• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

kr3wman

Smash Master
Kung Lao needs a nerf. I'm normally against nerfs and such but kung lao is way too good. He gets 80% damage combos and can combo out of xrays. Projectiles, teleports with mixups, amazing anti air.. etc. There would be no tournaments without 80% of the people playing kung lao.

Smoke, on the other hand, seems very beatable. Although he's got many good tools, you can really jump in on smoke to **** him up.
dont see anything about Kung Lao that should be nerfed. He has one of the highest damage potential, but everything else someone else does it better.

Johnny Cage is broken right now, 10-0 against people that you can duck their projectiles.

... which seems to be only Baraka. lol. Cage : Baraka is 10-0

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOLOLOL Cage Baraka is 10-0 until it gets patched.

But yea, Kung Lao is really, REALLY good. He can get past anything, zone well, rushdown well, and his dmg output is stupid. But do i think he should get patched? Hell no, he ain't O.Sagat.

Atlus8

Smash Master
So I got through the challenge tower today and I just finished up the story mode now!

This story mode is just damn amazing!

I enjoyed . . .

Kabal getting burned by Kintaro was funny!

Seeing Motaro as a cameo!

Sindel messing up everyone!

Johnny Cage lives?! WTF?!

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I <3 using Cage, definatly one of my fave characters.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thanks for the response guys. I just ordered it and I can't wait to start pulling off those Cage groin punches.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I got through the challenge tower today and I just finished up the story mode now!

This story mode is just damn amazing!

I enjoyed . . .

Kabal getting burned by Kintaro was funny!

Seeing Motaro as a cameo!

Sindel messing up everyone!

Johnny Cage lives?! WTF?!
I finished story a while back, on Challenge 50/300. They are quite fun, I must say. I got my bookends and what not recently too. Too bad it's of Scorpion killing Sub-Zero.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm just enjoying practice mode.. lol. I'm trying to create my own combos. I watched combos on youtube but a lot of them are very situational. I'm just trying to figure out what's the best for each character and expand from there.

People always think higher damage = good combo but it isn't true at all. You gotta find some way to **** with your opponent's mind. For example, good damage can be done with smoke's smoke bomb to jump kick grab to another smoke bomb. But that's just autopilot playing once you learn the combo. I would switch it up and use f + bk after smoke bomb because I believe by putting your opponent in the corner is much more rewarding than damage output. They will feel a lot more pressured and tend to mess up.

Also, dropping combos on block is a good thing too; it may lead to resets. Hit confirming is extremely important in this game.

I think I'm taking this game too seriously lol. Oh well, I plan to get really good at it though.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
370-60 player match ratio

Lag online effects so badly for Kabal, but I still **** :) well kinda :(

Rikana

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of 2v2 being the main thing for tournaments?!
It won't happen. Side event at most just like how Smash works.

Edit: its already starting.. like I said. Get ready for mainly Kung Laos in GFs.

Edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBc4m3vyNE
dat bomb trap. Mad legit cause you're in stagger state and can't do **** but block and you can't block bombs.. so slick. Its a combo I think is worth keeping.

By the way, don't use human Cyrax if doing this combo.. apparently they have minor differences. They're different enough to consider them more of clones than alts. That was quite a dumb thing to do on NRS' part.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@Ryu:
While Human and Robot Cyrax are simply a costume change, they have different properties.

1. Human Cyrax has a safe teleport, Robot Cyrax does not.

2. Human Cryax has slower bombs and a slower net throw.

3. Human Cyrax cannot do the guaranteed bomb trap after his command throw, Robot Cyrax can.
It makes a difference. Cyborg Cyrax advantages outweighs Human Cyrax by miles. The bomb traps are very crucial for Cyrax's gameplay.

kr3wman

Smash Master
can't you tech cyrax's command grab?

Especially after the Net, you could practice to always break it since the bomb trap looks like it needs strict timing.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Tried like 3 other characters. I got all their bnb's down, but its just not the same as kabal. Kabal might not have the best damage output (37% bnb jump in punch) but damn man kabal has soooooo many good ****ing things including his 50'50s and those projectiles man. AND DAT SWEEP

**** IM GUNNA GO PLAY RIGHT NOW

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
He inspires me. (Zero, that is) So how will competitive play work with the toasty secret. (random full bar?)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its not random. I think if you get a lot of uppercuts or something.. I don't remember where I read it. Tom Brady won many money matches and stuff too. His sub zero is extremely solid.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So what you guys think about Reptile, I'm trying to pick him up and I need some pointers?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So some chars can own Shao Khan and some just can't. Sub-Zero nearly flawless victoried him today.

Ice Slide on his projectiles, jump/hit or freeze him otherwise. It's like he couldn't comprehend the basics of that XD.

Also, when me and my buddy did a tag ladder. I'd do that > swap out with Scorpions Tag Attack[Teleport] and he'd beat him up and use my Ice Beam assist to freeze him. Then he'd keep fighting or bring me in to repeat.

It's just funny cause Shao can be a complete ****, but sometimes the most basic things just own him... like Sliding.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I remember in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Rain was OP. Seriously, if u could land his force ball, u win. force ball, raise them up, on their way down hit with force ball again, raise up, repeat.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
So how's Kratos in this game? I heard he got a beast fatality
I think Kratos is considered bottom tier right now. I haven't had an opportunity to play against anyone good with him due to PSN being down. His fatalities are pretty cool though.

Also, it's pretty easy to beat Shao Kahn with Kratos if you just stand on the opposite side of the screen and spam arrows at him.

Top Bottom