farenheit 1/15 mixtapes. FOTP and Enemy of the State were really good mixtapes.

I could see how someone thinks Lasers was good without having heard any of Lupe's other stuff before tho. But compared to any other album he's made, Lasers is just not very good at all.

Yea Lupe is more of a lyrical rapper than the mainstream "catchy-music" guys on the radio now. Not saying that I don't enjoy listening to catchy rap songs tho. Lupe just makes me think a lot more than any other rapper does. I actually have to go to rapgenius.com sometimes to find out exactly what Lupe is saying because a lot of his stuff has double meanings which I really like

Countdown until F&L 2 comes out!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
alittle over 2 hours. gonna download the mp3 through amazon

if someone has me actually buying music, then you know its good

look at that, dalton likes chess poker and lupe. He's like the white, younger version of me

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Master Raven is so gud...

After losing him in rd 1 I felt no motive 2 play.

He is so ****ing gud...

:sonic:

:phone:

Shoutouts later...

Gud sheee South Fl 4 taking all the APEX points

Master Raven

Smash Master
awal, don't be discouraged. i lost in round 2 and made it all the way to 5th lol you just need to not give a **** when it comes to playing brawl

Mampam

Smash Ace
alittle over 2 hours. gonna download the mp3 through amazon

if someone has me actually buying music, then you know its good

look at that, dalton likes chess poker and lupe. He's like the white, younger version of me
ive never bought an album iml LOL, im actually kinda picky w/ songs

yeah, i do like when rap actually makes sense, i just dont think it HAS TO be on the radio

i love wayne just cause the stuff he says is so wtf, its entertaining

drake is actually a good rapper to me

2chainz's songs are just so bad theyre good xD

"Put his *** in a plastic bag with his trashy ***" <-- i always rotfl

but no line is funnier than

ok now

to my campaign

coupe the color of

pesticide

Smash Lord
@Mampam: ^I'm drunk and high at the same time, drinkin' champagne on an airplane

I like Chess, Poker and Lupe too actually rofl

I didn't know you guys played Chess. I'm down to play whenever.
o_O I never expected to meet people who played chess when I started playing brawl lol

Cool stuff :cool:

And the new G.O.O.D. Music album "Cruel" (the album with "Mercy" on it) just came out pretty recently. A few days ago i think? I havent had a chance to listen to much of it yet tho

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
dalton would body us all in chess currently.

if it were high school me, we would have some epic games

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Lil B is also so bad he's good. Still better than 2chainz though.

As corny as that line is, it's actually pretty clever. 2Chainz is legit in Mercy, don't know why he so bad in every other song.
Because Kanye West. lol

pesticide

Smash Lord
Pest, you're good at Chess? We should play sometime. I'm actually legit in the game lol
Yea I'm pretty good. Not trying to toot my own horn or brag but...

(Middle of screen where it shows the rankings)

I'm down to play anytime we see each other at a tourney again tho. I always enjoy playing new people

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
Yea I'm pretty good. Not trying to toot my own horn or brag but...

(Middle of screen where it shows the rankings)

I'm down to play anytime we see each other at a tourney again tho. I always enjoy playing new people
Chess>Brawl
/jealous

Top Bottom