• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nu Nu NU *Smash* MA Player finder: Yo whaddup?

Spife

Smash Master
anyone in northwestern MA wanna play some melee? I need experience

"wehre in the middle of no where are you?"
-.- eastern mass can suck a big one

Spife

Smash Master
Soon Kevin, very soon. I would after RIMM 2 but I have so much work to do these weeks

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
Hey. I know there are more brawl players than this...they just probably dont go on smashboards.

Somehow, we should advertise smashboards to the massachusetts colleges (Amherst, UMASS, etc...)

someone go do it kay? ^^

Spife

Smash Master
Hey. I know there are more brawl players than this...they just probably dont go on smashboards.

Somehow, we should advertise smashboards to the massachusetts colleges (Amherst, UMASS, etc...)

someone go do it kay? ^^
In general, scrubs don't like competitive smash. Interestingly, scrubs kind of lose the title if they go to a tourny twice. I've seen a lot of faces only once, they were also very bad. That tells me something.

Either way, I came up with the theory that if they don't go to smash boards, they suck cause they do not have experience in competitive smash (more or less cause they don't know about it, other wise they'd be here). We have strict rules that scrubs wont get to on their own (although I did turn off item and go 3 stocks before I knew about competitive smash, still played temple though :bee:)

That being said, go for it. I personally am not going to UMass Amherst to find people who play EITHER game. I'm not trying to stunt growth here, I just know that without knowing about competitive smash (i.e. actively post on this forum) then you can't be good. How good were you before your first tourny/post on SWF?

I am encouraging one of my friends in Greenfield to start playing, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

There are a bunch of brawl players, my suggestion is to tell people who are new at tournies about SWF. Going and telling randoms casuals about competitive smash isn't going to do a lot of good cause chances are they're the best amongst all their friends and can beat 3 lvl 9's teamed up against them.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I don't think that's completely accurate. First of all, there are plenty of lurkers on smashboards, and there are people who don't check the regional threads and whatnot. I know I didn't for about a year after I started playing tournaments, and only because the threads were linked to.

Not to mention the best way to make someone a non-scrub is to teach them not to suck, which is what experienced players should do to expand the community. Granted it takes initiative on the part of the scrub, but it all works out in the end.

Anyways, I'm all up for college smash clubs and whatnot, it'll give me people to beat when I go there.

EDIT: 3 posts while I was typing this... This is what I get for not refreshing the page...

Spife

Smash Master
Nuro: Will do, am lazy meant to change it a long time ago.

Questor: Even if you lurk you still absorb info. Although just cause you don't post doens't mean you know nothing. BUT I will argue that you can't be that good if all you do is lurk.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I am right on the Green line on Boston University campus. We actually have quite a few players at BU but many of them are casual.
Cool, but Cog better come here first since I'm practically nextdoor.

Also, casual players can't beat 3 lvl 9's teamed up against them unless it's on Rainbow Cruise or something, even with team attack on. I don't think I can beat 3 lvl 9s at once and in 10 stock practice matches I usually don't lose a single stock against a lvl 9.

Brox

Smash Rookie
To be honest, one of the harder things is finding a tournament that is nearby for a persons first tournament. I know I have been interested in playing in the tournament scene but its hard to see when and where a good tournament will be until the time has already passed. It feels like there some sort of wall that makes it hard to go to your first few tourneys.

Spife

Smash Master
I didn't mean to suggest that we don't tell anyone about SWF. I just implied (or meant to) that in general, people who don't already go are bad. I'm also not saying anyone who's bad can't post though (I still do :bee:).
I came to this theory when I realized I had no one to play in NW MA. If I didn't know anyone from tournies, I probably didn't know anyone from SWF, and without those two things, a player can't naturally be good. Nurture is an important role for getting better.

Not sure why I said not to get the word out though. That was weird of me. Well go for it, I'm not going to go post flyers around though. More or less cause I don't freequent UMass amherst. I guess I could put up a few flyers at my school though. I guess.

Brox

Smash Rookie
Brox you just have to be willing to travel a bit. There's several tournies in new england coming up.

Spife pretty much everybody's bad at this game
That sounds fine, Its just that I am unsure about what tourneys I can reach by train/bus (Dont have a car up here) Any suggestions of a good starting tournament to go to?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Hey everyone! I'm back! (Though I dropped off the face of the planet for a while...) How was Mass Madness?

@ Spife, if I wanted some matches with you recorded at the W. Mass Tourny, how would that be done? I'm kinda in the dark as far as all of that stuff goes...

@ Roman: So are you 3rd or 4th best in Mass dude?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
oh yeah cog i live in boston now right next to the mfa on huntington.

why haven't we played yet
(maybe because i'm just telling you now)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
8th?! jeez, I really would be like 30th out of 20 then I think... or would I be in the top 15? I don't know... Help me out here...
I don't think you should really worry about what place you are right now.
Just go to tournies and get better =]

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I don't think you should really worry about what place you are right now.
Just go to tournies and get better =]
I was just kidding. Roman's just way better than I am, hence the jokes. I've beaten people at tournys. Lost more often than not, and I haven't been to many... but yeah... I'm rambling lol.

Spife

Smash Master
if we had bananabread only tournies i'd place top 10 every time
*sighs* and i'd be like, top 10 too *sighs* then I could tell Banks to take his ranking and shove it, infront of me in line <3

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
if we had bananabread only tournies i'd place top 10 every time
*sighs* and i'd be like, top 10 too *sighs* then I could tell Banks to take his ranking and shove it, infront of me in line <3
Cool! Spife's here! Can you answer my question from a page back? I don't get the bannabread reference, but I still think it's funny...

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I don't see the question, my guess is something on the western MA tourny?
Kinda... Here it is..." @ Spife, if I wanted some matches with you recorded at the W. Mass Tourny, how would that be done? I'm kinda in the dark as far as all of that stuff goes..."

Remember the soup is always on the handle.
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. ;)

Top Bottom