• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Utah Power Rankings

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ok first of all I would like to point out that 3/5 of our panelists are douches! There is no possibe way I can be 10th atleast to the way you douches say you rank us. If we're goin by tourneys then there is no way Southern Utah should be ahead of me cuz what they have attended maybe 2 or 3 tourneys at the most. I've been placing top 5 in the last 4 or 5 tourneys so that can't be it either.... Hmm sounds like douche Zach or douche Nate have something against me. You better not even try and say they are more skilled than me either cuz if that's the case well then hmm I do recall beating Zach in just about every tourney match we've played in. You guys are garbage
Sounds like someone's a douche, haha. Rather than insulting the panelists, why not just challenge anyone above you to ranking battles? $5 as an incentive for them to play you, if they win. You can't challenge the #1 player, though, until you become #2, you follow? Or you could have a round robin ranking tournament, since that's what Colorado does from time to time.

FTS, do NOT expand it to top 15, no matter how many people you have. People get lazy and complacent when they're on the rankings (if they're not good to begin with). That's why Colorado only lists the top 4 now.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Me AND Phil both voted that he should be above Heath....just pointing that out.
But I four stocked you. n_n

And C!Z, if it makes you feel any better, AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Luvin' dominated the St. George tournament. Except for PC. And FTS wasn't trying. But still, he should be #3 by your standards.

The panelists are going for a fair balance between tournament attendance, and skill. We can't be judged on that since we live 4 hours away. So naturally, it'll only vary from player to player.

You've just gatta remember that there are 5 people on the panel-- they can't conspire as much as you'd like to think they are.

C!Z

Smash Lord
I would gladly challenge all of them all the way up to first place. I honestly think there's only one person in Utah who is actually better than me and can beat me on a consistent basis with their main. Either way Xsyven they need to choose a way to rank people, it's not my fault you're that far away either. They said they rank a certain way and they should stick to it. I'm happy for your Puff player but that doesn't mean he'd beat me. I never thought Gojira or Nate were too fond of me from the get go so of course they're gonna be biased against me to who is better out of you two and me. It's just ******** plain and simple.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Why dont you just go to EVO world with us next month and prove that you're better than the st george players?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Saint George is getting so much love! <3

You guys should go to Cali and Vegas more.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like someone's a douche, haha. Rather than insulting the panelists, why not just challenge anyone above you to ranking battles? $5 as an incentive for them to play you, if they win. You can't challenge the #1 player, though, until you become #2, you follow? Or you could have a round robin ranking tournament, since that's what Colorado does from time to time.

FTS, do NOT expand it to top 15, no matter how many people you have. People get lazy and complacent when they're on the rankings (if they're not good to begin with). That's why Colorado only lists the top 4 now.
thats some good advice about the rankings (we should consider). but having top 4 is a bit rough, dont you think. 5-8 people is perfect....chaos

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's not that easy to get work off Junpei, you know I would if I could. I was pissed I didn't get to go to OC3. I just want you 5 panelists to explain to me how rank is done and go with accordingly not different with some different with others biased shlt
Why dont you just go to EVO world with us next month and prove that you're better than the st george players?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
its kinda weird how they did it. the top 6 players are ranked by old/recent tournament results. and from 7th down...they ranked people by skill (who's better than who.) thats why i was so confused/little angered and kept arguing.

the way i've ranked players is by recent tournament and biweekly results (last 2 months or so). anyways, yea, thats how i did it. each panelist have his/her own way of doing it which made ranking players very difficult.

right now, the panelist should decide on how they rank players.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Everyone was ranked by skill, obviously. Tournament results are used as an aid. They are the only concrete, on-paper estimate of a small list of smashers' relative amount of displayed skill on that particular day. Human judgement is needed to adjust for off days, consistency, missing competitors, bigger/more important tournaments, individual matchups, changes since then, and any other random stuff that comes up. Any confusion is not our fault. You were chosen to be a panelist because zack trusted you to understand this and be able to judge skill accurately ...

Gojira

Smash Lord
Everyone was ranked by skill, obviously. Tournament results are used as an aid. They are the only concrete, on-paper estimate of a small list of smashers' relative amount of displayed skill on that particular day. Human judgement is needed to adjust for off days, consistency, missing competitors, bigger/more important tournaments, individual matchups, changes since then, and any other random stuff that comes up. Any confusion is not our fault. You were chosen to be a panelist because zack trusted you to understand this and be able to judge skill accurately ...
Well said. That is basically how it is done.

lengeta

Smash Ace
They're not ***holes either, they'll take you into account weather they like you or not, C!Z. Keep beating people down and you'll move up, they still will listen to the rest of the community. If they were asinine enough to put you lower than you deserve, obviously you shouldn't be concerned about your placement on such list of bull. It's a pretty tight-nit community, so I'm sure it's hard for them to move anyone down on the list.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Judged by skill...? Well I never play with you Nate.... So the only times I've played you are in tourneys where we are like 2-1 in your favor and both my losses with to the third game last stock... So that's bad to you? I beat Zach every **** time so.... Wonder how I lost his vote on placement.... Hmm and I know for a fact Junpei and Phil think I should be higher than 10th.... So there should be 4 of 5.... I don't know what PC's input on the matter was but looks like I have two people who I rarely ever play with judging my skill and puttin it down lower than it should be. Since the 2 of the 3 panelists are hardly ever availabe to play with in friendlies and such shouldn't there be more tourneys held than? So I can prove my skill, as of lately the only people i've lost to in tourney are Nate who by the way is number 2 but they're still always close games and Junpei who is also a good player. So I don't know what I have to do then

Gojira

Smash Lord
Judged by skill...? Well I never play with you Nate.... So the only times I've played you are in tourneys where we are like 2-1 in your favor and both my losses with to the third game last stock... So that's bad to you? I beat Zach every **** time so.... Wonder how I lost his vote on placement.... Hmm and I know for a fact Junpei and Phil think I should be higher than 10th.... So there should be 4 of 5.... I don't know what PC's input on the matter was but looks like I have two people who I rarely ever play with judging my skill and puttin it down lower than it should be. Since the 2 of the 3 panelists are hardly ever availabe to play with in friendlies and such shouldn't there be more tourneys held than? So I can prove my skill, as of lately the only people i've lost to in tourney are Nate who by the way is number 2 but they're still always close games and Junpei who is also a good player. So I don't know what I have to do then
Again C!Z....I believe we are 3-2 me not you......at best you are 2-2.

There is no dislike towards you.Look at junpei.....he beat me as well as others....now he is ahead of me. Do the same and you will also move up. Plain and simple.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think problems are arising from the fact that the power rankings panelists were self-appointed. Gojira, you are a bit abusive with your so-called power.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I think problems are arising from the fact that the power rankings panelists were self-appointed. Gojira, you are a bit abusive with your so-called power.
Buzz dont come in here and start saying i am "abusive" with my "power". A 3/5 vote made him where he is, it was not MY power that put him there.....while i was one of the people that put him there it was not only MY doing. Every other panelist has as much "POWER" as me......

So stop with the arguing.....the point is to discuss your ranks not start flaming the panelists........C!Z showed a bad example of it and it started a war.....so just look at the list and discuss.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
C!Z, how about a MM, plox? If I win, you'll pay for my plane ticket that I'd need to get for a Utah MM, and if you win, I'll give you the munniez, and you can be ranked #1 in UT. PANELISTS, YOU BETTER ****ING AGREE WITH ME! I WANT A FREE TRIP TO UT!

Seriously though, just keep beating people. Where do you place in tournaments on average? I **** near always take 4th in Colorado tournaments, which is why I'm satisfied with being 4th/5th in Colorado. Well... not satisfied, but I'm not butthurt like you. If you consistently place above everyone listed above you, I can understand being a little miffed. Hell, I feel really underrated sometimes, but whatever.

Also, the panel should consist of whichever members of the community play everyone else most often. For example, Colorado's panel (if we ever stop being lazy) consists of myself, BlueMycon, El_LoVo, Ferdi, and a mystery 5th person. Notice how we're all also top 5, and place such at every Colorado tournament? Seems there's a relationship between how much you play people and how good you become, too. Hrm...

At any rate, C!Z, I can understand being pissed, I get that way sometimes, too. However, you're being incredibly rude and degrading towards the panelists, which leads me to believe you're just an arrogant scrub. Drop the horrible attitude, and you might see better results. Simple as that.

EDIT: Also, the red font makes you seem pretentious, much like Drk. Peach and his ***gy green font. Post like a normal human.

C!Z

Smash Lord
2-2 at best...? You're only 2 wins were when I very first came into the smash scene. Every last recent tourney I have won when I played you. So be proud of your 2 wins when I was a noob. I don't know who you are Zeal but not your place to speak bout the situation and you don't know me so just don't say anything, cuz you say I sound like an arrogant scrub but it sounds to me like you're just a nerd with nothing better to do then worry about another states smash scene problems
Again C!Z....I believe we are 3-2 me not you......at best you are 2-2.

There is no dislike towards you.Look at junpei.....he beat me as well as others....now he is ahead of me. Do the same and you will also move up. Plain and simple.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Buzz dont come in here and start saying i am "abusive" with my "power". A 3/5 vote made him where he is, it was not MY power that put him there.....while i was one of the people that put him there it was not only MY doing. Every other panelist has as much "POWER" as me......

So stop with the arguing.....the point is to discuss your ranks not start flaming the panelists........C!Z showed a bad example of it and it started a war.....so just look at the list and discuss.
... A 3/5 vote made who what? I never mentioned any names besides yours, and you completely assumed I was taking sides with someone's argument. Try reading my posts before staging an assault. The beef I have with your "power" is that you make statements like "We will have the power rankings meeting when I say we will." No questions. No objections. No opinions. Everyone does as Gojira says. That is what I hate about you in these situations. Loosen up, and let people have a word.

I don't know anything about the whole C!Z situation, but if it is any consolation, Gojira, you SUCK at keeping track of matches. I manage to 4-stock you twice in a row (BC is a witness), but somehow those matches slip out of your figures because you say "oh, I was tired" or "oh, I was just messin' around". Somehow, even though I was tired too, my victories never count, but all of yours do. Your numbers are atrocious, so please stop pretending you are always keeping track. You count them they way you want them counted. No one else is allowed to have an opinion with you.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
2-2 at best...? You're only 2 wins were when I very first came into the smash scene. Every last recent tourney I have won when I played you. So be proud of your 2 wins when I was a noob. I don't know who you are Zeal but not your place to speak bout the situation and you don't know me so just don't say anything, cuz you say I sound like an arrogant scrub but it sounds to me like you're just a nerd with nothing better to do then worry about another states smash scene problems
I don't know you, you're right. But if you can't even beat PC, then you aren't even close to my concern. Also, you play video games competitively, and you're calling ME a nerd? Way to call the kettle black. Gojira shouldn't even be proud of his wins, as I'm positive you're STILL a noob. Stop acting like you're tough ****, because you're not. You're a little kid playing a video game that's getting overly emotional. Do we need HugS to come down and own you too before you realize that you're not even good? Hell, I'll do it. $40 MM me when I come to UT next, alright?

The only reason I'm doing this is because I LIKE Utah's Smash Scene. They're **** good people, and fun to play. You're kinda an eyesore right now, and need to learn your place. Stop being such an ******* to everyone, and maybe they'll respect you a little more.

EDIT: C!Z, I realize I'm being a bit of a hypocrite. Just cool down, man. Have people watch your matches that matter for ranking, show them what you can do. Don't insult people, it just pisses them off.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
LOL!!! At this rate we won't need to worry about updating the power rankings because this thread will get closed and Utah will no longer be allowed to have a power rankings thread.

Seriously everyone lighten up. There's no need for name calling, accusations, false assumptions, etc etc etc.

C!z, I like you and everything but you're being a bit of a douche yourself right now. Zeal is a cool guy, but he can't sit back and not say anything when someone is acting the way you're acting. You've placed 9th, 9th, 7th, 7th, 9th, 6th, 7th, and 5th, according to the results on the first post of the utah thread. Logically speaking, that justifies you being no higher than 7th. However, Chao has completely outperformed you at every tournament he's attended, so that would reduce you to 8th. When the panelists went down to St George, Devin(AHotGreasedUpJigglypuff4Luvin') beat most of us in the tournament we had there. He did better than you usually do, which is why we placed him higher than you. Xsyven was a tough judgement call, but 3/5 said that he was better so that moved you down again. You're only 2 spots lower than the best you could've hoped for, so I really can't see why you're as upset as you are.

Happy Thoughts!!!:):):):):):):):)

Gojira

Smash Lord

I dont want to call johns out but, you beat bowser with shiek NICE JOB. The last few tourneys I lost to you at, i have been er i was trying to prepare my bowser for OC3 so i was practicing concepts and strategies gimpyfish gave me......congrats. And even thoguh you beat me, you stuggled ALOT vs my bowser with shiek.......which is kinda sad even though my bowser is good.

2-2 at best...? You're only 2 wins were when I very first came into the smash scene. Every last recent tourney I have won when I played you. So be proud of your 2 wins when I was a noob.
I did not beat you when you were "new" to the scene. It was a long time AFTER you joined the scene.... i remember my going DK losing to you, then going shiek and two stocking you in absolute domnination the following two matches. I was quite mad during our shiek ditto and gave you no mercy....ask nate...he watched me **** you that match. So just to let you know...next time it WILL be the same way.

And buzz, me saying "WE WILL HAVE THE MEETING WHEN I SAY" that was between me and junpei so dont even worry about it and avoid getting in the middle of this.

The arguing stops here......no more but this or but that, it ends with this post. IF C!Z ytou anyone wants to continue this, do it threw a PM.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I love how you address one tiny piece of my post and then state that the argument is over simply because you said so.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I love how you address one tiny piece of my post and then state that the argument is over simply because you said so.
I love how you ignored the fact that I said this was over and that anyone can continue this with PM's or you coudl have told me this through MSN but you just HAD to post in here saying this.

again it stops here. US pm's and IM's to continue .

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
For the love, Gojira, learn how to spell. It is impossible to take you seriously when you have so many spelling errors. Yes, this is a forum, and we are entitled to be lazy, but you virtually never read over your own posts.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Gojira said the arguing is over so the arguing is over. That's HIS power. He is the ruler of the power rankings thread, and if he says stop arguing then stop arguing.

I think we agreed that we're only updating after the august 18th tournament to raise Chao's position if he goes and does well. Otherwise we probably won't update until sometime in september.

Gojira

Smash Lord
OK seriously, stop with the "POWER" thing its pissing me off. I am telling people to stop arguing so this thread does not get shut down.

Buzz stop it just stop......my last post had 1 spelling mistake HOLY GOD. Stop adding wood to the fire, im in a bad mood as it is so please, JUST STOP. If you want to bug me or continue this......again USE A PM OR IM....you did not seem to sink that in the first two times i mentioned it......

Ragaingasian-....is that sarcasm? I have no more power then anyone here. ANYONE has the power to tell people to stop arguing....i just got to it first.....because again, i dont want this thread getting closed down.

So one final time, PLEASE discuss the RANKINGS!....not my spelling errors or my "POWERr" in this thread......\

~Gojira

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Alright goji, let us discuss. I'm curios as to where I placed (not on top 10, obviously). I believe I've beaten chao every time (90% sure of that) and I know I've beaten Xsyven every time. I'll accept your guys' decision either way, I won't get mad or anything (unless you insult my mommy. then it's up in the air..) I'm just wondering, am I 11th or 15th?

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what you mean. I think what you're saying is: We didn't post past 10th. However, we did go to 15, the last 5 just don't show. Is that right...?
If so, my questions still stand, don't they? Am I 11th or 15th, or even lower...?
If not, and you only went to 10 and you just suggested that you go to 15 but you never did, I gotcha. Still, why did you decide specifically that chao and xsyven should be above me? I can think of a few reasons but I would like to get it from the panel :)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
We decided to stop the discussion after 10th. Beating someone doesn't necessarily place you higher than them. Chao has outperformed you at every single tournament he's attended, so naturally you can't be higher than him. I can't speak for the other panelists, but in my opinion, Xsyven is considerably better than you are.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
True, true. I'll give layne a call and see what's up. I'm trying to get together with tjrook, but no luck there so far... I had forgotten about dsl actually. what's his full forum name, so I can pm him? Thanks nate :)

Top Bottom