• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight- *The Official Thread*

Smady

Smash Master
Yeah... It's a fine moveset so far. I love all of Sakurai's own designs, he knows exactly how to implement them into Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
you know, that tornado attack WOULD make an awesome final smash. I mean, mario shoots a huge dual-stream of fire, link shoots the triforce, metaknight can shoot a tornado out of his sword.

Smady

Smash Master
I think it's moving on it's own for Link's sake, Link doesn't have control over it. I dunno. You could be right, but the idea of anyone shooting a holy relic is mind boggling. :psycho:

majora_787

Smash Hero
*coughgoldenguncough*
anyway, Metaknight using that tornado attack seems to be the best possibility for a final smash. unless they have the halberd come down and hit the arena head on.

Smady

Smash Master
I'd rather have something more full-hardy like a combination of slashes and stuff like I suggested. Seems more Metaknighty.

Smady

Smash Master
Overall User Rankings

Welcome to the User Rankings! Every Monday, I'll be compiling the entire of the last week's activity in the thread and showing off, just who is the most active member? The point of this exercise is to recognise the most dedicated among us – those make your movers who are currently pushing the boundaries, as well as highlighting all movesets made by them.

To get on this list, you need to have made a moveset in this or a previous Make Your Move, as well as having posted in the Make Your Move 11 thread. The cut-off point for tallying is 3:59PM on Sunday EST, 5:59PM PMT or 11:59PM GMT; other removals or changes are at my own discretion. The breakdown of points is as follows:
30 points for a Moveset
5 points for a Comment
4 points for a Secondary Submission
2 points for a Secondary Submission Comment
1 point for a Regular Post
+Regular Posts do not stack
+Secondary Submissions are MYminis, Joke Movesets and other miscellaneous submissions
Week #1
Week #2
Week #3
Week #4
Week #5
Week #6
Week #7
Week #8
Week #9
Week #10
Week #11
Week #12
Week #13
Week #14
Week #15
Week #16
Week #17
Week #18
Week #19
Week #20

Points: 961, Movesets: Agiri, Fibrizo, Yutaka, Kirika, Medusa Gorgon, Cherry, Luxord, Keroro Platoon, Sakurako & Himawari, Oogie Boogie, Jeanne D'Arc, Emi Ibarazaki

Points: 612, Movesets: Smot, Manfred Von Karma, Wizard Bowser, Ameno-sagiri

Points: 532, Movesets: The Necromancer, Zasalamel, Garbage Man, The Prospector, Manfred Von Karma, Black Hole Bowser, Tubba Blubba

Points: 527, Movesets: The Coachman, Xigbar, Xemnas, Star-Lord, Rin Tezuka

Points: 520, Movesets: Doc Scratch, Elsa Maria, Grim Poppet, Dark Falz, Chakravartin

Points: 465, Movesets: Scizor, Night's End Sorcerer, Zombie Master, Demyx, Rattata, Two-Headed King Rex, Alice Margatroid

Points: 361, Movesets: Amps, Chantique, Kang, Veran, Angel, Paper Man, Sphinx Bowser, Nova, Galvantula, Isamu

Points: 329, Movesets: Dry Bones, Kirby Enemy Team, Billy Hatcher, Larxene, Cap'n Bowser, Etranger, Fuka, Old Man Geo

Points: 321, Movesets: Gardevoir, Tropius, Zexion, Laxaeus, Xaldin, Ampharos, Cryogonal, Chandelure, Winnie the Pooh

Points: 283, Movesets: Karkat, Terezi, Tempura Wizard, Count Bleck, Phantoon, Sovereign Slayer, Phaedra, Basaran

Points: 271, Movesets: Angel, Gray Fullbuster, Quote, Khamsin Nbh'w, Wilhelmina

Points: 248, Movesets: Captain Hook, Once-Ler, Iron Tail, Bowser the Brash, G-Man, The Engineer

Points: 178, Movesets: Black Puddle Queen, Roxas, Axel, Vexen

Points: 159, Movesets: Professor Ratigan, Gooper Blooper, Jarvis

Points: 139, Movesets: The Weird Rider, Bouldergeist, Red Tornado

Smady

Smash Master
They look a bit too static. As in, Metaknight slashes it around his head without moving the rest of his body. In the games he's more active.

pillz

Smash Rookie
i think that he will be sweet at juggling ppl in the air for constant dmg. but if he doesnt have any type of range dmg, then i wont pic him up. I started w/ Doc Mario and then piced up Falco and Link, all b/c they can do range dmg and up-close :). but i do like the fact that he can fly. also, i think he WILL be another jigglypuff w/ a permanent(sp) beam sword. :(

majora_787

Smash Hero
I doubt it. Jigglypuff was an all new form of weakling. He couldn't break a shield without going flying 10,000 meters. He'll be more like kirby, deffinatly.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
No, by new Jigglypuff, he means a new WoP (Wall of Pain) user. And like I said before, the last thing we need in Brawl is a broken Jedi-puff that has no lag...

I mean, don't get me wrong. Meta-Knight will be a great addition to Brawl. It's just that in his current state, he'll be broken (or near it...)

~ Crusader

Smady

Smash Master
Don't diss on the 'Puff. She's one of the most versatile characters, even if her learning curve is steep. It doesn't matter, Metaknight will be nothing like 'Puff. He'll end up like a mixture between Marth and Kirby.

NukeA6

Smash Master
*coughgoldenguncough*
anyway, Metaknight using that tornado attack seems to be the best possibility for a final smash. unless they have the halberd come down and hit the arena head on.
Yeah. Just make it thicker, throw in some eyecandy, and there we go.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
bumping this thread back to page one cause metaknight deserves better, especially since he hasn't been shown on the site that much.

Metaknight FTW
I'm seeing Meta Knight in Screenshots, but no Profile yet...

I wonder whn they're finally going to get to it...

the grim lizard

Smash Master

Desruprot

Smash Lord
MetaKnight is looking cool, honestly I have only watched him in Right Back at Ya! But I am a fan of one so chivarlous, I view him similar to myself (except for the small and ball shaped [lol])

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
WHAT?! You mean to tell me you've only seen Meta Knight through 4Kids crappy version of the Kirby anime?!

Then you don't know the TRUE Meta Knight!

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
@ Pieman,

actually, the super tornado HAS been used by Metaknight (not dark metaknight) in kirby superstar for SNES.....(I posted a link to a 30 second video of it somewhere in this thread.....somewhere) so, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it returns as his Baco---Final Smash :p

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It would be funny if Kirby couldn't suck in MK...
Wouldn't that be a nasty surprise for kirby mains?

I can imagine in some far off time (coughcoughDecember14thorsocough) where someone is playing as Kirby and tries to suck in the knight...

Kirby: (generic inhalation noises)
Meta-Knight:...
Kirby: Puyo?
Meta-Knight: Nope, still no dice, bye. (SLASHFSENDGAME)
GAME SET!

yeah, pretty much

Meta-Knight FTW

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Well well its apparent u know nothing about Kirby, or that the makers of Kirby make Smash.
But anyways Metaknight iz gonna rule, and u can quote me when I say Kirby is probably gonna be as good as he was on tha first Smash.
So.... get ready to get beat by Metaknight.
God i hope so. It was painfull to see kirby suck so much.
And isn't meta knight a kirby? i remember in superstar you knock off his mask for a sec before he vanishes and he looks like one.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for a Kirby update of any sort next week. Metaknight's Halberd Music,some of his moveset, and agaisnt all odds his final smash.

I really need to replay though Metaknight's level for Kirby's Superstar, so I have more of an idea of what moves he may have.

GenG

Smash Lord
A lot of A attacks seen in the trailers are straight from Nightmare in Dreamland's Metaknight mode.

Top Bottom