• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wasn't asking for playable characters from those series, just music. That's all I'm interested in.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd imagine the same rules apply though, if they are third-party at least. No sense going through licensing just if a song is awesome. No One-Winged Angel or Guile Theme. :(
Hence why I wanted to see if they were first party or not. All I know is Xenoblade is definitely Nintendo's. The Last Story looks like it may go either way. I contacted Nintendo for some clarification on The Last Story's legal status.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Hence why I wanted to see if they were first party or not. All I know is Xenoblade is definitely Nintendo's. The Last Story looks like it may go either way. I contacted Nintendo for some clarification on The Last Story's legal status.
It'd be quite interesting if they were. I don't recall any other JRPG's made by Nintendo... I mean, not conventional ones anyway.

I know there's a large fan movement to localize these. Whats so special about them? I can't see anything amazing myself.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I can understand Roy and Pichu being clones and all, but what they can do is bring back clones they didn't bring back for Brawl and redo their movesets for Smash4. I dunno how they'll do this for Pichu, if possible though.
Perhaps they can reintroduce Pichu to represent the ''Pokemon Ranger'' series of games? Those games do have unique elements to them. Pichu can even sport the look and powers of the Ukulele Pichu from Guardian Signs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It'd be quite interesting if they were. I don't recall any other JRPG's made by Nintendo... I mean, not conventional ones anyway.

I know there's a large fan movement to localize these. Whats so special about them? I can't see anything amazing myself.
Mother is a controversial JRPG made by Nintendo that has localization issues

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Right. For Smash 4 I'm far more interested in the new franchises coming in rather than more characters from existing series.

Melee introduced 3(?): Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, G&W
Brawl had six new franchises: Sonic, Metal Gear, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Gyromite, and Warioware.
So 9 for Smash 4!

Legendary Starfy, Custom Robo, Megaman, Sin and Punishment, Dragon Quest, Punch Out!, Golden Sun, Murasame Castle, The Rolling Western.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wasn't asking for playable characters from those series, just music. That's all I'm interested in.
...D-do you have some favorite tracks from Joy Mech Fight? :3 I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LIST.

xIblisx said:
You make me want to research Ridley and make moveset for him. I can see his Side B being a Command Grab that allows you slam your opponent into the ground and rake them across the field. I could talk about it more but I'm too tired LOL.
Ridley has a lot to work with, IMO. Just having a dragon's body gives him so many ways to attack. I mean, Charizard used everything; from his head, claws, feet, wings, and tail. If he were Meta-Ridley that'd be even MORE stuff to work with... But I don't like his design so much. >8O

Anyway, I was thinking maybe his down throw would slam people into the ground, and then you could push left or right to drag them in that direction... Maybe his down special (in the air) could involve him moving downward like Bowser/Yoshi, but you'd be able to cancel out of it, just for the sake of increased air mobility. HE SHOULD BE KING OF THE AIR WITH JIGGLY AS HIS QUEEN. Actually maybe his side special could work in the same way. I'm sure it'll be better than ROCK SMASH.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
...D-do you have some favorite tracks from Joy Mech Fight? :3 I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A LIST.
I know nothing about that game. So I don't have anything, sorry.

Since when did I become Mr. Creativity? lol

I'm really against that western thing but idk anything about so I can't say anything
Considering it is Nintendo's newest series (with a potential "icon") in over a decade, I'm not going to be as hard on supporters of that series.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
As for as how'd he'd feel... probably mostly like Yoshi? Yoshi wasn't all that fast, had great airspeed, and his fallspeed would probably work for Ridley. He'd also have a range attack, and maybe something special to his grab game (I want to rake people across the ground!).

I DUNNO, does that all sound like it'd work/FIT? :/
Pretty agreed upon. I don't think being a real heavy-weight suits Ridley when you scale him down. He is rather skinny, does have a lot more avian influence in his design than a lot of dragons I've seen in fantasy mediums, and well let's face it; heavy animals don't really fly all that well.

Of course, knowing Sakurai he'll probably make him a heavyweight anyway. Bummer :|

Right. For Smash 4 I'm far more interested in the new franchises coming in rather than more characters from existing series.

Melee introduced 3(?): Fire Emblem, Ice Climbers, G&W
Brawl had six new franchises: Sonic, Metal Gear, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Gyromite, and Warioware.
Agreed in a sense. I really want Ridley in, other than that, I'm pretty open. I don't think we're going to have that many reps from already represented series, and I'm sure this time around Nintendo will concentrate on bringing new franchises into the mix. In fact, I can only really see Ridley and maybe K.Rool being added as new slots.
Of course with FE, Pokemon, etc. slots being given to new characters.

Steam

Smash Hero
Okay, I can't take away your opinion but it's base isn't factually right.

Does Mewtwo have a base power then it increases with every hit above 75% like Lucario's does?
lucario is weaker than base power when under 75% : I

damage aura starts increasing his power at 20% damage

also mewtwo just shakes his *** at things. lucario throws fire at things with his hands and feet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
lucario is weaker than base power when under 75% : I

damage aura starts increasing his power at 20% damage

also mewtwo just shakes his *** at things. lucario throws fire at things with his hands and feet.
I'm curious about the reference in your signature

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL, steam.

@Pyscho - Nooooooooooooo, that's my boy Willis. Don't take anything he said seriously. He is a figment of our imagination.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If you are a troll you can't show any emotion but Lol'ing at the group/person you are trolling. Which he failed to do haha, he got mad with my posts regarding him and my videos that described him LOL.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Dude, the guy was a very successful troll. He managed to piss everybody off to the point nobody wants to talk about him anymore.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Prettty sure he was just an idiot. If he had derailed the thread to the point it got closed, then maybe his idiocy could be considered a successful trolling?

ANYWAY I'M GOING TO TRY AND MAKE A JOY MECH FIGHT TRACK LIST. *FLEX* Although I have NO IDEA what a Joy Mech Fight stage would look like... It's an actual fighting game, so they're all just flat stages. ...With no walls. An endless scrolling background. You do fight on the moon at the end though...? OH, maybe the huge tower in the clouds...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He wouldn't be my son if he could do that. I haven't achieved that level of trolling but then again I don't find it fun to troll forums. Chats are so much funnier.

I would actually laugh if Smash had a SF like level. Only was to kill is star KO, to stop potential infinites, the walls on the stage automatically make you bounce off when hit near it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
You troll when you want to piss people off on purpose. So it's impossible to do it involuntarily.
Pretty sure the guy was a troll, since he was so successful at it.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
About the Giovanni deal: Pokemon trainer isn't exactly a popular, often seen named character either. So maybe the evil guy could just be sinister looking "Rocket member" or something and that'd allow plenty of freedom amongst the most iconic team rocket pokemons Meowth, Ekans/Arbok, Koffing/Weezing, Mewtwo, Persia, Nidoking, Lickitung...

As for my favorite 6 pokemons (out of 250 first ones i know well) any of who I'd like to see
-Poliwrath
-Kadabra
-Scyther
-Sandshrew (or Graveler/Golem)
-Arcanine
-Hitmonchan
(Beedrill and Magnemite otherwise but I cant see them working)

Oh and frankly I'd prefer Pokemon trainer if he had Bulbasaur, Blastoise and Charmeleon. Bulbasaur and Blastoise rule.

I just want Adventure Mode to be reduced to:

"Choose your character"
and go through a bunch of Nintendo inspired lands, and fight familiar enemies with him/her.

It sucked that I couldn't play as Sonic from the beginning of SSE for example, or Samus, or ROB. By the time I COULD play as them, I didn't want anything to do with the SSE again.
Agreed. The levels should just have more depth and challenge than the ones in Melee. It would be nice if there were like 2 or 3 alternatives for each level so it wouldn't be the same over and over. For example:
1. Mario stage (Mushroom world / Sewer / Water world)
2. Donkey Kong stage (Jungle / Ice cave / Mines)
3. Zelda stage
4. Metroid stage
Last stage (not counting possible hand) being either one or combined last Castle, Station, Ship segments where you face big villains or heroes (If Megaman is a new 3rd party character the multi-boss room is made for this)

Also make the stages resemble the games they're taken from instead of making them all just simple Mario versions. Metroid stage should have some hidden passageways and complexity while Zelda stage should involve RPG aspects (open 2d world (whatever that means) with a few people giving you quests, bad starting weapon and enemies, less usable attacks etc. and at the end of level you're a god (though this would suit Metroid too)). Pikmin stage involves herding pikmnins and so on.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I'm a visual kind of person so I threw this together for my plausible roster

Smash Bros. adding a character editor in which you can create say 5 Mii's that would have different attacks or maybe just the same attacks but different designs is just an idea for using Mii's but it could be 1 slot like the random slot.

I left a few options for some slots which I'm still debating about.

If your curious which of these characters I would leave out of the 3DS version probably the following which includes some of vets (including a few which I think would be harder to program so they got cut)

King K. Rool
Saki / Isa
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Krystal
Falco
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Takamaru
Other New Franchise
Sonic
Mega Man
Snake
Squeenix Rep

Not saying I think they wont have any 3rd parties in the 3DS game but I wouldn't be surprised if they were Wii U exclusive.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
About the Giovanni deal: Pokemon trainer isn't exactly a popular, often seen named character either.
Actually, if I remember correctly Pokemon Trainer was actually pretty requested back in the day. That was a long time ago though, so my memory might be fogged up.

Also make the stages resemble the games they're taken from instead of making them all just simple Mario versions. Metroid stage should have some hidden passageways and complexity while Zelda stage should involve RPG aspects (open 2d world (whatever that means) with a few people giving you quests, bad starting weapon and enemies, less usable attacks etc. and at the end of level you're a god (though this would suit Metroid too)). Pikmin stage involves herding pikmnins and so on.
I don't get it. Are you talking about stages or levels like in the SSE?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ooooh, I applaud your ORGANIZATION SKILLS. Baddies on the sides, nice. 55 total is a bit BIG, but at least you didn't stuff it with UNREASONABLE CHARACTER CHOICES.

Reyairia said:
Actually, if I remember correctly Pokemon Trainer was actually pretty requested back in the day. That was a long time ago though, so my memory might be fogged up.
I visited the "Red for Brawl" thread a few times, and it was mostly people ridiculing the idea. And no one imagined he'd turn out the way he did. (Okay, I think maybe ONE GUY hit on the idea, actually)

I remember one guy ended up having to put something embarrassing in his signature because he made a bet that Red wouldn't be playable, lol.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I visited the "Red for Brawl" thread a few times, and it was mostly people ridiculing the idea. And no one imagined he'd turn out the way he did. (Okay, I think maybe ONE GUY hit on the idea, actually)

I remember one guy ended up having to put something embarrassing in his signature because he made a bet that Red wouldn't be playable, lol.
Wasn't he really high up in a poll, going so far back as Melee, though? I kind of remember someone mentioning it at least a couple of times.

I don't mean in Smashboards, I mean overall.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know why, but it really irks me that it's "Pokemon Trainer" in Brawl. That's Red, straight from Gen III. At least people stopped calling him Ash. Blehh :/

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice

I don't get it. Are you talking about stages or levels like in the SSE?
Pokemon trainer as in "Pokemon trainer"? Because when I look at it I think people wanted Ash (or Red) but because of licensing it's not possible. So shouldn't Giovanni/JessieJamesatco be replaced with generic "Team Rocket"?

I'm talking about levels sorry. But now that I think about it it might not be all that impossible for a few stages either. A little more complex Metroid stage with breakable walls that recover and Zelda stage that "levels you up" don't sound half bad if done right. Or Pikmin stage that involves herding pikmin (maybe hurting different colored/other players' pikmins) so you get bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom