• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Kabal's weapons<3

Who do you guys think is the worst character? Kratos aside, of course.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Sheeva and Jax are pretty bad imo...
Whaaaaat. Why do you think Jax pretty bad? I think his biggest problem is dealing with zoners with fast horizontal projectiles. Jumping can only get you so far.

Also, has anyone played super-casual mode Test your Luck? That **** can either be very fun, very stupid, or very boring.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am really enjoying the story mode. It's not an awful story, and really reminds me of the older games in both story (obviously) and gameplay.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, a fighting game with a good story is so rare. MvC3 was supposed to have a story....dunno what happened to that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tekken vs SF seems to have a story. But yeah, MKs story is pretty nice. Just some stuff that kinda stood out and didn't make sense for me >_>

Rikana

Smash Champion
It would make a lot of sense if Jax gets invincibility frames on his dash punch. He can find a way to get in and avoid projectiles. I think this would really push him far.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm learning, jade and ermac at the moment. I'm thinking about picking up Mileena and Noob after I learn the first two really well. Jade has nice range and anti projectile game, and ermac is just all around pretty good. Almost all his strings lead to force lift lol.

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Whaaaaat. Why do you think Jax pretty bad? I think his biggest problem is dealing with zoners with fast horizontal projectiles. Jumping can only get you so far.

Also, has anyone played super-casual mode Test your Luck? That **** can either be very fun, very stupid, or very boring.
I heard from an MK Vet that this Jax is just UMK3 Jax (who wasn't very good either) without a lot of his mobility. He's slow as **** and I can't see him doing much.

Tekken vs SF seems to have a story. But yeah, MKs story is pretty nice. Just some stuff that kinda stood out and didn't make sense for me >_>
I think you mean SFxTekken cuz I don't think anything has been said about TvSF yet.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yar, Ermac can be a lot of fun XD. I like Noob too. Even if his name is luzly

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ I still don't know what you're getting at what's the big deal between the distinction of Tekken vs SF and SFxTekken.

Unless you're talking about Namco x Capcom

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
^ I still don't know what you're getting at what's the big deal between the distinction of Tekken vs SF and SFxTekken.

Unless you're talking about Namco x Capcom
They're just different. I'm just sayin you can't say "oh it's the same thing because they're a clash of series". That's like saying CvS and SFxT are the same, actually, they're more alike than SFxT and TvSF.

And the big difference is the fact that one's 2D and one's 3D, that's a HUGE distiction. HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

edit: The only reason I want it to be distict is because I don't want people getting them confused.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh okay, I see now. They are two different games. Got it. I thought you were just getting irked over me just not labeling the game correctly.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well now I'm just perplexed at why there's a Tekken v SF and a SF v Tekken...and both are slated to come out a year between each other o_O...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Capcom and Namco are treating it like a competition to see how well they can fit each others characters in their respected engines. Idk why they're so far apart. I think they're both coming out next year though.

kr3wman

Smash Master
How does one beat Shao Khan the first time in story mode? This guy is brutal.
full screen low fireballs, time them so spears go over you as you shoot them.

second time you can just stay full screen until he throws a projectile and teleport behind him, free combo.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I do not own a ps3 but I play this game at my friends house.
This game is really fun actually compared to your average fighting game.
Every charackter is unique and has it own set of moves.

I feel like SUB-ZERO has a lot of ( easy ) combo potential since he can freeze someone, dash into him again and move on with the combo.

RAIDEN his teleport is too fast and air kick + lighting fly in the air ( dont know the name of that move ) is ****.
Enchanced lighting bolt is too good as well

I tried to play SHANG SHUNG but i feel like he is the most difficult char to master in the game. However. If you are able to play him on a high level you will wreck stuff. He gets a damage boost when transforming into an other char.
His projectiles are so clumsy o-0

SEKTOR woow this robot is slow paced at not as good as i expected. Homing missle to grab is perfect though lol

CYRAX the better robot . Feels like a top charackter , and the hitbox on those grenades are too big. His net hitbox is huge too. The green net thingy.

KUNG LAO. Has a 1 frame shine. Just like fox ^^

NIGHTWOLF. My main charackter. His lighting is unblockable and you can do a lot of combos with axe->everything. ( example easy: axe,axe,uppercut ) Lighting afterwards since they will probly block.

REPTILE this green beast has to have the slowest dash of all , its just silly.

KRATOS. He actually fits in this game as if he is a mk charackter. Very nicely done =o

KANO . He is an motherf*cker. Seriously

I would record some matches and post them if I could. Only dazzles dont work on HD cables. Sadly ;(

dunno why i summed up some chars . I just felt like doing it ;)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Finished up Story mode yesterday, Shao Kahn was a *****, although I think the Kintaro/Goro tag team was worse. 53% XRays anyone?

Also, not sure if this happens to every game, but I was watching the cutscene before the final fight against Shao Kahn, he says some stuff and in the middle of the sentence was all like "Today-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay" and then the fight started. Me, my bro and dad busted out laughing.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah Sub-Zero is easy combo-man. He also can play some mindgames with ice clones and what not. I love playing Sub-Zero against my friends because of that. AI seem harder to trick with clones... so I just beat the **** out of them.

2>1>4>IceBall>2>2>4>X-Ray on SubZero - 51% Damage Combo that is...10 hits iirc. Easy to do, great damage.

I also like doing one of Smoke's 3 hit combos > Smokebomb > X-Ray. It's fun linking X-Rays.

I gotta say, comboing is easy in this game because I can actually do it. I couldn't link punches in SSFIV to save my life.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Linkings hard in ssf4 for the most part. FGs are hard in general dude. lol

You aren't doing the difficult 40%+ combos without X-rays, so this game ain't all that easy.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Linkings hard in ssf4 for the most part. FGs are hard in general dude. lol

You aren't doing the difficult 40%+ combos without X-rays, so this game ain't all that easy.
No trust me I know I've been watching the uber hard combos on Youtube, but I'm still doing the 27~30% ones while watching "The Stand" on Netflix (Great movie btw)

And yeah, I know. I can't help but feel I'd be better at these if I hadn't started so late (and didn't have a fulltime job :/)

Still though, out of the three I've played, this one does feel easier, and it's much more lenient on input time.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
FGs in general are okay. MK9's juggles feels so weird hehe
It's like tekken on a 2D plain. lol

No trust me I know I've been watching the uber hard combos on Youtube, but I'm still doing the 27~30% ones while watching "The Stand" on Netflix (Great movie btw)

And yeah, I know. I can't help but feel I'd be better at these if I hadn't started so late (and didn't have a fulltime job :/)

Still though, out of the three I've played, this one does feel easier, and it's much more lenient on input time.
This ones kinda easier than MvC3. That game isn't hard once you know what to do.

But yeah i know what ya mean.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, but there is no motivation to learn in MvC3. You go online and fight 5 different people and you die immobilized because they hit you around everywhere uber fast. If I picked one to go back too, I'd try SSF over that game.

But on topic, but bookends came in today. Too bad it's of Subzero dying..

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
I want the oldksool reptile skin so bad =[ i hope they put it on the psn store later on, it would be the only dlc il ever buy

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Imo maybe the best characters so far...Kung Lao, Ermac, Smoke...Tsung. Lol just some guessing here, not really enough time to say yet though.

Fun fact, Tsung is the 2nd least played character online (Sheeva is the least, ugh, sheeva X( )

Rikana

Smash Champion
Kung Lao needs a nerf. I'm normally against nerfs and such but kung lao is way too good. He gets 80% damage combos and can combo out of xrays. Projectiles, teleports with mixups, amazing anti air.. etc. There would be no tournaments without 80% of the people playing kung lao.

Smoke, on the other hand, seems very beatable. Although he's got many good tools, you can really jump in on smoke to **** him up.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I think 2v2 is the way to go for this game! 1v1 is ok, but I think 2v2 can have that "OMGWTF is going on?!" factor! I think there would be some very good team variety as well!

Edit - On Kung-Lao! I was gonna make him my main man, but I noticed he was just too d@mn good! I decided to drop'em and pick up Jade instead! I'm considering picking up Ermac for the 2v2!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Well, just because Kung Lao is extremely good doesn't mean you have to drop him. I'm going to train with him for now until he gets updated. I'm going to be attending MK9 tournies so I want to use what's available for me.

Kung Lao and Smoke (I already decided on smoke way before the launch of the game) are going to be my mains.

I really want to learn how to play Sektor though. He looks so badass.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Johnny Cage is definitely good. Not Kung Lao good but he's better than a lot of other characters. Many safe launchers and extremely scary when he's up close or when stuck in a corner with him. Xray is a counter which puts a lot of pressure on the opponent once a full bar is noticed - it makes you think twice before throwing out attacks.

Sub Zero, though, is a hard counter for Cage. Smart SZs can kill all of Cage's options.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVDSXGGIGGY

Top Bottom