• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Bull****! PART II: Pepto-Bismol (MK BANNED) PLUS Mid-Tier Side Tourney

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I will agree that gay CPs are the best :awesome:

Though I'm considering running a tournament with the japanese stagelist, just to see how things go.

Just have to check what their third CP is, I'm pretty sure it's Pokémon Stadium, but I'm not sure.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know. It's such a bad stage... can we just ban it and get it over with? Like, it's no better than Pictochat.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Norfair would be cool. Probably not fair against non-MKs though lol.
In all honesty crazy CPs like Norfair and Greens should stay off. It's too good for MK (who is ALREADY too good) and it's an inaccurate predictor of skill if someone wins on something like Norfair. I kinda like that idea Dirt, I would like to see a tourney like that.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
but japes should stay.

*totally not a kirby player*

fUddO

Smash Ace
In all honesty crazy CPs like Norfair and Greens should stay off. It's too good for MK (who is ALREADY too good) and it's an inaccurate predictor of skill if someone wins on something like Norfair. I kinda like that idea Dirt, I would like to see a tourney like that.
I would take MK to Norfair in a heartbeat. Honestly, I think that the matchup is a lot more even there. Besides, why would MK go there instead of RC/BS?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I would take MK to Norfair in a heartbeat. Honestly, I think that the matchup is a lot more even there. Besides, why would MK go there instead of RC/BS?
Prolly should have used BS and RC as examples instead of Norfair and Greens lol. Basically what I'm saying is stages with heavy bias towards one character (or a few characters) shouldn't be legal specially if that character is already top tier. Or if the stages have weird boundries or stage hazards. I just think neutral stages give a better indication of who is the better player.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The thing is, a number of these "heavily biased" stages mitigate the weaknesses of a number of low-mid tiers, causing some matchups to actually be a better indication of skill, such as with Ganon, Bowser, or Link on Norfair, Jigglypuff on Rainbow Cruise, etc. making matchups much, much closer to even.

Severely limited stagelists by and far hurt certain low tiers far more than it helps them.

Note that I'm not saying that all mid-low tiers like "janky" stages. As Sheik I would love a japanese stagelist, while as Ganon I'd love a very large one.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, a number of these "heavily biased" stages mitigate the weaknesses of a number of low-mid tiers, causing some matchups to actually be a better indication of skill, such as with Ganon, Bowser, or Link on Norfair, Jigglypuff on Rainbow Cruise, etc. making matchups much, much closer to even.

Severely limited stagelists by and far hurt certain low tiers far more than it helps them.

Note that I'm not saying that all mid-low tiers like "janky" stages. As Sheik I would love a japanese stagelist, while as Ganon I'd love a very large one.
That's actually a good point. I suppose I just hate stage hazards like lava and such. I've lost too many games to **** like that :glare:

I do like stages that aren't just flat and monotone, with platforms and the like as it changes the dynamic of the game, just without random stage hazards.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
PS1 imo should be CP not Starter, and replaced with PS2.

At least you can fight on most of the PS2 transformations once you learn how.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
PS1 imo should be CP not Starter, and replaced with PS2.

At least you can fight on most of the PS2 transformations once you learn how.
Personally, I strongly prefer PS1. Though PS2's transformations can be tolerated with enough skill, that doesn't change the fact that their friggin annoying, like the conveyor belts, and uplifting wind are so meddlesome. Besides, there are skill factors in some of PS1's transformations, such as dealing with the windmill.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
First of all, you seem to be saying that PS2 requires no skill to play on, which is dumb.

My major issue is that most of PS1's transformations lead to stalemates, with neither player really doing anything, while combat can continue on ALL of PS2's transformations.

Also I LOVE YI:B. It's a great stage. I also love 75m. Flat Zone 2, Hanenbow, and Pictochat. None of those should be legal.

YI:B is no better than Pictochat when it comes to randomness. It can randomly save people, can randomly gimp people (have you ever been Up-Bing as Dedede and have it come up, and now LOL I'M WAY UP HERE COME GIMP ME!, rather than simply cancelling to grab the ledge as well as other similar characters, not to mention Ness and Lucas), and random shy guys which can appear out of nowhere and lag moves, gimp Ness, and lead to some stupid, stupid abuse with Olimar's USmash.

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
No, Im aware PS2 requires skill, I just think its annoying, with or without the requirements of skill. I also agree with the stalemates thing sucking on PS1, though I think its still better than PS2. Thats just my opinion though, all in all i think both stages should be at least a counter-pick.

As for YI:B, I still like it... whatever man, we've got our own opinions and this tourny pages aint were they should be said. If we face at the tourny lets just go Smashville, BF, or FD then lol :D

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i dislike PS2 a lot even though it's a great kirby stage, tis annoying

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
since its alexs last time here if i get work off ill come, need a partner ben u down?

edit: what mid tier list u using?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
since its alexs last time here if i get work off ill come, need a partner ben u down?

edit: what mid tier list u using?
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

by the way dirt if youre still interested in those games you wanted off me nows the last chance man

Cruxis

Smash Lord
alright

yo lets talk stream, i would like for there to be a stream but last time neko tried to set it up on my laptop it didnt work lol, is neko going to come? who is in touch with him? can you ask him to bring his laptop for stream if he does come

Cruxis

Smash Lord
so ****in down thats what i like to hear ian ill see u then

so your dad can drive us to the venue the next morning?

txt me bro

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
anyone goin to the smashfest the day before

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ awesome i need to get my last minute practice in lol

BTW i got your msg on facebook but my phone wouldnt let me reply to offline ppl, whats up

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if im coming, money being the main problem, but we'll see.

Top Bottom