• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Movie Talk!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥ I haven't gotten onto movies lately, but now that i've gotten a good Blu-Ray player I seem to get addicted to buying them rather than DVD even though they are way cheaper nowadays.

Anyway, I'm definetly going to start checking out some good movies again, any good ones? More specifically any "mafia" type movies are nice, like Streets of Blood or James Bond I guess. ★

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Watched a pretty cool movie tonight called "Buried". Was bored and decided to Netflix something that sounded interesting. The entire movie literally takes place inside a box, or rather a coffin, with the main character being buried alive and having no recollection of how he got there. Definitely liked the ending to it, seeing as I love being surprised while watching a movie instead of things just being predictable. Recommend it.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Is that the one with Ryan Reynolds? I remember a CSI episode kind of like that and was like, "been there..."
I'll still watch it if it's on though lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
Watched a pretty cool movie tonight called "Buried". Was bored and decided to Netflix something that sounded interesting. The entire movie literally takes place inside a box, or rather a coffin, with the main character being buried alive and having no recollection of how he got there. Definitely liked the ending to it, seeing as I love being surprised while watching a movie instead of things just being predictable. Recommend it.
I tried to watch that for like 20 mins. And by that I mean really tried/gave it a chance. Couldnt finnish it at all. Maybe its less boring later on in the movie.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Is that the one with Ryan Reynolds? I remember a CSI episode kind of like that and was like, "been there..."
I'll still watch it if it's on though lol
Yes it is :p

I tried to watch that for like 20 mins. And by that I mean really tried/gave it a chance. Couldnt finnish it at all. Maybe its less boring later on in the movie.
Ha, not gonna lie, it was super boring for about the first half hour or so. It starts picking up a lot more once things actually start happening to him, and you get an understanding of his situation on the outside.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Well sure, but when is a female protagonist not fighting against her culture's paradigm of how women should behave. Hopefully it'll be a lot more than that.

I'm sure it won't be bad, but the vision seems narrow

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh yeah, maybe. It doesn't really matter what the basic story is though, it's how it happens. Pixar's films don't have super brilliant plots or anything. They are just really well made.

I don't like the trailer either but that's because of the slapstick parts and dumb gags.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Indeed. But be aware about pixar's "A bug's life."

It was mixed with major positive/negative reception from the audience.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I'm really looking forward to Brave, It's Pixar after all.

Seeing the reviews for In time I wasn't going in expecting much. Honestly, I enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would, possibly because my expectations were low. Loved the concept, but if you think about it too much, it doesn't completely work. Liked the highlighting and contrasts between the rich upper class getting richer and the those in the underclass and low stuck there.

Olikus

Smash Champion
saw insidious. Probably one of the top 3 scariest movies I've seen. Dunno but I just had a bad feel trhougout the whole film that made me scared. If you like scarie moveis I recommend it.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
This past week I was a movie *****... I thought all of them were very good. First time watching all of btw

The Untouchables
The Usual Suspects
Blow
Requiem for a Dream
Forrest Gump
Inside Job
Scarface
Reservoir Dogs
Sleepers

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
For some reason, Forrest Gump is one of those movies for me that I find brilliant the first time round but really can't stand sitting through the whole thing again lol. Kind of like Napoleon Dynamite

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I used to love Forrest Gump as a kid.

it's an okay movie...it's just so schmaltzy. I hate schmaltzy.

I actually don't like most of those movies Roboturner posted even though I know most of them are pretty well-regarded. I love Requiem for a Dream but the rest of them I can take or leave.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It's going to be terrible.

Tangled is the best Disney movie.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm going to make a DKR thread soon so you guys don't poison up this one with Bat talk.

anyways, Tangled wasn't that great, definitely not even close to being one of the best Disney movies.

I miss the old art style they originally had going. wish they would have stayed with that

I would watch a 10 hour version of Tangled if it looked like that.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
damn son that's pretty.

I think I've said this before but I've actually been really impressed with children's movies lately.
How To Train Your Dragon was quality out of left field. Cinematography isn't something I really notice in CGI much but damn, HTTYD was really well "shot"

lol, when I say that I feel like that dorky kid outside the theater in The Fighter (when he took her on the date) that's all like "I hear the cinematography is beautiful, snarf!"

NTA

Smash Lord
Watched the latest Final Destination film a few days ago. I thought it was an alright movie. I didn't have very high expectations because if I did I would be a bit more disappointed. The deaths were really suspenseful but I didn't like the acting at the beginning on the bridge. I liked the effects. Just wish I could've seen it in 3D :D

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I never really get the suspense in the Final Destination movies.

I mean, you get told at the beginning that everyone is going to die ... and then they do.
They always remembered me of Tom and Jerry. Or at least some of the ways that people died(like getting spliced by barb wire).

Top Bottom