• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nothing else that would work? what about including syringes, stethoscopes and defibrilators to his movesets

theres so many doctor related things that could help Dr. Mario being original
Which of all of that is actually relevant to Dr.Mario both as a game and as a character? I don't see why he should make it back, he's thusfar been the only real filler character in Smash, why would anyone want that??

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Which of all of that is actually relevant to Dr.Mario both as a game and as a character? I don't see why he should make it back, he's thusfar been the only real filler character in Smash, why would anyone want that??

Exactly. For example, when coming up with a moveset for Duck Hunt Dog... I made sure to include content from Duck Hunt games.

B - Duck (dog releases duck, you take control of a duck, hunter shoots it when you release B button)

Side B - Clay Pigeon (dog throws a white frisbee, hunter shoots it when you release B button)

Up B - Fly Away (dog flies with two ducks)

Down B - Laugh (dog faces the screen and laughs, hunter tries to shoot the dog but shoots the opponent in front of dog... works like Jigglypuff's Rest)

Final Smash - Open Season (you take control of hunter and you have three shots, each one hit KO.. try shooting your opponents with all those ducks flying all over the screen)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sorry but I always found the idea of Dr. Mario using medical equipment awful. The fact people keep suggesting those ideas make me not want Dr. Mario in any future Smash games. How about using actual content from Dr. Mario games? Could he simply throw Viruses? Red ones (Fever) burn enemies. Blue ones (Chill) freeze enemies. Yellow ones (Weird) confuse enemies... think Mewtwo's down B move in Melee. There's no need for B.S. like syringes, defibrilators, and stethoscopes.

I dunno about you, but I'd love to use a defibrilator in Smash

Thino

Smash Master
Sorry but I always found the idea of Dr. Mario using medical equipment awful. The fact people keep suggesting those ideas make me not want Dr. Mario in any future Smash games. How about using actual content from Dr. Mario games? Could he simply throw Viruses? Red ones (Fever) burn enemies. Blue ones (Chill) freeze enemies. Yellow ones (Weird) confuse enemies... think Mewtwo's down B move in Melee. There's no need for B.S. like syringes, defibrilators, and stethoscopes.

I respect your opinion, those are good ideas too.

But it's still realistic to think characters can get moves that don't necessarily come from the game they come from, like Captain Falcon for example

Its not that moveset have to be relevant to the series they come from necessarily like I mentioned above, it's cool if they do, but previous installments of Smash proves us they dont have to.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Falcon is the sole exception that's respectable, yet he still has Falcon Kick. It's not much, but it works. Fox's B moves also work well enough as StarFox based with the lasers and Down B.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@JavaCroc: Here are my complaints, regarding your roster...

Donkey Kong
Why would you make Diddy an unlockable, while Dixie and K. Rool are starters?! It should be the other way around.

The Legend of Zelda
I don't Zelda and Sheik being separate entities. Sorry.

Kirby
Odds are, Meta Knight will stay as a starter.

Pokemon
Charizard isn't all that impressive without the Pokemon Trainer. Also, the lack of Zoroark makes me sad.

Kid Icarus
Palutena should be considered before Medusa.

Wario
I don't think Wario's series will get anyone else.

Puzzle League
What's the point of having Dr. Mario as a separate entity?! He's better off as Mario's alternate outfit.

Retro
The Duck Hunt Dog is probably one of the WTH characters. Regarding Sukapon, Sakurai pretty much shot it down. However, it's not that unusual for him to pull out a surprise from time to time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I respect your opinion, those are good ideas too.

But it's still realistic to think characters can get moves that don't necessarily come from thoe game they come from, like Captain Falcon for example
There are nothing in F-Zero that could work in a moveset besides Captain Falcon's Final Smash. I will give him a pass but not Dr. Mario.

Dr. Mario has some content that could be incorporated into a moveset and yet people choose to ignore them and suggest B.S. like a defibrilator simply for the sake of having Dr. Mario playable in a Smash game again. I was a fan of Dr. Mario before he showed up in Melee. I knew the names of those Viruses back in the 90's. Fever, Chill, and Weird are the names of those Viruses... interestingly, they are the names of the songs in Dr. Mario as well. So, wouldn't it make sense to have the red Virus burn enemies (Fever), blue Virus freeze enemies (Chill), and yellow Virus make enemies feel sick (Weird) in addition to throwing Megavitamins instead of made-up stuff not featured in his games?

Whatever, Dr. Mario had his time in the limelight in Melee... I don't need to play as him again. You will play Melee again on the Wii U anyway. I want a brand new original recurring (not one-time) Mario character who is not based off Mario, Luigi, Peach, nor Bowser... like Toad!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Whatever, Dr. Mario had his time in the limelight in Melee... I don't need to play as him again. You will play Melee again on the Wii U anyway. I want a brand new original recurring (not one-time) Mario character who is not based off Mario, Luigi, Peach, nor Bowser... like Toad!
This is selfish and illogical as all hell

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario was a way to pad the roster number for Melee. He added nothing to the game. A costume idea is fine. Having pills instead of fireballs (same size, trajectory, damage) for the costume change is fine. Otherwise, he is a waste of design.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is selfish and illogical as all hell
If you truly want to play as Dr. Mario in a Smash game, go play Melee. Nobody is stopping you from doing that. You have that option. And you know damn well Wii U will have Gamecube games available on Virtual Console, meaning we will play Melee on the Wii U anyway.

I, on the other hand, am not able to play as Toad in a Smash game yet because I don't have that option like you do with your precious doctor. And you call me selfish. Pot meets kettle, indeed.:rolleyes:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If you truly want to play as Dr. Mario in a Smash game, go play Melee. Nobody is stopping you from doing that. You have that option. And you know damn well Wii U will have Gamecube games available on Virtual Console, meaning we will play Melee on the Wii U anyway.

I, on the other hand, am not able to play as Toad in a Smash game yet because I don't have that option like you do with your precious doctor. And you call me selfish. Pot meets kettle, indeed.:rolleyes:

Do you feel the same about all cut melee vets? Just wondering.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Aight bro Imma have to break it down to ya:

1. Although I enjoyed playing as Doc in Melee, I don't really care about Doc all that much, I take up for any character if I feel like the arguments against them are poor regardless of my actual feelings towards them, same thing for Waluigi and others

2. I really despise when people say, "If you want to play So and So so bad, then why not just play the previous game?" Because, why should anyone have to limit themself to playing a game they've already played before if they want play as a particular character? For example, what if the successors have a new feature that I or others want to test out with this character, but we can't since they got cut for reasons unknown? Or what if I wasn't satisfied with the portrayal of him in the previous game, so I want to see improvements of this character in the next game? Think about that

3. Why cut a character for another character in the first place?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you feel the same about all cut melee vets? Just wondering.

Yeah, pretty much. Instead of focusing on what we lost, how about focusing on what we gained in Brawl? How about focusing on what we may gain in SSB4 instead of focusing on what we may lose in SSB4? All games have roster cuts anyway, why should Smash be any different? I want a sequel, not an expansion. I want to experience as many characters and stages as possible... if it meant letting go of our favorites, so be it. We will always find new favorites no matter what.

Think about it... if Brawl had all the characters, stages, and little other things from SSB64 and Melee in addition to what we got in Brawl, what's the point in us going back to playing those two games? What's the point of having them available on Virtual Console then?

If SSB4 had everything from Brawl in addition to whatever new content it may get, what's the point in going back to Brawl? Why would I want to go back to Brawl if SSB4 has everything Brawl had and more? Gimme reasons why I should go replay Brawl when SSB4 has everything Brawl has and more!

It's the same reason I still replay old Mario Kart games even though I have Mario Kart 7. Those old games have characters, race tracks, and items I like but they aren't in Mario Kart 7. So because of that, I end up loving all of the games instead of loving only the newest game at the time.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
3. Why cut a character for another character in the first place?
The reason is that Dr. Mario was added to pad the roster. That was his only purpose. No time should be wasted balancing/testing his character that could be used for another new character that does add something new to the game.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The reason is that Dr. Mario was added to pad the roster. That was his only purpose. No time should be wasted balancing/testing his character that could be used for another new character that does add something new to the game.
Although I was speaking in general terms, true, very true. I hadn't thought of that

Both of you are being stupid.

afk
I might be a crackhead, but, believe me, I have reasons for everything I say and I know what I'm talking about; I don't ramble

I'm not the greatest debater in history, but as long as you understand my points and we can get a decent discussion out of it, then I feel like I've done my job right

I apologize if I sounded rude BTW Arcadenik; I'm not normally like this but I just wanted to get my point across, nah mean?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I agree with metal. He does know what he speaks of. But I do agree with Arcadenik. Metal, you have to think about how additions work. For example, adding generation 5 pkmn instead of generation 1 pkmn would make players happer. In otherwords Sandslash<Zoroark, for example.

But the thing I disagree with Arcadenik is the addition of characters, like Dr. Mario, having no gain. Bro, you must be nuts if you think that. Otherwise, no one would bother voting for him to come back. Just logic sense, really. Look at SSBF's poll. Mewtwo has a HUGE advatage on everyone (last time I checked). Popularity always goes first, but revelance is important, too. Ghiriam (LoZ Skyward, dunno how to spell his name), and Victini (Pokemon) are two great examples. Also, it's common knowledge that this game will stay with the future. Sakurai wouldn't rail SSB4 by fusing 1, 2, and 3 to make a game.

D

Deleted member

@Arcadenik: The gameplay mechanics or nostalgia you have for the previous game. You could bring back all the content from Brawl and just add on to content and still prefer Brawl due to the gameplay mechanic. Most people who prefer Melee now would still prefer Melee to Brawl even if all Melee content transfer due to their preference for Melee gameplay. Also, some people may not have access to Wii-U's online and as such, can't play Melee, so they want to see cut vets like Roy or Mewtwo return (especially if they no longer have a Gamecube).

As for cuts on characters, Sakurai has shown hesistation in cutting characters. Otherwise, Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, and possibly other vets would have never been planned for Brawl. The only documented case in which there was planned cutting was Pichu and that had to do with him being hated in Melee. Also remember that almost half of Melee's roster was added in to beef up the roster, making cutting easier to do, whereas Brawl's roster was made from the ground up. If there are cuts, it will likely be only 1-2 characters at best.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Although I was speaking in general terms, true, very true. I hadn't thought of that

I might be a crackhead, but, believe me, I have reasons for everything I say and I know what I'm talking about; I don't ramble

I'm not the greatest debater in history, but as long as you understand my points and we can get a decent discussion out of it, then I feel like I've done my job right

I apologize if I sounded rude BTW Arcadenik; I'm not normally like this but I just wanted to get my point across, nah mean?
No worries, I may have gotten a bit defensive there.. I apologize for that but unlike xIblisx I didn't feel you were rude to me... To quote Stephanie Tanner, "how rude!"

It's just that I feel its pointless to expect that we would get everything we got in the last three games in Smash 4. It's impossible to please everyone without alienating anyone. I figure I might as well embrace cuts (within reason) whatever they may be because I know I will get something else new anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As for cuts on characters, Sakurai has shown hesistation in cutting characters. Otherwise, Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, and possibly other vets would have never been planned for Brawl. The only documented case in which there was planned cutting was Pichu and that had to do with him being hated in Melee. Also remember that almost half of Melee's roster was added in to beef up the roster, making cutting easier to do, whereas Brawl's roster was made from the ground up. If there are cuts, it will likely be only 1-2 characters at best.
The way I see it, I don't see any characters, in everyone's definition, that will be booted. Example: Lucario, crown of the 4th gen, and popular pkmn as of now. I see no reason to give him the boot, other than to make room.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No worries, I may have gotten a bit defensive there.. I apologize for that but unlike xIblisx I didn't feel you were rude to me... To quote Stephanie Tanner, "how rude!"

It's just that I feel its pointless to expect that we would get everything we got in the last three games in Smash 4. It's impossible to please everyone without alienating anyone. I figure I might as well embrace cuts (within reason) whatever they may be because I know I will get something else new anyway.

Well, I agree there, but I personally don't expect everything to come back. Personally, I mostly just want Mewtwo back because, well, he was unique and brought something to the table and I feel like he didn't deserve to be cut

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But ultimately they got cut. I'm beginning to think it wasn't hesitation on Sakurai's part, but more like they were back-up additions in case he needed to make the roster bigger on a short notice. It would certainly explain Jigglypuff's late addition and her placement in the Brawl data.

----

Umm... Toad for SSB4! Meowth for SSB4! Dixie Kong for SSB4! Tingle for SSB4! Palutena for SSB4! Starfy for SSB4! Duck Hunt Dog for SSB4! :)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hypothetical Question: If they put in a character to represent DS applications, who would it be? I'd put in the Flipnote Frog. A guy on Youtube actually made a pretty good moveset for him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Disregard this double post. It was a copy of the above post.

Umm... Toad for SSB4! Meowth for SSB4! Dixie Kong for SSB4! Tingle for SSB4! Palutena for SSB4! Starfy for SSB4! Duck Hunt Dog for SSB4! :)

Do we even have the option to delete our own posts?
The line was awesome, except the last one :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Disregard this double post. It was a copy of the above post.

Do we even have the option to delete our own posts?
Off-Topic: Only moderators can delete posts.

On-Topic: I support Dixie and Starfy. Duck Hunt Dog would be a WTH character, especially when you consider that the ducks could be Assist Trophies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
About the playable Mii character we may get in SSB4... I'm kinda hoping to see Wandering Heroes (cats, dogs, and rabbits) as an Assist Trophy where they would run around slashing your enemies with their swords... and I would like to see the Ultimate Ghost appear as a boss. They are from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii. All these in addition to a stage based off Wii Sports Resort... Wuhu Island... that would make my inner casual fan happy.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
About the playable Mii character we may get in SSB4... I'm kinda hoping to see Wandering Heroes (cats, dogs, and rabbits) as an Assist Trophy where they would run around slashing your enemies with their swords... and I would like to see the Ultimate Ghost appear as a boss. They are from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii. All these in addition to a stage based off Wii Sports Resort... Wuhu Island... that would make my inner casual fan happy.

I actually really like this idea. I just want to know why the ultimate ghost instead of the dark lord.
ultimate ghost for playable char in ssb4

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm so glad that Hoots opened up.

Layton will always be on my level 5 m8.

Its interesting that with so many characters to choose from, there's still a huge focus on Mario characters. Go Starphoe...

Tell my life story why dontcha, I know that to be legit XD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I agree there, but I personally don't expect everything to come back. Personally, I mostly just want Mewtwo back because, well, he was unique and brought something to the table and I feel like he didn't deserve to be cut
I feel your pain. The problem is, the 1st generation got too much representation in Brawl. The other generations need some love too.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well there's Deoxys...

Not to mention a multitude of neat G/S manz that were overlooked, I guess they didn't represent the franchise well enough.

What I'm saying is Pokemon has degenerated to flavor of the month.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well there's Deoxys...

Not to mention a multitude of neat G/S manz that were overlooked, I guess they didn't represent the franchise well enough.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up, bro. What do you mean by degenerated? Pokemon had excellent choices in Brawl. (or am I reading this wrong?)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well there's Deoxys...

Well I did input my thoughts on Deoxys. However, the system is flawed in that you'd have to transform multiple times to get the form you want.

Pichu's only purpose was to represent the baby Pokemon. Of course, one idea for representing generations 2 and 3 is to have a Pokemon Trainer who uses Pichu, Jigglypuff, and a 3rd generation Pokemon (preferably, Gardevoir). By doing that, it could help Lucario, along with bringing forth Zoroark (or even Victini if you're one of them Victini lovers).

Sadly, I never did put much thought with Mewtwo, especially if one of the Pokemon Trainers specialize with the starter Pokemon, like the one in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom