• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Sms_MissileArsenal

Smash Apprentice
all i know is there no fest :(( im smashin wit a few noobz today later today [hardcore nubinz if ya know what i mean] but other then that im really busy tryin to get mysefl caught up on some astro nyuka!

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
hawaii has played with ammon a couple times so far. we are able to hold on to ourselves and the win-loss ratio are pretty even. maybe we will see more from him when we actually have tournaments. so far i wouldn't say ammon automatically becomes #1 in hawaii but he definitely adds diversity and a good competition to us.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Have you even played his luigi yet. I bet hes been goin all falcon lol.

He automatically becomes number 1

Hes way too nice to **** you in friendlys.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i was trying to be humble. but the fact is, i beat his luigi first try. however, i do understand about hometown support though. i didn't get any from tom aka firefly when i was playing against ammon's falcon because he wanted his turn to play ammon again. then i 3 stocked ammon's falcon.

i still can't say that he's made number 1 here yet. tourney results will show. however, i can conclude that ammon's falcon is better than vish's; ammon's powershielding is better than kline's; and ammon's brdy is bigger than brdy's.

just kidding about the last part. i don't even know brdy.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
Way to take it in the *** vish :p

go to Hawaii and show em whats good, and if you can't, delete the videos and say you never went.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i am not saying hawaii nor myself is better than vish, but in a comparison, ammon's falcon seems to be better than vish's. i just can't say i am better than vish just because i beat ammon's falcon until i get to play vish again. the transitive property doesn't work in the smash world.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
inui logic does lol.

Yea I think the only thing I got on Ka is suicide dairs lol. He is good when its tourney. He plays alot safer and more **** somehow and punishes your mistakes much harder. I think most of us can say weve beaten ka but we all know he would put his **** in our *****
no homo.

Hes the isai of luigis lol. Sandbag all day cuz its the nice thing to do. You guys should let him warm up and then ask him really really really nicely not to sandbag lol.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Haha, I still check these boards every once in a while, ya know.

And yes, I got the sense while playing him that Terrence's Falco is good. Tom's way good too.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really actually tell me anything about how you guys play in-tournament. My Falcon is practically non-existant in my mind in terms of how good it really is. It's null. I can confidently say Vish's Falcon is better than mine, because he's actually used him in-tournament and done well. I on the other hand have never really used my Falcon in tournaments, and therefore have no idea how it would perform under the pressure and stress of tournaments. My first guess would be slightly above awful. As I said before, my Falcon doesn't exist on a competitive, tournament level; which is what most people gauge actual skill on.

Sorry to admit Kline, but no matter how much someone asks me, I just can't create the same atmosphere a tournament gives, when doing friendlies. The two things are just too, I dunno, pyschologically different from each other. But thanks for the support, haha.

TerenceLau said:
maybe we will see more from him when we actually have tournaments.
I've actually been meaning to ask you guys about that. I guess I just got the impression tournaments weren't too big of a deal with you guys.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
<3 Ka-Master. Always so humble.

Number 1 in my heart.
I think your falcon is legittt, but thanks ^^

@ Kline
stop judging off friendlys lawl. XD

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i've been trying to make tournaments happen. for example, last friday there was supposed to be a doubles tournament which ammon got an invitation on facebook. sadly the tournament didn't happen at all because people showed up really late or at all for their own reasons and the ymca venue probably wouldn't like it too much if we went over time. it's hard to have tournaments when our community is this small and the number is just even more dissappointing if people don't show at all.

edit: tournament is a big deal at least to me. it's a process of getting everybody better. however, it takes more than just someone who announces a tournament; we also need players to participate and most of us probably have other priorities than smash. maybe it's just hawaii and people here are more chill about everything.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
<3 Ka-Master. Always so humble.

Number 1 in my heart.
I think your falcon is legittt, but thanks ^^

@ Kline
stop judging off friendlys lawl. XD
llol what a lil *****. None of us were judging off friendlys we all say Ka ***** in tourney. Toph was saying u gotta ask him not to sandbag lol.

@Ka-master just too good lol
I hear WA is nice this time of year lol

@Tlau is DM still hosting a tourney this summer?

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i think bobby is trying to get a venue for a summer tournament. if we have a venue, there would be melee and most likely the melee community will be in charge of it since he's probably busy with brawl.

as long as we have a place we could host melee tournaments. for that i don't think any outsiders are gonna join anyway.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
edit: tournament is a big deal at least to me. it's a process of getting everybody better. however, it takes more than just someone who announces a tournament; we also need players to participate and most of us probably have other priorities than smash.
If you guys are having trouble with attendance at tournaments, might I suggest trying to have something like a low-entry, 1v1 held in the morning/afternoon of like a Saturday? When you know there's probably going to be low attendance, it's kind of tough getting a decent amount of teams for a 2v2, because obviously each single team needs two players in it, and additionally they all have to go through the trouble of choosing who they're teaming with.

And like you said, running the risk of going over-time in a tournament makes people angry, so the tournament should be held in a way that it has plenty of time to complete itself, even if people are slow and late. Observably, finding a venue to meet those conditions is a whole different problem itself.

But yeah, 1v1s are tight. That's the gist of my post. >_>

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Since the entire state of WA who was signed up for tri smashed bailed

Everyone should go to GameClucks this Saturday for melee

We can have a decent tourney there

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
i probably have thought about what you (ammon) said way before i started hosting tourneys. we don't have much luck with a venue (not even a smasher's house) and ymca is probably the most stable one there could be right now.

regarding to low attendance, it's not the fact that people don't wish to join tournaments; it's due to our small community itself with only about 25 busy individuals. i keep the entry fee very low to keep the competitive ground friendly. i am doing this to keep everybody in the game and hope that they get better at each tournament.

more on the doubles tourney, it is more for the people because so far we've been having singles and the usual players dominited. we just wanna mix things up a little bit and see what we get. personally i prefer singles because it's easier, but if people wanna try doubles, that's fine too. it doesn't hurt to experiment. i think they are finding partners already since we are all fairly close to each other.

talk is cheap. you will see how things work in hawaii ammon. it probably won't be as big as washington but this is the best it could get in hawaii right now.

Yagi

Smash Ace
I played melee last weekend. It was too fun.

My brother moved to Hawaii. He said he played some smashers.

Sandbagging is fun. That is all.

Eggz

Smash Hero
ammon is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY ****ing better than hawaii.
get sandbagged in friendlies and judge off them more
i hope WA doesn't judge my skill based off my Ice Climbers

Top Bottom