• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Okay... if the dog hits fighters with a duck. I'm sold. That would be hilarious.

Unfortunately, I don't think they'd be that clever because usually they aren't.
That would certainly be hillarious. And he should be able to use TWO ducks from time to time. :p

Heck, why not throw ducks at opponents until they're taken down? You know, like Waddle Dees.

Duck Hunt Dog was perhaps the 2nd video game character I knew. I have a really soft spot for him. I don't really have him in my top 7, but if they included him I'd be really really happy.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL wtf, why did the quoting system mess up? Sorry Omega. Idk how this is happening.

@The person it was meant to be for: Read it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
just click the arrow by your name and will take you back to your post.
No it's not!, please don't make this assumption again, also I edited my previous post so READ! :glare:

EDIT: Okay, nevermind but whoever posted that should learn to play as both Lucario and Mewtwo before making such assumptions, Im gonna stray from topic though....

More on stages

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ON STAGES:

I've had an idea for a Murasame Castle stage for Takamaru, but I'm not sure whether or not you should actually fight ON the castle or if the castle should be in the background. Japanese castles definitely have an interesting shape, but there are probably more fun (and more visually pleasing) things you could do if the castle were in the background instead.

I just know I want it so that it's a beautiful traditional Japanese landscape, that suddenly turns nightmarish after lightning strikes the castle. Bones everywhere, burning trees, rivers flowing with blood (lol okay maybe Nintendo wouldn't go for that [Also, in the game the "red water" slowed you down]). ALSO just for even more love, invisible tanooki ...tankookies? could walk around the stage, and if you happened to hit one, it would become visible and drop an item. Just like in the game~

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That would be absolutely perfect. It would solve the debate between Zoroark and Victini and let us play as both along with two other legendary Pokemon characters. I would definitely support something like that.

Also, I agree that Meowth should be playable, however, I'm not sure if I want him more, Mewtwo to return, or Lucario to keep his position.
Mewtwo wont return......trust me....any of the forbidden 7 won't return....it will look ******** to see some character who were removed....come back to SSB4....why were they removed in the first place ask yourself the question (time strains) ? I don't think Sakurai is a guy who keeps looking in the past....for anyone hoping for a character to come back you better be ready for disappointment because it's a very slim chance for comeback....I believe Sakurai will take brawl as a start....and believe me your best SSB game (Melee) is considered the worst mistake to Masahiro Sakurai and I don't think he want to have a reminder.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Mewtwo wont return......trust me....any of the forbidden 7 won't return....it will look ******** to see some character who were removed....come back to SSB4....why were they removed in the first place ask yourself the question (time strains) ? I don't think Sakurai is a guy who keeps looking in the past....for anyone hoping for a character to come back you better be ready for disappointment because it's a very slim chance for comeback....I believe Sakurai will take brawl as a start....and believe me your best SSB game (Melee) is considered the worst mistake to Masahiro Sakurai and I don't think he want to have a reminder.
Pit (used to be), GnW, ROB, ICs, are the past. It's not stupid to bring back past characters if they have high demand. It's stupid to remove characters in high demand. Like removing Sonic. Brawl was on a time crunch.

No Melee isn't considered his worst mistake LOL. He said his working hours he spend on it was his worst mistake. He has actual help this time making and balancing characters so a "Melee Work Schedule" won't ever happened again.

OmegaXXII

It may look kinda of dumb on Sakurai's end, but that doesn't mean fans won't take Mewtwo back if they were given the chance, personally Id rather not talk about Mewtwo any longer.

How about more stages, I know you suggested an FE stage for Ike, I think you mentioned something about Phoenicis flying on a stage or something like that.

D

Deleted member

Um, was this lecture necessary?

I never said anything about Mewtwo having a good chance of coming back (I would put his chances at 40%) and I understand that there are factors going against him. All I said was that I was trying to decide between having him back, Lucario staying, or Meowth being playable.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Pit (used to be), GnW, ROB, ICs, are the past. It's not stupid to bring back past characters if they have high demand. It's stupid to remove characters in high demand. Like removing Sonic. Brawl was on a time crunch.

No Melee isn't considered his worst mistake LOL. He said his working hours he spend on it was his worst mistake. He has actual help this time making and balancing characters so a "Melee Work Schedule" won't ever happened again.
LOL my ***....Like he will say it plainly "My worst mistake is ****ing Melee" because he will never do that....but whatever he said he refers that melee is his worst mistake....he put his full potential in this game.....too much work for himself....I bet he wished that melee were like Brawl because no one will complain if he was moved from a good house to a better house in the same block....but moving from melee to brawl is like moving from heaven to hell for some gamers (no for me it's the other way around for me).....Brawl potentially is way better than melee (IMO).....and when I mean past I didn't mean retro characters.... I meat characters who were removed and barely were noticable....

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL my ***....Like he will say it plainly "My worst mistake is ****ing Melee" because he will never do that....but whatever he said he refers that melee is his worst mistake....he put his full potential in this game.....too much work for himself....I bet he wished that melee were like Brawl because no one will complain if he was moved a good house to a better house in the same block....but moving from melee to brawl is like moving from heaven to hell for some gamers (no for me it's the other way around for me).....Brawl potentially is way better than melee (IMO).....and when I mean past I didn't mean retro characters.... I meat character who were removed and barely were noticable....
You are heavily misinterpreting the article, but I from reading this it seems you are going to be thick-headed about it so I really don't see much point in continuing with this. "I worked on that game for 13 months straight, after all, without a single Sunday or holiday off that whole time. During parts of it, I was living a really destructive lifestyle - I'd work for over 40 hours in a row, then go back home to sleep for four." Is the probably the quote you are getting confused at. Sakurai mentions Melee being too difficult a lot but never says it was a mistake. I would say it was difficult, if I basically spent a year of my life making a video game LOL. (Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-08-smash-bros-melee-was-too-difficult? )

You must want Air Tripping :awesome: and I guess Mewtwo wasn't noticeable.

It's one thing to misinterpret something but then to act like condescending about it is a whole other thing.

ANYWAYS onto a topic that won't hurt my head, the stages. Do you think a stage from Skyward Sword or that other New Zelda game will be in SSB4?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Um, was this lecture necessary?

I never said anything about Mewtwo having a good chance of coming back (I would put his chances at 40%) and I understand that there are factors going against him. All I said was that I was trying to decide between having him back, Lucario staying, or Meowth being playable.
I'm sorry if I sounded a bit harsh on you SSBF....but you know I'm quite sensitive when it comes to games I know very,very,very,very much....like Fire Emblem, Pokemon....I know these games like the back of my hand I played every single game released for these two franchises...infact they are my favorite franchises (to me >>>> Mario and Zelda)....so I know how important Mewtwo Pokemon and he isn't as much as he used to be.....

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You are heavily misinterpreting the article, but I from reading this it seems you are going to be thick-headed about it so I really don't see much point in continuing with this. "I worked on that game for 13 months straight, after all, without a single Sunday or holiday off that whole time. During parts of it, I was living a really destructive lifestyle - I'd work for over 40 hours in a row, then go back home to sleep for four." Is the probably the quote you are getting confused at. Sakurai mentions Melee being too difficult a lot but never says it was a mistake. I would say it was difficult, if I basically spent a year of my life making a video game LOL.

You must want Air Tripping :awesome: and I guess Mewtwo wasn't noticeable.

It's one thing to misinterpret something but then to act like condescending about it is a whole other thing.

ANYWAYS onto a topic that won't hurt my head, the stages. Do you think a stage from Skyward Sword or that other New Zelda game will be in SSB4?

Well no wonder you will defend your favorite game ....Fox mainer ...where fox was a top tier character...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I felt this needed a new post.

You are heavily misinterpreting the article, but I from reading this it seems you are going to be thick-headed about it so I really don't see much point in continuing with this.

"I worked on that game for 13 months straight, after all, without a single Sunday or holiday off that whole time. During parts of it, I was living a really destructive lifestyle - I'd work for over 40 hours in a row, then go back home to sleep for four." Is the probably the quote you are getting confused at. Sakurai mentions Melee being too difficult a lot but never says it was a mistake. I would say it was difficult, if I basically spent a year of my life making a video game LOL. (Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-08-smash-bros-melee-was-too-difficult? ) "While he might have overdone it with the difficulty curve, Sakurai went on to explain that he's still a big fan of his 2001 masterpiece." (source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_ssbm_gc )

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it's because of Pokemon Trainer, I guess since they all have a leading role in the pokemon games, people tend to overlook Team Rocket.

Personally if Sakurai took a different approach to choosing a trainer I'd say Team Rocket would definetly be a wise choice.

I ****** want Giovanni!
Personally, I'm fine with a protagonist type Pokemon Trainer.

I don't ever recall Mewtwo ever relying on his tail to attack anything... /=
It can learn Iron Tail before generation 5. Aqua Tail is another tail-based move it can learn, via, a move tutor.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think music of stages should be remixed to be a pleasant fighting tune if it isn't already.

I hate over half of smashville's music. Specifically ROOST and Tom's Nook store.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I think music of stages should be remixed to be a pleasant fighting tune if it isn't already.

I hate over half of smashville's music. Specifically ROOST and Tom's Nook store.
I think it has this kindof... ironic feel to it, and I enjoy that. People beating the **** out of eachother with this mellow/"cute" music playing.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I kind of feel like, with Smash, Nintendo would never let you use YOUR filthy music when they put so much work into giving you so many songs. Wouldn't let you just NOT LISTEN to the music they made.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I kind of feel like, with Smash, Nintendo would never let you use YOUR filthy music when they put so much work into giving you so many songs. Wouldn't let you just NOT LISTEN to the music they made.
I honestly agree. I mean, there's a select few songs from the custom brstrm's thread that I've found I like and that fit in Smash, Otherworld from Final Fantasy X being one of them... Other than that, I dig the Smash soundtrack.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Customizable music option is easily manageable. It's simple, if you want to listen to the original soundtrack, don't change it.

If they don't make it happen I'm sure local hackers will have down for people to use. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

I have to disagree. I feel the music should go along with the stage... so maybe only for custom stages should it be an option? Just my feelings.
For custom stages yes most definetly, but I think an in option wouldn't hurt anybody, on the contrary it would make it more exciting to add and tone a perfect song to any stage.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Customizable music option is easily manageable. It's simple, if you want to listen to the original soundtrack, don't change it.

If they don't make it happen I'm sure local hackers will have down for people to use. :awesome:
I'd rather not go watch a replay video and start hearing " Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor..."

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Turn off the volume or just not watch it? It's really not that hard of a concept.

If you like the original soundtrack made for the game, don't change or customize it. If you want to have your personal music, then change it.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Turn off the volume or just not watch it? It's really not that hard of a concept.

If you like the original soundtrack made for the game, don't change or customize it. If you want to have your personal music, then change it.
I just think it'd push back production time and I don't find it necessary. All the work that nintendo took to compose that soundtrack, just wasted. It doesn't feel right to me. Sorry if my opinion opposes yours, didn't know that wasn't allowed here.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol don't act victimized. I never said your opinion was invalid. I'm just saying having a customizable option doesn't effect the original soundtrack.

If you are going to act hurt about my comments regarding your opinions on a forum, where they are most likely to get criticized, like most opinions anywhere in the world, we can move to a new subject.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It wouldn't be THAT hard to implement. It's just I doubt they'd want to since they'd put so much work into their soundtrack, so they wouldn't even want you to have to option of NOT LISTENING TO IT.

Excite Truck had custom soundtracks, but that game desperately needed it since its music consisted of a single guitar riff, lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think it has this kindof... ironic feel to it, and I enjoy that. People beating the **** out of eachother with this mellow/"cute" music playing.
Cute/mellow music goes with yoshi's island. And i'm fine with that since the music ya still fight baddies in the game to it (probably...)

But tom's nook store is obnoxious sounding. Roost is..... Too slow. Its just gives off a boring vibe.

The music on Yoshi's Island at least had a beat to it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Awh, c'mon. >: I think the whole idea of Smashville was that they wanted it to feel relaxing, just like the Animal Crossing games, lol.

Also why are you listening to Tom Nook's and The Roost when you can have 2 AM all the way up on My Music.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Cause I have better songs over all those I can listen to :awesome:

Back to stages though, the chances of a Skyward Sword or that other Zelda Game for Wii U stage? I think it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom