• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I enjoyed the whole Phoenix Series, I never touched Apollo. Is his game as good as the Phoenix ones? I enjoyed TT and J4A more than the first game. I can't stop playing the last trails of both those 2.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think case 5 from the first game is the only one I don't like playing, the story is great, but I tried so hard without a guide to get through it and I just couldn't.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I once messed up on the 3rd game on the last Trial when Godot goes for the unlimited penalty and I selected the wrong option because I got trigger happy with the buttons pressing the "A" too fast and much. I didn't save either....LOL...oops...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I enjoyed the whole Phoenix Series, I never touched Apollo. Is his game as good as the Phoenix ones? I enjoyed TT and J4A more than the first game. I can't stop playing the last trails of both those 2.
☯ If you like J4A then you are able to play Apollo. XD

☯ That being said, I can't say you will like it.

I think case 5 from the first game is the only one I don't like playing, the story is great, but I tried so hard without a guide to get through it and I just couldn't.
☯ That case took me almost a month to beat for the first time, and three days straight on the second try. x_x

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There are some interesting plot points in Apollo in regards to Phoenix's history. So if you're a big fan of the character Phoenix himself, you might be intrigued more and more as the game goes on.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That's good to know. I haven't had a chance to touch my Wii but does the Wii store sell that game as well? Curious since last time I checked it they had all 3 Phoenix Wright games for purchase.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yup, they indeed have it on the Wii Shop as a WiiWare title, speaking of which I still need to get those but I don't know which, I might get a 3DS specifically to play some of the older ones as well, maybe DS, I dunno.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's an old game, and it's not one that will get a lot of restocking put into it.

Does anyone know where I can keep tabs on the unofficial translation of AAI2?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
From what I've seen from the translation 'group', they're suffering from a lack of communication. It may take a bit.

Rad

Smash Ace
I just started Apollo Justice after finishing the three Phoenix Wright games and Miles Edgeworth. I'm somewhere near the end of the first real case and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It feels easier than Miles Edgeworth right now, but I could be both amazing / only at the beginning. Ema Skye's munching animation is so good rofl.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I just started Apollo Justice after finishing the three Phoenix Wright games and Miles Edgeworth. I'm somewhere near the end of the first real case and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. It feels easier than Miles Edgeworth right now, but I could be both amazing / only at the beginning. Ema Skye's munching animation is so good rofl.

Lol, I love it too.
*munch* *munch* *munch* *munch*

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I actually found Investigations to be the hardest out of all the games, so Apollo Justice should feel easier.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The last case in AAI shouldn't have been hard, but it just was. Alba's 'bad' theme song is so cool though.

*Raises hand*

ENOUGH

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I found the last segment of the last case to be really unintuitive. Normally, I can figure it out the first time, but that one took me a couple tries. :urg:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I once messed up on the 3rd game on the last Trial when Godot goes for the unlimited penalty and I selected the wrong option because I got trigger happy with the buttons pressing the "A" too fast and much. I didn't save either....LOL...oops...
I wish they had a 'quick load' option/feature.

It's an old game, and it's not one that will get a lot of restocking put into it.

Does anyone know where I can keep tabs on the unofficial translation of AAI2?
http://z11.invisionfree.com/court_records/index.php?showforum=26

Glad you're enjoying AJ! :)

I found the last segment of the last case to be really unintuitive. Normally, I can figure it out the first time, but that one took me a couple tries. :urg:
It went on for wayyyyy too long. Could've ended a lot earlier.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That case was probably the only case in the series where I was just completely lost on how to solve the case.
Second most confusing case for me was case 3 on the 2nd AA game.

On another note, besides the first AA game, Investigations was the only AA game I didn't preorder. I almost feel kinda bad about that since whenever someone makes a preorder, the store will usually order a few more along with it.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Im mad at myself for waiting until now to try out the AA games. I just finished the fourth case on the first Ace Attorney and am starting the very last one :). After that Ill start the second game, but im a little worried because from what i read on the first page its the worst out of the series. I really like Phoenix Wright as a character and can't wait to play them all :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For a second there, I thought this bump was to tell us that Capcom has FINALLY decided to localize AAI2 in NA...

Stop crushing my hopes, Shadw. :mad:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For a second there, I thought this bump was to tell us that Capcom has FINALLY decided to localize AAI2 in NA...

Stop crushing my hopes, Shadw. :mad:
I ALMOST read your post saying they were going to localize it :c

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Rumours suggest Ace Attorney, Baten Kaitos, new Yoshi game set to debut

Source: http://www.everybodyplays.co.uk/new...-Baten-Kaitos-new-Yoshi-game-set-to-debut/836

As translated by Gematsu, the blog suggests that Nintendo are about the wheel about the big guns in support of the 3DS. Not only is a new game in the Ace Attorney series, starring Miles Edgworth set to be announced for the 3DS, but also a new game starring Mario's strange dinosaur pal, Yoshi, as a side-scrolling platformer, developed by the team that bought us Kirby's Epic Yarn, Good Feel.
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm...so is this AAI 3 coming to the 3DS? They are gonna roll that out, but not 2?

Or maybe it's like the first PW where we get a bonus case :D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hm...so is this AAI 3 coming to the 3DS? They are gonna roll that out, but not 2?

Or maybe it's like the first PW where we get a bonus case :D
I hope they end up releasing AAI2 on the 3DS. We NAs still need to play it...:urg:

Take it. All of my money.
Even tho I hate Capcom...

They can take all of my money if I can read it.
True dat.

The return of Phoenix, anybody?
I hope so, I miss him. :c

I will keep you guys updated on this as I hear confirmation/additional information.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/10/layton_ace_attorney_tgs/

The most intriguing (based off how many of you read our story on it!) game from last year's Level-5 Vision press conference was Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, a crossover title that's being developed by Level-5 and Capcom's Shu Takumi. But in the year since the announcement, we've heard nothing.

That will be changing next week at the Tokyo Game Show. Capcom is holding a stage event on the 16th from 13:40 to 14:10. In attendance will be Takumi, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino and Capcom's Hironobu Take****a. The content of the event will include development secrets behind Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, and new information about the game.

While the 16th is press only, the stage show will be repeated on the show's first public day, the 17th, from 12:30 to 13:00.
My body is ready. LOL @ the censor btw.

Top Bottom