• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Ooooh, I applaud your ORGANIZATION SKILLS. Baddies on the sides, nice. 55 total is a bit BIG, but at least you didn't stuff it with UNREASONABLE CHARACTER CHOICES.
Thanks, glad someone noticed. I think an emphasis on the bad guys in SSB4 would be nice though in that case I'd also try to include a foe for MOTHER, F-Zero and maybe Fire Emblem.

I wasn't really thinking it was 55 but I also just realized you are probably talking about ZSS, Sheik and Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon choices rounding things out to 55 if you count Mii as a character as well.

In all honesty I made the 50 and arranged them and then realized I needed a spot for Random and maybe for Mii or a character editor so I just tossed that on the bottom rather than re-arrange things again.

Regarding Pokemon Trainer not being called Red, I guess Sakurai and company thought it was better not to name the trainer since you can name him yourself or wanted to keep it generic but they should call him Red because that is Red.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Pokemon trainer as in "Pokemon trainer"? Because when I look at it I think people wanted Ash (or Red) but because of licensing it's not possible. So shouldn't Giovanni/JessieJamesatco be replaced with generic "Team Rocket"?
Red and Ash are not the same character. They would have no problem using Red as far as I know.
Jessie and James only appeared in one game and haven't appeared since the 90s. It isn't completely unlikely that they'll be in Brawl, but I think Giovanni has a better chance. Heck Zoroark could technically fill the villain slot since it was a villain (at least temporarily) in the movie, similarly to Mewtwo.

(Not sure about the game cause I'm missing some of the crown beasts and haven't unlocked it yet)

I'm talking about levels sorry. But now that I think about it it might not be all that impossible for a few stages either. A little more complex Metroid stage with breakable walls that recover and Zelda stage that "levels you up" don't sound half bad if done right. Or Pikmin stage that involves herding pikmin (maybe hurting different colored/other players' pikmins) so you get bonuses
I don't know dude. I'm not a competitive player and even I didn't like particularly complex stages.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Red and Ash are not the same character. They would have no problem using Red as far as I know.
Jessie and James only appeared in one game and haven't appeared since the 90s. It isn't completely unlikely that they'll be in Brawl, but I think Giovanni has a better chance. Heck Zoroark could technically fill the villain slot since it was a villain (at least temporarily) in the movie, similarly to Mewtwo.

I don't know dude. I'm not a competitive player and even I didn't like particularly complex levels.
But if we have a character called "Pokemon trainer" wouldn't it be logical to have "Team Rocket" or similiar not too specific character(s)? Atleast I'd like to see another similiar character with multiple pokemons.

Are we talking about levels or stages now? There would only be a couple of bit more complex stages outside of story mode. Or do you dislike the idea in storymore levels too? To play a lite-Metroid (like 1 sector in any 2d metroid) with some hidden passages, 1 or 2 data interfaces, some enemies here and there and possibly a boss. The same idea would be applied to other series Zelda, Pikmin, Earthbound... Take what makes the francisce and put them in SSB.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Awww man... Jessie and James were always my fav T.R.s in both movie and game! (thinks back to pokemon yellow). Ahh good times, back in the day!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Here's a Team Rocket moveset for all you guys that like them as much as I do.

Moveset:
Team Rocket Moveset

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

Order:

Arbok:

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'

Lickitung:

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'

Victreebel:

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

Meowth:

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut

Moveset for Team Rocket, what do you think?
Personally though, I'd like to see Giovanni appear as an SSE boss, his 3 pokemon would consist of Armored Mewtwo, Persian, and Nidoking all which go along with him, he would definetly be a nice replacement in case Pokemon Trainer got replaced, I would like to see both but the chances of that are slim, sad to say.

Is Jygglypuff still poppular in Japan? Because i remember a top 5 of the most poppular pokemon in japan before Pokemon Black & White was released, and that was something like:
1-Arceus
2-Darkrai
3-Deoxys
4-Pikachu
5-Meowth
This doesn't do anything.

I'm 100% (Not 99.999999%) sure that Jigglypuff won't get the axe.
*Character roster*
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Character rosters :/

I won't whine about it. I'm just annoyed. Anyway, I think 55 characters is too much. Second, I think there will be 1 slot for the mii (Like in Mario Kart). Third, Geno isn't that likely. Err... He only appeared in one mario game and he's 100% square's property.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. Let's see, realistically speaking I'd say a good number of characters would be about 48/49 with transformations included.

Personally I would love too see more characters but it's just not going to happen, if it did the balancing wouldn't be as good plus there's also a good chance that a character in a large roster would become a clone/semi-clone. coughdragon*balltenkaichi*cough

I feel that the Mii's are a big part Nintendo nowadays, they been in a large library of games including Mario Kart Wii, to be honest I would be shocked if they weren't included as the "customizable" characters that Iwata was talking about, heck I was even more shocked that they weren't included in Brawl, after it was the Wii.

But somebody is going to fill up a character spot it will definetly be reserved for them.

Hmm.. Let's see, realistically speaking I'd say a good number of characters would be about 48/49 with transformations included.

Personally I would love too see more characters but it's just not going to happen, if it did the balancing wouldn't be as good plus there's also a good chance that a character in a large roster would become a clone/semi-clone. coughdragon*balltenkaichi*cough

I feel that the Mii's are a big part Nintendo nowadays, they been in a large library of games including Mario Kart Wii, to be honest I would be shocked if they weren't included as the "customizable" characters that Iwata was talking about, heck I was even more shocked that they weren't included in Brawl, after it was the Wii.

But somebody is going to fill up a character spot it will definetly be reserved for them.
Actually, the only 2 newcomers who has the EXTREMELY minimal possibility of being a clone would be:
Toad - Peach
Jr - Bowser.

OmegaXXII

Toad would definetly be a unique enough character. coughwant*2seemovesetcough

As for Bowser Jr. he already has a paintbrush to assist him, plus having a Shadow Mario transformation would work wonders.

I'm still 100% supporting Wart, he may have been forgotten by fans but he wod make a great WTF character, okay maybe not as much as ROB or Game & Watch but still...

Toad would definetly be a unique enough character. coughwant*2seemovesetcough

As for Bowser Jr. he already has a paintbrush to assist him, plus having a Shadow Mario transformation would work wonders.

I'm still 100% supporting Wart, he may have been forgotten by fans but he wod make a great WTF character, okay maybe not as much as ROB or Game & Watch but still...
About toad...

If you think deeper...

B - Spores
> B - Mushroom charge
^B - Propeller cap (Somewhat works like umbrella)
VB - Pluck

Oh and Toad's moveset: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12843555&postcount=2

OmegaXXII

Lol at you for adding a picture of Peach using Toad :laugh:

Aside from that, the moveset is good, but you forgot his super strength, if Toad is known for something in SMB2 is that he runs fast and can carry lots of block easily enough, instead of the Kart he could incorporate something like that, it fits his character better, that's my two cents anyway.

Lol at you for adding a picture of Peach using Toad :laugh:

Aside from that, the moveset is good, but you forgot his super strength, if Toad is known for something in SMB2 is that he runs fast and can carry lots of block easily enough, instead of the Kart he could incorporate something like that, it fits his character better, that's my two cents anyway.
Actually, the super strength is seen through the damage he deals with his moves

It's also present in the f-throw

reserk

Smash Cadet

regardless she should get the axe. she's just not worth it anymore.

edit- here we go again with toad and bowser jr. seriously, i hope sakurai proves you guys wrong. paper mario is more likely than those 2.

edit- here we go again with toad and bowser jr. seriously, i hope sakurai proves you guys wrong. paper mario is more likely than those 2.
Uhhh..

We never said anything about Toad or Jr. We were only talking about their movesets.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. well that would certainly work, anyway I will present ahem.. a partial list of who I think is most likely to make it in.

NOTE: This is not a complete roster of characters, I am not impying that this will be it, I'm still working on creating the most realistic roster we can expect, also this is NOT a wishlist.

Ahem..without further a do.. Here's my roster as of 6/27

Version 1.0**
Mario Series:**

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Toad/Paper Mario
Yoshi

**DK series:**

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong/Dixie or K.Rool

**Kirby series:**

Kirby
King DeDeDe
Meta-Knight

**Pokemon Series:**

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Victini
Pokemon Trainer(any gen)

**Zelda series:**

Link
Princess Zelda
Ganondorf

**Star Fox series:**

Fox
Falco
Wolf

**F-Zero series:**

Captain Falcon

Metroid series:

Samus
Ridley

**Earthbound series:**

Ness

**Wario series:**

Wario

**Fire Emblem series:**

Marth
Ike

**RETRO**

Pit
Medusa
Palutena
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Takumaru
Lip

**3rd Party**

Sonic
Megaman

Notice, for those hard headed people, I did not include any of the popular request, this list is a partial realistic list of what I think we'll be seeing, I'm NOT implying anything whatsoever.

If people have any suggestions, comments feel free to critique on the matter.

reserk

Smash Cadet
oh i just thought of this: every character should have their own theme music like kirby with butter building or diddy with bramble blast. just a thought, coughmvccough.

OmegaXXII

Are you being realistic at all? You wanting to ONLY see Paper Mario is your opinion not fact, if you seen how significant they are to the current Mario games you would know that Bowser Jr. is popular and highly demanded by fans, besides I feel both Bowser Jr, and Paper Mario have the same chances, I'm am not in favor of one or the other, and Jigglypuff isn't going anywhere, she part of the original 12, you not wanting her is your opinion, it won't change her chances of getting in or not.

besides, I fully support Paper Mario, heck I even did a moveset for him :/

First off, I think A attacks (smash attacks) would be somewhat similar to Mario but not by much... anyway here's what I think.

B: Hammer Throw
Throws a hammer forward. The hammer is thrown a little slower than Wolf's blaster and doesn't go quite as far, but does more damage.

>B: Fire Drive
A short-range attack. Paper Mario pulls out a flaming hammer and swings it in front of him. Charge by holding B.

^B: Paper Airplane
Turns into a paper airplane and flies upward. Similar to Meta Knight's ^B.
Alternate ^B: Tornado Jump
Three small tornadoes form around Paper Mario, allowing him to jump very high. Length of jump is similar to Mr. Game & Watch's ^B.

vB: Repel Cape
Paper Mario covers himself with a red cape, making him dodgy. Any attack received within a short period of time will be countered with a quick punch. Similar to Lucario's vB.
Alternate vB: Spike Shield
Paper Mario spins around, creating a blue shield of spikes around him that lasts about 1/2 second. Paper Mario is invulnerable during this time. Timing has to be just right, but does about 10% damage and some good knockback.

Final Smash: Showstopper
Mario stands in a defensive position as large stars come in from the background. These stars are larger, about 3 times faster, and do more damage than Andross' plates. There aren't as many, though. Once a star passes through an area, the area becomes a blind spot for about 7 seconds after the Final Smash has ended (nothing can be seen there; just black).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_An_p7DO8 (starts at 0:27)

ALTERNATE COSTUMES:
Red: Normal
Green: Wears L Emblem (Paper Luigi)
Blue: Paper Jumpman (blue shirt, red overalls)
Other 1: Wears W Emblem (Paper Wario)
Other 2: Wears L Emblem and W Emblem (Paper Waluigi)
Other 3: Paper Fire Mario (white shirt, red overalls)

TAUNTS:
Taunt 1: Paper Mario looks at the screen, gives a thumbs up, and then adjusts his hat.
Taunt 2: Paper Mario spins around and wags his finger toward the screen.
Taunt 3: Paper Mario jumps back a little while waving his arms in the air, looking surprised and startled.

He would somewhat inherit the Game and Watch feel but not by much.

That's your opinion?
oh i just thought of this: every character should have their own theme music like kirby with butter building or diddy with bramble blast. just a thought, coughmvccough.
Wasn't it always like that?

All the characters have their own theme.

@omega: Uhh.. Don't talk about it Omega. I don't want a Paper Mario vs Jr. debate or Toad vs whatever

Before this blows, Paper Mario could have his own series. I hope this stops the debate

OmegaXXII

That's your opinion?

Wasn't it always like that?

All the characters have their own theme.

@omega: Uhh.. Don't talk about it Omega. I don't want a Paper Mario vs Jr. debate or Toad vs whatever

Before this blows, Paper Mario could have his own series. I hope this stops the debate
I only stated but needed to be said, if he can't back up what he's implying then he's wrong.

BOTH characters are likely even Toad, I never once said Paper Mario wasn't. :/

Also what do you think about my list? Version 1 lol...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Are we talking about levels or stages now?
My bad, I meant stages.

Third, Geno isn't that likely. Err... He only appeared in one mario game and he's 100% square's property.
Agreed. I don't understand what's this whole deal with Geno. Sure he was an awesome character and all, but popularity among older fans is all he's got. Even if he was Nintendo's property (this is debatable, but whatever) it's unlikely he'd be in. Paper Mario and Bowser Jr. have much higher chances than he does. Hell, pretty much any Mario character that has appeared in more than one game has higher chances than he does.

and Jigglypuff isn't going anywhere, she part of the original 12, you not wanting her is your opinion, it won't change her chances of getting in or not.
I don't know if her being part of the original twelve means she won't get the axe at all. Sure, it was the case in Brawl when I believe Sakurai said from the start that none of the original twelve would get axed, but who knows if that'll apply to SSB4.
I still don't see it as likely, but it's not completely out of the question either.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
What's the problem with clones as long as 1 doesnt end up to be superior over the other? I wouldn't mind if they added Paper Mario, Dixie and that blueshirted Kong and Dark Samus if they were clones of Mario, Diddy, Donkey and Samus

Hell you could even make King Krool a Bowser clone with fire breath and all and it would be better than not having him at all.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Putting in Dark Samus over Ridley would be like putting Vaati over Ganondorf. I don't understand why it has such a strong following and many even think it can get in over Ridley.

(I refer to DS as it cause as far as I know gender was never made clear)

I only stated but needed to be said, if he can't back up what he's implying then he's wrong.

BOTH characters are likely even Toad, I never once said Paper Mario wasn't. :/

Also what do you think about my list? Version 1 lol...
The list is fine overall.
What's the problem with clones as long as 1 doesnt end up to be superior over the other? I wouldn't mind if they added Paper Mario, Dixie and that blueshirted Kong and Dark Samus if they were clones of Mario, Diddy, Donkey and Samus

Hell you could even make King Krool a Bowser clone with fire breath and all and it would be better than not having him at all.
Sakurai could do better than clones.

Clones are just plain lazy. They don't show the moveset potential of a character. That's what happened to Ganondorf.

OmegaXXII

I don't know if her being part of the original twelve means she won't get the axe at all. Sure, it was the case in Brawl when I believe Sakurai said from the start that none of the original twelve would get axed, but who knows if that'll apply to SSB4.
I still don't see it as likely, but it's not completely out of the question either.
I'll agree with you, beserker01 took it too far as to say she will make it 100%, to tell you the truth I'm thinking she might get axed as well, heck she barely made it in Brawl.

I wouldn't be surprised if she got axed, but her being part of the original 12 is probably the only thing that's holding her by a thread in Smash, IMO I'd rather see Meowth take her spot instead.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Agreed. The only thing Jigglypuff has got is being part of the first 12 and having an original moveset. Only time will tell if that will be enough for her to stay though.

I'll agree with you, beserker01 took it too far as to say she will make it 100%, to tell you the truth I'm thinking she might get axed as well, heck she barely made it in Brawl.

I wouldn't be surprised if she got axed, but her being part of the original 12 is probably the only thing that's holding her by a thread in Smash, IMO I'd rather see Meowth take her spot instead.
I took it that far because removing a character that has been in SSB 64 feels wrong.

I actually like the character also but that's not the reason why she won't get axed.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Whether removing a character that was in the original 12 is wrong or not is entirely subjective. I don't think she'll be missed very much though, so long as her replacement is another feminine and cute looking pokemon.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Character rosters :/

I won't whine about it. I'm just annoyed. Anyway, I think 55 characters is too much. Second, I think there will be 1 slot for the mii (Like in Mario Kart). Third, Geno isn't that likely. Err... He only appeared in one mario game and he's 100% square's property.
Yeah yeah 1 slot for Mii (if that'e even an option). I'm really regretting not putting that in before I finished my first draft because I didn't feel resorting things.

Geno certainly isn't likely so he wasn't the only option for another Mario rep. In all likeliness if Mario series gets another rep it's Bowser Jr. unless they don't count Paper Mario as his own series and even he's probably less likely than Bowser Jr. regardless of how unique he could be.

Well if I had to drop 5 the first ones I'd drop would be the additional new franchise slot or Takamaru (one of the retro slots), the Square-Enix rep slot, the 5th Mario character slot and the 5th Pokemon slot.

Realistically though Medusa is only going to make it if development team wants to beef up the Kid Icarus reps and a 3rd rep for Fire Emblem or Donkey Kong and 4th rep for Star Fox are less likely than a 5th rep for Mario or Pokemon but I'd rather see Fire Emblem get another rep and Donkey Kong get King K. Rool however unlikely that may be.

Also no matter how many people want him, Ridley still might not make the cut. I don't see more Mother or F-Zero reps though I do think both series deserve 1 more each for being there since the first Smash Bros. game but popularity dictates otherwise.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Putting in Dark Samus over Ridley would be like putting Vaati over Ganondorf. I don't understand why it has such a strong following and many even think it can get in over Ridley.

(I refer to DS as it cause as far as I know gender was never made clear)
Oh I'd definitely put Ridley (and 50 other character Metroid or not) in before DS but I don't really know whose clone Ridley could be in any way. Well Bowser I guess

Overall I'm happy it looks like Krool and Ridley will get in the next SSB. I'd say they are must haves and wonder why they aren't in yet.

Whether removing a character that was in the original 12 is wrong or not is entirely subjective. I don't think she'll be missed very much though, so long as her replacement is another feminine and cute looking pokemon.
I said it feels wrong.

Oh I'd definitely put Ridley (and 50 other character Metroid or not) in before DS but I don't really know whose clone Ridley could be in any way. Well Bowser I guess

Overall I'm happy it looks like Krool and Ridley will get in the next SSB. I'd say they are must haves and wonder why they aren't in yet.
Will?

Were not sure about that even though they're deserving.

*Gets in bunker*

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well I kind of mentioned this a couple years ago in the Brawl speculation time but I felt it was worth a re-mention.

I've kind of noticed that there seems to be a trend regarding what characters are added to Smash. It goes like this

Protagonist (Retro games, Yoshi's Island, Sonic, MetalGear, WarioWare, Pikmin)
Protagonist + Ally (Donkey Kong, I figure ZSamus counts as an ally so Metroid too I guess)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain (Kirby, StarFox)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 (Mario)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 + Different incarnation of protagonist (LoZ) - if you want to count Sheik and Zelda as different characters. If not it goes to the last one,

Can't be too sure of the last two since those two franchises are the only examples.

Stil, seems to be the trend when it comes to what characters get added. So I'm pretty sure that if DK gets a new rep, it'll definitely be K.Rool, etc.

The only exceptions are the games that don't have recurring protagonists, like FireEmblem and the Mother series. But heck, even Pokemon followed the trend until Brawl

- Pikachu (P) + Jigglypuff (A) + Mewtwo (V) + Pichu (A2)

And could easily go back to it if indeed Lucario gets replaced with Zoroark.

What do you guys think?

Well I kind of mentioned this a couple years ago in the Brawl speculation time but I felt it was worth a re-mention.

I've kind of noticed that there seems to be a trend regarding what characters are added to Smash. It goes like this

Protagonist (Retro games, Yoshi's Island, Sonic, MetalGear, WarioWare, Pikmin)
Protagonist + Ally (Donkey Kong, I figure ZSamus counts as an ally so Metroid too I guess)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain (Kirby, StarFox)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 (Mario)
Protagonist + Ally + Villain + Ally2 + Different incarnation of protagonist (LoZ) - if you want to count Sheik and Zelda as different characters. If not it goes to the last one,

Can't be too sure of the last two since those two franchises are the only examples.

Stil, seems to be the trend when it comes to what characters get added. So I'm pretty sure that if DK gets a new rep, it'll definitely be K.Rool, etc.

The only exceptions are the games that don't have recurring protagonists, like FireEmblem and the Mother series. But heck, even Pokemon followed the trend until Brawl

- Pikachu (P) + Jigglypuff (A) + Mewtwo (V) + Pichu (A2)

And could easily go back to it if indeed Lucario gets replaced with Zoroark.

What do you guys think?
Didn't notice that.

However, I don't know if Sakruai knows this and I don't know if he'll follow it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Also no matter how many people want him, Ridley still might not make the cut. I don't see more Mother or F-Zero reps though I do think both series deserve 1 more each for being there since the first Smash Bros. game but popularity dictates otherwise.
It's true that Ridley is far from confirmed, but I feel he has a great chance. He had a very important role in SSE in Brawl, he was an extremely popular character in the polls, and even Sakurai was confronted about his absence in an interview. He is well aware that he is an important and desired character.

Ridley should not be a clone of Bowser whatsoever. Both of them are very different. Bowser is a heavy tortoise, and he isn't very smart. Ridley is an agile flying creature and is very intelligent (though the games have failed to show this clearly unfortunately). They don't have much in common aside from being villainous firebreathing reptiles, and Ridley's level of villainy makes Bowser look like a harmless schoolyard bully.
Then again, Bowser hasn't been much more than a harmless schoolyard bully in attitude for a while.

However, I don't know if Sakruai knows this and I don't know if he'll follow it.
Smash seems to follow the formula pretty well, so I think he's aware of it.
Of course I can't be sure, but I think I have something going on here.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Alright I modified my first image to cut the roster to 51 playable fighters including transformations and swaps with 47 characters on the final roster screen.

So here's the rosters with those modifications.

I could probably cut a few but I don't want to plain and simple. But about 15 of these wouldn't be playable on the 3DS version in theory.

Though I did realize I made Luigi a starter and he might remain unlockable so imagine the top row with one less box and maybe take Mii off of the starters as well.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ridley should not be a clone of Bowser whatsoever. Both of them are very different. Bowser is a heavy tortoise, and he isn't very smart. Ridley is an agile flying creature and is very intelligent (though the games have failed to show this clearly unfortunately). They don't have much in common aside from being villainous firebreathing reptiles, and Ridley's level of villainy makes Bowser look like a harmless schoolyard bully.
Then again, Bowser hasn't been much more than a harmless schoolyard bully in attitude for a while.
Exactly, I still do not conform with the idea of ​​Ridley will be some kind of clone of Bowser.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Though I did realize I made Luigi a starter and he might remain unlockable so imagine the top row with one less box and maybe take Mii off of the starters as well.
I can't stand the idea of ​​Mii (though I know it is very likely). He does not represent virtually nothing on nintendo. Moreover, it would be a unnecessary slot, which would eliminate important characters.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I can't stand the idea of ​​Mii (though I know it is very likely). He does not represent virtually nothing on nintendo. Moreover, it would be a unnecessary slot, which would eliminate important characters.
I'm not going to argue I'd rather see other characters but virtually nothing on Nintendo? Mii's have been used Wii and 3DS hardware, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Pilot Wings Resort and will be used in future titles such that new Super Mario Bros. game. Their use will only become more common in the future from the looks of it. And they represent this age of gaming for Nintendo whether that's a good thing or not.

They could use Mii in a number of ways. As a generic character that can be visually modified however you like or possibly even the basis for a character editor that lets you pick attacks. There's some interesting possibilities there.

I'd rather just have another notable Nintendo character myself or another 3rd party on top of Sonic, Snake and Mega Man (which would work best on my current rosters since I put Mii next to the 3rd party characters).

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'm not going to argue I'd rather see other characters but virtually nothing on Nintendo? Mii's have been used Wii and 3DS hardware, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Pilot Wings Resort and will be used in future titles such that new Super Mario Bros. game. Their use will only become more common in the future from the looks of it. And they represent this age of gaming for Nintendo whether that's a good thing or not.

They could use Mii in a number of ways. As a generic character that can be visually modified however you like or possibly even the basis for a character editor that lets you pick attacks. There's some interesting possibilities there.

I'd rather just have another notable Nintendo character myself or another 3rd party on top of Sonic, Snake and Mega Man (which would work best on my current rosters since I put Mii next to the 3rd party characters).
The Mii is a level equal Waluigi, both appear only in spin-off, the difference is Waluigi is important, and Mii is just a mascot of Nintendo, as well as the 'Nintendogs'. Well, talk about Mii is a matter of opinion, then it's best to stop discuss about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom