• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Bull****! PART II: Pepto-Bismol (MK BANNED) PLUS Mid-Tier Side Tourney

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Yeah just looked it up, doesn't seem too bad, subway has a stop right there

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
You guys could also take GO to union and subway straight to spadina, that's what Sk and I usually do.
This is what Shard and I usually do as well. This is the only method I've ever taken (other than driving) to get down there and it was pretty easy, I'd recommend it.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
I might come to this, I'll have to bail early enough to be back home by 8 though for another game tournament.

I'll try and figure out transit **** tonight. Are you and Snow bussing it there R e d?
dont worry, i skip pools so singles should finish fairly early.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
but that adds up to 101%
Sorry, 24.09%*
And to whoever asked, I saw the results the day after the poll was closed (believe the poll closed at like 8 pm on the 21st). They took the results down some time afterward (don't know why, but they did.)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Lol what did you think he was?
Thought he was low lol.

Also re: ttc. If you take the subway from union, its kinda confusing if u aren't familiar with it. Spadina is actally 2 stations connected by a tunnel.

If you go union-spadina straight, you'll be at the north part of spadina. When u get there you gotta take the escalator (if you don't see escalators you're at the wrong exit) and then go thru rhe tunnel, and then you're at the south part which is where a&c is. Either take the streetcar south one stop or just walk out of the station to a&c.

Your other option is to ride to st george, and transfer onto a westbound train and go 1 stop. Then you'll already be at the south part of spadina.

Both options take about the same time.

:phone:

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Thought he was low lol.
Can't say I blame you lol.

Before I hit the scence, everyone I played (mostly freinds) used to tell me Ness was cheap (I guess cause I was good with him lol, cause he's not). I then proceeded to go to a tourney where people were NOT n00bs.

Summary of my experience when I lost to a Marth in the semi-finals?

:glare:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
LOL ouch man. :( I'm at the point now where I just go kirby against marths... oh yey both my mains can be used in mid tier!!!!!!1!!1

I have a group of friends I used to brawl against a lot and they would all kick my *** so bad, but yesterday I visited and won pretty much every match as ness, hopefully seeing me go from being awful to being slightly less awful will encourage them to come out tourneys more lol. One of them mains marth so I felt pretty good until i remembered oh right this isnt smashboards and no one is doing grab releases :(.

I need to bring my good luck charm.

:awesome:

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I have a group of friends I used to brawl against a lot and they would all kick my *** so bad, but yesterday I visited and won pretty much every match as ness, hopefully seeing me go from being awful to being slightly less awful will encourage them to come out tourneys more lol. One of them mains marth so I felt pretty good until i remembered oh right this isnt smashboards and no one is doing grab releases :(.

I need to bring my good luck charm.
YES I must find one of these as I will prolly be maining Ness if MK gets banned lol.

And yeah seeing a friend improve does usually motivate others to do the same. LIke I said your Ness isn't really that bad lol, by no means awful. With some more practice I think your Ness could be prety good :D

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
theyre sooo hard to find now :( i have the whole set though! it even has mr saturn!!!!!11

thanks :D it was encouraging to see for myself ive definitely improved! still got a long way to go but at least my 3 chars are hella fun to use :p cant wait for mid tiers lol

Cruxis

Smash Lord
? its not because of you its a known fact that i hate pools and think they are a huge waste of time haha

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If anyone could give me a ride would be greatly appreciated~ Anyone? :3
Ugh every time I see you post at 3-4 am is annoying, since I know you're not going to be available to talk in the morning. :/
Also I'll see what I can do. Might be able to get my Mum to give you a lift.

DSR = Dave's Stupid Rule. You can't pick the same stage you picked before while counterpicking.
Wrong... sort of. You can't pick a stage you won on while counterpicking. Specifically you must have won on it. So best of 5, you just got trashed on your CP, but you think you know how you screwed up? Feel free to go there again.

That means the winner of game 1 can't pick the starter chosen game 1.

Most times though people are chill if it was smashville/battlefield and you want to play there again (with notable exceptions, I dislike SV (though I'll be playing there more now, finally started to get platform canceling down) and BF is a trash stage for some chars, notably the mother kids and a few other mid-low tiers. idk about high/top tiers, I could see Diddy/Icies not going there but I wouldn't call it a trash stage for them by any means.

Patches

Smash Master
Through my experimenting with :diddy:, I can say diddy is... Iffy on bf. Definitely not the best choice. Win on fd, they ban sv. My opinion for a cp would probably be frigate. Halberd has too high of a ceiling seeing that uair won't kill too early.

Ill probably be playing frigate a lot more. Its a decent cp for :gw:. And come apex, I can't cp brinstar or rc. So that pretty well leaves me with bf, sv, yi, lylat if I'm feeling lucky, and frigate.

Edit: and even sv isn't the best choice with certain characters, like :falco:, :marth:, :snake:, :popo: and :metaknight:. I'd try to get the starter to be bf, hopefully win, which means my cp would likely have to be frigate or yi, seeing that lylat is just horrible for recovery.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm just saying, he probably doesn't get ***** on Battlefield, it's just not optimal.

And yeah, but SV tends to not be struck by either side since it's not really particularly bad for most characters except in a few MUs (like against Pit or MK).

And Frigate is an amazing stage.

Patches

Smash Master
Its not the best for :gw:, I just really like it, and have adapted to it. Its good against characters that need both ledges, like :falco: and :marth:

I'd happily take one of them to it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Because some people are dumb I'd assume...?

Maybe people are just looking at the rules and looking for stuff to exploit. Maybe Cruxis forgot to put Dave's Stupid Rule in the OP. Gonna check.

*EDIT* Yeah Cruxis forgot it in the OP.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
If you win on a stage, and want to CP that stage, you can only CP it if your opponent agrees to it. Is that DSR?

either way thats whats in effect this tourney

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
If you win on a stage, and want to CP that stage, you can only CP it if your opponent agrees to it. Is that DSR?
Pretty much yeah. Though sometime the rule is that no stage that has been played on during the set can be played on again unless all players agree. Not just if you won.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Absolutely not i hate gay cps i wish we were like japan who ONLY play neutrals

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
But Japan has YI:B legal.

Sure it's flat, but it's a really strong CP for and against a lot of characters. Same with Lylat. Both can be even stronger than something like Norfair in a lot of MUs.

Top Bottom