• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Guess we can't ignore you Tedius, you're too persistent. Koj is right in pointing out that as far as Fire Emblem is concerned, there's more sexism against males then females. Wanting a character just because they're female is sexism, and we see plenty of this in politics.

The liberals in politics want there to be an equal amount of men and women in some jobs. That means that despite the individual men being better qualified, the woman would get the job to have an even count on gender. The fact of the matter is that the man deserved the job more, but was cut out of it by the woman due to people like you who are essentially "feminisits". No wrong is being done to females here, you're just insisting that there be more females for the sake of being more females.

How does this relate to Brawl? Roy, a new (Most likely male) FE Lord, Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector or just about anyone is more qualified for the job then Lyn, as all Lyn has going for her is popularity. Should they be cheated out of the slot due to being male? Hardly. You Lyn fans are the ones being sexist, as well as Krystal fans.

It's clear nobody here is going to join your cause.
I am not insisting that Lyn should be in SSB4 for the sake of being female. It is that Lyn received controversy over being an Assist Trophy and was originally expected to be in the Brawl roster. Eliwood falls behind in Lyn in popularity in the West. I have been biased against, and you have been cheating me out of my campaign. Sakurai actually wanted Lyn to be in Brawl but Lyn ended up being an Assist Trophy. Lyn is going for her uniqueness and history, being the first character to appear in a U.S. released Fire Emblem game. Celice is disqualified to be playable in SSB4. Eliwood is not really as popular as he would be too much like Roy and lacks uniqueness.

It is clear that I am expected to boycott SSB4. I am going to YouTube about this decision.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Why would Paper Mario be a new series?

They could only ahve Paper Mario,Luigi,Pech and Bowser.
Or Dimentio,if they got desperate.

Also for number 13,CAPTAIN RAINBOW!!!

If Yoshi can be it's own series, so could Paper Mario, and Paper Mario is more different from the Mario series then Yoshi in that the games are RPGs (Besides Super Paper Mario) and it has a very distinct graphic style. As far as more reps for the series are concerned, does it matter? It's not deserving of more reps, I don't see many competent people complaining about Yoshi not getting a second rep. In the event it ever does need a second, Paper Luigi, Peach and Bowser are plenty to draw from, and would be possible last minute clones for SSB5/6.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
If Yoshi can be it's own series, so could Paper Mario, and Paper Mario is more different from the Mario series then Yoshi in that the games are RPGs (Besides Super Paper Mario) and it has a very distinct graphic style. As far as more reps for the series are concerned, does it matter? It's not deserving of more reps, I don't see many competent people complaining about Yoshi not getting a second rep. In the event it ever does need a second, Paper Luigi, Peach and Bowser are plenty to draw from, and would be possible last minute clones for SSB5/6.
I want Yoshi to get a new rep..<_<

Baby Mario and Luigi or Kamek.

If its not deserving to get more reps,wouldnt seeing Paper Mario alone for several games be...awkward?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Why would Paper Mario be a new series?
I wouldn't, but it's understandable why people would. For Geno, people were saying he would represent his own "Super Mario RPG" series (I wouldn't either, and neither would Sakurai who stated he would count him as a "Mario" character and not a "guest" character).

Also for number 13,CAPTAIN RAINBOW!!!
If the game is good, in the words of another more famous captain, YESH!

Yaya

Smash Champion
You are Tedious indeed.

You are going to boycott a series...

JUST because that your favorite series doesn't get enough reps?

If this was the right thing to do then every Metroid Fan in existence should be boycotting Smash Bros. Because of a lack of characters.

I personally think Zamus has no spot in this game, Ridley, on the other hand, (Uh, oh, here we go...) has done so much for the series, heck, there wouldn't be a Samus the Bounty Hunter if it wasn't for Ridley.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I wouldn't, but it's understandable why people would. For Geno, people were saying he would represent his own "Super Mario RPG" series (I wouldn't either, and neither would Sakurai who stated he would count him as a "Mario" character and not a "guest" character).
....That makes even less sense considering Geno isnt even important to the Mario franchise.

*Thumbs up*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Where did Sakurai say this?

Also, Captain Rainbow will be released this week, so we'll soon find out whether the game will be popular enough to warrant a sequel.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I am not insisting that Lyn should be in SSB4 for the sake of being female. It is that Lyn received controversy over being an Assist Trophy and was originally expected to be in the Brawl roster. Eliwood falls behind in Lyn in popularity in the West. I have been biased against, and you have been cheating me out of my campaign. Sakurai actually wanted Lyn to be in Brawl but Lyn ended up being an Assist Trophy. Lyn is going for her uniqueness and history, being the first character to appear in a U.S. released Fire Emblem game.

It is clear that I am expected to boycott SSB4. I am going to YouTube about this decision.

Why do you LIKE Lyn then besides that you probably get your jollies off of her? You've told us why you think she will be in, but I can't see a reason you could possibly like this character other then that.

Nobody's forcing you to not play the SSB games. You have fun not playing Brawl, that's another copy for us, it won't affect anyone, unless you're trying to get people to laugh at you.

If you expect us to believe you, you need more solid proof. You need proof that she is still popular after not having been in Brawl, at least a link to your crummy little wiki poll.

So what if Lyn striked controversy? Mewtwo and Ridley not being in striked far more controversy, as well as Krystal being absent (Which, while not a huge amount, was still a decent sum.). K.Rool and Isaac's lack of playable status angered many, Black Shadow's did in Japan as well.

But there's still a question burning in my mind. If you aren't attracted to Lyn, why do you want her as a character?

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Lyn is just significant for being the 1st Lord world-widely. Meh, not big deal. Her significance in Fire Emblem is minor, really minor. And false allegations? Sorry, but this is kinda biased from your part.
No, Lyn's significance is not that minor, at least not as minor as Ayra's. She had great significance, including a ton of dialogue, the country of Sacae, being the first Lord to use a bow (after promotion) and uniqueness. Lyn being as an Assist Trophy angered many Fire Emblem fans at the time she was announced as an Assist Trophy and still has done so today. Lyn not being playable in Brawl led me to boycott Brawl.

I am going to boycott the SSB series because of the excessive negative responses on my campaigns for it, and bad speculations, and about Fire Emblem being continually misrepresented.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
How does this relate to Brawl? Roy, a new (Most likely male) FE Lord, Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector or just about anyone is more qualified for the job then Lyn, as all Lyn has going for her is popularity. Should they be cheated out of the slot due to being male? Hardly. You Lyn fans are the ones being sexist, as well as Krystal fans.

It's clear nobody here is going to join your cause.
FINALLY!

Star Fox has enough reps, don't add Krystal. Paper Mario, in my opinion, should be counted as his own series, mainly due to it already having three distinct (Four, if you count Super Mario RPG) games that follow different styles.

Paper Mario for Bra... I mean SSB4!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Where did Sakurai say this?

Also, Captain Rainbow will be released this week, so we'll soon find out whether the game will be popular enough to warrant a sequel.
It was back with the poll in the Geno thread and his thoughts about the character. It's long gone by now. When it's one of your top three characters, you don't forget something like this. Since he needed Square Enix's permission, he probably wanted them to come to him. Whatever, Geno is never going to make it in, a more important Mario character like Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario will make it in :urg:

This week? Wow, they just released the game's existence a while ago.

Famitsu gave it a 31/40. Then again, they gave Brawl a perfect 40/40...

Paper Mario, in my opinion, should be counted as his own series, mainly due to it already having three distinct (Four, if you count Super Mario RPG) games that follow different styles.
No. If anything, Paper Mario should count as part of a larger Super Mario RPG franchise, as it was supposed to be Super Mario RPG 2. Mario & Luigi would fall in there somewhere as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
FINALLY!

Star Fox has enough reps, don't add Krystal. Paper Mario, in my opinion, should be counted as his own series, mainly due to it already having three distinct (Four, if you count Super Mario RPG) games that follow different styles.

I agree with this post.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY!

I disagree, like many others do. Please add Krystal. Star Fox can have four representatives. I will not like it if they do not add Krystal.

It looks like SSB4 will be the second SSB game I will boycott.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
No, Lyn's significance is not that minor, at least not as minor as Ayra's. She had great significance, including a ton of dialogue, the country of Sacae, being the first Lord to use a bow (after promotion) and uniqueness. Lyn being as an Assist Trophy angered many Fire Emblem fans at the time she was announced as an Assist Trophy and still has done so today. Lyn not being playable in Brawl led me to boycott Brawl.

I am going to boycott the SSB series because of the excessive negative responses on my campaigns for it, and bad speculations, and about Fire Emblem being continually misrepresented.
Yes, it is. She is just a filler character, even if being a Lord, she had to be mentioned in FE6, which she hasn't. And all that dialogue and stuff, well, she wasn't (again) needed in the FE7 storyline, Eliwood, Hector, Rebecca, Nino, Canas, Barte, Karla, and others are the only cannon characters in FE7. The rest are fillers, INCLUDING Lyn, making her unneeded for FE7. I don't think FE7 had to be a prequel to FE6, but i'm not Intelligent Systems, so I don't know what made them do that decision (but i'm SURE it hasn't to do with Lyn, i'm sure of it).

And you boycotting ALL of SSB just for that? Well... that's being too extreme, just because what you wanted has not been made. Accept it, just that, you alone can't beat Nintendo, NEVER. Be glad that Lyn is as an Assist Trophy, as I am with Isaac being one (sure, it bothered me at first, but meh, he is an AT, at least something).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm actually a fan of Kamek and would personally love to see him playable, but I regognize he has no chance. Unless the Yoshi series more distinctly moves itself apart from the general Mario series, Yoshi games will be treated as Mario games for the most part. Kamek could start appearing in the RPGs and get dialouge to gain more popularity, and he'd fit the role well (Seeing as Kammy replaced him in what was basically his role.).

Sadly, I also a a "fan" of Krystal in the same fashion I am of ZSS. I don't consider myself a "furry", as it's basically a human body with a slightly changed head and tail. I originally was one of the fools that supported her without even playing a Starfox game due to this, and I'm sure there were plenty others who did as well. This is why I'm thinking Tedius is so obsessed with Lyn in the same fashion those people were with Krystal, as it's the only way somebody could randomly want such an obscure character.

I've since looked into Starfox and find Wolf much more deserving, as Krystal has as many haters (Who are obsessed with saying "YOU LIKE KRYSTAL U R FURRY") as she has fans, somewhat like Waluigi. Actually having played Starfox 64 on virtual console, Wolf's bad assery is much more appealing, and Wolf's moveset may as well be unique anyway. . .Just remove the landmaster to kill the fad, Sakurai.

If an actualy decent Starfox is released with Krystal having a decent role before SSB4, her support will remain for SSB4, whether or not Starfox deserves four characters. Here's to hoping no series outside the big three get four characters until SSB5.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
First you're all saying ZSS is over-sexed and seductive, and now Krystal? Granted, that bikini in Adventures could be suggestive, if you're twelve or something. God ****, this is Nintendo. If you honestly believe bs like that, complain to SNK or Namco.

Actually having played Starfox 64 on virtual console, Wolf's bad assery is much more appealing, and Wolf's moveset may as well be unique anyway. . .Just remove the landmaster to kill the fad, Sakurai.

If an actualy decent Starfox is released with Krystal having a decent role before SSB4, her support will remain for SSB4, whether or not Starfox deserves four characters. Here's to hoping no series outside the big three get four characters until SSB5.
Exactly this. Krystal is just such a bad choice compared to Fox's rival (or just a bad choice compared to anybody, for that matter).

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it is. She is just a filler character, even if being a Lord, she had to be mentioned in FE6, which she hasn't. And all that dialogue and stuff, well, she wasn't (again) needed in the FE7 storyline, Eliwood, Hector, Rebecca, Nino, Canas, Barte, Karla, and others are the only cannon characters in FE7. The rest are fillers, INCLUDING Lyn, making her unneeded for FE7.
Lyn did not exist at the time FE6 was released. She was no filler character. Also, as a Sacaen, she does not lie. She was not yet created at the time FE6 was released; that's why she was not mentioned.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
First you're all saying ZSS is over-sexed and seductive, and now Krystal? Granted, that bikini in Adventures could be suggestive, if you're twelve or something. God ****, this is N intendo. If you honestly believe bs like that, complain to SNK or Namco.
On the contrary, said bikini was not Nintendo's doing. Rare made Starfox Adventures, and they also made Conker's Bad Fur Day as well as endlessly tormeting the fans of Banjo Kazooie with the nonsense of stop-n-swop. Rare has gone far beyond th elevel of Nintendo. Rare is the kind of company who does weird things like that. Yes, I am far more of a "fan" of the Soul Calibur girls, although quite frankly what's happened to them in Soul Calibur 4 is just ridiculous.

And. . .I SO CALLED IT. Tedius also wants Krystal as playable. It's clear what I suggested is why he likes them, Krystal pretty much confirmed it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
On the contrary, said bikini was not Nintendo's doing. Rare made Starfox Adventures, and they also made Conker's Bad Fur Day as well as endlessly tormeting the fans of Banjo Kazooie with the nonsense of stop-n-swop. Rare has gone far beyond th elevel of Nintendo. Rare is the kind of company who does weird things like that. Yes, I am far more of a "fan" of the Soul Calibur girls, although quite frankly what's happened to them in Soul Calibur 4 is just ridiculous.
umm whos rare surry guys i dunt noe

Seriously, you don't have to nutshell the work of one of Nintendo's major 3rd party companies because I didn't mention they made Krystal. Honestly, do you think I'm an idiot or something? Be serious, we have had clashes in the past :(. It's hardly the point, she's still Krystal and it's still "sex appeal" regardless under Nintendo's belt. Still, why is this a big problem? It's not like we're all mistreating and sexually abusing women because of Zamus's suit or being able to see Peach's undergarments when her dress flies up once in a while.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
When you said "That bikini is suggestive, if you're twelve, or something", I thought you were were implying that you couldn't be attracted to the video game characters. Guess I was wrong.

In any case, can we move on to another topic?

Let's talk about multiple characters from 3rd party series. How many SSB games should it take before 3rd party series should be allowed more then one character? What are the odds of someone like Shadow or Liquid showing up earlier then they deserve to as last minute clones?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When you said "That bikini is suggestive, if you're twelve, or something", I thought you were were implying that you couldn't be attracted to the video game characters. Guess I was wrong.

In any case, can we move on to another topic?

Let's talk about multiple characters from 3rd party series. How many SSB games should it take before 3rd party series should be allowed more then one character? What are the odds of someone like Shadow or Liquid showing up earlier then they deserve to as last minute clones?
Shadow should never be playable, and Metal Gear definitely does not deserve two characters (let alone one).

I don't think third-parties should have more than one character per series. However, I might bend on the thought that more than one character can represent a third-party.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
There you have it folks.

Wife would sleep with Samus.
Hey hey hey.

I may be excluding myself from this little flame war, but I will not let my status on this most important of matters go unstated.

...I would totally bone Samus.

And Krystal.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
If another Sonic character gets in it will NOT be Shadow.

It will be Knuckles,or Tails.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
...I would totally bone Samus
If like Reiq, totally. If like Brawl, still yes, I just said that her suit really isn't the most absurd fanservice like people are treating it, it's actually really mild. Look at Samurai Shodown VI's Iroha and tell me what's worse (and hotter :O)

And Krystal.
ZOMG FURRIEZ!!!

Meh, I've really never seen good Krystal... fan art...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If like Reiq, totally. If like Brawl, still yes, I just said that her suit really isn't the most absurd fanservice like people are treating it, it's actually really mild. Look at Samurai Shodown VI's Iroha and tell me what's worse (and hotter :O)
I don't actually care about the discussion, because frankly, debating just how sexy Zamus is is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen being debated on these boards.

ZOMG FURRIEZ!!!
I personally prefer the term "open-minded individual". :chuckle:

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
OMG LYN IS LYKE SOOO UNIQUE!! She's a light character... With a sword... And a Bow...

So... Basically it's a Toon Link with a Counter but missing a tether grab... Hooray. Great uniqueness there...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OMG LYN IS LYKE SOOO UNIQUE!! She's a light character... With a sword... And a Bow...AND BOOBS
That's what you meant to say.

I know how it is. Sometimes these things just slip your mind, and then you're all like "aw, man! How could I have forgotten something so monstrously important?"

Don't worry. None of us are judging you. :bee:

darkserenade

Smash Ace
That's what you DID NOT mean to say.

I know how it is. Sometimes these things DON'T just slip your mind, and then you're all like "aw, man! How could I have NOT forgotten something so monstrously unimportant?"

That's what you meant to say.

I know how it is. Sometimes these things just slip your mind, and then you're all like "aw, man! How could I have forgotten something so monstrously important?"

Don't worry. None of us are judging you.:bee:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That's what you DID NOT mean to say.

I know how it is. Sometimes these things DON'T just slip your mind, and then you're all like "aw, man! How could I have NOT forgotten something so monstrously unimportant?"

Oh yeah?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Oh yeah?
Jesus was not amused by Gants man boobs,whos only rival is marvin grossburg.

And had him killed.​

Anyway,for the Lyn discussion,she wasnt even mentioned in FE6,the sequel to FE7,she couldnt have had an impact ont he story THAT much.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Jesus was not amused by Gants man boobs,whos only rival is marvin grossburg.

And had him killed.​

Anyway,for the Lyn discussion,she wasnt even mentioned in FE6,the sequel to FE7,she couldnt have had an impact ont he story THAT much.

Does Micaiah have a better chance? I think so.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Not really. I think the only Fire Emblem girl who has a decent chance...or rather, who will have a decent chance (by the time SSB4 releases) is Sheeda. Or a chick from FE12. Whichever is more readily available when the roster is created.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Not really. I think the only Fire Emblem girl who has a decent chance...or rather, who will have a decent chance (by the time SSB4 releases) is Sheeda. Or a chick from FE12. Whichever is more readily available when the roster is created.

Agreed, Sheeda has priority on both of them. Do you think Marth will get an english voice after FE11? It would be interesting to see who they pick, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom