• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I had that idea myself, but it was more of a Starman buff. People considered my idea to be too powerful, so I later considered giving my input to the Rainbow Star, and make it a rare item.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12957999&postcount=10276
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12958461&postcount=10291
Actually it wouldn't be a bad idea at all, even if it did provide another killing option the item would be just as rare as a Gold Hammer, there's always an option to turn it off as well.

I like the idea of super strength and speed, that would work wonders on an opponent who only seems to want to escape from you.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Listen man, if you don't care enough about what you're saying, why should I invest time in reading what you have to say? You've already made a few contradictions via mistakes, I'm not going to waste time figuring out whats right or wrong about them

Star, I don't see why you're stepping in on this. We know the roles, no need to explain how it works. Most of us aren't here to win debates anyhow. I know I'm here for the good of healthy discussion.
Well dang... Excuse me. I'll stick with my graphics and stage designs.

BTW, NvC will play like much of the Vs. games. More like Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, but a tad faster. It will have about slightly above as many characters as vanilla MvC.

D

Deleted member

@Pseudomaniac: Alright, response to your roster:

Super Mario Bros.: Drop Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario and if you keep Bowser Jr., make him an unlockable.

Donkey Kong: Fine with me, but if you want to have a villain as a starter, make King K. Rool a starter. He's more of a starter material the other villains that are new.

Metroid: Make Ridley an unlockable. He's definitely unlockable material.

Pokemon: Add a fifth slot. I think we have a good shot of getting one and add one of Mewtwo, Lucario, or Meowth.

Fire Emblem: I'm a bit effy on Fire Emblem getting third rep, but I'll accept it as it is. You may want to consider making Marth a starter.

Earthbound: Fine with me, but make one of Ness or Lucas an unlockable.

Third-Party: Sonic and Snake are almost definitely not going to be made available from the start. Make them unlockable. Also, drop Black Mage and add one of the following in his spot:

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Ryu Hayabusa
Slime
Professor Layton
Starphoenix said:
Inevitably we are going to get Nintendo vs. Capcom, so all of the technical mechanics I'd enjoy will be realized in that time.
Why is a Nintendo Vs. Capcom inevitable?
OmegaXVII said:
Nintendo vs Capcom? How would that go? As far as gameplay mechanics go?
It would play like other Vs. Capcom games.
OmegaXVII said:
THIS is what I would love to see, it's basically the "super" version of the Starman but it's definetly more powerful, a player would glow as seen in the pic, it would cause a burning knockback just like it's been seen in Mario games, it would even boost a players speed as well and as a bonus it would even have it's own theme, how awesome would this be.
I would love to see something like this. It should be able to damage on just touching the foe; making it more effective.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nintendo Vs. Capcom is inevitable because both Nitsuma and Ono have expressed interest in developing a crossover title with Nintendo. Nintendo needs good, exclusive hardcore games to win over the "brodude" base to the Wii U. Plus it would sell extremely well for Capcom as anything with Nintendo characters on the front do.

There is 100% in my mind that this title will come. It isn't if, but when?

D

Deleted member

Nintendo Vs. Capcom is inevitable because both Nitsuma and Ono have expressed interest in developing a crossover title with Nintendo. Nintendo needs good, exclusive hardcore games to win over the "brodude" base to the Wii U. Plus it would sell extremely well for Capcom as anything with Nintendo characters on the front do.

There is 100% in my mind that this title will come. It isn't if, but when?

Yeah I've been getting the feeling that we would be getting this eventually; I'm just not expecting this to occur. That said, it would be unbelievably awesome and I would buy it instantaneously.

However, I wouldn't have much of an expectation on it. I am only expecting these characters to be playable if it does happen:

Nintendo:
Mario
Link
Samus

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun-Li

Perhaps I could form a social discussion group to talk about this if allowed?

OmegaXXII

Megaman? I'm not going to bash the guy but seeing how Crapcom Capcom has been treating him as of late I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't included in such a game.

And yes, a social discussion group would be nice.

D

Deleted member

Megaman? I'm not going to bash the guy but seeing how Crapcom Capcom has been treating him as of late I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't included in such a game.

And yes, a social discussion group would be nice.

I think he stands a good chance of being included in this game because of his history with Nintendo. If this happens, Nintendo will definitely want to get Mega Man on board to appease people who have been heavily demanding he reappear in a fighting game.

Also, creating social group now...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Most people think Nintendo wouldn't have any good fighters. But we have Fire Emblem, Nintendo Wars, Metroid, Zelda, Sin and Punishment, F Zero, Takamaru, etc...

Heck, I'll make up a roster when I get off work

ryuu seika

Smash Master
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: How are we meant to tell the difference between Blood Falcon coloured Captain Falcon and Captain Falcon coloured Blood Falcon? Blood Falcon IS a clone of CF after all.
Can we get Phoenix (the F-Zero one) as a Falcon alt too?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I could see Marth being playable. His Capcom mirror could be Brood Ryu from Breath of Fire. He would be a great obscure choice that is relatively popular.

Brood Ryu is part dragon, Marth has fought some dragons. Both are swordsman and have blue hair.

OmegaXXII

I could see Marth being playable. His Capcom mirror could be Brood Ryu from Breath of Fire. He would be a great obscure choice that is relatively popular.

Brood Ryu is part dragon, Marth has fought some dragons. Both are swordsman and have blue hair.

Wow is this Brood Ryu guy that cool? He sounds like a very interesting character, man which Breath of Fire do you think or recommend me to play or get started on?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: How are we meant to tell the difference between Blood Falcon coloured Captain Falcon and Captain Falcon coloured Blood Falcon? Blood Falcon IS a clone of CF after all.
Holy crap, where have you been?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who? What??

Hey Kuma, who would you like to see in a Nintendo vs. Capcom game?

Nintendo:
Link
Samus
Fox
Mewtwo
Krystal
Ridley
Tom Nook (if Phoenix Wright can happen)

Capcom:
Juri
Phoenix Wright
Chun-Li
Amaterasu
Tron Bonne
Jill
Strider

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think he'd fit in a vs. type engine, but I could be wrong.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow is this Brood Ryu guy that cool? He sounds like a very interesting character, man which Breath of Fire do you think or recommend me to play or get started on?

Heck yeah he is!

If i wasn't on my phone and at work I'd post a picy7re and video. Breath of Fire 3 is my recommendation.

OmegaXXII

Oh really? Well I'll be looking forward to your recommendation then.

El Fuerte would be nice, how about Phoenix Wright, he likes the most deserving now that he's in UMvC3. I could be wrong though.

D

Deleted member

Oh really? Well I'll be looking forward to your recommendation then.

El Fuerte would be nice, how about Phoenix Wright, he likes the most deserving now that he's in UMvC3. I could be wrong though.

For Phoenix Wright, we'll have to see. It more or less depends on how well he plays in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Given that he's actually playable in that game, I would say if he gets high demands that he has a good shot in Nintendo Vs. Capcom.

OmegaXXII

Exactly, we just need to see if he's top material, unless he turns out to be gimmicky I doubt he's going to be left out, but man I wish they at least announced it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they add poison to Nintendo vs Capcom it's Nintendo counterpart is Birdo

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Regardless whether he is the boss or not at least he's not doing it all himself, plus Brawl was made to appeal casual gamers, this time around he might want to appeal both casual and competative players alike, ideas change!

Sakurai has been consistent though his entire career. He has always tried to make games accessible and said Melee was a mistake.

But SmashChu doesn't change.:troll:
No. It's that "Smashchu doesn't want to hop on the super competitive band wagon, so thus he never changes." Never seen you change either.

Kuma, your ideas are stupid. All you do is rip ideas from other fighting games and try to mesh them into this game. Since your take attributes from unsuccessful games of a dying genre, I come him and say how it's wrong and Smash should be Smash because it has been successful and why Street Fighter died for like 10 years. I'll logically mention how you don't take plays from a losing team, and logically so (why not look at successful people? Fighting game fans learn from the top players, not the bottom). You'll try to rationalize it with something like "Oh, but it can appeal to both." Then I'll come with numbers on how Melee sold badly in Japan and Sakurai saw that or how those ideas are not working for super competitive fighting games didn't succeed and lost players or how accessible games like WoW, Starcraft and others have done well. Eventually, you'll give up.

You don't change more than I. I never changed my argument because I never needed to. I just tried different approaches. Your basis is based on your emotions, not rational. You don't want to admit that the games you like are lesser to Smash in the grand scheme of things or that Smash will not become those other games. You'll rationalize it rather than drill a hole in my argument.

I don't need your opinion. I could just Google some fighting game and get the same ideas.

Decreasing the amount of landing lag makes Smash more inaccessible...?
The reason people used L-Cancel is that it made them move and attack faster. All no landing lag does is make you be able to attack from the air faster, increasing the barrier for entry. The structure of Smash is fine now. Adding content and refining the mechanics slightly is all that is needed.

D

Deleted member

@SmashChu: IIRC, Sakurai didn't say the game was a mistake, just that working on it constantly with limited break was his misteake.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh SmashChu.... Never have I had contact with anyone close minded.

I mean you contribute nothing to any discussion other than opposition to new ideas and demand that everything stay the same. Not only that, you support your "arguments" with sales data and stringing your theories with sales data and treating them as facts when there are several factors involved and not just one.

Honestly, I think the above summarizes you up well in just two sentences.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Physical appearances obviously. The Blood Falcon alternate outfit would use the exact same animation data as Captain Falcon's basic outfit. The only difference would be the model appearance, along with the textures.

Remember, Classic Wario and WarioWare Wario used the exact same animations and movesets, despite having different models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom