• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Certainly I'd be up for some smash, sir. I'll see if I can get a smashfest together on the 22nd. I'll message you with details some point in the future.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Certainly I'd be up for some smash, sir. I'll see if I can get a smashfest together on the 22nd. I'll message you with details some point in the future.
Craaaaaaap my bad, I meant to say the 28th - 30th >.>. I'm confirmed to be free for Saturday evening, so something on that day would be fine. But yeah, it'll be great to meet you! I'll PM you with more details as the date comes to stop cluttering the thread >.>.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Major update to the OP. Basically I'm keeping the pre-registration open for those who still want to use it, but it no longer comes with an attendance guarantee.

The tournament is still happening, as we've established earlier. :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'm looking to go to this, but the way my work deals with requesting days off is weird. I won't be able to find out if I can go until August 14th.

Sucks having to wait that long to figure out whether or not I'll be there.

JTsm

Smash Master
This will probably be my last P:M tourney this summer. So hyped.

Scythe

Smash Master
this needs more hype generation and advertising, I'm starting to get worried the attendance will not be good.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
this needs more hype generation and advertising, I'm starting to get worried the attendance will not be good.
Indeed. I will start working on a video. Like I've said, I've never made one before and would appreciate help, but I realize it probably won't get done if I leave it to someone else.

No offense to anyone who might be working on it already. If so I'd appreciate a message so we can maybe throw our efforts together. :p

As for attendance, as much as I'd like to I can not make guarantees. I know we won't have anything like what EVO's getting for Melee, lol, but I'd like to think we can get at least 50. I can think of close to 20 people just around Cincinnati and Columbus alone that will probably come, but again... none of them have pre-registered. >.<

Oracle

Smash Master
I don't think its gonna be a very big tournament, but its gonna be stacked like a mofo. Basically every good region in the country has shown interest in coming

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I don't think its gonna be a very big tournament, but its gonna be stacked like a mofo. Basically every good region in the country has shown interest in coming
I mean, to some extent any size tournament can produce hype matches, as long as the people who *do* come are good enough. Like... a finals between any of you guys is going to be awesome with or without 50-100 other people in the preceding brackets.

But we're not going to be satisfied with that, though. Not when Melee is able to conjure 700+ people for Evo. This scene has a lot of passionate people in it-- we just need to get their attention.

I'll start throwing something together when I get home from work today. Already many ideas are brewing.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Quick question...I do believe I pre-reg'd for this back in May...but my name isn't on the pre reg list. Just wanted to check if I was still there or if there was just some oversight...because, well, my monies.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Quick question...I do believe I pre-reg'd for this back in May...but my name isn't on the pre reg list. Just wanted to check if I was still there or if there was just some oversight...because, well, my monies.
Yes! Indeed you did and you should be on there... and you are now.

Would explain why I thought I had one more person than I had on the list. I have all your information right next to everyone else's and I'm not sure how I missed adding you to the post.

Sorry about that. >.<

Metà

Smash Master
If the attendance numbers exceed well over 50 people, expect me to be here (provided I have the cash, may be broke after EVO lol). I'll be in MN when this happens, so I'll be able to take a bus and then ride with some Chicago folks to Ohio.

also, doubles would be nice, especially since this is a two-day event!

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'm 50-50 on going now. I'm gonna be looking into flights when I get paid, and there's a chance I'll still make it over.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
So, I still haven't received a willing participate for housing/transportation. On top of that, ticket prices continue to be terrible from Tucson (TUS) to Dayton (DAY). But without someone who volunteers for the aforementioned, Dayton might not even be where I'd be going, so who knows.

Those two factors are making it more unlikely that I won't be able to attend this.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If prices into Chicago are cheaper, then you should let someone know soon. It's most likely possible to house/transport you from IL if you wouldn't mind a drive out there. Chicago was probably going to split hotels though.

Oracle

Smash Master
Speaking of which, i have a flight from dallas to chicago on thursday night. Can I get a carpool spot with you guys for whenever you leave friday?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Housing-wise, OS and I are happy to offer a few couches to sleep on. It is, however, not particularly close to the venue (about 30-40 mins), and unless the tournament is small we can't exactly house *everyone.* My feeling is that split hotel rooms will probably be much easier and cheaper for most. Still, it is a possibility if someone wants it.

I'll ask around some more and see if we can get some people closer to the venue to house for this.

Oracle

Smash Master
whichever one is further from the venue, i forget the name. I think its like 30 minutes south? not the on thats really close

Doctor X

Smash Lord
whichever one is further from the venue, i forget the name. I think its like 30 minutes south? not the on thats really close
Hmm... Well there's really only two around here that the airlines use, so I'll assume you're talking about this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/M5BDA

If that's the case my house is not far. If you stayed there Sunday night I could easily drop you off. Do you have anyone else coming with you?

Oracle

Smash Master
yeah that should be the one. I don't have anyone else coming atm, xeven wants to fly in but its fairly iffy

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Depending on how things go I may have 4 or 5 people (including myself) that will attend and participate! I'm super excited as I've not been to a big tournament event and this would make a good first one for Project M. I'd say we're all at or a little under the level of JCeaser and gang. Time to start practicing lol

Edit: Also glad there's finally something a bit closer to my area (Louisville, KY here)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who wants to house Strongbad/Me/Tmacc/PossibleDarkatmaoranotherpersonifhedoesn'tgo?

JTsm

Smash Master
A Days Inn and a Comfort Suites are less than 2 miles away from the venue. I think I used the Days Inn before. Not too shabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom