• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'd rather not go watch a replay video and start hearing " Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies hit the floor..."
I know this is a few pages back but it made me LOL irl. Absolutely dead on. For some reason ALL anime/video game nerds LOVE that song, like worship it. I'd love to have a game where the soundtrack was entirely Iron Maiden, but I can appreciate good video game music and it matches the vibe of the stage a lot better(for the most part). Anyways, didn't mean to detail. Continue with the discussion!

Edit: Waluigi... important... this morning is FULL of luls!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Hey, I don't care about Waluigi at all, but he's not more important than Miis.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
The 'Miis' have no history, how they may be more important than characters that have a trajectory in Nintendo?
They've been included in various nintendo games and they represent more than just a character who has absolutely no relevance outside of spin-offs.
With miis it's the player in the game. Yeah I'm not crazy about them either, but I can definitely see them appearing.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Hmm.. Let's see, realistically speaking I'd say a good number of characters would be about 48/49 with transformations included.

Personally I would love too see more characters but it's just not going to happen, if it did the balancing wouldn't be as good plus there's also a good chance that a character in a large roster would become a clone/semi-clone. coughdragon*balltenkaichi*cough
Basically my thought, although I can see a 46-49 slot roster easily happen.
Reyariria said:
Whether removing a character that was in the original 12 is wrong or not is entirely subjective. I don't think she'll be missed very much though, so long as her replacement is another feminine and cute looking pokemon.
Honestly, I would be infuriated if they took out Jigglypuff. If a player has a unique move set and doesn't suck at fighting, it should stay. IMO, Jigglypuff fits and I would be kind of upset if Jigglypuff went out the doors.

In regards to this debate, Sakurai in Brawl seems unwilling to cut anyone except for Pichu but had to cut Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo due to time constraint. I don't see him being cut-happy anytime soon, as a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprise if all twelve of the original players were available from the start.
Hyper Luigi said:
Also no matter how many people want him, Ridley still might not make the cut. I don't see more Mother or F-Zero reps though I do think both series deserve 1 more each for being there since the first Smash Bros. game but popularity dictates otherwise.
More like overrep.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
The 'Miis' have no history, how they may be more important than characters that have a trajectory in Nintendo?
You said yourself Mii is a mascot of Nintendo. Smash Bros. is a mascot fighter like Mario Kart is a mascot racer.

The history isn't long but it's as long as the Wii's existence and it's only going to get longer in the coming years.

I'd rather have a character with better design and fighting potential but I don't think you can argue that the Mii is of little significance when it's been implemented in both software and hardware constantly for the past several years.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
More like overrep.
MOTHER has great characters for Smash but I'd mostly like to see a villain added. Maybe Mask Man... The only reason we don't see more MOTHER characters is because the US and other countries only got Earthbound so the rest of the franchise is rather obscure to much of the world. If Ness and Lucas is it, I'm content with that. I'd even settle for just one of them returning but I think Sakurai will bring them both back.

I don't consider Ness and Lucas to be over-rep at all but perhaps much of that sentiment comes from the laziness in the design which made them similar when they could have been completely different.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
MOTHER has great characters for Smash but I'd mostly like to see a villain added. Maybe Mask Man... The only reason we don't see more MOTHER characters is because the US and other countries only got Earthbound so the rest of the franchise is rather obscure to much of the world. If Ness and Lucas is it, I'm content with that. I'd even settle for just one of them returning but I think Sakurai will bring them both back.

I don't consider Ness and Lucas to be over-rep at all but perhaps much of that sentiment comes from the laziness in the design which made them similar when they could have been completely different.
I think 2 characters from Earthbound is enough. They should just declone Lucas and have that be the "new" character. However, I think tha F Zero does merit a new rep.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Yeah it's long overdue since it's the only franchise present in all the SSB games other than Yoshi (which is still part of the Mario family of franchises) to only have 1 rep in all 3 games. It took until Brawl for Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby and MOTHER to get more than 1 rep but poor Captain Falcon is still all by his lonesome and it's entirely possible it's going to stay that way.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah it's long overdue since it's the only franchise present in all the SSB games other than Yoshi (which is still part of the Mario family of franchises) to only have 1 rep in all 3 games. It took until Brawl for Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby and MOTHER to get more than 1 rep but poor Captain Falcon is still all by his lonesome and it's entirely possible it's going to stay that way.
Most likely because of the fact it'd be hard to come up with a unique moveset. :p

But I'm hoping for Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, Black Shadow or Zoda. (Actually I would prefer StarTropics' Zoda, but if F.Zero Zoda gets in..... cool).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Basically my thought, although I can see a 46-49 slot roster easily happen.Honestly, I would be infuriated if they took out Jigglypuff. If a player has a unique move set and doesn't suck at fighting, it should stay. IMO, Jigglypuff fits and I would be kind of upset if Jigglypuff went out the doors.
I agree that should be the case, but it's difficult to tell. It seems Sakurai is probably not going to be alone in coming up with Smash4 so he might be overruled by the people working with him, if he indeed does not want to cut any further characters.

Furthermore, her moveset could be transferred to a new pokemon with a couple of modifications, without much problem.

TBH, I don't really care so long as Ridley gets in. :laugh:

zkwid

Smash Rookie

I made a quick sketch on how Simon Belmont would fit in SSB.

Also, this is my first post on smashboards : )

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Most likely because of the fact it'd be hard to come up with a unique moveset. :p

But I'm hoping for Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, Black Shadow or Zoda. (Actually I would prefer StarTropics' Zoda, but if F.Zero Zoda gets in..... cool).
I noticed the signature. Mike Jones and Zoda would be boss but their chances are reaaaaaaaally unfortunately low. Such a pitty.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think the characters will come out very nicely (whoever makes it in) due to the fact not only is Sakurai making them but he has a team helping him so he won't be stressed out like Melee and can actually pump out something even better than any smash game before SSB4.

People dog on Sakurai but remember this man made all the Smash games and it's people like 2 out of the 3 or all of them. So even if you don't like all of them you have to remember he is the same man who made the other two you love.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Will?

Were not sure about that even though they're deserving.

*Gets in bunker*
Based on fan demand. And if the game will add even 5 new characters there aren't much more high profile characters to add.

Oh and I meant that I rather have Ridley as Bowser clone than not have him at all. True it would be awful match but like I said I'd have Excite Biker as a clone of Captain Falcon, Paper Mario as clone of Mario and other as ridicilous matchings if it's a matter of getting a clone or not getting at all.

But I'm in the gang who wants 100 characters even if they're all not that balanced or worthwhile so judge my statement with that in mind.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

I mean, Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh could easily have unique movesets. As far as Zoda(characters who dont stand a chance in hell) goes, I'd love to see Octoman but it will NEVER EVER HAPPEN!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Based on fan demand. And if the game will add even 5 new characters there aren't much more high profile characters to add.
Based on fan demand and considering how many people brawl added, why aren't they in already? Realize that fan demand is not only factor and that saying we will definitely get anyone is a huge overstatement.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I noticed the signature. Mike Jones and Zoda would be boss but their chances are reaaaaaaaally unfortunately low. Such a pitty.
At least I've noticed much more support this time around.

I know chances are low, but I've made it a project of mine to get this character request to Sakurai, one way or another. (And I'm dead serious, starting a sorta viral marketing campaign for it too)

Fatmanonice was inspiring on his Geno mission last time. I'll be doing something in similar fashion.

If he doesn't make it in... Oh well... I hope Little Mac will make it in, and we at least get StarTropics stage or music, or Assist Trophy.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
People dog on Sakurai but remember this man made all the Smash games and it's people like 2 out of the 3
I can see the man after Melee was completed, he probably pulled a Dave Chappelle
"****in' pay ME!"
and went on hiatus. Before quickly recanting on everything once he remembered the culture to which he belonged.

It's interesting about that 40+ hour working sprees he managed to accomplish. I'd want to make Brawl too if my whole life was dedicated to making sure you guys are satisfied.

However, I think tha F Zero does merit a new rep.
I'm actually surprised that a couple easter eggs weren't thrown in to rep Falcon's peeps. They did it for Starfox. Then again I haven't played all the F-Zero titles, so I'm not so sure how deep a role character development plays.

@zkwid: Careful with that sketch kid, you might just get noticed
: Toise

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Based on fan demand and considering how many people brawl added, why aren't they in already? Realize that fan demand is not only factor and that saying we will definitely get anyone is a huge overstatement.
Each added character increases the chances. Characters like Wario, Diddy, Pokemon trainer and Olimar are high profile characters too but now the list is shorter. Meta Knight just might have been a more interesting playable character than Ridley or Krool back then...

Frankly I can easily see Krool working because he's so much like a Bowser for DK. But Ridley is different because he truly is so fearsome and capable I'm not sure how he will be leveled down with the rest of cast.

But nowhere I said anyone will "definitely" get in.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
At least I've noticed much more support this time around.

I know chances are low, but I've made it a project of mine to get this character request to Sakurai, one way or another. (And I'm dead serious, starting a sorta viral marketing campaign for it too)

Fatmanonice was inspiring on his Geno mission last time. I'll be doing something in similar fashion.

If he doesn't make it in... Oh well... I hope Little Mac will make it in, and we at least get StarTropics stage or music, or Assist Trophy.
Let's hope fatmanonice makes another trip for Smash 4. They might listen this time with SMRPG on the virtual console and such. Geno really should make it in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I can see the man after Melee was completed, he probably pulled a Dave Chappelle
"****in' pay ME!"
and went on hiatus. Before quickly recanting on everything once he remembered the culture to which he belonged.

It's interesting about that 40+ hour working sprees he managed to accomplish. I'd want to make Brawl too if my whole life was dedicated to making sure you guys satisfied.
I lol'd so hard, but I completely agree. I think he can accomplish something of the same level or higher with his new team though. 40+ hours is insane for people who are just going to ***** about your work.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Let's hope fatmanonice makes another trip for Smash 4. They might listen this time with SMRPG on the virtual console and such. Geno really should make it in.
I'll be honest. At first I didn't care for Geno. But Fatmanonice pretty much convinced me of the great character he is. Of course, I also played SMRPG at the time to see how he was like.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Each added character increases the chances. Characters like Wario, Diddy, Pokemon trainer and Olimar are high profile characters too but now the list is shorter. Meta Knight just might have been a more interesting playable character than Ridley or Krool back then...

Frankly I can easily see Krool working because he's so much like a Bowser for DK. But Ridley is different because he truly is so fearsome and capable I'm not sure how he will be leveled down with the rest of cast.

But nowhere I said anyone will "definitely" get in.
You didn't say the word definitely but when you said they will get in as opposed to should you implied factual information.

I'm just saying their chances may be increased but there is still a chance that they won't make it

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh yeah? Who is the director working with? Who is the new dev team?

Man, that's life. This fella built his fortune from the ground up,my hats off to him. The least I can do in support is purchase his latest creations. (Except for B+, that one was a treat for me)

And I totally agree, the last roster was a practical one, this should make for an creative/dynamic one.
I DO want to be surprised nonetheless, all this dojo **** is too much.
Only people I know for sure he is having help with the character development is Sora Ltd. (he mentioned Sora Ltd. in an article about SSB4 it's in this thread but that would require digging lol) but I'm guess Hal Lab. might be helping too.

I agree with the Dojo thing. I don't mind the character announcements tbh but then to tell me everything about them?? :-/ I wonder how well his character development and gameplay will turn out with the extra help, I'm hopeful it will be nice.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
On Team Rocket/Meowth/Etc.:

Remember that they DO NOT use non-Video Game characters in Smash. Pokemon Trainer wasn't Ash, it was Red (FireRed/LeafGreen red, to be exact), Pikachu wasn't Ash's Pikachu- it is either a generic Pikachu or (given the fact that Red's G1 hat is a alt) Red's Pikachu. Jigglypuff isn't the Jigglypuff that was once a regular guest star on the Anime, it was just a generic Jiggs with a similar personality.

However, they DO allow the Anime to influence the characters' moves. Mewtwo's shadow ball, for example, isn't usually learned by him in the games (although it can be through TMs), but he had used it extensively in the First Movie, so it was in SSBM.

On the grand Zoroark/Victini/Genesect debate:
In the two games of Smash where we had more than two Pokemon, the one non-clone added was generally a "cool" pokemon and not a "cute" Pokemon (Mewtwo as opposed to Mew, Lucario as opposed to Munchlax). So I'd say Zoroark and (less-likely) Genesect are more likely than Victini.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I noticed Hals Lab was missing in Brawl but in the article Sakurai talks about Sora. Ltd. I'm going try to find the article

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So this time my next stage concept is going to be a little different than the ones previously, how so you ask? Well I'll tell you. My next stage concept is a third party stage! I'm not going to do many of these, but I am going to work on ideas for franchises I feel have legitimate chances at guesting in the next title (not saying they will or won't). These are completely at my discretion so if you disagree with me, tough cookies. Without further ado, let me introduce our first guest stage!

Coming to us straight from Dragon Quest, it is the floating castle Zenithia! For those of you who missed out on Dragon Quest IV, V, and VI for the DS; first off shame on you, secondly this castle spans across the "Zenithia Trilogy" and plays an important role in the plot of all three games. This trilogy being published on the DS makes me believe this stage would be the most likely choice for a Dragon Quest stage. As you have a better chance of a person being familiar to this castle than any other locale in the DQ universe. It was a difficult choice choosing between this stage or The Observatory from Dragon Quest IX. Maybe down the road I'll do an alterante concept?

Now onto the stage itself. You would be fighting in the large courtyard before the doors leading into the tower. The castle would be glistening while you fight. The background would be magnificent as the castle slowly floats through the clouds. Beneath you could look upon the land as you pass over plains, deserts, ships sailing on the ocean, busy towns, and large towers. Seldomly you'll be able to see the Dragon Lord (Dragon Quest IV, V), Peggy Sue/Pegasus (Dragon Quest VI) or the Starflight Express (Dragon Quest XI) flying in the background in the distance.

One of the secrets to this stage is there is an alternate version that can load, what I call the "Dark World" version. Taking pages out of the many demon realms in the Dragon Quest series. It would take on more of a worn state as seen in Dragon Quest V and VI. You would see some of the iconinc monsters make appearances in the background. Such as Slimes, Golems, Drackys, Goodybags, Rockbombs and others. The sky would turn red and the clouds dark. Below, the once vibrant land would become withered; the waters dark, fires abound, the towers would now look more evil in structure, and the towns ruinous.

Stage Example:

Flat I know, just think Bridge of Eldin.

Stage Name: Zenithia
Stage Icon: Slanted Sword

Dragon Quest - Overture/Title Theme
Dragon Quest I - Chateau Ladutorm
Dragon Quest II - Endless World
Dragon Quest III - Fighting Spirit/Zoma
Dragon Quest IV - Battle For The Glory
Dragon Quest V - Monsters in the Dungeon/Tower of Death/Dark World
Dragon Quest VI - Monsters!
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Dragon Quest XI - The Observatory
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Slime Mori Mori - Find the Slimes!

Well everybody there it is, my first third party stage. The next one will undoubtedly be Megaman. So be on the lookout for that. Hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry to be such a poppy poster, but I noticed that you and I have never really engaged in the conversation StarPhoenix. I've never played Dragonquest before and I imagine that you are a fan of the series. What do you know about the series roster? With all their releases, is it as vast as FE or SE creations? Is there a definitive character that holds a lot of weight beyond simple speculation?

I know that the artstyle is from the famous DBZ creator, but would that happen to be the only thing tying this series to Chrono Trigger?

Edit: Thanks for editing that top ten, it was about to become a frenzy up in here
Well there is Slime, despite having no limbs he can functionally work. Some of us over at Gamefaqs made a moveset for him, but I won't post it as last time I was put through the ringer for it. There is also the Hero of the series. Problem is it changes with each game so who would you pick? The likely scenario in this case would be whomever is the latest protagonist in Dragon Quest X.

There is one last scenario. That is that they use the Hero from from Dragon Quest IX. But give him the clothing to dress him up like every other hero in the series, just as you could in Dragon Quest IX. Basically have a lot of alternate outfits.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Yes, I know Team Rocket was in G1 and G2 (and even the infamous Team Rocket Trio from the Anime showed up in Yellow), but I'm just saying aloud that they aren't going to import them wholesale into SSB4.....

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
One idea I came up with: Have stages have alternates. In some ways, this already happened, as Mushroomy Kingdom was either World 1-1 or 1-2.

But, for example, let's say that there is a "Boxing Ring" stage. This would obviously be a "duh" stage for Little Mac, but it could also have an alternate which makes it DeDeDe's fighting ring from SuperStar and some other games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom