• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There where actually quite some Geno supporters. Can tell you that his support clearly outnumbers Victini now. Could change I suppose, but right now... Not yet.

And I honestly don't expect Victini to be much more requested as is right now in the future either.

:phone:
I just said that, pretty much Didz.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Back in pre-brawl days, the Geno topic was one of the bigger ones, though that was mostly due to constant argument about the character. I mean....he's got a surprising high amount of fans and like...no good reason to be in. Its just the perfect storm for that sort of thing.

As for Victini, I still say that it makes much more sense than Zoroark, though Smash fans seem to be sort of stubborn about their picks or sort of cling to ideas for a long time. I mean, it seems to me that most of the Zoroark support is based less around wanting Zoroark, but rather thinking that there has to be a 5th gen Poke, and that its inclusion has to mirror Lucario (Lucario being the first 4th gen Pokemon with a movie, just like Zoroark was the first 5th gen). Quite frankly though I don't believe that the circumstances then are the same as they are now.

Still that's my problem with a lot of people's choices. Its not about what would be most interesting as a fighter, but rather just trying to shoehorn in characters who are "next in line" due to status and just not caring that they don't bring much interesting to the table.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Who knows what Game Freak has Sakurai do for a 5th-generation character. Maybe there will be a poster Pokemon for Black & White 2 that is not Kyurem. I would prefer Victini over Zoroark, if for nothing else I think Victini would be a good successor to Pichu and that I think having three anthropomorphic Pokemon would be redundant.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Never! I'll always support my marshmallow-y cloud friend over the overated block of wood known as Geno. There was a day Mallow reigned. /bitter
Iseewhatyoudidtherehe'sacloud.

As for Waddle-Bandanna-Dee, I got KRtD on Thursday (love it so far), and Dee is really fun to play as, and pretty interesting. Dat Spear-copter...

Japan is indifferent on retros? Time to teach them the ways of Mogura~Nya.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Back in pre-brawl days, the Geno topic was one of the bigger ones, though that was mostly due to constant argument about the character. I mean....he's got a surprising high amount of fans and like...no good reason to be in. Its just the perfect storm for that sort of thing.

As for Victini, I still say that it makes much more sense than Zoroark, though Smash fans seem to be sort of stubborn about their picks or sort of cling to ideas for a long time. I mean, it seems to me that most of the Zoroark support is based less around wanting Zoroark, but rather thinking that there has to be a 5th gen Poke, and that its inclusion has to mirror Lucario (Lucario being the first 4th gen Pokemon with a movie, just like Zoroark was the first 5th gen). Quite frankly though I don't believe that the circumstances then are the same as they are now.

Still that's my problem with a lot of people's choices. Its not about what would be most interesting as a fighter, but rather just trying to shoehorn in characters who are "next in line" due to status and just not caring that they don't bring much interesting to the table.
I would prefer Victini if only because I like what a PYROKINETIC fighter could be like, whereas Zoroark has always seemed pretty similar to Wolf to me, but I really don't care a lot for either of them. I think everyone just wants Mewtwo back.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The second part to Palutena's OVA just got uploaded in North America.

I just finished watching it, and I can say that that there was no removal or censorship of the fanservice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zoroark would probably play like a bit of a mix between Lucario, Wolf and maybe Fox even? I can't say that I prefer him much over Victini, only if Lucario himself would be gone. Right now my Pokemon priority goes like:

Pikachu > Mewtwo >> Jigglypuff > Pokemon Trainer (first gen) / standalone Charizard (lol, but yeah) >> Pichu / Zoroark / Victini / New Trainer with gen 5 stuff

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The second part to Palutena's OVA just got uploaded in North America.

I just finished watching it, and I can say that that there was no removal or censorship of the fanservice.
Is it on Youtube? If so, can you link it so I can finish watching it? (I hate watching sheet in japanese)

Zoroark would probably play like a bit of a mix between Lucario, Wolf and maybe Fox even? I can't say that I prefer him much over Victini, only if Lucario himself would be gone. Right now my Pokemon priority goes like:

Pikachu > Mewtwo >> Jigglypuff > Pokemon Trainer (first gen) / standalone Charizard (lol, but yeah) >> Pichu / Zoroark / Victini / New Trainer with gen 5 stuff

Here's mine, but as wants:

Victini > Lucario > PKMN Trainer (2nd Gen w/ Typhlosion) > Mewtwo > Micheal > Not Zoroark.

@Opelucid Avater. It is fantastic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As for Waddle-Bandanna-Dee, I got KRtD on Thursday (love it so far), and Dee is really fun to play as, and pretty interesting. Dat Spear-copter...
I think the case with Waddle Dee (Bandanna) is that most people who warmed up to him did so as a result of how he played in Return to Dream Land. I think a fourth Kirby character is unlikely though.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Gotten through Chapter 11 of Uprising. Taking breaks here and there for my thumbs. Verrry addicting game. But the game is mean to those who obsessively want to complete and get every item like me, since there are soooo many of them....also I probably should stop wasting hearts on getting Palutena to walk towards the screen....

I'm going to expect a lot of people say that they'd want Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit as a stage...at least just for that flying portion of it. Personally I wouldn't mind the setting for Chapter 8....again just for the flying portion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, was there actually people that were saying Mallow over Geno?

Geno's the one seen before the end credits. The story was HIS story

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@asage- Huh, never seen that before. Badass :cool:

@disfunk- Stadium 1 and 2 were awesome, too. Especially the second one. Let me fixify what I said

I would like another major console Pokemon game that ISN'T Battle Revolution lol

I like Dark Pit's theme
<3 the stadiums. Just got a bunch of people at my school playing stadium 2.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Gotten through Chapter 11 of Uprising. Taking breaks here and there for my thumbs. Verrry addicting game. But the game is mean to those who obsessively want to complete and get every item like me, since there are soooo many of them....also I probably should stop wasting hearts on getting Palutena to walk towards the screen....

I'm going to expect a lot of people say that they'd want Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit as a stage...at least just for that flying portion of it. Personally I wouldn't mind the setting for Chapter 8....again just for the flying portion.
I'd like a Pandora's Labyrinth stage at this point. My goodness, that stage was one of the best (and trippiest) things I have seen yet. Than again, I haven't seen much else so I am only seeing a small part.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Haha lol, for real, disfunk? I actually know a few people in my junior class who still play the older Pokemon games :cool:
Yea I put project64 (I can mention that right) on the computers at school and we have battles at lunch. One if my friends and me were doing the hard quiz in mini games, working together we only managed to get 9 :laugh:

To make this in topic: Nintendo did a good job with inter connectivity between stadium 2 and gold/silver. This means being able to transfer characters is a very real possibility. Assuming we get a my unit char for the 3DS

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The roster was not based on my own choices/opinions for Smash 4 but rather the Top 14 newcomers ranked within Shortie's poll. The only difference though is that Medusa was swapped with Palutena, since I feel Palutena is legitimately a more important character to the series and Uprising.
Yeah, I know. I was merely rating the roster myself and others who voted on shortie's poll had "selected."
Also, I don't think there is going to be a goddess war like I was theorizing months ago.
I dunno, I think there could be a god war. However, that god was would have to be me fighting myself. :awesome:
Two things of note:
1. Simply wow that they actually showed Palutena soaking in a bath. I guess Shaft managed to shoe horn in fanservice afterall. I wonder if this part will be removed or censored when it gets brought over here?
How am I not surprised=??? It is Japan, and Paletuna is a healthy-looking female. :bee:
2. We actually get to see Palutena fight. She uses the Beam Claws. This makes me think that the idea of giving Palutena some of the new weapons in Uprising is not as far fetched an idea afterall.
If Paletuna has bear claws, does that mean she's a furry=??? :laugh: LOL, I guess you were right after all Chrono; we did get a lot of information from the OVA's. ;)
IMO, the only Nintendo newcomers I consider a shoe-in are Little Mac (Wii game, WiiWare game, the first non-Ambassador NES game) and now Palutena. Toad is close enough but he needs moar playable roles in main games besides New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
The only characters I consider "shoe-ins" currently are my boys Mega Man and Ridley. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I only see Little Mac, Palutena and Krom as shoe-ins currently.

ALSO I JUST REALISED I MISSED MY 5555th POST! :c

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I only see Little Mac, Palutena and Krom as shoe-ins currently.
Krom's game isn't even out yet, and I got a feeling he might even be a Marth alternate costume.

Little Mac... I think he's more likely in than out, but there's still a good shot he's not playable.

Paletuna... I still think more likely than not we will get 0 Kid Icarus newcomers.
To be fair, the West does not care about new series much either outside of Little Mac and Isaac.
Mega Man gets a lot of support, and Saki, Takamaru, Starfy, Shulk, and a few retro characters have gotten some decent support.
Also, both Leon (both the Resident Evil guy and the chameleon from Star Fox) and Waddle Dee come up in Japan.
Well at least Leon (from Star Fox) is funny, Leon (from Resident Evil) is a BAMF, and Waddle Dee (Bandana Dee) has the cuteness factor... :reverse:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@disfunk- You know, me and my friends do something similar to that during our Computers elective, except we don't play Stadium 2, we play Smash 64, Mario Kart 64 and a few GBA games (mainly Pokemon Emerald and Sonic Advance 2)

But yeah, I'm really liking the idea that Smash Wii U and Smash 3D having interconnectivity. Didn't the N64 versions of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis interact with the GBC versions, too? I think Nintendo could end up making both games even more addictive with this feature and based on past history, I think they'll seriously pull it off

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash Wii U and 3DS having inter connectivity would be awesome. It would also be interesting if they had inter connectivity with Brawl. If let's say you own one of those games, maybe you could download some outfits, trophies, stickers, and other stuff/content/extras from the other games. :)
I really don't get Smashboards. There are serious discussions about Impa, Weavel, Leon Powalski, WADDLE DEE, et-****ing-cetera, but mention Geno and you get torn to shreds. Herp... Derp...
People have grown sick of Geno. That is partially because some of the Geno fans treated it as a social club that excluded others and took over the SmashBoards Geno thread. On the other end, a lot of anti-Geno people tend to get butt hurt a lot, especially when Sakurai made all those references to him (which is where the Geno support stems from), lol.

While I like Geno, and I recognize he has a very small chance of being even in the game, I will say that he is the hands down best option for a new Mario character IMO. Toad and Bowser Jr. are cool and all, but Geno is a BAMF! Plus Geno is way better than all those characters you listed Hootsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom