• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Every character who's considered benefits from it. That doesn't mean they'll be playable; many pre-development considered character won't be playable. Aside from a handful of characters, most who are designed to be playable probably eventually are playable. No character not considered in pre-development are playable. That's what I figure at least.

So we can't expect a "eff you *insert name here*, I love you bro" from you then, eh=??? :laugh:

Anyways, I need to ask this: Is this roster a "I think this is likely" type of roster or a "I think this would rock" roster, or some combination of the two=??? I just wanna know if you built this roster as something you think is logical, fun to potentially play as, or a combination of the both so I can judge it based on how you built it.

Roster notes:
Geno - I love Super Mario RPG, I love Geno, and I want Geno to be playable in smash, but I don't see it happening.
Tingle - Grh... I hate Tingle, but he does have some shot despite being dead for nearly a decade.
I hope not much of a shot.
:laugh:
Pokémon Franchise - I don't like the thought of Mewtwo not returning (seriously, he returns in everything), but these Pokémon choices seem very likely.
Medusa - I'm still waiting to see Uprising to see whether I think Paletuna or Medusa are likely, worthy, or interesting enough to make up my opinion of them and their chances.
Black Shadow - Went for the baddie instead of the rival, eh=???
Krystal - I have troubles seeing 4 space animals, especially one not from Star Fox or its' two remakes. I was (somewhat) wrong about a 3rd Star Fox character in Brawl though.
Professor Layton - I don't know the character at all. I know it is a puzzle game series, although I don't know if it is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party Nintendo franchise.

Overall my guess on this roster is that I don't see Geno, Tingle, Black Shadow, Krystal, and Professor Layton (assuming she is third party-owned) appearing. So for guessing, I would give you a solid 92% (which is pretty good, as I am a fairly harsh critic). Overall your choices seemed intelligent and overall pretty interesting, much like Sakurai's choices.

I give you a 97% in terms of my interest if this was the final roster. My two pet peeves are a lack of new "true" retro characters (Geno is the only one, and he is 3rd party) and no Mega Man. My personal likes are the great choices for modern smaller franchise choices, and the interesting choice to expanded the roster size of nearly every franchise that is still continuing that has playable character in smash by one. I consider Tingle an exception though, as he is rather lame and outdated IMO.

tl;dr Good all-around roster bro. :cool:
As far as Geno goes, I'm holding out hope because Sakurai always seems to be playing catchup when it comes to Smash rosters. Seeing how Geno had massive support for Brawl, I doubt Sakurai will forget that and I think he can appreciate Geno's uniqueness and interesting appeal which Toad and Bowser Jr. don't really have. Not to mention SE's great relationship with Nintendo. I could easily see Slime or Slime/Chocobo get in as a Square rep, but seeing how no one outside Japan really gives a **** about Dragon Quest, I'm not positive Sakurai will do that. I also see Paper Mario as an awesome potential 5th rep, but i'm hesitant to add another version of an existing character.

I used to hate Tingle too, but when I realized how much Tingle is in the LoZ series and how much of an interesting character he would be, I came around.

Black Shadow wouldn't be a sword character and got way more mentions in Sakurai's journal than Goroh. Plus we need more villains. Also, to make Ganon a non clone, you could easily give his moveset to Black Shadow and declone him.

I understand Krystal is pretty hated and in a franchise that is more than likely dead, but Sakurai cares more about uniqueness, which she would offer as a an interesting character.

Professor Layton has a much higher chance than people give him credit for. He's very popular in Japan, the US, AND Europe. He has proven that he can fight and has a pretty easy moveset potential. Layton's creator has said he would LOVE for the professor to be in Smash. Sakurai himself has even heard the suggestion for Layton in Smash from a Japanese talk show host. I think Layton is pretty impossible not to like once you learn how awesome he is, as some of the people around here can tell you from my education efforts back in the summer. I know Megaman is iconic and nostalgic and he could easily make it in Smash, but Capcom is ACTIVELY trying to kill his franchise! I mean, the dude didn't even make it into MVC3. It just seems like a bad omen for Megaman. Anyway, thanks for the input!

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Omega still posted here this thread would probably have an additional 100+ pages on this thread. I mean c'mon, the man barely slept, and what time he did have se seemed to be on here all of the time. Besides, there is nothing worth discussing at this moment anyways. The only thing even remotely fascinating is the Pokémon crossover game and the Mewtwo collectors box item set to be released.
If Omega were here, then I'd know I'd have someone to actually conversate with :laugh:

@HyperFalcon- You know I still love you :love:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The Generation 6 factor is a bit of an unknown right now, but we can guess that the first Generation 6 Pokémon games will come out in 2014 (5 came out in 2010, 4 in 2006).. Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS will likely begin development in January or February 2012. Brawl was in development for about 2 1/4th years for one game. Now, they are developing two, which could come out as late as 2016.
After my studies in DMA, I've discovered that Game Design is slowly, but surely increasing in the rate of finished products. If you look at before, and then you looked at now, you'll see that games are made faster nowadays. Mainly, because of remakes and better technology. Sakurai said he wants to build up from SSBB, so with a starting point, and a game that revolves around a certain fog (Being fighting of course), I've estimated that the game can, at the max, take 2 to 3 years to finish, from January onwards.

When Sakurai begins to develop the roster, he may ask the Pokémon Company which new Pokémon to add (like he did with Brawl). They could have 6th Generation Pokémon games well into development, and suggest one they have finished (and help Sakurai put them in Brawl). This scenario may have happened (to an extent) with Lucario.
I look at it now, and I think the 6th gen, out of speculation, could take another 2 years to come out, due to Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, unless Genesect and Meloetta have a movie together, which for some reason doesn't feel right.

Shh... don't tell anyone about the Pokémon I created. "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX ASAGE!" :awesome: I thought my creation was still a secret... :urg: :reverse: :smirk: :cool: :awesome: :chuckle: :laugh: :grin: :) :wolfbrawl:
No way! I don't believe it!
If Omega were here, then I'd know I'd have someone to actually conversate with :laugh:

@HyperFalcon- You know I still love you :love:
I'm still here :(
Answers underlined.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Huh, any other details on the conference or is that all we know as of now?

@yani- Happy Holidays to you and everyone else! I know it's kinda early but I prolly won't be here tomorrow

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Good fightings we bring
To you and your friends!
We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy Brawl Year!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You could of said all of that without being a prick, smashchu.

But then again, you are a total prick.

Not sayin you're wrong, I agree with most of your points (cept for the power shielding one, that's nothing like alpha counters).
Yeah, your right. But it's hard. Talking to Kuma is like talking to a brick wall. I can say it over and over in one hundred different ways and he wont get it (and yet everyone else does). Me being a prick is driven by frustration.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I was wondering if the Ice Flower could be implemented. It would operate like the Fire Flower, except for that it releases ice, and can also briefly freeze opponents.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, your right. But it's hard. Talking to Kuma is like talking to a brick wall. I can say it over and over in one hundred different ways and he wont get it (and yet everyone else does). Me being a prick is driven by frustration.
I bet you know how to answer that too :awesome: You're not alone. Read my Smash Journal, Chapter 2, and it explains how fandom can get out of hand. Maybe your wise knowledge can assist me in chapter 4 :awesome:

I do have to admit. Smashchu and Kuma argue like Mario and Luigi in the original Cartoon :laugh:

BTW, If you'd like to add a chapter to my Sm4sh Journal, let me know. Send me the journal entree, title, and Initials (Yours. But not from your real name). It can be about anything relating to Sm4sh, or what you've seen already. It's in the blog section.

I won't be here for the rest of today, probably. I gtg do dishes (Damn :urg:) and clean the kitchen (Double Damn :urg::urg:). So, I might not be back for a day/half. I'm not now, but soon I will be.

@MASG Oh, like Ice Climber's frost (B) move?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also, I saw a revamped christmas song, up there... It's my turn!
The Twelve Days of Smash. By Asage94
[COLLAPSE="It's long lol"]
On the first day of Smashing my opponent sent to me...
A chariot with my tomb inside, oh shiiii-
On the second day of Smashing my opponent sent to me...
Two Sonics Speeding
And a chariot with my tomb inside, Oh shiiii-
On the third day of Smashing my opponent sent to me...
Thee Dededes Eating
Two Sonics Speeding
And a chariot with my tomb inside, Oh Shiii-
On the fourth day of Smashing my opponent sent to me...
Four Yoshi's jumping
Three Dededes Eating
Two Sonics Speeding
And a chariot with my tomb inside, Oh shiii-
On the fifth day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Five Meta Knights, Oh FUUUUUU-
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
And a chariot with my tomb inside, oh shiii-
On the sixth day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Six plumbers plumbing
Five Meta Knights, oh FUUUUU-
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the seventh day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Seven failing Bowsers
Six plumbers plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the eighth day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Eight Falcons Punching
Seven failing Bowsers
Six Plumbers Plumbing
Five Meta Knights, oh FUUUUUU-
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the seventh day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Seven failing Bowsers
Six plumbers plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the ninth day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Nine Pikachus Spamming
Eight Falcons Punching
Seven failing Bowsers
Six Plumbers Plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the tenth day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Ten Force Palm Spammings
Nine Pikachus Spamming
Eight Falcons Punching
Seven failing Bowsers
Six Plumbers Plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the eleventh day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
Eleven Foxes on F.D.
Ten Force Palm Spammings
Nine Pikachus Spamming
Eight Falcons Punching
Seven failing Bowsers
Six Plumbers Plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
On the 12th day of Smashing, my opponent sent to me...
12 Final Smashes
Eleven Foxes on F.D.
Ten Force Palm Spammings
Nine Pikachus Spamming
Eight Falcons Punching
Seven failing Bowsers
Six Plumbers Plumbing
Four Yoshis Jumping
Three Dededes eating
Two Sonics Speeding
And a chariot with my tomb inside, oh shiii-[/COLLAPSE]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Grandma got run over by a Mewtwo
Running to the Smash Bros. Registry.
You can say there's no Mewtwo in Smash Bros.,
But just ask Doc and Pichu; they believe.
:awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Poppy Allow me to remix it.

Grandma got headshotted by Victini
Flying his way over to Smash 4
You may not believe that he's a worthy Choice
But just ask me and Smash Fan, we believe

:awesome:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I bet you know how to answer that too :awesome: You're not alone. Read my Smash Journal, Chapter 2, and it explains how fandom can get out of hand. Maybe your wise knowledge can assist me in chapter 4 :awesome:

I do have to admit. Smashchu and Kuma argue like Mario and Luigi in the original Cartoon :laugh:

BTW, If you'd like to add a chapter to my Sm4sh Journal, let me know. Send me the journal entree, title, and Initials (Yours. But not from your real name). It can be about anything relating to Sm4sh, or what you've seen already. It's in the blog section.

I won't be here for the rest of today, probably. I gtg do dishes (Damn :urg:) and clean the kitchen (Double Damn :urg::urg:). So, I might not be back for a day/half. I'm not now, but soon I will be.

@MASG Oh, like Ice Climber's frost (B) move?
I think I've seen the journal in passing, but haven't gone in depth with it. Care to link it to me?

I can lend a hand perhaps, but what will Chapter 4 be on.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think I've seen the journal in passing, but haven't gone in depth with it. Care to link it to me?

I can lend a hand perhaps, but what will Chapter 4 be on.
Here it is.

The journals at present time can be pretty much anything, from Moveset, stage, and music discussion to the issues of fandom, characters, and stages. So, Chapter 4 is of your consideration, but PM me the info, like the summary of the journal first. But only if you want to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As much fun as as throwing around personal insults is... here is a roster I think would be fantastic and I think it's pretty realistic.

Mario Franchise
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Geno; Bowser Jr. and Toad have higher priority.

Wario Ware Franchise
6. Wario

Yoshi's Island Franchise
7. Yoshi

Donkey Kong Franchise
8. DK
9. Diddy
10. K. Rool

Legend of Zelda Franchise
11. Link
12. Zelda/Sheik
13. Ganondorf
14. Toon Link
15. Tingle; Much better than Ghirahim, but still doubtful.

Pokemon Franchise
16. Pikachu
17. Pokemon Trainer
18. Jigglypuff
19. Lucario; As much as I want it back, it'll probably step aside.
20. Zoroark

Kirby Franchise
21. Kirby
22. King Dedede
23. Meta Knight

Kid Icarus Franchise
24. Pit
25. Medusa; Palutena first.

Metroid Franchise
26. Samus/ZSS
27. Ridley

F-Zero Franchise
28. Captain Falcon
29. Black Shadow

Pikmin Franchise
30. Olimar

Fire Emblem Franchise
31. Marth
32. Ike
33. Krom; Don't you mean Chrome?

Mother Franchise
34. Ness
35. Lucas

Starfox Franchise
36. Fox
37. Falco
38. Wolf
39. Krystal

Sin and Punishment Franchise
40. Saki

Retro Franchises
41. Ice Climbers
42. Mr. Game & Watch
43. R.O.B.

Punch Out Franchise
44. Little Mac; His only issue is the moveset.

Golden Sun Franchise
45. Isaac

Legendary Starfy Franchise
46. Starfy

Animal Crossing Franchise
47. Tom Nook; Assist Trophy is better for him.

Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise
48. Sonic

Metal Gear Solid Franchise
49. Snake; I'd rather see him get the boot.

Professor Layton Franchise
50. Professor Layton; I'm not too familiar with his series.

Feel free to rate/comment. Im always open to suggestions!
Comments are in the quote.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Anyone interested in rating my roster?

Anyways, everyone appears to be in a roster mood. So I'll join in.

(Character)
- Indicates unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]Super Mario
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Toad

Donkey Kong
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. King K. Rool

Wario
  1. Wario
  2. Captain Syrup

Yoshi
  1. Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
  1. Link
  2. Zelda (New Down-B)
  3. Sheik
    (Gains her own slot; new Down-B)
  4. Ganondorf (Decloned moveset)
  5. Toon Link
    (Luigified moveset)

Metroid
  1. Samus / Zero Suit Samus
  2. Ridley

Kirby
  1. Kirby
  2. Metaknight
  3. King Dedede

Star Fox
  1. Fox
  2. Falco
    (Luigified moveset)
  3. Wolf (Decloned moveset)

Fire Emblem
  1. Marth
  2. Ike
  3. Roy
    (Decloned moveset)

F-Zero
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Samurai Goroh

Earthbound
  1. Ness
  2. Lucas
    (Decloned moveset)

Kid Icarus
  1. Pit
  2. Medusa

Puzzle League
  1. Lip
  2. Dr. Mario
    (Luigified moveset)

Pokemon
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Charizard
    (Stand-alone character)
  4. Mewtwo
  5. Lucario
  6. Victini
I have to explain the lack of Pokemon Trainer. The Trainer still exists, but as an option for any Pokemon. When you change colors for the Pokemon, you can also choose to give them one of six possible trainers. These trainers will send the Pokemon out into the playing field with Pokeballs and send commands or cheer in the background, but only serve an aesthetic purpose in this game. No more three-characters-in-one characters.

BTW, the trainers you can choose are Red and Leaf (both from 1st Gen), Hilbert and Hilda (5th Gen), and Lucas and Dawn (4th Gen).

Misc. Modern Franchises
  1. Olimar & Pikmin
  2. Little Mac
  3. Isaac
  4. Starfy
  5. Shulk

Retro Franchises
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. R.O.B.
  3. Mr. Game & Watch
  4. Duck Hunt Dog
  5. Sukapon

Third Party Franchises - None[/COLLAPSE]

Dang, I feel useless on this thread these days. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

That was a great point SSBF. In Melee, #1 was Bowser. In Brawl, Sonic was #1. Both got in. I think most likely the next #1 character will be either Mewtwo, Mega Man, Ridley, Victini, Zoroark, or K. Rool. That or some new "hot topic" character that is really big then that we perhaps don't know about or we aren't paying much attention to right now.

Even if the #1 poll result character was a third-party character (including companies), 3rd party companies this economy are dying for more exposure and marketing. Free marketing in a mega hit series like smash bros is a recession-proof strategy. If the Sonic franchise gained from Smash Bros.' exposure, any 3rd party franchise can gain from it.
Mewtwo I would say is the most likely, thought Mega Man, K. Rool, and Ridley are also possibilities. Victini and Zoroark on the other hand, will definitely not become the most wanted character period for SSB4 (as much as I'd love to see Victini reach #1). Neither have a general consensus like the other four you suggest and it will likely remain that way for the rest of SSB4 development. But if of course Victini/Zoroark reached #1 and the vice versa has already made the cut, it gives us two 5th gen reps.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You? Useless? You haven't met me yet then :laugh:

I really love that idea you had for Pokemon, especially since and I personally don't have much complaint for your roster (except for no third-parties, but then again, that's just me and plus there's no guarantee we're getting any third parties anyway, new or returning)

So, overall, maybe a A-? :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why would Diddy be an unlockable? And not Dixie and K.Rool? And if Sheik is seperate from Zelda, why not have Impa? And I really don't want Dr.Mario back, not above Mewtwo at the very least. Dr.Mario cannot be Luigified anyway, cause he is Mario. Also, I don't think you can count for the Duck Hunt Dog either.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Watched Marvel Vs Capcom-videos again, and thought:

Y NO NINTENDO X CAPCOM!???

i mean, SMASH BROS + VS CAPCOM

BEST. FIGHTING. GAME. EVER!

/End crazy post

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I know, but it would just seriously ROCK. I executed right, best fighting game crossover ever. Hands. Down.

^(-;[ ];-)^

Protoman Vs Meta Knight

Pit Vs Arthur

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Young Horsetail: Badass Warriors who fight creatures, including undead, with weapons and various items. They aren't that far off from eachother. They both can use a Whip, a Cross, Potions, a stabbing weapon...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nothing else that would work? what about including syringes, stethoscopes and defibrilators to his movesets

theres so many doctor related things that could help Dr. Mario being original
Sorry but I always found the idea of Dr. Mario using medical equipment awful. The fact people keep suggesting those ideas make me not want Dr. Mario in any future Smash games. How about using actual content from Dr. Mario games? Could he simply throw Viruses? Red ones (Fever) burn enemies. Blue ones (Chill) freeze enemies. Yellow ones (Weird) confuse enemies... think Mewtwo's down B move in Melee. There's no need for B.S. like syringes, defibrilators, and stethoscopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom