• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Thanks Iblis for the link, but reading your post now... hmm... not so sure if I should bother reading the moveset. ;)

Anyways, I've onticed in the past that each game has added two retro characters - one available at start, and one hidden and usually a "WTF" character. What do people want for the next two new retro characters?
Agreed, it's definitely the trend; Pit/Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch/R.O.B.

I'd like something like Sukapon/Little Mac/Mach Rider

But for the wtf'er... I honestly would have to go with the Duck Hunt Dog... as weird and kind of... 'O RLY' a suggestion it is, that hound is just so iconic to gaming. He could use ducks in the moveset, like to fly, a flock lifts him up by grabbing onto him and flapping. Or tosses one out, uses clay pigeons as weapons, or even the Zapper. There's lots of potential.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well i rather have meowth than jigglypuff thats for sure. if not i rather get pichu back.

You rather have Pichu than Jigglypuff? Sorry to say it but Pichu was the most horrid character in Smash existance, if anything I'd rather see Jigglypuff back instead, and I'm really agaisnt her/him? coming back, even if she is part of the original 12.

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I'm not really eager about getting 5th gen pokemon into the next smash.
But I do hope for 1st gen :D

OmegaXXII

Also, found this pic about the Duck Hunt Dog as a character. Too cute not to post.

Wow, never imagined Dog Hunt looking that way, he even looks like he would 'fit' in Smash looking at those animations, generally the one holding the zapper, it looks interesting.

OmegaXXII

Actually Melee Kirby was the most horrid thing in smash history. Has the worse MU spread ever loses to Pichu too LOL.
Well I do know that Kirby was nerfed significantly from SBB64, but Pichu did self-inflicting damage along with being a clone is what really set me off.

@OmegaXVII: I think thats the third time that you've done that
Hmm...:confused:

reserk

Smash Cadet
Well I do know that Kirby was nerfed significantly from SBB64, but Pichu his self-inflicting damage along with being a clone is what really set me off.

Hmm...:confused:
well if thats the case either put meowth or mewtwo in and get rid of that stupid balloon. might as well give her air physics to kirby since we already have a pink puffball and we dont need a semi puffball like jigglypuff around.

D

Deleted member

Why do people want Jigglypuff gone? I don't understand the hate on him.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Is Jygglypuff still poppular in Japan? Because i remember a top 5 of the most poppular pokemon in japan before Pokemon Black & White was released, and that was something like:
1-Arceus
2-Darkrai
3-Deoxys
4-Pikachu
5-Meowth

OmegaXXII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fon3Rv1SW1Q&feature=related

It probably wasn't actually you that did this, I was simply referring to

Actually, at that point in time it might have been very appropriate to have meowth, just to remedy that annoying situation.
It would have made sense to have included Meowth in Brawl since Jiggs was close to the cutting board but that's just in the past, but I wouldn't mind seeing him over Jiggs this time around, but his chances over Zoroark and Victini aren't all that great.

Also, I always like to quote people in full, maybe I should start collapsing images :/

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Why do people want Jigglypuff gone? I don't understand the hate on him.
Mainly because it's only in Smash because it's in Smash already. Sakurai originally added it as a joke character and liked it... there's so many more important pokemon that could be in. And Jigglypuff being present takes time and money meaning that they couldn't spend the time developing a more deserving character.

Meowth- Popular anime pokemon.
Mewtwo- First villainous legendary. First movie boss. Popular, one of a kind legendary.
Genesect- New generation of mewtwo.
Zoroark/Victini- New generation representative, appealing.
Deoxys/Darkrai- Popular legendary.
Another Trainer- Obvious reasons.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Sakurai want to finish Kid Icarus first , don't worry unless Nintendo want a giant revolution by their fans there will be a super smash bros wii u and 3DS ;)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
SSB4/3DS is coming... it just isn't going to get started until Icarus is done. So, basically, expect it around 2013 or 2014, not 2011 or 2012.

OmegaXXII

nLiM8d;12932446@ OmegaXVII: During Brawl? Would he seriously have been makin waves? I don't want to include my personal bias said:
Puff[/B].

Well to tell you the truth, meowth would have definetly taken the series by storm, he was and is one of the most requested Pokemon around, he's even been acknowledged by Sakurai as one of the most important Pokemon according to the DOJO.

As to why he hasn't been included still puzzles me, as for Jiggs well let's just say she really isn't taken seriously as she once was.

What are you talking about? Of course there is, it was announced at e3, but development is still pending until October 2011. The game is expected between 2013 or 2014.

D

Deleted member

Mainly because it's only in Smash because it's in Smash already. Sakurai originally added it as a joke character and liked it... there's so many more important pokemon that could be in. And Jigglypuff being present takes time and money meaning that they couldn't spend the time developing a more deserving character.

Meowth- Popular anime pokemon.
Mewtwo- First villainous legendary. First movie boss. Popular, one of a kind legendary.
Genesect- New generation of mewtwo.
Zoroark/Victini- New generation representative, appealing.
Deoxys/Darkrai- Popular legendary.
Another Trainer- Obvious reasons.
At least Jigglypuff has fighting potentials unlike Pichu and isn't a clone. IMO, if any character should be removed, it should be clones. That's why I'm heavily against Lucario's and especially this character removal. The fact that he's been in three games shows that he's more then a joke character.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Also, love the idea of Team Rocket being playable. Back in the day well over a decade ago I was the biggest Team Rocket fanboy. I stopped watching the anime into gen2, so I'm not that familiar with what has happened since then, but I feel like more generations could be represented in addition to Meowth. I know James had a Cacnea which is one of my favorite pokemons, so that would be cool.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if Team Rocket gets in, they're going to have the original three pokemon from back in the days of Yellow; Meowth, Weezing and Arbok.

N's Pokemon? How about Zoroark, Reshiram (the white fire-dragon), and Zekrom (the black electric-dragon) with Victini as Final Smash?.
I have a hard time seeing this without them all being super over-powered. I hate using this argument, but still. Anyway I highly doubt N will be considered, anyway.

I still hope that Meowth will be playable this time, though... it is the only 1st gen Pokemon (who is not Pikachu) that is still relevant in the anime and shows up in all 14 movies.
Also, hoping that Sakurai's love for cats may influence him to add Meowth. LOL
I don't think that what's relevant to the anime means that much. After all, we got Red with a squirtle starter, not Ash. What we need more is later gen reps, not first gen.

Neither Mewtwo, nor Lucario will return. Zoroark will be in their place.
That's pretty clear. Not only is he relevant as of now, he'd be the easiest to replace Lucario with since they have similar anatomy and probably similar moves, the same way Lucario's moveset was similar to Mewtwo's.

One flaw I just realized in the Zoroark theory we all have.
One of it's core tenants is that Zoroark is the big marketable pokemon of G5. He was in a movie shortly before B&W were released, for example, much like how Lucario was for G4.

But what if that changes over the next two/three years before SSB4 is released? Genesect hasn't been "officially" unveiled yet by Nintendo, and so is presumably going to be featured in a future movie. That would mean it would become the "hot" Pokemon in marketing.... and Genesect looks VERY "smashable".
See my earlier argument. It's easier to fit Zoroark in there, and let's face it; Genesect doesn't look cute or fluffy in any way and will probably appear as a villain pokemon of sorts because of it. Plus his appearance will obviously limit his popularity.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I don't mean to be a ****, but did anyone else find it hilarious that the "news" that there would be no new Smash Bros was posted by 2 people I've never seen before? Also, why are journalists such ****ing idiots?

OmegaXXII

I think it's because of Pokemon Trainer, I guess since they all have a leading role in the pokemon games, people tend to overlook Team Rocket.

Personally if Sakurai took a different approach to choosing a trainer I'd say Team Rocket would definetly be a wise choice.

I ****** want Giovanni!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm kind of surprised how receptive people are being with this Team Rocket idea. Are you just entertaining the thought? BECAUSE TO ME "UNLIKELY" WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT FOR THEM...

Also, i FINALLY FOUND some Animal Crossing footage from E3, and now I'm really hoping for the return/revision of Smashville. Yehs.

OmegaXXII

Better yet, another Tom Nook or.... Maybe not.

Not to hyped about Animal Crossing, but Smashville was definetly one of the best Brawl stages it had to offer.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not to hyped about Animal Crossing, but Smashville was definetly one of the best Brawl stages it had to offer.
It'd be even better if the stage changed with the seasons, and the characters in the background actually reacted to the fight instead of just playing random animations. I just hope it always stays like a Final Destination but with "atmosphere," lol.

...Maybe weather effects could (RARELY) occur randomly?

I wish Smashville was part of Animal Crossing canon so I could fish up all the Links and Nesses that couldn't get back to the stage. :p

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
It'd be even better if the stage changed with the seasons, and the characters in the background actually reacted to the fight instead of just playing random animations. I just hope it always stays like a Final Destination but with "atmosphere," lol.

...Maybe weather effects could (RARELY) occur randomly?

I wish Smashville was part of Animal Crossing canon so I could fish up all the Links and Nesses that couldn't get back to the stage. :p
Why random weather? The Wii had a weather channel, so the Wii U could probably create weather in game that matches the weather outside.

OmegaXXII

That's another feature that should be incorporated into smash, little things such as those would definetly make it much more enjoyable than say Yoshi's Four Seasons.

A rain based arena would be nice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why random weather? The Wii had a weather channel, so the Wii U could probably create weather in game that matches the weather outside.
Probably. But I'm sure a lot of people would get sick of that, lol. I figured that's why Animal Crossing: City Folk didn't try that. In some places it probably rains/snows so much that players would really just like to play a game and forget about it.

Also they'd catch too many Coelocanths if it wasn't random. >8OOO
(FORTHOSEWHODONTKNOWcoelocanthwereararefishthatcouldonlybecaughtinrain/snow)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Damn it, just when this place was okay, stupid comments came back. :urg:

Don't be a ******, actually do more research. Don't make an end all to be all statement before you get the same response from multiple reliable sources. :glare:

Nintendo said development is in October of this year.

SSB4/3DS is coming... it just isn't going to get started until Icarus is done. So, basically, expect it around 2013 or 2014, not 2011 or 2012.
This. Why are people so behind?

That's pretty clear. Not only is he relevant as of now, he'd be the easiest to replace Lucario with since they have similar anatomy and probably similar moves, the same way Lucario's moveset was similar to Mewtwo's.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU- After all the times we went over Mewtwo vs. Lucario everyone here would know Lucario and Mewtwo only share one damn move. Please watch a video of the two said characters and then tell me that again. Do you even know the mechanics behind Aura besides it being a blue coloring??

:glare: I expect better from you dog. Idc if we are homies. Do your homework son before you make a conclusion. :glare:

@Weather corresponding to the weather outside: That's an amazing Idea! We have texture hacks that resemble elements like rain, falling Sakura blossoms, etc.

OmegaXXII

xIblisx said:
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU- After all the times we went over Mewtwo vs. Lucario everyone here would know Lucario and Mewtwo only share one damn move. Please watch a video of the two said characters and then tell me that again. Do you even know the mechanics behind Aura besides it being a blue coloring??
Speak for yourself, I never ****i** said this bull****!

I demand you link me to this NOW!!!

EDIT: Of course I know the freakin mechanics over this, Lucario has fighting based moves while Mewtwo focuses more on range, Aura's have different properties as well, Ive talked about this topic to death, I DON'T need a lecture over this! :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom