• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Don't you mean same moveset, but different appearance? Alternate Outfits would not affect movesets at all.
Basically yes, such an example would be Luigi having his Mr. L costume, even if he looks a little different he would still play the same because it's just an alterenate costume, tbh they should have done this with Mario in Melee, thus we probably could have potentially had room for another character despite him being short on time.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Basically yes, such an example would be Luigi having his Mr. L costume, even if he looks a little different he would still play the same because it's just an alterenate costume, tbh they should have done this with Mario in Melee, thus we probably could have potentially had room for another character despite him being short on time.

Nah, Sakurai said he originally planned like 20 characters for Melee, but added several clones when the development for Melee was nearing it's end. Sakurai even said Ganondorf was lucky he had a similar body-shape to Captain Falcon, otherwise he wouldn't have made it.

And Luigi with a Mr. L alternate costume would be awesome. Seriously, alternate outfits in fighting games have existed forever, along with creatable characters (Miis!). Why the heck hasn't Nintendo jumped on that train? There is no way they could go wrong with the former (unless there's some inappropriate outfit I guess), and the latter can only fail if it's broken, has multiple movesets (in which one or more is broken is extremely weak, ie: Pichu or Mewtwo in Melee status).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai has been consistent though his entire career. He has always tried to make games accessible and said Melee was a mistake.
When has Sakurai said Melee was a mistake? I've read several articles where he said that Melee was meant for casual play, not competitive play. He says stuff along the lines of he doesn't root for a team, but the competition, the competitiveness, and the fun of it. He didn't exactly promote competitive play, but he didn't condone it. And yes, that was of Melee. People take stuff written about Melee, and assume it was about Brawl.

The fact any of the games can be played competitively is a good thing. Something tells me Sakurai has some intent for them to be played that way, and has added features to where the series can be competitive. He changed and experimented a lot of stuff in Brawl (quite a bit more from SSB64 to Melee), and there is definitely a chance for him to experiment with two upcoming games.

As far as from what I can tell about what Sakurai cares about, as long as you have fun with him games, he would be happy. Heck, he met a ton of smashers at some convention about 7 to 9 months after Brawl came out, and they gave him tons of stuff (and asked a few questions, along with tons of thanks). I'm pretty dang sure he felt proud to give them the games they love the way it is.

Also, calm down bro. No need to be angry. It's just a casual discussion of the future of smash. You don't have to like anyone's ideas, but at least give constructive and fair criticism. Hell, I hate every time a certain green wearing, balloon flying, thieving green suited moron comes up probably ten times more than you . Have fun with it. :cool: :grin:

@ Jordan
How would Young Link work? They'd have to totally de-cel-shade him, which would be a lot more work than usual. They'd have to probably get his voice actor back (assuming it isn't adult Link's voice actor, because it isn't Toon Link's voice actor), and completely make a brand new reanimation (that or just shrink adult Link and change his clothes a tad). That sounds like more work than it is worth.

Also, something tells me there may be a chance that Adult Link may be slightly cel-shaded, like in Skyward Sword. Any thoughts on that?

OmegaXXII

Here Omega, here is Brood Ryu for you:

[COLLAPSE="Brood Ryu"]

Ryu Sword Fighting
Ryu Dragon Fighting
Ryu Warrior Dragon Fighting[/COLLAPSE]
Holy goodness!!

He looks like an FE characters which is awesome, I would definetly like to see him clash swords with either Marth or Ike, how wonderfully estactic would that be!!

@JohnKnight: Hmm..as far as Link's look goes it will most likely be from Skyward Sword, it looks kinda handrawn but looks cool though, Zelda though looks very different but then again SS is based before Ganon was even around so yea.

I wonder of Ganon would also get his textures redesigned since he isn't in SS.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Holy goodness!!

He looks like an FE characters which is awesome, I would definetly like to see him clash swords with either Marth or Ike, how wonderfully estactic would that be!!

@JohnKnight: Hmm..as far as Link's look goes it will most likely be from Skyward Sword, it looks kinda handrawn but looks cool though, Zelda though looks very different but then again SS is based before Ganon was even around so yea.

He is even better than an FE character. Did you watch the vids? Yeah, dragon forms.

Level 1 - Whelp
Level 2 - Dragon
Level 2 - Warrior
Level 3 - Kaiser

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

You never know with Link, or Smash. They could easily do two models of him, like with Wario (I'd be all for it). They could also kind of combine a newer, higher graphical version idea of him with his Skyward Sword appearance, similarly to what they did in Melee with Ganondorf (combining his Ocarina of Time and the 2000 Nintendo Space World Trailer looks). Also, hopefully if the Gale Boomerang returns, it actually does DAMAGE! :mad:

As for Ganondorf, Miyamoto mentioned Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time, and that it may explain Ganondorf's past or why he is the way he is, so there is a good chance he could be in Skyward Sword. Remember how everyone was going on and on about how Ganondorf didn't have a shot at being Twilight Princess' main villain after Zant was revealed? (or to a lesser extent, Four Swords Adventures after Vatti was revealed as the supposed main villain) Ganondorf always seems to resurrect, appear, reappear, die, vanished, or be locked away, and then repeat.

Still, I like the idea of a super amazing graphical version of Ganondorf more, especially if it makes him look even more vicious, makes his voice sound ridiculously evil (like to a whole new level!), and gives him a sword, more evil and dark magic, and more strength and abilities from the Triforce of Power to destroy the competition with. G'dog really deserves a comeback after sucking in Brawl (same goes with Mewtwo in Melee). Basically, both should play like they're GOD, but still be balanced. (whatever that means! :laugh: :troll:)

Yo Knight, I'm glad to have perceptive players like you to bring sense to the table. I don't think I can count the amount of end all be all nay sayers that speak on the behalf of how games are supposed to be played.
_

Ryu is a special type of character that maintains his flare as protagonist. FE aint got a thing on this fellow.
Nah, I imagine SmashChu was just having a bad day. It's fine. I've gone on rants similar to that. Like when everyone thought Ness was de-confirmed in Brawl after Lucas was confirmed. Right after I finally got around to accepting it, he randomly got confirmed in Brawl by accident! :grin: :laugh: :chuckle: :cool:

As for Ryu, he'd make an epic smash bros character. If there is a supposed Capcom vs. Nintendo game (I'm assuming it's not going to be on the Xbox 360! :laugh:), then why not have Ryu as promotion (along with mah boi Mega Man)=??? That would be epic to the max! :reverse:

Also, hopefully that would impact the Street Fighter community to largely stop acting like such jerks to the smash community (although their best players seem to be cool with smash, and play it from time to time). I hate elitist scrubs who think they're better because they play "cooler video games," even though video games are toys just like Barbie and Power Ranger dolls! (NO! THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES!) :grin: :laugh: :chuckle:

That's probably being too hopeful, though.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
Heck yea it is, we need some discussion around here but no one seems to want to..
Probably because there's not much left to discuss, especially since we've debated the same things over and over again. Honestly, I never though I would say this, but it's starting to get kind of boring. I'd edit my Victini essay, but Livejournal is not letting me do it.
OmegaXVII said:
I would have to agree with you on this. We would have gotten five slots with an actually original character if Dr. Mario was merely an alternate costume with Mario.
Johnknight1 said:
As for Ganondorf, Miyamoto mentioned Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time, and that it may explain Ganondorf's past or why he is the way he is, so there is a good chance he could be in Skyward Sword. Remember how everyone was going on and on about how Ganondorf didn't have a shot at being Twilight Princess' main villain after Zant was revealed? (or to a lesser extent, Four Swords Adventures after Vatti was revealed as the supposed main villain) Ganondorf always seems to resurrect, appear, reappear, die, vanished, or be locked away, and then repeat.
It's been confirmed that Ganondorf wouldn't make an appearance. I doubt that'll change.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Probably because there's not much left to discuss, especially since we've debated the same things over and over again. Honestly, I never though I would say this, but it's starting to get kind of boring.
I got a topic I've been wanting to talk about. Should we keep the Level Editor and if so how can we improve it?

Or do you think Smash should have minigames (Homerun contest, break the targets, etc) or just stick with fighting?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
First off, alternate outfits, costumes, whatever beyond 6 per character can also wait until the game is released as DLC (seriously, the Pokermans and Sonic needed new and better colors). Although if the graphic designers have nothing better to do, let 'em have at it and design as many as they can until more important projects come along.

Hopefully if there is DLC alternate outfits/costumes/character designs, Nintendo wouldn't charge you up the butt like Capcom did with Street Fighter IV! :mad:

Mr. L, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Sigurd, *insert other Fire Emblem character alternate outfit for Marth here*, Raichu (YES-h!), Jigglypuff's pre and post-evolutionary forms, different-looking Pokémon Trainers (although that'd be kinda pointless), Mr. L, Waluigi (for Luigi), Raccoon Mario and other forms of Mario and Luigi (for the lulz), Bowser with Link's hat on fitted for his size (hopefully it comes without Navi! :grin:), Ganondorf in Zero Suit Samus' outfit (I'd pay to play as that!), etc. :laugh:

There are literally LIMITLESS possibilities, and most are pretty easy to make. Maybe they could even add a costume designer feature, made very similar to other fighting games.

It's been confirmed that Ganondorf wouldn't make an appearance. I doubt that'll change.
Still, they may have made a Ganondorf design, similarly as to what they did with Sheik in Twilight Princess. Although I must admit I'd much rather see a super realistic, evil to the max Ganondorf with an even eviler voice, face, body, and persona. That would be sooooo awesome! :grin: :awesome: :cool:

OmegaXXII

@JohnKnight: it would be so cool if they actually made Ganon and Mewtwo play and look godly, they should definetly be at least A material in the tier list, I mean why not? It would totally make fanboys happy if if they were to be a bit broken? :laugh:

is Ganon really going to appear in Skyward Sword? I thought he wasn't though. :/

OmegaXXII

First off, alternate outfits, costumes, whatever beyond 6 per character can also wait until the game is released as DLC (seriously, the Pokermans and Sonic needed new and better colors). Although if the graphic designers have nothing better to do, let 'em have at it and design as many as they can until more important projects come along.

Hopefully if there is DLC alternate outfits/costumes/character designs, Nintendo wouldn't charge you up the butt like Capcom did with Street Fighter IV! :mad:

Mr. L, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Sigurd, *insert other Fire Emblem character alternate outfit for Marth here*, Raichu (YES-h!), Jigglypuff's pre and post-evolutionary forms, different-looking Pokémon Trainers (although that'd be kinda pointless), Mr. L, Waluigi (for Luigi), Raccoon Mario and other forms of Mario and Luigi (for the lulz), Bowser with Link's hat on fitted for his size (hopefully it comes without Navi! :grin:), Ganondorf in Zero Suit Samus' outfit (I'd pay to play as that!), etc. :laugh:

There are literally LIMITLESS possibilities, and most are pretty easy to make. Maybe they could even add a costume designer feature, made very similar to other fighting games.
I agree with this, all of it!! Ganondorf in a slim suit?! Oh my...:awesome:

Mewtwo definetly needs to have his Armor on, Armored Mewtwo!!? I would sooo main him, just make him a bit heavier and all would be fine.:cool:

JohnKnight said:
Still, they may have made a Ganondorf design, similarly as to what they did with Sheik in Twilight Princess. Although I must admit I'd much rather see a super realistic, evil to the max Ganondorf with an even eviler voice, face, body, and persona. That would be sooooo awesome! :grin: :awesome: :cool:
A super evil Ganondorf would definetly be one of the coolest characters in Smash history asidem from the Black Knight of course, he would be waiting at you in Final Destination all while using dark spells and holding his Epic Sword, that would be awesome.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@JohnKnight: it would be so cool if they actually made Ganon and Mewtwo play and look godly, they should definetly be at least A material in the tier list, I mean why not? It would totally make fanboys happy if if they were to be a bit broken? :laugh:

is Ganon really going to appear in Skyward Sword? I thought he wasn't though. :/
I don't want them to be broken (I want them and everyone else to be as balanced as possible). I just want to play them feeling like I'm controlling a God-like character. When casual players first touched Melee, that is how they felt initially with Mewtwo (mostly because they wanted him to be that way). An indestructible character with psychic abilities second to none.

That's how each character should feel: powerful, unique, and their own character. The first is kind of hard to do but Brawl probably did it for casual players (not so much for competitive players), the middle has been pretty well done, and the latter has definitely happened with Brawl. Hopefully we see good trends continue in smash going forward. Feeling like you're indestructible is simply a feeling that cannot be described other than it feel's really dang good, and that's a feeling that Sakurai may want to explore with several villains (without breaking them).

He probably isn't, but it may explain some of his back story. You never know. He may just be a regular guy in that game with some sort of Shakespearean flaw, motivation, envy, or rage that may or may not be revealed. Imagine that! :laugh:

Also, hopefully Sakurai resurrects many of the good and God-like qualities Melee Ganon had (Ganon stomp ftw!), whilst keeping Ganon and the roster balanced. There's a huge difference from a character feeling invincible, and being invincible. :glare: :bee: :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with this, all of it!! Ganondorf in a slim suit?! Oh my...:awesome:

Mewtwo definetly needs to have his Armor on, Armored Mewtwo!!? I would sooo main him, just make him a bit heavier and all would be fine.:cool:

A super evil Ganondorf would definetly be one of the coolest characters in Smash history asidem from the Black Knight of course, he would be waiting at you in Final Destination all while using dark spells and holding his Epic Sword, that would be awesome.
Dude, Ganondorf in that suit would be friggen hilarious. Who wouldn't want that? We'd get to see his fine as heck legs, and perhaps see Wario grab him there like a total friggen creeper! :laugh:

Did you know Mewtwo is considered a lightweight in Melee despite the Pokédex saying he weighs 269 pounds? That's probably about the weight of a pretty heavy linebacker (or light defensive or offensive lineman) in football-or Barry Bonds on stereoids! :laugh:

He doesn't need armor to weigh more (that'd probably put on at least 20 or so pounds), but it could make an epic outfit. He just needs to have his weight accurately portrayed (probably make him heavier than Ganondorf, have flight or psychic warping abilities, use epic psychic attacks, but do little damage, or be combo-based).

Also, could you imagine how awesome a Ganondorf arrival in the story would be if he fought against Link part-way through the new story's epic quest? It would be up there on the epic scale!

Please hook us up with your ideas. My thoughts about level editing are rather dry. Need some a spark.
Simple: Everything used as a stage prop or ground should be in the stage editor. Bam. I went there. No reason that those individual parts shouldn't be in, along with such things as the option to go through certain objects or not (and have them look a certain way or look a certain way so you could tell).

Hopefully the developers could at least make for accurate stage re-creations (although hopefully that would be unneeded), or at least epic original stages, that hopefully would actually be original, fun, and balanced enough to be tournament legal. The last stage editor/creator felt like an afterthought. This time, it should be a full on feature that everyone uses and loves. I've built dozens of stages, several of which are balanced or would make great counter-pick stages, but because of the lack of certain parts, they aren't as good as they could be. Also, the limit of parts should be endless like the hackers have made so with Brawl, mwyhahahaha!

Edit: Never read anything about Sakurai calling Melee a mistake. As far as I know, Sakurai never said it was a mistake, but felt the game should be fun. And when I've gone to tournaments, I've had fun competing, and I'm sure that'd make Sakurai happy that other players feel that way from his game, even if he did or did not intend for the game to be fun in that way. To me, competition is fun, not because I want to win or lose (although I like winning, and I like learning how to improve), and I love how awesome competitive smash is-at each game. I've faced some of the best at each game, and although they totally ***** me up the backside, I loved every minute of it because I got to witness great players, learn from them, and learn how they play to possibly input some of their style into my style.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Please hook us up with your ideas. My thoughts about level editing are rather dry. Need some a spark.
_

The 'melee = mistake' delusion is something I find hard to tolerate. That was the only concern I was addressing JKnight.
Well I have my ideas on my general SSB 4 blog but I'll sum some ideas ups.

General mechanics
- Instead of selecting 3 generic sizes one should be able to select the height and width of the stage. This way you can have long stages for like tracks or tall tower stages.

- Backgrounds should be more availabe (At least use some of the backgrounds from premade stages).

- Items can fit more intracitly or possibly by overlapping. There was an editor online that allowed that and it worked fine.

- Water or lava can be set at the bottom of the screen.

Items
-Instead of generic items they should have items from various games. These items can also be used in Adventure mode to save space.

- Items can be rotated

-I don't know about this idea but maybe NPC's or NPC generators can be added to make it feel like your fighting more then your opponent.

Special themed items
Mario Items
- Bullet Bill Cannons
- Breakable Blocks (Reform after some time)
- Invisible Blocks
- Pirahna Plants

Zelda Items
- Whirlwinds (like in 64)
- Beambos
- Cuttable Grass

Kid Icarus
- Healing ponds
- Tentacle creeps

Metroid
- The aliens that looks like a croissant and if you freeze them they can be used as a platform

Generic
- Bumpers
- Fire/lava Blocks

That's just some of the ideas.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Alright guys, here is that Nintendo Vs. Capcom roster I promised I'd do. Linked each character to their prospective theme's. Also have them listed according to their rival from the opposite list. Tell me your thoughts?

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Captain Falcon
Saki Amamiya
Marth
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Metaknight
Peach
Will
Mewtwo
Little Mac
Takamaru
Ness
Luigi
Fox
Captain. Olimar

Boss: Bowser
Boss: Ganondorf

Ryu
Zero
Felyne
Frank West
Megaman
Phoenix Wright
Dante
Brood Ryu
Hakan
Chun Li
Strider Hiryu
Morrigan
Leon Kennedy
Bass.EXE
Batsu
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Zack and Wiki

Boss: Dr. Wily
Boss: M. Bison

Final Boss: Giygas

OmegaXXII

Alright guys, here is that Nintendo Vs. Capcom roster I promised I'd do. Linked each character to their prospective theme's. Also have them listed according to their rival from the opposite list. Tell me your thoughts?

Mario[
Link
Pikachu

Kirby
Samus
Captain Falcon
Saki Amamiya
Marth

Donkey Kong
Zelda
Metaknight

Peach
Will
Mewtwo
Little Mac
Takamaru
Ness
Luigi
Fox

Captain. Olimar

Boss: Bowser
Boss: Ganondorf

Ryu

Zero
Felyne
Frank West
Megaman
Phoenix Wright THIS!!!
Dante
Brood Ryu
THIS!!!
Hakan
Chun Li
Strider Hiryu
Morrigan
Leon Kennedy

Bass.EXE
Batsu
Amaterasu
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur
Chris Redfield
Zack and Wiki

Boss: Dr. Wily
Boss: M. Bison

Final Boss: Giygas

The ones in bold I agree, I would add Zangief or Sagat, after all they are old school big characters, I would also add Nero or Virgil instead of Dante, also another FE rep would be nice ahem...

But aside from those, it's a pretty good list.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
but why?
people already have plenty of ideas, rosters, recommendations, movesets, etc.
I don't know "why" they do it but it's what they did when Brawl was coming out. It wasn't until the first trailer shown at E3 did they create a new board.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
[/COLOR]

The ones in bold I agree, I would add Zangief or Sagat, after all they are old school big characters, I would also add Nero or Virgil instead of Dante.

But aside from those, it's a pretty good list.
Looking back I'd swap Luigi for Pit. He would be a great counter for Arthur.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This game needs its own board

One topic full of jumbled ideas is not doing the job you guys
Seriously. Too many topics, too much time! :laugh:

We got characters (first and foremost), mechanics, physics, potential move sets for newcomers, potential move sets chances for veterans, online upgrades, possible online modes, leader boards, different online game types, LAN game play (they should totally have it!), online versus, the possibility of online and LAN having more than 4 player games (imagine how awesome 4 vs. 4 would be), the possibility of Nintendo and others hosting online tournaments, online content (like the automatically send stages and pics in Brawl), how Nintendo should upgrade their online, whether Friend's Codes will return (pray, write letters, flame Nintendo; this needs to die!), how the Wii U graphics will work, how the Wii U online will work, the possibility of mics and player/friend chat (rooms), how the Wii U will work, how the 3DS will handle smash, possibly roster, stage, and item difference between the two, possibly 3DS vs Wii U smash battles, how the Adventure mode and/or SSE will work out, the coin launcher, what stages will return, new stages, new franchises, what franchise will get stage/item/character rep, create-a-stage ideas/upgrades, alternate outfits, character DLC, item DLC, online content DLC, alternate outfit/costume DLC, trophies, stickers, new collectables, new items, returning items and their changes, classic modes' future, event matches, All-Star mode, break the targets, the home run contest, how to fix tournament mode, whether or not there will online tournament, the possible return of land on the platform (would be awesome!), the possibility of doing single-player modes with a friend (offline and online), the future of options, the options of items, the options of combining modes (ie: super metal hyper speed heavy bunny hood fights!), new music, the future of music in smash (make the songs at least 3-6 minutes long!), the possibility of adding on music (I want a stage with songs off Diary of a Madman), the possibility of playing any on disc song on any stage (Green Hill Zone on Mushroom Kingdom ftw! :laugh:), create-a-characters/Miis, the possible returning Pokéball Pokémon (all of them... please?), new Pokéball Pokémon, returning Assist Trophies, new Assist Trophies, returning bosses (hopefully Rayquaza!), new bosses (hopefully Gigyas!), new SSE enemies, the SSE's plot, the possibility of SSE having more than 2 players playing, the SSE possibly being playable online, as well as new modes that could be added to classic and regular multiplayer modes, etc.

You can go on and on and on forever about stuff to talk about, and I'm pretty sure we've covered at least 90% of it in this thread and the 3DS Smash thread! :laugh:

Also, I'd do regular Bass over Bass.EXE (he can be an alternate outfit). That and Will (maybe Takamaru since he has yet to be revived, although he could make a future smash bros appearance for sure). Also, who is Will, and why would he be worthy? Plus Zamus would probably happen, since fighting game developers love attractive women (often to the point of perversion), including Capcom.

Edit: Nintendo would take Luigi over Pit anydays. But Pit definitely would have a shot at such a game. Alas, I think it's a discussion for another thread. I think we might want to take it over to another group.

Also, Epic matchup from Genesis (Taj as Marth vs. MacD as Peach). Pretty epic to the max. Match 2 is especially extremely epic awesomeness status (4:14 to 8:48)

Weruop

Smash Ace

We got characters (first and foremost), mechanics, physics, potential move sets for newcomers, potential move sets chances for veterans, online upgrades, possible online modes, leader boards, different online game types, LAN game play (they should totally have it!), online versus, the possibility of online and LAN having more than 4 player games (imagine how awesome 4 vs. 4 would be), the possibility of Nintendo and others hosting online tournaments, online content (like the automatically send stages and pics in Brawl), how Nintendo should upgrade their online, whether Friend's Codes will return (pray, write letters, flame Nintendo; this needs to die!), how the Wii U graphics will work, how the Wii U online will work, the possibility of mics and player/friend chat (rooms), how the Wii U will work, how the 3DS will handle smash, possibly roster, stage, and item difference between the two, possibly 3DS vs Wii U smash battles, how the Adventure mode and/or SSE will work out, the coin launcher, what stages will return, new stages, new franchises, what franchise will get stage/item/character rep, create-a-stage ideas/upgrades, alternate outfits, character DLC, item DLC, online content DLC, alternate outfit/costume DLC, trophies, stickers, new collectables, new items, returning items and their changes, classic modes' future, event matches, All-Star mode, break the targets, the home run contest, how to fix tournament mode, whether or not there will online tournament, the possible return of land on the platform (would be awesome!), the possibility of doing single-player modes with a friend (offline and online), the future of options, the options of items, the options of combining modes (ie: super metal hyper speed heavy bunny hood fights!), new music, the future of music in smash (make the songs at least 3-6 minutes long!), the possibility of adding on music (I want a stage with songs off Diary of a Madman), the possibility of playing any on disc song on any stage (Green Hill Zone on Mushroom Kingdom ftw! :laugh:), create-a-characters/Miis, the possible returning Pokéball Pokémon (all of them... please?), new Pokéball Pokémon, returning Assist Trophies, new Assist Trophies, returning bosses (hopefully Rayquaza!), new bosses (hopefully Gigyas!), new SSE enemies, the SSE's plot, the possibility of SSE having more than 2 players playing, the SSE possibly being playable online, as well as new modes that could be added to classic and regular multiplayer modes, etc.

You can go on and on and on forever about stuff to talk about, and I'm pretty sure we've covered at least 90% of it in this thread and the 3DS Smash thread! :laugh:

Also, I'd do regular Bass over Bass.EXE (he can be an alternate outfit). That and Will (maybe Takamaru since he has yet to be revived, although he could make a future smash bros appearance for sure). Also, who is Will, and why would he be worthy? Plus Zamus would probably happen, since fighting game developers love attractive women (often to the point of perversion), including Capcom.
u should send this to the admins :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Edit: Nintendo would take Luigi over Pit anydays. But Pit definitely would have a shot at such a game. Alas, I think it's a discussion for another thread. I think we might want to take it over to another group.]
Bass.EXE was highly requested as a Megaman character and would be great Battle Network representative. Plus he is Mewtwo's counter, they are both extremely similar.

Will is from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, I could see Capcom pushing for him as he'd fit more of "their" theme.

Samus first, then Zamus.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That or we could just quote that from every post/page from here on out! :laugh:

I kinda agree with them about not opening a forum. I think they should open multiple threads for multiple specific discussions in a brand new SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS thread (ie: online, returning characters, new characters, general character discussion, items, story, new features, maybe threads about legitimate rumors, etc), but lock it so no new threads can be created except by specific mods or admins, and maybe open a thread for potential new thread ideas.

I don't mind them waiting for new information too much, though, and truth be told, it isn't that big of deal, especially since Genesis 2 (which I missed; water tubing/camping Johns! :cool:) just happened. On top of that, the two games are still in the very beginning of the developmental process, and we have very little legitimate rumors to talk about.

Plus I'm sure the Smash Boards staff is already prepared, seeing their experiences with Brawl and Melee, but I think having multiple threads may help a lot keeping discussion organized. I hope they have a plan, or at least have a few plan or ideas ready going forward with these games' further announcements in the future. :bee:

Edit: I still think Bass is still a more desired character, since he is more well-known. On top of that, Bass.EXE series ended about half a decade ago. I think if Bass.EXE, it would be as an alternate outfit. That would be a win-win since Bass is still fairly similar to Mewtwo.

Haven't played the newer Advance Wars, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for the info. The last ones I played were on the Gameboy Advanced (although I heard the new ones were good as well)... that makes me feel old. :urg:

Samus and Zamus both should be in. Something tells me the worst case scenario is Samus is like a hyper form or whatever, or perhaps Power Suit Samus could become like Phazon/Dark Suit/Varia Suit Samus.

OmegaXXII

No use, they won't listen besides, they already told me that as of now that the Smash 4 announcement is "subject to change" meaning it might get cancelled anytime, so its not worth doing any the boards until we official get an e3 trailer of some kind of DOJO update that's officially announced, otherwise all ideas will be cluttered and lost into the black void which is known as the Smash 4 Wii-U thread. :woman:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Edit: Nintendo would take Luigi over Pit anydays. But Pit definitely would have a shot at such a game. Alas, I think it's a discussion for another thread. I think we might want to take it over to another group.

Also, Epic matchup from Genesis (Taj as Marth vs. MacD as Peach). Pretty epic to the max. Match 2 is especially extremely epic awesomeness status (4:14 to 8:48)
I agree with Weruop. All they need is a board for SSBU/3DS and we can make all the threads. Then we can have whole threads dedicated to Ridley size arguments, Toad's importance in Mario series, or Geno's fanbase strong enough to have him in it.

OmegaXXII

Bass.EXE was highly requested as a Megaman character and would be great Battle Network representative. Plus he is Mewtwo's counter, they are both extremely similar.

Will is from Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, I could see Capcom pushing for him as he'd fit more of "their" theme.

Samus first, then Zamus.
I never get what the difference with Samus and Zamus is Zamus = Zero-Suit?

Anyway Phoenix Wright vs. Will should definetly happen, when I first saw Will I thought he was from an Ace Attorney game. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Zamus = Zero Suit Samus.

I agree with Weruop. All they need is a board for SSBU/3DS and we can make all the threads. Then we can have whole threads dedicated to Ridley size arguments, Toad's importance in Mario series, or Geno's fanbase strong enough to have him in it.
They did that after the first Brawl trailer came out. I don't think it's quite time for that yet. I think the mods should just make threads for specific discussion like "what stages will return?" "what 3rd party characters could make the roster?" (in either game) or "how will items change in Smash Wii U/3DS?"

That's all they should do for now IMO.

Also, I'ma gonna create a SSB Wii U/3DS character prediction thread that should be more epic that Wiseguy's famous Brawl thread. It's gonna be massively awesome! We're going to talk about X's and O's, and Oreo's, and Geno, and of course, fuzzy pickles! :ness: (REFERENCE!) :nessmelee: :nessbrawl: :noness: :grimer: :shyguy:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Anyway Phoenix Wright vs. Will should definetly happen, when I first saw Will I thought he was from an Ace Attorney game. :laugh:
Just the suit, or lack there of in this case.

Yeah, although most people didn't seem to pick up on whom is supposed to mirror whom... :\

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No use, they won't listen besides, they already told me that as of now that the Smash 4 announcement is "subject to change" meaning it might get cancelled anytime, so its not worth doing any the boards until we official get an e3 trailer of some kind of DOJO update that's officially announced, otherwise all ideas will be cluttered and lost into the black void which is known as the Smash 4 Wii-U thread. :woman:
I guess that makes sense. That's a good reason, because until it's officially revealed, they could back out of one, the other, or both. A recent Assassin's Creed game was cancelled on the 3DS (a trailer hadn't been shown, but it was announced for several months), and was eventually cancelled and combined with Assassin's Creed: Revelations, which could happen with Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U. At least the Admins and Mods reasoning makes sense.

Once the games are both revealed, though, we're gonna have a crap-ton of speculation! :grin: :ness:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Man I want to Brawl with somebody. But no one's available. That arena thread doesn't seem to help. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom