• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So Kung Lao is broken?

Man I wish I knew how to play this game like a pro ;__;

Now THIS is something I'd prefer to play than Smash

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've been doing some testing:

Sub-Zero

Playing with him has been a pleasure. The problem is his ice moves can be a bit slow, so they need to be canceled via kombo to be safe. I've been going

Away+1, 2, Freeze

This seems to be the best as it's fast :3 But any hit works

I've also noticed several of his combos can link into X-ray

away+1, 2, freeze, jump punch, 2, 1, 3 , xray(or slide) works pretty well

All in all I can see Sub-Zero being mid-tier if they ever make a tier. His movement can be meh, but with blocking an intricate combos, iuunno man :3

Zone

Smash Champion
Gates I just want to say the block button is necessary. Because There are so many super fast teleport moves, that having to hold back to block would be ridiculous. You know smokes teleport punch? he hits from both sides REALLY fast. I'm not down for having to "Guess" when he's going to teleport and end up having to walk toward him just for the off chance he teleports behind me instantly and hits me.

If most of the moves worked like Reptiles where he dashes at you, holding back to block would be ok. cuz reptile running at you from front before hitting from behind. once he hits ur block you can reverse the block.

@people who hate shao-khan in story mode.
Dude if you have problems with shao-khan at the end. just get as far away from him as possible with raiden and spam perfect frame projectiles. He seems to glitch or something sometimes and you can practically chip him to death lol, or he'll start spamming taunt. SOMETIMES though he'll be a **** and not be glitched up and you'll have to jump over his hammers /block spears. Or teleport when he throws one and combo him (preferably one that knocks him far away.) then rinse repeat.

Also people don't seem to know this but if you leave story mode and go into options. you can change the difficulty of Story mode. So... I'm willing to bet Gates was playing on Normal and was like "F****" If you're playing a character you don't care to learn just switch the difficulty lol.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I feel pretty good for beating him on hard

I also feel pretty good kicking people's faces in on the online because it means I'm better than I thought

Johnny Cage/Sonya Blade combo yessssssssss (yeah I like tag battles better than 1v1s). God for some reason if I'm losing pretty ****ing badly with Cage where I haven't been able to deal much damage, Blade is always the underdog and it makes me feel pretty good

Atlus8

Smash Master
Gates I just want to say the block button is necessary. Because There are so many super fast teleport moves, that having to hold back to block would be ridiculous. You know smokes teleport punch? he hits from both sides REALLY fast. I'm not down for having to "Guess" when he's going to teleport and end up having to walk toward him just for the off chance he teleports behind me instantly and hits me.
Well, MvC3 does have their share of fast teleports like Wesker and Dante! Expert players can block on reaction when facing them so I don't think it would be much of a problem if blocking in this game would be like other fighting games! I do agree that Smoke's teleport would be pretty tough to handle!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I understand WHY they have a block button, it's just hard to get used to.

Also people don't seem to know this but if you leave story mode and go into options. you can change the difficulty of Story mode. So... I'm willing to bet Gates was playing on Normal and was like "F****" If you're playing a character you don't care to learn just switch the difficulty lol.
Yeah, that's what I did eventually.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Well, MvC3 does have their share of fast teleports like Wesker and Dante! Expert players can block on reaction when facing them so I don't think it would be much of a problem if blocking in this game would be like other fighting games! I do agree that Smoke's teleport would be pretty tough to handle!
I agree. Times, like, 47 million.

But playing this game is like playing a 3D fighter in 2D, so it makes sense.

Still annoying though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Someone tell me why the hell Kung Lao is broken I've never even seen him once online yet

And I realized Cage sucks imo so I switched, but I can't decide to switch to :c

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Someone tell me why the hell Kung Lao is broken I've never even seen him once online yet

Play my kunglao bby <3

also dat li joe sting was cute as **** against perfectlegend

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
If Kung Lao becomes the MK of this game, I'm gonna laugh but hopefully we get some good worthwhile changes when they do updates with new characters.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Play my kunglao bby <3

also dat li joe sting was cute as **** against perfectlegend
I still don't get why damn you I'm a fighting game noob I know next to nothing about fighting games except Sentinel seems to be pretty annoying, Barwl sucks, and Fox is a boss

Lol cage is gdlk. He has an answer for everything.

:phone:
Eh, when I said he sucks I realized I meant to say I ended up sucking with him and not being the best I could be with him

Rikana

Smash Champion
Kung Lao has so many options and so little weakness. A huge majority of the people playing online probably are just playing the main characters such as Scorpion and Subzero just like how SF is flooded with Ryu. They probably don't know how to play either.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I'd say flooded with Scorpion, but not Sub-Zero.

I've seen so many complaints that "Sub-Zero sucks" because his fighting style is unique. Scorpion can be straight up button mash though. (no offense Backlash)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Because Kung Lao can do everything however he sees fit.

Cage is amazing too, btw.

So is Smoke, Ermac, and...who else am I leaving out.

I also think Sub-Zero/Scorpion are okay as well.

Oh yeahh, Reptile is a boss :3

IMO the only "crap" chars are Sheeva, Jax, Barraka, Sindel.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Noobs not really good. He's like Sim in ssf4. Either he wrecks or gets wrecked. He's not bad though. If he did more damage I would say he's high tier.

And he forgot Cyrax and Kitana.

Zone

Smash Champion
He is a very reactionary character. If he gets you in a corner though.... Good luck getting out with no block projectiles+ portal resets.

EDIT: I also love using noob against well... noobs. LOL they all get destroyed by his gimmicky play style, because most newbs play gimmicky and noob has a counter for most other gimmicks. For instance i'll trade with scorpion spear all day I win out on damage. Teleport punch? please I'll do that shadow upknee. Sometimes when they try to teleport my shadow charge, my inputs are reversed cuz he's behind me and i counter his teleport punch with shadow upknee on accident lol.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You also left out Noob Shimazu

Heh Reptile

Imma try him :/
Noob is fun to play so I don't want to count him.

Atm I main Sub-Zero/Ermac/Smoke, but I may drop Smoke for Rain if he becomes DLC.

I love Sub-Zero's fighting style the most....but with lag it's hard to play as him. In terms of skill, ermac is my weakest link, yet online I'm best with him.

Teleport > hit > uppercut > projectile works way too much...and because of lag sometimes I can do his ground bounce green move and his force throw over projectile flawlessly xD

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
I main sektor now but i kinda want to play quan chi because hes cool

and i will probably main reptile when i get the old skool costume because he looks ******** in this game imo

kratos is broken btw

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I main sektor now but i kinda want to play quan chi because hes cool

and i will probably main reptile when i get the old skool costume because he looks ******** in this game imo

kratos is broken btw
Broken as in he sucks, right? <_< That's what you mean...right? I mean I guess he is okay... I love his bow?

Also, Reptile has a unique look now, I kinda like it ^^

edit: Online sucks right now. I have amazing internet connection (like I never lagged in mvc3, ssfiv, killzone), but I'm lagging so bad. I lost to a **** scorpion who spammed teleport because I couldn't block in time with Ermac.

I can't even play sub-zero because the lag will eat me...

I couldn't do 3>1>Force lift>Force throw well either... ;/ sadface.

But I read they are addressing this issue. good.

Zone

Smash Champion
only play 1v1. I've experienced a few lagless games. I just hate when I find a lagless opponent and they rage quit or something. ;(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I owned a Jax with lag last night...but I just lost to a pretty bad Scorpion. He did like...nothing special. I tried to do my stuff and lost, I guess I could just spam Scorpion stuff too, lol.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I main noob but i dont understand how to setup up his **** yet. I love this game though, some of my earliest memories from gaming come from mortal kombat.

cyber subzero is obviously the best char, he beat goro and kintaro and the same time.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Online can make things really hard or really easy for you.

I main Sub-Zero, with Ermac/Smoke as subs.

However due to lag, Ermac is my best character online. His moves can easily catch unguarding opponents off balance, and the lag doesn't hurt him too bad.

Smoke works decent, but Ermac does everything better.

Sub-Zero, my FAVORITE character (I have his fatality tshirt), I can barely play online. I had to resort to hickkicks, uppercuts, and slides to win because lag was so bad. My combos wouldn't go in, ice moves are wayyyy to slow with lag, etc. I hope they fix this =(

I tried to do Away1, 2, iceball, 2, 2, powerslide and it was like...nope.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You'll probably prove me wrong, xD. You'll be the guy who uses the counter move and times Smoke Ball well, etc etc. I know him an Ermac are not the same, btw. It's just, they both spam teleport(You know, people. Hell Scorpion does it too), an I look Ermac's more ):

But yeah I'd love to play you at some point. I'm still very suckish at this game, I wanna get better though =(

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
My stupid trial ran out anyways and I can't redeem the code because the stores down. :mad:

But yeah, I use the shake all of the times. Esp. Ex shake when you're opponents getting desperate.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Yeah, I typed what I said 8 hours ago in a rush because I was going to be late for work. What I meant to say was online with lag and typical players, Ermac/Smoke is practically the same. Teleports... etc.

I need to play as Smoke more, but I've been into Sub-Zero/Ermac more. I can barely play Sub-Zero online, though. Lag makes it hard to play as him :(

Edit:

Probs dropping Ermac. Several reasons, the biggest being I'm aiming for variety. Sub-Zero/Smoke kinda stay, I <3 ninjas that don't bleed green gloop.

I wanna give Kratos another try. I wanna hope he isn't complete fail. I mean he is slow, and... no real good slide or teleport... but he is powerful. Meh. Rain needs to be dlc..

Top Bottom