• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
NO WAI GAIZ AYUM NOT A FANBOI SRSLY

...Anyway.

@Sundance: Battle Wounds = Best Thing I've Seen All Day. And Square-Enix showed off the first trailer for a totally original RPG today, so that's saying something.

Also keep up the little touches like Goku sticking his tongue out during Power Pole Poke. That's the kind of stuff that'll make that moveset perfect.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
MENDEZ! You'll back me up, yes? I'm no Midna fanboy, right? Right?! RIGHT!?!

And that's looking mighty fine, Sundance. Coming along very nicely.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Sundance: Looks really good so far. Glad to see that your adding like a paragraph of details now XP. Battle wound looks really awesome.

And for the next person to call me a tree gets a Burning Attack to the face. I'm a 15 year old that happens to be a nerd occastionally, but is really sarcastic in real life, and i'm a really great actor.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
this looks awesome, much better than the other movesets I've seen from you. I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. & may I add that I liked dragonball way better than dbz :p
Thanks, dude. I have spent more time on this moveset (which I am still working on the tilts) than all of my others COMBINED. I'm trying to not slack off/race through 'em.
@Sundance: Battle Wounds = Best Thing I've Seen All Day. And Square-Enix showed off the first trailer for a totally original RPG today, so that's saying something.

Also keep up the little touches like Goku sticking his tongue out during Power Pole Poke. That's the kind of stuff that'll make that moveset perfect.
Thanks, Tankra. Goku was really animated and awesome as a child and I'm trying to capture that in his moves.

And that's looking mighty fine, Sundance. Coming along very nicely.
Thanks!

@Sundance: Looks really good so far. Glad to see that your adding like a paragraph of details now XP. Battle wound looks really awesome.

And for the next person to call me a tree gets a Burning Attack to the face. I'm a 15 year old that happens to be a nerd occastionally, but is really sarcastic in real life, and i'm a really great actor.
1. Thanks, woot for paragraphs!

2. How's Trunks comming along? Can I haz preview?

3. I'm not falling for your tree mindgames!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
This Is Only A Preview >_>....

<He comes from the future to save the past. Future Trunks joins the Brawl!!!!!!>

*NOTE: All of the sprites make him look like he's super saiyan at the start. Well he's not. He will be in his regular purple haired form when he fights. Sorry for the possible confusion. Just imagine that Trunks is in regular form at the start*

~Description~
The first and most identified incarnation of the character that readers and viewers get to see would come to be known production wise as Future Trunks (未来のトランクス, Mirai no Torankusu?, Trunks of the Future). This incarnation first appeared in the manga chapter 331 Nazo no Shōnen (謎の少年, The Young Man of Mystery?) first published in Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine on July 15, 1991.[1] Here he is a mysterious seventeen year old who appears and singlehandedly kills Freeza and his father King Cold. Upon Goku's return from planet Namek in the following chapter, Trunks would confide with Goku and unknowingly to Piccolo (Due to his acute Namekkian hearing) his tragic story. As told in flashbacks in the anime series, the stand alone manga story Trunks za Sutōrī -Tatta Hitori no Senshi- (トランクスザストーリー -たったひとりの戦士-, Trunks the Story: The Only One Warrior?), and TV special Zetsubō e no Hankō!! Nokosareta Chō-Senshi • Gohan to Trunks (絶望への反抗!!残された超戦士・悟飯とトランクス, Resistance to Despair!! The Remaining Super-Warriors, Gohan and Trunks, History of Trunks outside of Japan?), Trunks had traveled from twenty years in the future where the world was in constant ruin due to the terror of the two artificial humans #17 and #18. By this time Goku had succumbed to an unknown heart virus and rest of the Z warriors, with the exception of Gohan, had fallen at the hands of artificial humans. Trunks, at the age of thirteen, was living with Future Bulma and secretly training with Future Gohan. After Gohan's inevitable death, Trunks would assume the mantel of earth sole protector against the artificial humans for the next three years. But even he would be no match for against them. Fortunately, Bulma had been working on a time machine that could help change history. Once he had informed Goku of the events to come, Trunks gives Goku a special vaccine and return to his own time. Trunks would return to help the present day Z warriors battle the artificial humans, in chapter 346 and episode 131. With appearance of Cell, Trunks would train with Vegeta in the "Room of Time and Mind". After Vegeta's defeat, Trunks would fight Cell in his newly gained Perfect state. But Trunks' 3rd Super Saiyan grade proved to be ineffective so he willfully concedes. He would participate in the Cell Games and be mortally wounded by Cell immediately following his ascension to "Beyond Perfection". Afterwards, he would return to his own timeline in the future and defeat the artificial humans and Cell within his time in chapters 419-420 and episodes 193. He would appear one more time in the ninth Dragon Ball Z film Ginga Giri-Giri!! Butchigiri no Sugoi Yatsu (銀河ギリギリ!!ぶっちぎりの凄い奴, Milky Way at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy, Bojack Unbound outside Japan?) to participate in the special Tenkaichi Budokai sponsored by Mr. X.S. Cash. Here he would unwillingly fight Bojack's henchman Gokua.

~Wii remote message~
"This is for Gohan!!!!"

~Stats~
Power: 6.5 (He's fairly powerful, but not too powerful. He's slightly weaker than Marth. Can pretty much Ko around at 100-150% damage)
Running Speed: 8 (Of course he's fast. He's a frigging Saiyan.)
Weight: 3 (Surprisingly on the light side. Weird considering Trunks has that sword with him.)
Falling Speed: 2 (He's a slow faller. So yeah.)
Attack speed: 5.5 (some of his attacks are fast, while others are slow.)
First Jump: 5 (Just simply ok here. He goes about as high as Zelda.)
Second Jump: 5 (The same as the previous one.)
Range: 6.5 (Above average. Some of Trunk's attacks can reach as far as Ike's, while others force you to get in close to hit.)
Wall Climb: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: no
Glide: no

~Entrance~
Trunks' time machine comes in to action, and he comes out from it, ready to fight.

~Animation~
Standard: He just poses, ready to fight (note that Trunks is not in Super Saiyan form at the start.)

Animation pose: He just occastionally pulls his sword out for a look at it and then puts it away.
Dodge: He sidesteps out of the way.
Roll dodge: He moves out of the way like Ike.
First jump: Trunks leaps in the air like a regular character.
Second jump: Trunks leaps into the air again.
Running: He charges straight in like this:

Shield: He puts his two arms in front of him to block. Looks like he's struggling a bit.

~B attacks~

----Standard B: Ki Charge----
Alright, this might sound complicated, but really, if you pay close attention, it's really not. If you press downwards B, Trunks will start having a yellow chi charge surrounding him while he says, "Hyyyyuuuhhhhh!!!!!" Holding it for about 2 seconds will charge up Trunks one Ki bar. Note that Trunks is vunarable to get hit no problem. You can be notified by how many Ki charges that Trunks has by seeing it listed on top of Trunk's damage counter. What can these Ki charges do if Trunks can charge up one you ask? Well.....

Ki charges are essential for Trunks to win matches. A couple of his attacks can have an extra boost or something else may happen if you do a certain attack. Not to mention, some of Trunk's attacks need at least one Ki charge just to be able to use it (for example, his smash attacks and a few of his aerials will be useless unless Trunks has a Ki charge ready.) Though most attacks only require one Ki charge, few require 2 Ki charges. It is essential that you keep on charging constantly.

Trunks, when he first begins the match, will start off with 3 Ki charges. You can do whatever you want with them, though i recommend you save up your Ki charges until.....say around at least 4-5. If you use Trunks' neutral special, Trunks can go into a transformation that gives Trunks a boost of power. There are more than one potential transformations that can give Trunks more power, but can continually drain Trunks' Ki energy, the longer you stay in the form.

The maximum of Ki charges you can go to is 7. You use them all up, you won't be able to charge for about 15 seconds. If Trunks happens to lose a stock, he'll lose one (and only one) of his charges. Use them wisely. There should be a pic below what Trunks is doing when the player presses yo use this attack:

----Downwards B: Transformation----
This works with the standard move "Ki charge." When the match starts, Trunks will obciously be in only his regular purple haired form. Trunks will have his body surrounded with light when he does this move. He will then release the light, after 1 second, and transform into a more powerful form. Trunks will be more stronger (how much is depending on his form), but will slowly have his Ki charges drained.

If Trunks does this move, when the light from Trunks body disappears, this can cause the opponent to flinch. Trunks must be in front of the opponent to make the opponent flinch with this move however. Use this move right in front of the opponent, so the opponent flinches, giving you a chance to fight in your more powerful form. There are 3 forms that Trunks can turn into:

Super Saiyan

An obvious must have in Trunks' transformations. When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "Goku ain't the only super saiyan here!!!" Trunks will get a 2% damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 8 seconds. Constantly keep on charging, and you should be fine. Trunks must be at least have 4 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 3.

Super Saiyan 2

The next level of the super saiyan transformation. When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "Come on!!!" Trunks will get a 3-4% (kinda random) damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 6 seconds. Constantly keep on charging, and you should be fine. Trunks must be at least have 5 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 4.

Super Saiyan Transcended

The next level of the super saiyan transformation (and Trunks' final transformation). When Trunks transforms, he'll say, "What you're about to see is my true power!!!" Trunks will get a 5-6% (kinda random) damage boost on all of his attacks. The longer that Trunks stays in this form, Trunks Ki charge will continue to decrease. It decreases at a speed of one loss of a Ki charge every 4 seconds. It's really difficult to charge Ki levels now. It requires 5 seconds for Trunks to charge 1 Ki level. Also, there is a price. Trunks' attacks now all have an extra bit of lag at the beginning and at the end. Not to mention, Trunks' size will grow a bit. You should only use this transformation if you need to easy damage rack or you're just plain crazy. Trunks must be at least have 6 Ki charges for Trunks to transform, but Trunks can stay in super saiyan as long as he wants unless the player cancels it by pressing the downwards B button again, or Trunks' Ki charges fall below 5.

----Side B: "Is this yours?" (requires 1 or 2 Ki charges) ----
There must be a projectile aimed at Trunks. If you press side B, Trunks will pose both his arms forward. If a projectile is aimed at Trunks while he is doing this pose, Trunks will catch the projectile. For about 2 seconds, Trunks will say, "Hey!!! Is this yours!? (note that Trunks has super armor while doing this.)" Trunks will then throws the projectile right back from where it came from. Note that the projectile that's being aimed at Trunks must be in front of him for him being able to reflect it. This doing so will cause Trunks to lose 1 Ki charge though. If you don't have even one Ki charge, well lets just say you get hit in the face, with 5% damage intended.

If a fully charged projectile is being aimed at Trunks when he does this move (EX, Link's fully charged arrow, Samus' fully charged shot and Lucario's fully charged aura sphere), it will cost 2 Ki charges instead of one. Note that you can make Trunks hold this pose for a long time, so that you can be sure when to use this move, but your Ki charges will slowly go down by 1 every 8 seconds (6 seconds if Trunks is in super saiyan, 5 seconds if Trunks is in super saiyan 2, and 2 if Trunks is in super saiyan trancended).

----Upwards B: Burning flight (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
Trunks will prepare himself by charging up a slight bit. This is a slight bit of lag at the beginning by the way. He will then charge in which ever direction you choose to point at, and take down anyone in his way. This move travels the distance of Fox's Up B recovery. Obviously, this can be used as a recovery if you point in the upwards direction. This attack can cause around 8% damage with ok knockback to the opponent. Trunks can go into a glide if you use this in the side direction, but cannot go into a glide if the player chooses to go upwards or downwards. This attack needs 1 Ki charge for this to work effectively to the fullest, but if you don't even have 1, this can still be used as a recovery move. The only difference is that it only goes about as far as Link's recovery move. Plus, it only does 5% damage and little knockback to the opponent if you don't have a Ki charge ready. Pretty bad.

~A Attacks~

----Standard A: Shoulder attack----
Trunks starts off his assault by hitting the opponent with his shoulder. It has the basic reach of an AAA combo and it's a pretty bad attack. It is a pretty fast attack however, with no lag at the end or the beginning. In order to hit, you must hit the opponent by Trunks' shoulder. It basically deal 3% damage with absolutely no knockback other than causing the opponent to flinch. The start of the AAA combo.

----AA: Uppercut----
Trunks will then continue the AAA combo with an uppercut punch attack. It also has the basic reach of an AAA combo, but it can reach above Trunks as well. It is also a very fast attack, with no lag at the beginning or at the end. The hitbox is pretty much in front of Trunks, but more in the upwards direction. It deals about 3% damage with very little knockback upwards (so the opponent is still near the ground, but their just above Trunks. The second hit of an AAA combo. A good move for damage racking.

----AAA: Smackdown----
Trunks will end the attack combo with his fist coming downwards to hit the opponent. It has the basic reach of an AAA combo attack as well (so you got to get in front of the opponent.) It has little to no lag at the beginning, but ends with a very slight bit though. The hitbox is pretty much in front of Trunks, so nothing special here. It deals around 3% damage, but instead of regular knockback at the end, it smacks the opponent to the ground, and the opponent is still right in front of Trunks, laying on the ground. A good AAA combo for damage racking, with the opponent laying defenseless on the ground......but the combo doesn't end here...

----AAAA: Blaster (requires 1 Ki charge) ----
After the AAA combo is finished, Trunks will push one of his arms forward. After that, multiple Ki blasts will come out of Trunks palm (5 to be exact), hitting anything that's in front of him. The Ki blasts go in random directions forward (though it only goes diagonally upwards forward, straight forward or downwards forward.) The Ki blasts are pretty small, and they only last around after they travel in a distance of 1/6 of Final Destination. This attack also comes out very quickly, but ends with a slight bit of lag at the end. Each Ki blasts does around 1% damage each, but absolutely no knockback whatsoever (not even flinching.) Obviously, if Trunks doesn't have even 1 Ki charge ready, Trunks cannot perform this move.

----Side Tilt: 2 slasher----
Trunks will bring out his sword for this move. He lets out 1 swing with his sword, and follows it up with another sword swing horizontally. The first slash pretty much has no lag at the beginning, but the second slash has a very small bit of lag at the beginning though. It ends with a slight bit of lag at the end at the second slash due to Trunks trying to put his sword back. The range is slightly better than average for a side tilt for both slashes (like only a slight bit better than Link’s side tilt range.) Each sword slash does around 4% damage each, but only the second slash has knockback at the end (it’s ok knockback though). Usefulness is questionable.

----Up Tilt: Trunks kicker----
Trunks will send his leg upwards to attack the opponent who’s above him. It looks like it covers everything above him. It has a bit of a startup lag at the beginning trying to get his leg up in the air, and ends with a bit of lag at the end trying to pull it back to the ground. It reaches better than average for an uptilt however (like only slightly better range than Link's up tilt). It can only effect opponents with him using his legs however. If it manages to hit, it can deal off 6% damage with ok knockback upwards. Considering that this is Trunks' rather most laggy tilt, i wouldn't recommend spamming this attack at all.

----Down Tilt: Downer slasher----

----Dash Attack: Teleportation (requires 1 Ki charge)----

~Smash Attacks~

----Side Smash: Buster Cannon (requires 1 Ki charge)----

----Up Smash: Finish Buster (requires 1 Ki charge)----

----Down Smash: Double buster (requires 1 Ki charge)----

~Aerials~

----Neutral: Epic slash----

----Forward: ----

----Backwards: ----

----Downwards: ----

----Upwards: ----

~Grabs~

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What happens if you have no Ki? Constantly needing to stop and charge to do basically any attack would get old quick...

Also if the Tenkaichi games are to be believed, his Up B should be called "Dragon Rush."

OTHER THAN THAT I WANT TO KNOW WHICH GAME THOSE SPRITES ARE FROM

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
What happens if you have no Ki? Constantly needing to stop and charge to do basically any attack would get old quick...
Well it is ONLY a preview. I'll probably make it that if Trunks has no Ki, he'll do the super cool animation, but instead of doing good damage, it'll probably do little to no damage, and no flinching. You got any suggestions Mendez?
Also if the Tenkaichi games are to be believed, his Up B should be called "Dragon Rush."
Meh.......i only played Budokais 1-2 and only a tiny bit of 3. And Legacy of Goku 2. So yeah, explain what that is again?

OTHER THAN THAT I WANT TO KNOW WHICH GAME THOSE SPRITES ARE FROM
I don't really know....i just got it from the Spriter's resource XP.

That's pretty good, TH. The whole Ki thing sounds like a cool idea, but might get a bit annoying...

BURNING ATTACK!
I know.....maybe i'll make there be an alternative way to charge up, by maybe after a certain number of attacks, you get a charge.

EDIT: I was looking up youtube videos for Trunks, and you might find this sad....in an emo way =(: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ZsEtSWm6Y

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
@TWILT and SundanceKid:

Both of your moveset previews look really good. TWILT's use of sprites throughout the descriptions really adds to the moveset, and Sundance's Battle Wounds idea is interesting. Even though I don't even watch DBZ or DB, both movesets entertained me and were easy to visualize. The Ki charges were also unique.

Pretty cool.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ZOMG, Mr. Tree Sagi Fanboy!! You used Ki in your moveset!! I used Chi (lolsamething) in Knuckle Joe's moveset!! We must have been brothers in a past life in which you were also a tree!!!

Seriously, the preview looks sweet.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
While putting the last touches on my Robotnik moveset, I would like you to look at this image:

This is perfectly legit!My Friend is called Michael George, but the E-mail always put the surname first LOL!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
TWILTHERO said:
You got any suggestions Mendez?
Just don't have all attacks require Ki Charges. Really, I think the idea's awesome, and fits Trunks like a glove, but...maybe limit it to just his Special Moves. Or just Specials and Smashes, but not EVERYTHING. :psycho:

And the Dragon Rushes in the Tenkaichi games (either of the Wii versions are the best DBZ games I've ever played. Miles better than the Budokai games--rent them or die) are just the high-speed burst of flight the characters do while surrounded by energy.

"Burning Flight" is a fine name. I'm just a stickler for details like that.

Hyper_Ridley said:
Wait... since when was Warlord a Smash Debator?
Since he asked for it?

I'm 99% sure that getting into the Debate Hall is as simple as requesting permission from your User CP. I've never asked, but as far as I know the mods basically let anyone who can spell correctly in until they start spamming/start posting their signature.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Just don't have all attacks require Ki Charges. Really, I think the idea's awesome, and fits Trunks like a glove, but...maybe limit it to just his Special Moves. Or just Specials and Smashes, but not EVERYTHING. :psycho:
Seconded. It'd be one thing if the ki just made the moves more powerful like my Cervy's soul steal, but you need it to use the bloody moves at all, so you should use the mechanic very sparingly.

Master Chef Mendez said:
And the Dragon Rushes in the Tenkaichi games (either of the Wii versions are the best DBZ games I've ever played. Miles better than the Budokai games--rent them or die) are just the high-speed burst of flight the characters do while surrounded by energy.
Budokai > Tenkaichi solely due to Hercule's "Present for you" ultimate move.

Master Chef Mendez said:
Since he asked for it?

I'm 99% sure that getting into the Debate Hall is as simple as requesting permission from your User CP. I've never asked, but as far as I know the mods basically let anyone who can spell correctly in until they start spamming/start posting their signature.
Yeah, all you have to do is ask. I even made a slight grammatical mistake in my request and they still let me in. Make sure you make it sound good, cause you can't edit it once you post it. . .

And the debate hall doesn't let you post your signature. It's not a rule, it's literally impossible.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Budokai > Tenkaichi solely due to Hercule's "Present for you" ultimate move.
That, along The Dynamic Mess Em' Up Punch, are in both the Wii games.

Really, I've never understood why some people like the regular Budokai games. 2D fighter =/= DBZ. Free-flying, fully-3D fighter = DBZ.

Plus Mercenary Tao's in the Tenkaichi games, and he absolutely (read: not at all) *****. :chuckle:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yeah, all you have to do is ask. I even made a slight grammatical mistake in my request and they still let me in. Make sure you make it sound good, cause you can't edit it once you post it. . .

And the debate hall doesn't let you post your signature. It's not a rule, it's literally impossible.
Meh. There's plenty of things I'd love to say in there, but I'd never be able to word it properly. I'll leave the serious debating to you guys.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Heh Tenkaichi three has both versions of Toa I believe. But seriously though Hercule was better in Budakais 1-3. In the first Budakai he was one of the best characters. And now, well, he has 0 hitstun except on charged attacks and has to spam his present special in order to save himself.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heh Tenkaichi three has both versions of Toa I believe. But seriously though Hercule was better in Budakais 1-3. In the first Budakai he was one of the best characters. And now, well, he has 0 hitstun except on charged attacks and has to spam his present special in order to save himself.
So Hercule's a Brawl character.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well most of those "characters" are just forms of characters. It counts every saiyan form for Goku as a seperate character even if he can turn into it mid-battle. At least the game is better than Burst Limit. BL is balanced but incredibly boring to play. It's a massive battle of who has the better timing on the counter button.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I thought Budokai were the 3D ones, guess I was wrong. Yeah, the 3D ones are the ones I like, that's the one with the Hercule ultimate move. Hercule is by far the best DBZ/DB character.

HERCULE FOR BRAWL!

And Hyper Ridley, the request I sent in was only a single sentence and even that had a grammatical mistake, so it's not exactly hard to send in a request. I almost hit the character limit of amount I could squeeze in there. It's not so much putting in an essay to get in as it is waiting for the next time the mods add in another group of debaters.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
IAnd Hyper Ridley, the request I sent in was only a single sentence and even that had a grammatical mistake, so it's not exactly hard to send in a request. I almost hit the character limit of amount I could squeeze in there. It's not so much putting in an essay to get in as it is waiting for the next time the mods add in another group of debaters.
It's not the request I'm worried about, it's the actual debates. I'd never feel comfortable with what I say in there unless I had about a million sources and examples to back up my claims.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Is there gonna be a Make Your Move 4? Because I came up with some stuff just the other day but far too late apparently. The Search function isn't working for me right now so if there's a Make Your Move 4 thread could someone direct me to it?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Is there gonna be a Make Your Move 4? Because I came up with some stuff just the other day but far too late apparently. The Search function isn't working for me right now so if there's a Make Your Move 4 thread could someone direct me to it?
You're too late for MYM3, and too early for MYM4. ^.^;

The good news is that the latter is almost here. It's starting next week, so stay tuned and you'll have no problem finding it at the top of the GBD.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I greatly preferred Tenkaichi to Budokai. Not only did the latter have much better gameplay that wasn't nearly as frustrating, it had waaay more characters. Saibaman = win. Even better: Yajirobe = win. I actually mained that guy (as much as you can main anyone in that game).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm happy to announce that Guntz now is really completely finished, including BB Codes, Link- and Image-Enbedding.

I have done this secretly in this thread, so noone actually will ever know how it looks like until the next MYM starts. x3

Also, Janga has recieved an eighth attack (in your face, MasterWarlord).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
And now, for more excitement in MYM, let's have a small preview!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

POPPY BROS. JR.

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – Pinwheel Spin – Poppy jumps forward, spinning like Mario does during his Down Taunt, damaging opponents as he goes. He covers a distance approximately equal to one-and-a-half Battlefield platforms. He’s barely above the ground as he goes, so you can’t duck under him. Poppy does 15% damage and moderate backward knockback (yes, it hits them straight behind him) if he hits anyone, and the damage is not affected by charging. So why charge the move? Because it make him go faster! Completely uncharged, Poppy takes about two seconds to complete the move, and has pretty bad priority. Fully charged, however, he takes only about half a second, and has much better priority. There’s not much startup lag, but the ending lag on this move is something to probably be aware of. Poppy catches his balance for almost half a second at the move’s end, so it’s a tad bit punishable.
[15%]

Up Smash – Rocket Bomb – Poppy throws a bomb upward that explodes once it reaches its peak height. The height is determined by the charge, similar to Snake’s Up Smash. Unlike Snake’s, recall that the bomb explodes at peak height, so it will not fall back down, and will not explode on any opponents it strikes on the way up. If it does hit an opponent on the way up, it has a slight upward knockback, and also deals 2% damage. The bomb goes at a speed similar to Snake’s Up Smash, and the charge-to-height ratio is very similar as well. The explosion has about half the radius of a Smart Bomb explosion, and does 14% damage, with decent knockback, directly away from the center of the explosion. Poppy suffers slight lag at the beginning of this move as he pulls a bomb out, but almost none at the end, allowing for the possibility to combo.
[2% + 14%]

Down Smash – Bomb Party – Poppy sets bombs all around him that explode when the button is released. The longer you charge, the more bombs he places, which does not increase damage, but increases the blast radius of the party, giving this Down Smash some serious range. This move has a longer charging time than most, only reaching full charge after five seconds of holding down the button. At the beginning of every second, Poppy places another bomb in the heap surrounding him. The bombs will go off at the end of the second that you release the button. For example, releasing the button at the beginning of the third second will not stop Poppy from placing the third bomb and waiting until the end of the third second to detonate. Poppy ducks down and covers his head when you release the button, signaling that the bombs will now go off. The blast radius increases at even intervals, from one bomb having about the blast radius of a Bob-omb, to five bombs having a blast radius slightly larger than that of a Smart Bomb explosion. Anyone caught in the blast is dealt 15% damage, with pretty good knockback away from the center of the explosion. Poppy is slightly stunned after such a massive explosion, so he suffers a moderate ending lag as he hops to his feet and shakes it off.
[15%]

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Woo, that's pretty awesome, Kibble! You also have improved your detail extremely - as I did. :bee:

Can't wait to see the full moveset, it'll be insanely huge, right? 4-in-1... jeez. XD

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Very cool, Kibble! Bomb Party especially is really neat, although maybe even too good; while they're recovering, you can just sit on the ledge and prepare a batch of bombs to get them just as they get to the ledge, can't you? Still, very interesting and fun.

Pinwheel Spin has huuuge range. In fact, all of these have really good range. I suppose that's to be expected, since Poppy is the Range/Speed character, but you really do have to be careful that none of his attacks pack too much of a punch.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Okay, but only like 2 of the smash attacks, the extra AAAA (that's 4 A's), and like 1 aerial will need it. Is that too much attacks that need Ki though?
Meh.....i might get the latest one, but i'll probably prefer the original Budokai games.

*is crazy*

EDIT: @ SirdawgfoodKibble: Looks really cool. Really interesting to read. Hope to see the rest.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
The detail is extremely good, and the moveset is interesting to read. I have an easy time visualizing stuff, too. Pretty good-looking, Kibble. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom