• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thanks for the compliments / commentary, everyone!

Very cool, Kibble! Bomb Party especially is really neat, although maybe even too good; while they're recovering, you can just sit on the ledge and prepare a batch of bombs to get them just as they get to the ledge, can't you? Still, very interesting and fun.
Ooh... Nice catch... Thanks. I'll remedy that. Say the explosion won't pass through any platform that's not a pass-through. That way, it won't reach below the ledge.

Pinwheel Spin has huuuge range. In fact, all of these have really good range. I suppose that's to be expected, since Poppy is the Range/Speed character, but you really do have to be careful that none of his attacks pack too much of a punch.
Well, these are his Smash Attacks, so...they're pretty much the only ones that pack any punch! :bee:

Seriously, aside from what you see here, he's got maybe 1 or 2 potential KO moves. I used his Smash Attacks to make him actually able to KO. Bomb Party's really his big one. This is about as high as his damage gets, too, with the exception of his Down Special and Final Smash.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Thank ye. I was hoping somebody would comment on that, as I was quite proud of it myself. He only increases speed, priority, and/or range by charging. :)

And as suggested, I'll tone down the power there a bit.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Henry Townshend Preview​

Side Smash: Bury The Hatchet- Henry pulls his axe back behind his head, takes about two steps forward and then swings it downward, fiercely smashing away any foes caught in the swipe. (15% uncharged, 24% charged)

Notes: Easily Henry’s most powerful smash attack and his best KO move, Henry’s side smash has a considerable amount of start up lag. While laggy, this move does give Henry super armor once he begins taking his steps forward up until he swings. This move has incredibly good range considering he also steps into the attack and, when charged can KO most even at low percents. Ending lag also effects this move however, and Henry can easily be punished if you miss, proper spacing is a must in order to avoid this.

Up Smash: Shocking Results- Henry pulls out his stun gun and jabs into the air above him. Any foe hit by this attack enters a stunned state similar to being hit by Zero Suit Samus’ neutral B attack. The longer the smash is held for, the longer the opponent is stunned for, however hitting the foe with repeated up smashes will not stack the stunning. (10% uncharged, 18% charged)

Notes: Henry’s up smash has a surprisingly large hit box that also hits opponents directly in front of him (as he swings it from thigh level, to a bit in front of him to directly above him) meaning that he can stun opponents directly before him as well as above him. This can be used to set up for either an aerial attack or a forward smash if you stun them when they’re in front of Henry, but chances are they’ll have shaken off the paralysis by the time the move’s animation has finished. The actual range of this attack is about that of his side tilt in both the forward and upward directions.

Down Smash: Let There Be Light- Henry sets down a Holy Candle which sends of a small burst of spiritual energy to either side of Henry. This move can also nullify projectile attacks if they hit the burst of spirit energy right after Henry sets it down. (12% uncharged, 19% charged)

Notes: This move has about half a second of start up lag and takes about two seconds for the candle to disappear meaning that it can’t be spammed. Has a surprisingly large hitbox that increases if the move is charged; if charged to maximum, the energy “shield,” if you will goes about as high as the top of Henry’s head. The period of time in which a projectile can be nullified by the energy blast is approximately a second and a half after the candle is set down, so until the energy waves have physically disappeared.

My preview of my Henry Townshend (Silent Hill 4) moveset...anyone want to give me some advice or tell me what they think? Personally I think I may have gone a bit overboard on the detail to the point that it's long winded...any feedback would obviously be much appreciated : )

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Looks good to me, MT! That's about the perfect amount of detail, as far as I'm concerned! The moveset sounds interesting, too. :)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Thanks SirK, I was trying to go for that middle ground between too long winded and too skimpy...I hope I hit it!

And yeah, this moveset should be pretty interesting...Silent Hill 4 is one of my favorite games in the Silent Hill series which is (apparently) weird because most everyone hates it compared to the other ones...

I also checked out your preview, it's looking pretty good to me...although I AM fairly curious about what the Final Smash will be...

If you decide to add a boss for that moveset I'd suggest
Wham Bam Rock/Jewel.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
I myself find it daunting when there's too much detail, so that seems like a good amount of detail right there, MT.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Silent Hill 4 is one of my favorite games in the Silent Hill series which is (apparently) weird because most everyone hates it compared to the other ones...
SH4 is the one with the single room that leads elsewhere, right? Yeah...

...Not as good as number two. Nothing is. I think the real reason people didn't like it so much was simply because it would take a truly legendary feat of design work to make a horror game better than Silent Hill 2.

THE GOOD NEWS

...Is that the preview looks great. The solid blue is kind of hard to see against the default background (not half as bad as Light & Ryuk's original colors, but still--it's vaguely distracting).

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
Lighter blue is better, although you forgot to change the title.

On a completely unrelated note, i have started working on an OC, so far all i have written is the backstory, but does anyone want to see that?

EDIT: Ah, now it's red light blue also.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Lighter blue is better, although you forgot to change the title.

On a completely unrelated note, i have started working on an OC, so far all i have written is the backstory, but does anyone want to see that?
What do you mean...? >_>...I changed it...*glances around suspiciously*

And sure, let's see your OC...OC's tend to be some of my favorites as they can be limitless compared to the strict guidlines of a premade character...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I also checked out your preview, it's looking pretty good to me...although I AM fairly curious about what the Final Smash will be...
His Final Smash is awesome! At least, I find it awesome. Trust me, it's epic. I'd slap it up here, in spoiler tags, but... Hmm... I don't know if I want to reveal too much... It's actually a bit long, though, because it's a tad complicated. If you want to know the general idea...

Poppy swells up like a ball and can roll and bounce around. Aside from movement, you have two basic controls: You can make him swell bigger (which makes him more dangerous, but also less mobile) or you can make him explode!

'Tis fun stuff! :)

If you decide to add a boss for that moveset I'd suggest
Wham Bam Rock/Jewel.
I wasn't probably going to do a boss, but if I did, I think it would probably have to be
Kabula.

I myself find it daunting when there's too much detail, so that seems like a good amount of detail right there, MT.
[DauntingReply]WHAT?! Too much detail?! There can hath never could have been such an thing!! Guards!! Seize this traitor![/DauntingReply]

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
There can hath never could have been such an thing!!
Nice grammar.

So here is the preview of the backstory of: The Pensfan!!

That's right, it's kind of a self-insert. Anyway:

The Pensfan is just what it sounds like: a fan that walks around with two pens! This fan and pens combo came to be in a factory for a futuristic Wal-mart type store. It was producing fans and pens in huge quantities. A worker, living alone and in need of some company stole a fan and two pens. He used the factory's advanced computers to imbue the fan and pens with advanced AI. Unfortunately, the company found out and, afraid other employees would follow his lead, had the worker "taken care of." However, the Pensfan escaped, and has been looking for a place to fit in ever since. It saw the Smash universe and decided if giant flying gumballs could fight, why not a robot fan and two robot pens?

Imagine the pens standing on the back of a fan. One of the small ones. Bigger than a hand fan, but smaller than a floor fan. I would post the pic, but its page stretchy.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Nay.

Can't stand that guy. I don't even know why.

EDUT - HOLY MOLEY THAT'S THE COOLEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL DAY

...I'm so glad to see an OC that's just completely off-the-wall, and less serious fantasy whatnot. Will definitely be following that. :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
For MYM4, expect this from me:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.,-;//;:=,
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :H@@@MM@M#H/.,+%;,
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo,/X+ +M@@M@MM%=,-%HMMM@X/,
oooooooooooooooooooooooo-+@MM; $M@@MH+-,;XMMMM@MMMM@+-
ooooooooooooooooooooooo;@M@@M- XM@X;. -+XXXXXHHH@M@M#@/.
oooooooooooooooooooooo,%MM@@MH ,@%=ooooooooooo.---+-+:+,.
oooooooooooooooooooooo=@#@@@MX .,oooooooooooooo-%HM$$%%%+;
ooooooooooooooooooooo=-./@M@M$oooooooooooooooooo.;@MMMM@MM:
oooooooooooooooooooooX@/ -$MM/oooooooooooooooooooo.+MM@@@M$
oooooooooooooooooooo,@M@H; :@:oooooooooooooooooooo. -X#@@@@-
oooooooooooooooooooo,@@@MMX, .oooooooooooooooooooo/H- ;@M@M-
oooooooooooooooooooo.H@@@@M@+,oooooooooooooooooooo%MM+..%#$.
ooooooooooooooooooooo/MMMM@MMH/.ooooooooooooooooooXM@MH; -;
oooooooooooooooooooooo/%+%$XHH@$=oooooooooooooo, .H@@@@MX,
oooooooooooooooooooooo.=--------.ooooooooooo-%H. ,@@@@@MX,
ooooooooooooooooooooooo.%MM@@@HHHXX$$$%+- .:$MMX =M@@MM%.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo=XMMM@MM@MM#H;,-+HMM@M+ /MMMX=
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=%@M@M#@$-.=$@MM@@@M; %M%=
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,:+$+-,/H#MMMMMMM@= =,
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=++%%%%+/:-.

Only a few people probably recognize that symbol.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
For MYM4, expect this from me:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.,-;//;:=,
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :H@@@MM@M#H/.,+%;,
oooooooooooooooooooooooooo,/X+ +M@@M@MM%=,-%HMMM@X/,
oooooooooooooooooooooooo-+@MM; $M@@MH+-,;XMMMM@MMMM@+-
ooooooooooooooooooooooo;@M@@M- XM@X;. -+XXXXXHHH@M@M#@/.
oooooooooooooooooooooo,%MM@@MH ,@%=ooooooooooo.---+-+:+,.
oooooooooooooooooooooo=@#@@@MX .,oooooooooooooo-%HM$$%%%+;
ooooooooooooooooooooo=-./@M@M$oooooooooooooooooo.;@MMMM@MM:
oooooooooooooooooooooX@/ -$MM/oooooooooooooooooooo.+MM@@@M$
oooooooooooooooooooo,@M@H; :@:oooooooooooooooooooo. -X#@@@@-
oooooooooooooooooooo,@@@MMX, .oooooooooooooooooooo/H- ;@M@M-
oooooooooooooooooooo.H@@@@M@+,oooooooooooooooooooo%MM+..%#$.
ooooooooooooooooooooo/MMMM@MMH/.ooooooooooooooooooXM@MH; -;
oooooooooooooooooooooo/%+%$XHH@$=oooooooooooooo, .H@@@@MX,
oooooooooooooooooooooo.=--------.ooooooooooo-%H. ,@@@@@MX,
ooooooooooooooooooooooo.%MM@@@HHHXX$$$%+- .:$MMX =M@@MM%.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo=XMMM@MM@MM#H;,-+HMM@M+ /MMMX=
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=%@M@M#@$-.=$@MM@@@M; %M%=
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,:+$+-,/H#MMMMMMM@= =,
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo=++%%%%+/:-.

Only a few people probably recognize that symbol.
Sonic? I can't tell/don't accurately recall. :/

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Yay, As you all know Dr. Robotnik is offically finished, and I've started on Tails Doll, this is what I've got off it show far:

Notes:
Tails Doll also floats above the ground when he stands still or moves

Tails Doll is the King of DI, Tails Doll makes Wario and Jigglypuffs DI look pathetic.

No Curse Enhancer Stats::
Power: 3.5/10
Walking Speed: 4.3/10
Dash speed: 6.7/10
Range: 5.6/10
Projectile distance: 6.4/10
Weight: 1.5/10
Drop Speed: 2.7/10
Size: 6.5/10
1st jump: 4.5/10
2nd Jump: 4.6/10
Aerial Movement: OVER 9000/10 really, one full jump can cross 8’5 stage builder blocks, this makes Warios aerial movement look pathetic.
Crouch: 5.6/10
Traction: 6.4/10
Combo: 7.4/10
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: yes
Crawling: no
Glide: no

Level 5 Curse Enhancer Stats::
Power: 7.8/10
Walking Speed: 4.3/10
Dash speed: 6.7/10
Range: 9.4/10
Projectile distance: 8.7/10
Weight: 1.5/10
Drop Speed: 2.7/10
Size: 6.5/10
1st jump: 4.5/10
2nd Jump: 4.6/10
Aerial Movement: OVER 9000/10
Crouch: 5.6/10
Traction: 6.4/10
Combo: 7.9/10
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: yes
Crawling: no
Glide: no

Down B: CuRsE Enhancer:
Apperance/animation: as Tails Doll uses this move, Tails Doll crouches down slowly and lowers its arm down as well, and as it is going down, Tails Doll closes its eyes for a very short amount of time, and when Tails Doll opens its eyes, it stands straight up, and lifts its arm up as far into the sky without stretching its arm. When Tails Doll does this, a big (about 1.3 times bigger than Tails Doll), black wall which can be seen having lighting bolts going around inside the dark wall, and if you listen closely, you can hear lighting bolts noises coming from the dark wall.
Stats/Effects: What this move does, is that if ANY move, including projectiles, melee attacks etc, can be absorbed. When this happens, you see a bit of the dark wall spread back into Tails Doll arms/head. And what this does, is that there are 5 levels of curse power, which are described below (like how much times do have to absorb a move to go to the next level {you always start at 0}, and how the level is generally like), and with each level making certain moves stronger at which level the curse is, this could be that a move has less lag than before, the range of a move is longer, a move can kill you easier etc. The information underneath this text shows how the level goes up to the next stage. The features stay or improve with each level upgrade. This has very little start-up and ending lag, and you can hold it for an maximum of 2.3 seconds. You can tell

A projectile makes the level experience goes up by 0.5.
A weak attack makes the level experience go up by 0.7.
A smash attack makes the level experience go up by 0.9.
A fully charged smash attack makes the level experience go up by 1.3.
An aerial attack makes the level experience go up by 0.8.

Level 1 Curse: The total level experience you need to have to get to this level is 1.7. The general idea this level of curse does is add the darkness effect on to more non-attribute moves, and also slightly increase the damage and knockback of certain moves. The improvement isn’t very drastic, and some moves still have their previous weaknesses. (You can tell this is level one is that the wrists on Tails Doll arms have darkness coming from them)

Level 2 Curse:The total level experience you need to have to get to this level is 3.2 (1.5 from the last level of curse). The general idea of what this level of curse consists of is that it some moves become quicker, so that the moves come out quicker, and have lesser ending lag or landing lag, also the range of some moves increases a bit as well. Since some moves have less lag and more range, this means that Tails Doll can combo easier than before since of the more range and less lag. (You can tell this is level two is that the wrists on Tails Doll arms have more darkness coming from them than before, and the speed it comes out from the wrists has increased)

Level 3 Curse: The total level experience you need to have to get to this level is 4.5 (1.3 from the last level of curse again). The general idea of what this level of curse consists of is that a few moves have an different effect now, like doing constructive hits rather than just one, or vice versa. Some moves are totally different now because of the curse level. And also more moves have more damage and knockback, and also more less lag on the moves. Since the moves are stronger and have less lag, it becomes easier to combo into other moves, and since some moves has changed completely, it changes the way Tails Doll works, making him unpredictable. (You can tell this is level three is that the darkness has gone up to Tails Dolls elbow now, and going at the same speed as level two)

Level 4 Curse: The total level experience you need to have to get to this level is 6.1 (1.6 from the last level of curse). The general idea of what this level of curse consists of the range has massively increased, so that some moves have disjointed hit-boxes, and a few moves now have a sweet-spot in it (most of the time the sweet-spot is in the darkness which appears), which are very strong. This means that you can attack further away than before, which also means you can’t get hit where your standing, spacing with this level of curse is crucial. (You can tell this is level four is that the arms on Tails Doll arms are completely covered in darkness)

Level 5 Curse: The total level experience you need to have to get to this level is 8.2 (2.1 from the last level of curse). The general idea of what this level of curse consists of is that more moves can pack more of a punch in damage and knockback, and have lesser start-up lag, but since Tails Doll has become quite strong, he has gained more ending and landing lag, but since it still has great range, spacing is more useful now because of the ending lag. (You can tell this is level five is that including levels four darkness, the eyes and the back of Tails Doll head has darkness coming up from behind, in the shape of a flame)
What's it uses?:This move should be your most used move for Tails Doll, as the Doll can become the ultimate fighter with the power-ups he get. Although it’s very, let me say it again, VERY hard to keep track off, but if you can keep track off it, your opponent should be worried, as these power-ups can create nasty mind games, with its monstrous range, and when the moves change, it might screw up your opponents game, and the player controlling Tails Dolls game. If you don’t use this move, Tails Doll will be very weak in strength, range etc. This move is a must essential to every Tails Doll player.

D-air: Downward Clap
Appearance/animation:As Tails Doll is in the air, Tails doll looks down towards the ground with his body tilted up a bit. Tails Doll spreads its arms wingspread, and then Tails Doll then claps its 2 hands downwards towards the ground. When Tails Doll claps his hands, you see a bit of darkness erupt from the hands.
Stats/effects/extra details: This move has a sweet-spot, which is when the darkness erupts from the hands, you can get hit by Tails Doll arms as well. The hit-box lasts from when Tails Doll is just before when the 2 hands clap together, to when the hands actually clap. The range of this is pretty poor; the opponent has to be close to be hurt by this. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, and also some ending and landing lag. If your opponent gets hit by the sweet-spot, this does 11% and mid-low knockback, which sends the foe about 80 degrees upwards. If your opponent doesn’t get hit by the sweet-spot, this does 7% and low knockback, which sends the opponent about 70 degrees upwards.
What's it uses?:If you do this while doing a moving full jump, you should be able to combo this move into another D-air, or a different aerial, but if you don’t do a moving full jump, its likely that you will get slammed down by the landing lag, which is highly punishable.

Level 4 Curse bonus:
The range of this move increases largely, when you use this move, you can be about 4 stage builder blocks going downwards, which is a great for Tails Doll, as when he could get hit by an aerial at around 80%, it could die easily, so he can use this move to get the opponent away from him if they are below him. The hit-box also increases by loads, but it’s a bit harder to hit the sweet-spot, due to the range of the arms being longer. If your opponent gets hit by the sweet-spot, this does 15%, and mid knockback, touching on mid-high knockback, which sends the enemy 80 degrees upwards. If your opponent doesn’t get hit by the sweet-spot, this does 11% and mid-low knockback, which sends the enemy about 50 degrees upwards.

EDIT: Eeck, Tails Dolls down-b and Neutral B makes up a total of 1,896 words altogether, man this is looking like it's going to be detailed quite a lot.

What You think of it, I would love to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom