• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
"We could use a man like you... Join my band of Space Banditos!"

"...I serve..."

Well. Y'know how that goes.

It's too fun imagining them fighting... I've been saying Geno's inclusion would be the biggest and most pleasant surprise. Must be unimaginably frustrating knowing Square owns the rights, yet they don't care one bit about the character. By all means they should just give the rights to Nintendo. Anyway, I remember he and Ridley were very popular back in the day. It's too bad things apparently went sour between the two groups.

I don't suppose there's a moveset lying around? I'm guessing he could have a gimmick where if you attack and press a button at the correct time, the attack would do a bit of something extra?
That's why I think that even though Geno is technically third party, it would be so easy to get the rights that Sakurai probably considers him a Nintendo character.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah. I hope Square gives away Geno(and Mallow)'s rights to Sakurai. They're nice characters that deserve better than being kept on a leash by $qure-€nix. If one of them becomes a character, the other one should become an Assist Trophy.

I guess Mallow could be a good Assist Trophy because of his moves from SMRPG.

D

Deleted member

This makes me wonder why a Mallow alliance was never form, despite being more involved in the story.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hum. What stages do you think will be coming back? Brawl didn't have really any stages like the Temple... But the Temple won't be coming back probably.

I'd guess the Bridge of Eldin, Norfair, and Lylat Cruise will probably come back.
@majora_787: Hey there, it's been awhile! Welcome back. Not really sure on what stages will come back, thought I am expecting the Halbred to return.

@PsychoInncarnate: How did I miss the R.I.D.L.E.Y and A.S.H.L.E.Y's ED article while it was still up? Can someone provide me a link to some (or all) of their lulz?
I did have my thoughts, which were posted yesterday...

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13024551&postcount=14315

Player-1

Smash Legend
Snake and Sonic aren't owned by nintendo and they're in brawl. Microsoft is the only one missing so Master Chief will definitely be in along with Arbiter

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Snake and Sonic aren't owned by nintendo and they're in brawl. Microsoft is the only one missing so Master Chief will definitely be in along with Arbiter
Solid Snake and Sonic appeared on at least one Nintendo console title. Master Chief appeared on none.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Pokemon is a ***** to predict for. I'll get to Zoroark's popularity, but may I ask how you envision his Illusion ability being implemented in Sm4sh? I believe it could be used as a very interesting gimmick, but aside from that his standard moves seem like they would be boring. Victini on the other hand may not have a gimmick, but with its pyrokinesis abilities, I think it would have more interesting standard moves. It's all subjective at that point, though. :V

OKAY. Zoroark is popular, but with Victini's new movie its popularity will increase in the 3 months before Sm4sh's development begins. That poll is kind of old, and will undoubtedly change. Zoroark and Victini's amount of votes are hardly any different, and (AGAIN) with Victini's movie, it will surely overtake Zoroark in popularity.

I don't really care that much either way, but I'm just leaning toward Victini since it seems more likely at this point. It is definitely between Zoroark and Victini.
The thing is... some people actually complained about the Victini movie because Ash didn't show all of his current Unova Pokemon and because Iris and Cilan pretty much did jack. Zoroark actually has the build of a smash character but you know what... they can just put in both of them or something... or neither of them and put in Meloetta or Genosect but right now I'm still supporting Zoroark Victini seems like it would be low tier.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Naw man. It wont be the arbiter. It'll be the big talking plant from Halo 2. Much better moveset potential, bro.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Silver's awesome. His Lol bad voice acting awesome voice acting with his telekinetic powers are Glitchy awesome plus he's a silver version of Sonic a unique character.

Ridley hat for Kirby (Credit to Drshnaps for Kirby and Semi Juggalo for Ridley.)
That looks a bit dumb for Kirby to wear something that's bigger than himself. Did the following image get overlooked on your end?

No Nintendo appearance = No chance.
4th Party = No chance.
Anything owned by Microsoft = No chance.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well silver was never on a Nintendo console before the trophy was made so you can make the argument that master chief has a slim chance of making it in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well silver was never on a Nintendo console before the trophy was made so you can make the argument that master chief has a slim chance of making it in the game.
Silver actually appeared in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, which is a Wii title. It may not be mainstream, but that game is probably how Silver got a cameo in Brawl.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
When someone legitimately claims that THE ARBITER will DEFINITELY be in Smash 4, I think it's about time to put the thread out of its misery.

Player-1

Smash Legend
That looks a bit dumb for Kirby to wear something that's bigger than himself. Did the following image get overlooked on your end?

No Nintendo appearance = No chance.
4th Party = No chance.
Anything owned by Microsoft = No chance.
Who are you? Legendary Game Designer Sakurai Himself? No? Okay then anyone has a chance and Master Chief and Arbiter are pretty much confirmed.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
When someone legitimately claims that THE ARBITER will DEFINITELY be in Smash 4, I think it's about time to put the thread out of its misery.

Somebody claimed that Popeye the Sailor was going to be in SSB4 earlier, so this thread's been suffering for a while. There needs to be some kind of disclaimer about character discussion on the first page.

Player-1, since you're likely under the age of 12 (or trolling) if you're making that assumption, I'll explain this to you very simply. Super Smash Bros. is about Nintendo. Sonic and Snake appear because they have appeared in games on Nintendo consoles before. Halo has never and will never be on a Nintendo console because another company called Microsoft owns them, and Microsoft and Nintendo are not friends. And only video game characters are allowed, so no Goku either.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
yeah a large majority of the people who play brawl don't care if ben 10 and sponge bob are in the game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ben 10 is overrated and OP.

Kevin 11 would be better suited, but I still want hunter to post the harry potter moveset. It was epic until I got us kicked out LOL

Player-1

Smash Legend
Jab 1: Hits you with his book
Jab 2: Hits you with his book again

dash attack: dashes and hits you with a broom

ftilt: long range hit with his wand (like links)
utilt: magic swing over his head (like zelda)
dtilt: performs spell to make opponent trip in close distance

Special: Expelliarmus
Side special: Expecto Patronum
Down special: Invisibility Cloak (like MK)
Up-special: rides a broom

Fair: swings a broom at you
Bair: Swings a broom at you
Uair: double kicks you
dair: fast falls with a broom into ground
nair: sticks leg out

Fsmash: Blasting Curse
Dsmash: Confundus Charm (like ZSS dsmash)
Usmash: Magic glittery stuff (like zelda's usmash)

Throws: he will have a tether grab and use his throws with his wand, won't get into detail with specific spell names

Final Smash: Avada Cadabra

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Legendary Video Game Designer Sakurai can do whatever he wants with his game.
Of course

Let's buy licenses for 59864745745473496723167675450946 dollars

Because that's what every smart developer does

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, but like I said before statistics show that if Goku isn't in the next game the large majority of Brawl consumers have already stated that they won't be buying the next game

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Legendary Video Game Designer Sakurai can do whatever he wants with his game.
Well, Sakurai can do what he wants, but I doubt very much that he wants to Goku! Sakurai addition to having to sign a lot of paperwork on copyright infringement just to put a little anime character quoted! In addition to the license!

Ben 10 is overrated and OP.

Kevin 11 would be better suited, but I still want hunter to post the harry potter moveset. It was epic until I got us kicked out LOL

Vilgax is better! LOL;)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Are you serious? I can't believe I came here expecting to talk about SSB4. I'm an idiot.
The amount of off-topic and spam in this thread is killing me.

But I know I'm just going to have to...

I'M CONFLICTED ON THAT.

Which is not good since I'm doing a Ridley moveset. I believe shorthopping + dair would give the same effect?

Also I guess you're not a fan of Burger Knight, Omega. How dare you speak of any other FE character. FOR SHAME.

SHAME.

Rofl, I'm not even fixing that. So silly.
ANYWAY, regarding Meta/Omega Ridley: I really don't want them as a Final Smash. Especially when they'd be better as alternate costumes. My idea for a Final Smash would be called "Space Pirate Raid" which I will elaborate on (AGAIN) when I actually post a moveset.

@Omega: Lol. That guy's a basket.
If you're having any trouble with the Ridley moveset, check out this moveset by ShadowHydra on IGN Boards.

As for integrating Meta Ridley into his moveset, how about the two swap places by death similar to how ZS Samus swaps with regular Samus by Final Smash?

You play as normal Ridley until you die, and instead of Ridley re-spawning, he is "re-built" and spawns as Meta Ridley, who would have his own minor moveset differences. After dying as Meta Ridley, normal Ridley is "reborn" and you spawn as him. This process is infinite, so the player needs to adjust his strategies after death according to who he has to play as.

Meta Ridley as an alternate costume could work too, but I think the above idea would distinguish Ridley further from the rest of the pack and successfully integrate Meta Ridley into the moveset.

ahh, meh. I'll do the post now.

Ok people's, because i love LoZ:LttP so very much, i have decided to do a stage from that game.(i'm sure there's room for two stages in SSB4). This stage will be set in *drum roll* Death mountain!

(sorry i could only find the light world version of the bridge)
This fight will take place in a few different places. The first place we have is the bridge. Players will be fighting on the bridge, with the cloud around and below. Occasionally, the clouds will part, revealing the ruined world below, and if you look hard enough, you might just be able to see the odd monster, jumping around or shooting out rocks. Every so often, lightning will streak through the clouds, threatening to harm the players(man this makes me want to do my FF stage again :( ). However, the lightning is energy, and can be deflected by fox's reflector or absorbed by lucas/ness' Psi Magnet, and so on. After a while, the bridge will break( either by a catalyst like on bridge of eldin, or by the players like on shadow moses island), sending the players tumbling down to the cliff faces.

Here the screen scrolls along in a mushroomy kingdom style, but a tad slower, like on DKs Bramble Blast(or maybe it's bramble waterfall or something:can't remember if it takes then name from the series or is a mix or something.), going slowly up while the players fight on platforms near doors in to various caves. Players can go through these caves and appear in others, and there's even a cave or two that will put the players in a new area. While climbing, the players will experience tumbling rocks going over the cliffs that may cause some damage, but they can be avoided, shielded, or destroyed. If the characters go in to one of the two 'entrance' caves they will experience 1 of 2 situations:

1. The players are put in a cave that consists of mostly spikes. on one end is the entrance, and on the other is a small chest(the player that hits this chest unlocks a good item such as a hammer, a star, a smash ball, a pokeball, all three dragoon pieces, an assist trophy, or another good item that may be added to SSB4, to be used by anyone that picks it up of course. After a while, a black circle quickly closes in on the centre of the screen and transports the players back outside(back to where they were, and they cannot go in the cave again until next time the level comes around to the area.

note: for any cave, only 1 player has to go in to activate the scene(or just a transportation cave((think of it like the pipes in mushroomy kingdom in SSB 64)) for that matter), and to go in to a cave, the player must press shield and then up(the cave is almost in the background, like SSE).

2. The players are taken to a fairy room(which will automatically cue cave fairy music) where there is a pool of water and several fairies flying about. Any player to touch these fairies recieves a 10% decrease in precentage, but there are only 5. After a while, the big fairy will come to you and ask you to relax, creating a small area where any characters in it automatically fall asleep, but also completely heal their HP(high risk, high reward). Like the other cave, after a while the players are taken back to the climbing area where they were.

At the top of the cave area, the players will be pushed on to turtle rock, where they will battle as best they can. Once in this area, a portal will appear that will briefly teleport all players to the light world turtle rock, where multiple rocks are there to pick up and throw at one another, but the characters are soon taken back to the dark world, when suddenly, the ether plate is activated! The turtle mouth opens and the camera flies in to the mouth of the cave, where the players are teleported to the inside of the dungeon!

The players go through yet another bridge, but this one is moving, and will not break. No, the danger here are the eyes on the side, which will occasionally open and shoot lasers at the players! As the players go to the end of the room, they will see the big door unlock itself and the players go to the boos room, where they must avoid the three headed serpent as it attacks them!

Do this for long enough and the three headed monster explodes! This will automatically transport the players up to(and i know this is a long stretch, but we can't have the level go on forever) the top of ganon's tower. At the very top the players will battle. The clouds are dark, lightning flashes across the sky(behind them this time) and it begins to rain heavily(making it a pretty epic place to battle).

The tower will flash colours below the players, and every so often, Agahnim will appear and try to cast magical balls of energy at you(which can be deflected with any timed attack, and also dodged). Eventually, Agahnim will fall, and the tower will crumble, sending the players falling down until they hit the base of the tower. Then the screen moves on in a mushroomy-kingdom fashion until the players reach the bridge, and the cycle begins again!

Tracks for the stage:
Legend of Zelda- A Link To The Past- Dark World(brawl version)
Legend of Zelda- A Link To The Past- Death Mountain(brawl version)
Legend of Zelda- A Link To The Past- Final Battle
Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time- Temple of Time(a note on this one: You may think it doesn't fit the mood, but i can imagine it doing so quite efficiently. It's the serenity of the dark storm, something you can listen to rain and thunder to. Oooh, it's hard to explain!)
Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess- Ganon's Tower
Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess- Puppet Zelda which leads in to Dark Beast Ganon, which leads in to Ganon on Horseback and finally to Dark Lord Ganon. These 4 songs should be linked together in to the ganon boss epic(or some collective name).
And of course, as the two tracks that will play when you go in to the caves, we have:
1. LoZ: LttP Cave theme
and 2. Fairy cave theme.
Sorry if it seemed like a poor selection of music. Feel free to add your own and i'll test it to see whether it fits. But yeah it's just it was surprisingly hard to think of good tracks for this one.

How do you like it?
Great job. I had some difficulty understanding the stage gimmicks, but I eventually understood it all in the end. I think Death Mountain would make a great stage.

If we got it, though, it would probably be paired with a Skyloft stage for Skyward Sword.

How about Giygas for Smash 4 (Anyone else keep wanting to say Brawl?)

I still want Giygas' place from Earthbound as a stage. It would be really creepy
Oh god, I remember hearing Giygas's real boss theme. It left me depressed for the entire day. But Giygas as the final Adventure Mode boss? **** yeah.

A whiney cloud with pants is slightly less cool than a puppet Gandalf with lazer beams.

LOL.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Who are you? Legendary Game Designer Sakurai Himself? No? Okay then anyone has a chance and Master Chief and Arbiter are pretty much confirmed.
Stop embarrassing yourself. Master Chief is never getting in, because he's Microsoft's property.

End of story.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
but it'd be good for both companies to see MC in the game
I know this is technically feeding the troll, but I will say, I really DO hope that something as ridiculous as a Microsoft character getting in does happen. You know why? CAUSE IT WOULD BE BANJO/KAZOOIE! **** YES!!!!!!!!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I know this is technically feeding the troll, but I will say, I really DO hope that something as ridiculous as a Microsoft character getting in does happen. You know why? CAUSE IT WOULD BE BANJO/KAZOOIE! **** YES!!!!!!!!

I'm back!

Oh, and the Hoots is absolutely right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom