• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I'm too lazy to read back more than 20 pages. What happened in the last 24 hours here?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
School starts Monday for me. Sleep at 4:30pm and wake up at night-- my favorite sleep schedule.

Bye.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Will do, just moderate this place some more please, we need to keep this place as clean as possible, I could assist if needed.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A solution has been created for much of the off topic chatter. So hopefully we won't run into the same issue as before.

OmegaXXII

Yes, any off topicness should stay in the backroom, I will personally start reporting posts if I see constant derping.

Now then let's find a topic to discuss shall we?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Alright let's do this! With that Fortune Street game coming out I think Slime has a really big chance of getting in as a Square rep.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I personally find this thread...inferior now. The group is so much better.

If anything, we should be using this thread as the scouting area for new members and the place only the trolls can reach so far.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'm going to mix my posts between this thread and the backroom.

Back on topic, yeah that does raise his chances, but doesn't that also raise the chances of other Square Enix characters in it? I'm not an Enix fan so I wouldn't know.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I believe Slime has the highest chance as a Square rep to get in Smash 4, considering how Slime always ends up in Mario games as of late means that Square and Nintendo definetly have a good relationship together, not to mention history, moreso with Fortune Street coming out I believe Slime's chances are now bigger than ever, he definetly has a realistic chance, and since the Japanese also seem to like him alot, I have little doubts that he won't at least be considered by Sakurai himself is Square does indeed show interest.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is some news, straight from Sakurai's Twitter. Apparently he is studying Street Fighter.

@Sora_Sakurai
桜井 政博 August 2, 2011

参考にムックを買った。『ストリートファイターIV』の判定って、ホントに矩形なんだ。スゴイなー。
http://twitpic.com/5zqsvd

Anybody care to translate the text?

OmegaXXII

I personally find this thread...inferior now. The group is so much better.

If anything, we should be using this thread as the scouting area for new members and the place only the trolls can reach so far.
Agreed, I will remain active in the discussion since it's much more organized as opposed to this clutter topic full of trolls.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just make that...

just saw Star's post....

*Absorbing content*

This....is.....amazing....

SSB4 is about to be BA. Sakurai getting **** done!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So is that what hitbox data looks like visualized? I hope Sakurai is only looking at it for application to SSB4's physics, and not for inclusion of Ken..... not that I don't like Ken, but I really want Megaman. =P

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Guys don't start twisting this into some kind of Megaman doom and gloom topic. This has more to do with mechanics, not characters.

OmegaXXII

Well, it's not off-topic by any means, I'm just considering that fact as to why he is studying Street Fighter which has me puzzled.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm waiting for Kuma to show up... He might find this extraordinarily fascinating.

@Omega: Not saying it was off topic. Just that this has little to do with Megaman's potential inclusion or absence.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I saw that over at Gamefaqs early I was going to post it, I still think Megaman and Slime have greater chances than Ryu.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well, it's not off-topic by any means, I'm just considering that fact as to why he is studying Street Fighter which has me puzzled.

because it's one of the premiere competitive 2D fighting games that uses a similar hitbox system as SSB4.

I'm just wondering what he's looking at exactly... did he see it in a magazine, and that's why he's sharing it on twitter? Or does he have exclusive access to these diagrams?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here is some news, straight from Sakurai's Twitter. Apparently he is studying Street Fighter.

@Sora_Sakurai
桜井 政博 August 2, 2011

参考にムックを買った。『ストリートファイターIV』の判定って、ホントに矩形なんだ。スゴイなー。
http://twitpic.com/5zqsvd

Anybody care to translate the text?
I find this easy to fap to.

Good to see that Sakurai really is doing some research on other games. It should only mean that SSB4 will truly be a milestone in fighting game design.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hi I'm Iblis, I know some Japanese. Here is what I got out of it.

Base translation...

He is admiring the hitboxes. It's very helpful. Something about determination...
He is talking about determination. I think he is using SFVI as inspiration.
:glare:

I find this easy to fap to.

Good to see that Sakurai really is doing some research on other games. It should only mean that SSB4 will truly be a milestone in fighting game design.
I lol'd but yes, I'm very hopeful now.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If he was looking at Street Fighter possible Smash Meter or Diagonal Smashes? Yeah I know it sounds dumb

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Hex
I believe those hitbox pictures came from a magazine. You can easily find hitbox pictures for Yun, Yang, and I believe Evil Ryu and Oni.

I wonder if this means we'll be given the option to have visible hitboxes as you can't normally see this in SFIV, but I do know that the upcoming Skull Girls game will let you have the option to see them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
because it's one of the premiere competitive 2D fighting games that uses a similar hitbox system as SSB4.

I'm just wondering what he's looking at exactly... did he see it in a magazine, and that's why he's sharing it on twitter? Or does he have exclusive access to these diagrams?
The way the lighting in the bottom hand corner is textured I can tell it is a magazine page of sorts. If I remember correctly Capcom produces (or produced) mechanical guides which include hit box descriptions. Perhaps this is what he is looking at?

Now I want to see Chu come in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom