• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

S.D

Smash Master
Melee doubles gold coin donations to go to the RC M2K fund (even though that may be taken care of already an extra $20 can't hurt. Might be good to knock it over real quick nice and early Shaya? Anything you need to talk about for this tournament let me know mate.

Gords

Smash Champion
i wont be able to make it all day sunday as im am going out but i would probs show up for friendlies in the afternoon, and maybe in the morning but with boost regularly starting late probs not.
also when would brawl doubles most likely be played. (as in time, eg 10-12) if it is in the afternoon, here hoping, i maybe able to enter doubles, (if done after 4:30pm,) but cant see it happening though.

I see what you did there. Also JP your obviously welcome to come to the saturday afternoon/night training session. I think that scrub Toby should be there. We have a sexy new black wii.
is anyone else allowed to attend this training session, i would be interested?

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Well its certainly possible but we have a limit on the number of people we can host due to lack of space, and also our flat mate doesn't like having to many people over. Also noise is a big issue, we got yelled at before. I'll see what's happening but the meet will be starting late since I have lots of uni work to get done first.

Gords

Smash Champion
actually the later the better would suit me as i have somewhere to be sat morning

well please let me know if when and where it is if i can go. thanks

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah at the moment our flat mate has set a limit of 3 people at a time due noise and other issues. We have Ricky, Andrew and JP coming at the moment. If any of them can't make it your welcome to come. I believe Toby has your number so he will be able to call you up and give you directions if one of the others can't make it.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
gords is on to you guys, dont forget that he'll be chilling right outside at fright night comedy club.

S.D

Smash Master
Just so everyone knows we will be experimenting with the MBR stagelist for Melee at this tournament, that is:

Starter
YS
FOD
FD
BF
DL64

Counter
RC
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
DK64
Corneria

Corneria is not in the MBR list but I think we will keep it for now too.

Stage striking 1-2-2-1 to determine first stage.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
I think I've improved at Melee a little, hopefully.
Although it probably has something to do with picking up Sheik.
I don't wanna come dead last again. :/ >_>

Also ACT people, what are the chances of you showing up now?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yo Leish, going to this?

if not then dw, saves me $5 lol.

Edit: or is that losing $60 because we're the best team in the world and I didn't even want to team with ricky anyway...?!

Gords

Smash Champion
Just so everyone knows we will be experimenting with the MBR stagelist for Melee at this tournament, that is:

Starter
YS
FOD
FD
BF
DL64

Counter
RC
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
DK64
Corneria

Corneria is not in the MBR list but I think we will keep it for now too.

Stage striking 1-2-2-1 to determine first stage.
NOOOOOOOOOOO, SD how could you,
the carnivals over, no floats no fun

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey guys what is the situation with TVs.

As usual I am bringing two. Actually technically I am bringing a third, Planetstereo left one there from thriller, so I guess we can use that.
ACT not being confirmed to come is a general devastation there (they bring 2-3, no? and wiis to match)
Gords, Zxv?
S.D?
Andrew?
EA?
Ted?

To ensure things go well here, I say we need to make sure we have consoles to match televisions. Thriller and the boost preceding that did NOT have enough consoles to cover the televisions, a HUGE waste.

So PLEASE bring in a backpack or something your wii with brawl and melee. Once upon a time people would bring them anyway, and I know some would end up disappointed in them not being used; this trend has of course backfired a bit, so we need to resolve this.

Also:
3 Starters for brawl or keep with the thriller 5?
Pools for singles?
Anything else people have issues with?

swordsaint

Smash Master
I personally find the 3 starter stage list more fair and fun.
Pools should depend on turn out. In the end, at this point in time we can expect you to be able to seed properly without pools, RIGHT?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Pools should happen imo anyway, even though pools hate me.
Unless there is like 8 people.
Also I think druckey is bringing a TV/Wii, I'll ask him later.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
LOL you did have my tv after all!!!!!!!!!!! haha go for your life. Anyways cant make this boost dont think.
Crap, didn't I reply to you about that ?
UGHHH I'm so sorry man :(

I thought I said yeah I definitely have your TV but your copy of melee I have no idea.
I did find a melee game case with two memory cards but no disc :(

And scoot, whilst pools are originally used as a means of seeding, at most or ALL boosts they have been used as merely guaranteed tournament matches for all players.
Unless it was something with out of staters, brackets generally still remain seeded in a PR fashion. So I don't know what you're getting at there maaaan.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I still don't know if we're coming, but in terms of starter stages, does your list of 3 exclude yoshi's? Cos I haven't even seen it used as a starter, there's no way it's neutral.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Agree with Shaya.
The idea is, not to have three neutral stages, but 3 stages that when played in the striking system between two characters can have a balanced stage for the match up. It's also why they're not called neutrals anymore. They're called starters.

Throwback

Smash Lord
well if they're not supposed to be neutral I suppose that works...though 'neutrality' obviously has some weight in the decision. As long as I don't have to play yoshi's I don't really mind tho.

Gords

Smash Champion
i wont be there the majority of the day so my tvs wont be there, although if you need an extra wii i could bring mine but you will need to tell me tonight to pack it since as soon as i leave tomoz morning i wont be able to return home until after the tourney

swordsaint

Smash Master
well if they're not supposed to be neutral I suppose that works...though 'neutrality' obviously has some weight in the decision. As long as I don't have to play yoshi's I don't really mind tho.
Then strike Yoshi's. You'll then be playing on either Battlefield or Smashville depending on what the other player decides to strike.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Captain Obvious > Captain Falcon.
*Sigheration* So PALE atm.
Stupid cold weather.

But I suspect Yoshi's will be striked in a lot of peoples matches.
W/E I like the other two the most anyway.

Top Bottom