• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nebraska's donation to Jo...MJG - next date/location TBA

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Results are posted. I'll start working on getting the matches on youtube later tonight; my goal is to have them all up by Christmas.

Trent

Smash Champion
Shout-Outs:

Joker: Get *****. Those were some pretty close matches between us. I swear I'm recording the very first time I ever beat you in a round. Grats on teh moneyz.

CBK: Believe this is the first time I've met you, man we had some insane matches huh? 233%... Grats on 2nd, you seemed like a pretty chill dude!

Tyser: You suck mang. Supposed to rep Nebraska. We should Brawl it up more often, who knows I might try Melee for serious sometime.

Matt: Come on, step it up!

Gregdang: You are like the coolest person to hang out with after tourneys. Man I feel bad that I took you out of the tournament, especially since it happend twice this time. :( FORGIVE ME!!

Nick: Hams off my bread! I should kill myself more often.

Uli: When the **** did you pick up Ike? Kick *** on the decision though, we should game more sometiems.

Rob: Nice seein' ya again.

Schizm: How come you lost to Matt but not to me? Wtf mang. We should go find more Taco Bells.

Bobbie: Cool seein' ya again bro.

Dan: Thanks for hosting, we'll try getting something set up in Lincoln to have 2 tournies in NE a month.

Edward: Moar Angel Ring.

Fun tourney and such.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Shouties:

ShermanTheTank - Thanks for hosting. The tournament was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be, honestly. You ran it like a professional. Gratz on a successful first tournament and good games.

Joker - Our games were closer than I thought man. I thought you were going to straight up ramsack my face. Good games and thanks for coming. I hardly get to see my Mexi.

CBK - You're getting mad good. Your patience is really nice. You should play Melee and put that patience to work XD Great set even though you obliterated me easily.

Trent - Quit making fun of me or else Imma do some ramsacking! You're still mad cool though.

Mushroomring - Not playing has made you mad smart or something. Play a little more patient and you can be friggin really good. Take my advice more also. You know it's legit, Im just an ass when I talk :p

Captain of Love - ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 0% Homo

Bored Peanut - We hardly spoke to each other. Approach me nigga!

Uli - Close games. I wasnt sandbagging, you're just getting better at this bad game. Keep it up.

MegaRobMan - If I train you for a month or two, you can be really good. Ill point out all your stupid mistakes for you. Seriously, Ill make you one of the best in Nebraska. Holla.

Schism - Dont use ICs. They require too much skill.

Bobby - Thanks for lettin us use your place for this tournament. Youre legit.

Silver - Good friendlies. We should play more often. I can help point out your silly mistakes and bad habits. I was picking them off but I dunno if you were noticing it. Good games though.

Aura - You were mad quiet but then again, we're a lot older than you are. Kudos for actually showing up.

Gamegenie - Where were you at dude?

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Might as well do this to get rid of my 666 posts:

Sherman- thanks for hosting

Des Moines- Awesome seeing you guys, you should come down more often. Probably not going to Joker's until Tyser's able to :(.

Joker- Those were some fun friendlies and your taste in music's pretty legit. Get ***** by 3 Sonics :) Those were some fun Pokemon matches also. I'd say that first one was the closest. If you had Aqua jet you probably wouldve won.

CBK- Chaingrabbing bastard.....jk. Never dittoing you again though lol. I was expecting you to stay Pika when I chose Trainer but it didnt happen :(. Stupid Metaknight. Good shit for taking out Tyser though. He ***** my Pika. Fun teams matches also.

Tyser- Good games. The result was inevitable. And it does seem like playing this game less makes me somewhat better somehow. Sorry for not getting you ready enough for CBK.

Trent- Mad props for using Sonic. Stop talking about giving up on him. You/he aint bad

GREG DANG!!!- Fun melee matches on Sunday. Awesome sharing 5th with you. Wish we couldve done more with you being in Omaha and all.

Schism- Screw Rainbow Cruise, Im banning Brinstar next time. Very close matches as usual. Also, you suck for timing out in Melee lol.

David- You're an awesome partner, except for when you blew me up in that very first match lol. We had some pretty good comebacks also. Thanks for letting me keep the $7.60 :) Good shit in Blazblue also, you ****.

Silver..... the hedgehog hater- Good friendlies. You were doing pretty good against my Sonic. Trent must be giving you some good Sonic practice. Your Luigi could be pretty legit once you get the tornado recovery mindset going.

Uli- Fun matches in teams. Thats about it. I see you all the time but I never friendly you in Brawl :(

Dittos- I hate you. Tyser was right.

Pika- Didnt use you so much this time around and we didnt do so well when I did :( still love ya

Trainer- Fun using you in friendlies. Lets keep it that way.

Sonic- You rock, and you roll

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
My computer/internet is so slow it's stupid. I have a ton more videos but it's not letting me upload them. I'll try to get them all up by tomorrow, but here's the link for what I have now:

http://www.youtube.com/user/PewPewPit

I know the 16th and 23rd are the two best dates for next month. Anyone have any preferences?

Also, should I stick with $5 or up it to $10?

Tyserification

Smash Lord
On the vids, you messed up on David's tag. It's "Cue" not "Tue."

I vote $5 because I dont wanna pay $10 for Brawl ever again.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
"Advanced Edit" the first post (hit "Edit" and "Advanced Edit" should be there).
There should be a bar that says "Title" and you should know what to do from there.

If you want a cool blue name, go here Dan:
http://www.smashboards.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Join Tournament Directors and then give them the link to this thread.
They wont tell you whether you got the colored name or not, you'll have to just
monitor that section until it happens.
They usually approve within a few days.

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I'm actually in New Jersey right now, so I don't have my schedule in front of me, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the 16th is better.

Also, keep it to $5. Do it. It would feel so good.

Trent

Smash Champion
The 23rd would be the same day as Iowa's Bi-Weekly, which would cause Iowa not to show up.

I vote the 16th.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
16th for sure.

Got the rest of the vids up today. Sorry about taking so long, I forgot I had to do them >.< Next time someone yell at me or something.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
If you would want to attract more people from Out of State, then you would have to raise it. Since we're from Iowa, we don't care what the entry fee is because:

1. We're all really friends and just enjoying playing with each other.
2. We're not that far away from you since our commute is only 2 hours.

For the other people in other states, their travel time is a lot longer then ours and feel like a $5 entry wouldn't really profit them for the travel time they are putting into.

That is my 2 cents.

Fino

Smash Master
If you would want to attract more people from Out of State, then you would have to raise it. Since we're from Iowa, we don't care what the entry fee is because:

1. We're all really friends and just enjoying playing with each other.
2. We're not that far away from you since our commute is only 2 hours.

For the other people in other states, their travel time is a lot longer then ours and feel like a $5 entry wouldn't really profit them for the travel time they are putting into.

That is my 2 cents.
This kid is smart. Kansas wants $10 entry =D
lol

resTy

Smash Champion
If the weather continues to be how it is, I don't see anyone coming from out of state.
We may have a local get together on our hands.
There is also a chance I won't come because your tournament is the same day as Pound 4 and I might go to a friend's house and we might Super Bowl it up since Pound is having a Live Stream.
Pound 4 is the biggest Melee tournament of the year by the way.

Fino

Smash Master
MJ plays for monies, and won't be interested in going if he can't make gas. I don't blame him though... he's incredibly good. MJ going is a big factor in me going... cause I can't really afford to spend a ton of money in gas to go a small tournament.
How many Kansas kids do you think would come?

Come to think of it, how many kids from Iowa are coming?
Prolly 2-4

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
If the weather continues to be how it is, I don't see anyone coming from out of state.
We may have a local get together on our hands.
Very good point.

Is this Tourney still on for next weekend?
Sure is!

MJ plays for monies, and won't be interested in going if he can't make gas. I don't blame him though... he's incredibly good. MJ going is a big factor in me going... cause I can't really afford to spend a ton of money in gas to go a small tournament.
Yea, I fully understand that. If I was as good as him, I'd play for monies too.

I'm not trying to keep you guys out by keeping the price down, it's just that the local crowd wants to keep it at $5. And given that the weather is going insane/another snowstorm is on it's way, I'm thinking I'm gonna leave this next tourny at $5.

HOWEVER I would like more out of staters to come, so I'll talk to people and see if I have enough support to bump it to $10 for next month. If this is the case I'll put it up here ASAP, so that everyone knows and has plenty of time to prepare.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Dan I just made another facebook group for this event to get all the straglers who do not know what smash boards is.

resTy

Smash Champion
Nebraskans
Tyser
ShermanTheTank
Trent
Silver
MRM
Span
BoredPeanut
Uli
AuraStrum
Others (1-5)

Iowans
Captain Love
Schism
Joker (?)
Others (1-3)

Out of Staters
Fino (?)
MJG (?)
Mr. Doom (?)

That's what is planned at the moment.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Probably 20, so...

Dan/Bobby/John=15 dollars (doubles/singles)

APROX money
1st-57 dollars (doubles will probably be like 40, so 20 a person)
2nd-28 dollars (doubles will probably be 20, so 10 a person)
3rd-9 dollars (doubles will probably be like 10, so 5 a person)

Everyone get as many scrubs as possible!!!!

Just FYI, I'm gonna do random on my first match unless I'm facing someone I already know will beat my ***, like Tyser/Nick, and Trent...you get your choice of Wolf or Super Wolf.

resTy

Smash Champion
I honestly don't think we'll hit 20.
The 1st Monthly was mad hype and we only got 16 people.
This one got little to no hype so I don't realistically see 20 people happening.
Just my intake.

§chizm

Smash Lord
I guess I'm coming now.
Was there ever a doubt?
Who's all going to this? I need a definite number by Wednesday, please.
Probably only like 20ish or so?, that's about what it was last time.

Just FYI, I'm gonna do random on my first match unless I'm facing someone I already know will beat my ***, like Tyser/Nick, and Trent...you get your choice of Wolf or Super Wolf.
...is that what happens when Wolf collects all the Chaos Emeralds?

Also I'm not sure who all is going to this from IA. I know Rebecca talked about going to a tournament but I wasn't sure if it was this or HD.
At the least it'll probably be Me, Joker, Peeks (I assume) and probably Greg.

I'm going to try playing ICs at this againnnn.

Top Bottom