• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska's donation to Jo...MJG - next date/location TBA

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
@Jayford: That's the idea. Acutally, Brawl- is likely to replace doubles since only like 4 teams have signed up at each monthly.

§chizm

Smash Lord
You can still hate the game and play it . ;) <3

ALSO: Brawl - is going to be singles right? Brawl - doubles is kinda dumb not gonna lie.
Brawl- Doubles is terrible.
Brawl- is pretty dumb by itself, don't multiply the awful.

Well I'm sorry, i'm not on here as much as you and fool around with that kind of stuff as much.
The Edit and Multiquote button's are kind of obvious.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Brawl- will be singles, we may do doubles as well, but it would be cheap. We may do regular doubles as well, and whatever else.

but who gives a ****. Jayford just told me he knew how to Skip the generator in Gemini Man's level. That means the Mega Man 3 race just got way more real and I may need to practice. I've read online that starting on Needleman's level isn't the smartest idea because the battle against him averages 40 seconds buster only, but you need Rush Jet basically right away if you want to win a speed run. You can get the rush jet by hacking into the game system, but beating Shadow Man first is pretty **** hard, maybe slightly harder than beating Needleman. Oh the choices.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Wow.

You guys need to have respect for the brawl economy. I mean, people participate in tourneys in trying to place well. Although, there are other players who play for fun, but they still need to stimulate the economy of smash.

Isn't right that 1st place should get a Great prize
Isn't it right that 2nd gets half of first
isn't it best that third get there money back.

Idk, im just looking at Fino's, MJG's, and Jokers sake because they travel to these sometimes (not sure about MJG). They come to you, these talented players, and you get to particapate with good competition without having to travel.

If you don't take the game serious than you shouldn't enter tourneys or respect the smash economy.

resTy

Smash Champion
See, Smash 64 is like Dragon Ball. It was awesome and everyone liked it at one point or another.
Melee is like Dragon Ball Z. Everybody likes it way better than the other ones because it's awesome.
And Brawl is like Dragon Ball GT. It's just bad and non-canon and shouldn't exist.

That said, I agree with JBM's last sentence.
If you don't take Brawl serious, you shouldn't enter.
I'm no longer entering tournaments at Sherman's.
I'm serious this time :')

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
There's a difference between playing the game seriously yet having fun and taking the game seriously and getting pissed off everytime you lose. I love the fact that great players come to Sherman's and I want to go and get better by visiting them in their respective locations as well. I guess I do take Brawl seriously because I want to get better, but no use getting mad about anything ever, unless the other player is a complete classless jackoff.

I'm kidding mostly about the "***** cares?" but Mega Man has been my favorite series since I was born and I am more excited about speed running against Jayford than losing to Joker in the semi's, nothing against Joker, he's a very cool dude and I loved spending time at his place getting to know him better, he's pretty funny.

Nick and I were just having fun with each other, and Tyser jumped in with his usual Brawl sucks, you suck, go suck it attitude, which I find hilarious, but I understand others may not agree because they aren't happy-go-lucky like myself and find that even toying with each others emotions may be counter-productive.

Great Post JBM!

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Meh, Tyser'll enter Brawl at this monthly anyway. That's what he's done the last 5 times.

Also, to answer Dan's older question: try Adobe Media Encoder. It can read the Dazzle as a webcam and convert video directly to .flv. Plus, the basic version is free.

JBM that was a GOOD POST

§chizm

Smash Lord
Wow.

You guys need to have respect for the brawl economy. I mean, people participate in tourneys in trying to place well. Although, there are other players who play for fun, but they still need to stimulate the economy of smash.

Idk, im just looking at Fino's, MJG's, and Jokers sake because they travel to these sometimes (not sure about MJG). They come to you, these talented players, and you get to particapate with good competition without having to travel.

If you don't take the game serious than you shouldn't enter tourneys or respect the smash economy.
"Smash economy" is one of the worst terms I've ever heard.
It's pretty well established that these are closer to IA's biweeklies in that they are mostly for fun, and the fact that we'll get like a third of the people entering if we have any higher of an entry fee, which makes for a pointless tournament.
Also it's hard to take Brawl that serious anyway considering...well everything.

See, Smash 64 is like Dragon Ball. It was awesome and everyone liked it at one point or another.
Melee is like Dragon Ball Z. Everybody likes it way better than the other ones because it's awesome.
And Brawl is like Dragon Ball GT. It's just bad and non-canon and shouldn't exist.

That said, I agree with JBM's last sentence.
If you don't take Brawl serious, you shouldn't enter.
I'm no longer entering tournaments at Sherman's.
I'm serious this time :')
Well obviously you're not going to enter if you're out of town. :bee:
I'm kidding mostly about the "***** cares?" but Mega Man has been my favorite series since I was born and I am more excited about speed running against Jayford than losing to Joker in the semi's, nothing against Joker, he's a very cool dude and I loved spending time at his place getting to know him better, he's pretty funny.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Mmmm... I would say Melee is like Dragon Ball Kai and Brawl is like Dragon Ball Z cause it's the same as kai but takes for ****ing ever for plot to advance. Planking is filler.

resTy

Smash Champion
This would kind of imply that Melee and Brawl are the same, which isn't true.
I think what I said earlier is a lot more accurate :')

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Schizm, it has happend before, not necessarily last time. Remember that one time we blasted fireballs at Gamegenie the entire match. I haven't laughed that hard since.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That was Bull that time with that fireball lock, that was more bull than those guys who went double Jiggs on us.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
double Jiggs was pretty crazy too, but I now know how to counter that, even with Bowser.

Games at Dan's tonight, btw.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

This makes no sense.

You're saying that if we don't think we can win or care enough to really play we shouldn't bother entering the tournament because Fino/MJG/Joker come down to get everyones money. So the money of the people who don't expect to win/enter for fun isn't as good as the money of someone who really wants to play? If I was at their level in Brawl I'd encourage everyone in the world to enter the tournament, what would I care what their reason for playing was as long as I got to take their money and have fun doing it?

Not intended as a troll comment or anything. I just don't get what you're saying.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
What im saying is that Fino, trent, joker, and mjg for example are all respected players in the midwest. They bother to come to this small apartment tourney for 5 dollar entry fee >_>;...

What im getting at is they are coming to play you guys for a small price even though they live like what 2-3 hrs away? We should be courteous players and enter the tourney! If you don't see where im coming from, don't enter the tourney, because you obviously don't have respect for their work ethic for getting that good at brawl.

People don't get better to just be the best all the time, and you can't really get better by playing bad people. Money+competition drives a community for prizes, and better performance in tourneys. If you are paying money to enter a tourney, chances are you are entering for

1) fun
2) compete
3) win the tourney for the prize.

Tbh, im pretty sure i could beat most of the comp at shermans, i think i might try too :)

I hate 5 dollar tourneys though. Its so hard to take them seriously. 10 dollars is alot i know, and maybe this crowd just isn't the crowd that the brawl community needs(people who aren't willing to pay entry fees/choose not to).

Martian

Smash Cadet
What im saying is that Fino, trent, joker, and mjg for example are all respected players in the midwest. They bother to come to this small apartment tourney for 5 dollar entry fee >_>;...

What im getting at is they are coming to play you guys for a small price even though they live like what 2-3 hrs away? We should be courteous players and enter the tourney! If you don't see where im coming from, don't enter the tourney, because you obviously don't have respect for their work ethic for getting that good at brawl.

People don't get better to just be the best all the time, and you can't really get better by playing bad people. Money+competition drives a community for prizes, and better performance in tourneys. If you are paying money to enter a tourney, chances are you are entering for

1) fun
2) compete
3) win the tourney for the prize.

Tbh, im pretty sure i could beat most of the comp at shermans, i think i might try too :)

I hate 5 dollar tourneys though. Its so hard to take them seriously. 10 dollars is alot i know, and maybe this crowd just isn't the crowd that the brawl community needs(people who aren't willing to pay entry fees/choose not to).
Your still not making sense. Your saying that some people work hard to get good at brawl (fyi there is no place in your future to be successful with mastering toon link etc lol) and your saying if we dont understand then dont bother coming. Its insulting and I dont think anyone understands so i guess none of us can go.

kthxbye

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JBM, please enter brawl singles

Also, JBM is saying that we should be thankful that out of state people come here to a 5 dollar tournament and we should reciprocate and travel there because the only way to get better is to branch out of the Nebraska Brawl scene and into the Midwest Brawl scene. That's the only way for Nebraska Brawl to improve. I know Silver is tired of only playing Trent. I know I'm tired of only playing Dan. So another way we could get better is by actually committing to Smashfests and playing the game against each other. Because there is no way Nebraska Brawl can contend with out of staters until we do. Unless there's some WiFi Wizard out there, that is.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Your still not making sense. Your saying that some people work hard to get good at brawl (fyi there is no place in your future to be successful with mastering toon link etc lol) and your saying if we dont understand then dont bother coming. Its insulting and I dont think anyone understands so i guess none of us can go.

kthxbye
No, JBM is saying that we should be thankful to the out-of-staters for coming and therefore we should enter and give them money.

JBM, please enter brawl singles

Also, JBM is saying that we should be thankful that out of state people come here to a 5 dollar tournament and we should reciprocate and travel there because the only way to get better is to branch out of the Nebraska Brawl scene and into the Midwest Brawl scene. That's the only way for Nebraska Brawl to improve. I know Silver is tired of only playing Trent. I know I'm tired of only playing Dan. So another way we could get better is by actually committing to Smashfests and playing the game against each other. Because there is no way Nebraska Brawl can contend with out of staters until we do. Unless there's some WiFi Wizard out there, that is.
Thanks jerk.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Is Iowa coming to this?

Melty Blood was the best game at Evo btw. God forbid a game with an improving sequel.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No, JBM is saying that we should be thankful to the out-of-staters for coming and therefore we should enter and give them money.

Thanks jerk.
Dan is correct on both accounts. I forgot Dan owns me and I'm not allowed to have multiple partners. Seriously though, Smash Night this week to prepare for tournament.

Nebraska sucks, Brawl sucks, you guys all suck!
Results of 7/17/10 Brawl- $160 dollhair winner take all tournament.

#1 TZR-Fox ($160 dollhairs)
#2 Tango-Random Wario
#4 Mel-Falcon
#4 Bo-Donkey Kong
#8 Smeesh-Peach
#8 Mushr-Sonic
#8 Magik-Charizard
#8 JBM-Metaknight

resTy

Smash Champion
I think I'm not going to Minnesota anymore so there is a possibility I am coming to this.
My cousin and his family are coming over this weekend though so I can't house people.
I won't be entering though since I don't take Brawl seriously and don't wanna waste $.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Guys, please come early so I can participate in the tournament. There's a 93% chance that I have to work Saturday from 3-midnight so the earlier we start, the better chance Joker and Fino and MJG can take my money. I'd prefer we start singles at exactly 1:00 p.m., though AM would be bombdiggity. I'd even be willing to host it! And actually, I'll be playing video games at my work, so if we wanted to, like...move the tournament to where I'm working for my rounds of combat, that'd be cool too. Ya know, if I'm in the losers bracket or something, I gotta leave, you could just follow me to work, wait for 15 minutes for me to set up, then horray I win, flawless supreme victory perfect.

Anyway, back to reality. Seriously please try to arrive early, I'll try to blow through the tournament as fast as possible, play only aggro and go exclusively for suicide KO's.

And GOD DANMIT! I WANT TO PLAY JAYFORD IN MEGA MAN 3 AND NOW I'M WORK JOHNING..........

Rob we should get some brawl going tomorrow if mexi has games.
For sure, we can do it at my place if his place doesn't work.

He'll play it for like four matches, say it sucks and then not play it again for five months.
The cycle continues.
^Exactly. It's what happend last night with Mexi, though he plays Samus, he's got a legit beef with Brawl.

Nothing much, If you are coming down here for Sherman's this week, we need to scrape.

JBM where is Mexi's place anyway?
Right across from Hillside Elementary on 78th.

Edit: If games don't happen at Mexi's, my place will work. 402-305-5522 if interested, ask for directions there. I'm occupied from 9-5 for the first time since....uh...I decided to skip my first classes in high school and got sick at swim practice so I got to go home early.

Top Bottom