• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyung

Smash Ace
After a bit of experimenting, it looks like characters can use effects from other characters, assuming you ONLY use the effects. Luigi could use Mario's effects like the fire explosion effect, but the game didn't take kindly to changing the moves themselves.
That means that characters may not be limited to their own effects.
Because those you mentioned are not character specific effects. They're always loaded no matter what character are chosen.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
I think it's meant to be a ground attack.

Hopefully he can make the attack not work in the air.
ye, i hope so.

also, i was told you needed dynamic SD loader and SD files to get this to work. is that true?

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Wings could go here and prove us all wrong right now if he could/wanted.

And so, How would you go about assigning aerial only moves to ground attacks?
Like Tornado to Down-B?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Phantom Wings could go here and prove us all wrong right now if he could/wanted.
He could do frigging anything Brawl-related. We need to get him working together with Pharrox on coding/making the model inserter- wait, he said he'd leave that to Pharrox, didn't he? D:

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
He could do frigging anything Brawl-related. We need to get him working together with Pharrox on coding/making the model inserter- wait, he said he'd leave that to Pharrox, didn't he? D:
But we need help from Phantom Wings to make much faster progress.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice

And so, How would you go about assigning aerial only moves to ground attacks?
Like Tornado to Down-B?
The same way he could take Link's >A move and place it on Young link's neutral A, just at a faster pace.

Since moveset swapping is possible via codes, one would suppose that it would be possible with editing the PAC file. Until PW releases information on the limitations of using inter-character effect/moveset exchanging, we wont know whether or not Marth could have Ike's >B dash, or Luigi's Tornado could be placed on Mario (or even Wario for that matter).

Does that makes sense? The beamsword technique is unique to an item, and that animation can be used by any character. Firey explosions are sometimes unique to the character, but oftentimes is yet another gimmick set up from items' and their effects as well. Each move that Phoenix Mario performs is a doable (or at least in one frame or another) executable via the normal Mario. Speeds and effects are changed along with it to make it more epic.

So, let's view another item's animation process. You could take Metroid's "spin jump" item, and apply that animation onto Sonic's UpB move, so that after using the spring, he spins as well. Heck, add a fire effect onto that too - not only do you have an UpB move using the spring, he now spins, using fire. This process would be possible, merely because of the animation prospects from the item, as well as fire effects used from items as well.

Technically, the "pick up the box" animation could be used for replacing the current animation for throwing opponents, because Mario is pre-loaded with that animation. Use the animation from the super scope to give Lucario a DragonBall Z-esque "continuous shot" animation of his Neutral B move. Add some epicness by having him continue to switch hands when he shoots those - since he has animations for using his left arm, as well as his right.

Is this making more sense now? From the images and screens we've seen, this is the conclusion I'm coming to, and the conclusion that many of you have probably already come to. UNLESS phantom wings lets us in on whether or not 'inter-character' animations are possible, that range of imagination shouldn't really be played around with quite yet.

/phat-'a' post

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I did not read the whole topic so forgive me if this has been asked already:

Is it possible using this process to actually give movesets to AT models and make them into characters? Like Shadow, Little Mac, Isaac, and Lyn?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well...If they do ever make fan-made characters official, this'll be a nightmare to balance.
I don't think there's ANY chance that it'll become tourney standard. If it gets some sort of official status, I imagine it will be like Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl, either a part of a pre-existing one (likely Brawl+ if it is), or given a whole new codeset and everything.

I actually think that, if/when it gets an official status, it'll actually be fairly easy to balance. I think PW was just having fun with this one.

One step closer to making the Claus (Masked man) Moveset.
Way to Mother 3 Spoil. Y'could've just said Masked Man.

Anyhow, Did anyone try to put Mario's Pac into another character's folder and rename the file to the character's name?
I'm 99% sure that would freeze the game when it tries to load the character, but it is an interesting concept.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So? Just because we don't understand it at first doesn't mean we can't learn. Besides, I'm quite certain that there will be plenty of tutorials for it, given time.
And for those that are stubborn enough (like me XD), even if we can't make anything very good at first, we'll keep trying until we get it right.
just what i was thinking=)... i'm just gonna make my fail yoshi once though... does anyone know what yoshi means in japanese?... i want to call my yoshi the japanese word for the oppositee...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No it doesn't. Only t-poses. No freezes. And the result is lolz. Try it yourself
Oh, really? Well, I'm just about to try it myself, I was just loading it up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ooh, I just thought of something...this brings new potential to PT's Pokemon used separately, because you can alter the Down B to do something.

Zephron

Smash Ace
What happens if you re-name it to FitMario00.pac?

...would it not load at all, work for just neutral mario, or have no effect?

I agree on the voting system for the new characters. Maybe I'll make a topic with a poll on it.

But then who would make it and would people actually allow it to be in b+ even if we tried to balance it?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
maybe it can be made to launch you downward when used in the air, such as bowser's VB.
I'd prefer if he made it so that it only lets you stand in midair once, kinda like the cape; after that, it doesn't slow falling speed. It'd be good for mindgames.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't think it'll work if you name it FitMario00.pac, because that's not what it is. With the numbers at the end, it's a texture, without them, it's an effect, and you can't put regular effects on just one costume, so I'm not sure why you could put this one.

Also, I just tried putting in the .pac and renaming it with Dedede and it froze before the stage even loaded.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Ooh, I just thought of something...this brings new potential to PT's Pokemon used separately, because you can alter the Down B to do something.
yeahyeahyeah! we must find some moves that work good and are not broken so it can become official... that would be really amazing and brawl+ would hop another big step away from vBrawl...

...also i think pheonix mario's down-b in the air should shoot fires down(but the same stance) and cancell downward momentum... but you can only use it once...

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i had an idea for R.O.B

^smash= up tilt animation and has a fireblast
B= fire beam. hold to fire continuously
^B= surrounded by a fire veil
VB= gyro shot animation. fires a mid charged gyro, that has reflection effects
>B= ray gun animation. shoots an electric bomb that releases energy that follows the ground/wall (like mario fireball)
> air= electric karate chop spike
< air= fire veil, and much more range
V air= faster
>smash= splits into 3, one going up, down, and in the middle
V smash= up smash animation. sends a fire wave on both sides
A= B animation. as if the laser had no charge at all, but with more range

again, these are quick ideas, and i didn't have ideas for some attacks

timothyung

Smash Ace
Hmm if your character have something like sword trails, the game will freeze if you replace the FitXXX.pac with PMario's, because the sword trail texture is in that file. The game can't find that texture, so it freezes. But others are fine, like CF. ICs has trails of their hammers, so it'll freeze.

MaxThunder

PM Support
... for roy it would indeed be cool whith his neutral-b an f-smash whith ikesplosion effect... but is it possible? if the eksplosion is character spesific i'm pretty sure it wont work... but if it isn't it would be cool=)...(though if it is ...there is some other kind of eksplosion effects right?)

Revven

FrankerZ
I doubt it, the Pokemon Character Files are the same whether they are individual or not. So if you changed Down B for Indy Charizard, likely, he won't be able to switch if you go to PT... Or some kind of freeze would happen.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Way to Mother 3 Spoil.
Oh... Wait you haven't played that game yet... I am honestly sorry I spoiled it.
But when you actually meet him, it's **** near obvious.

I really am sorry.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So you could give Ganon a dark sword with this? Well, obviously it wouldn't be an actual sword, but.. :D

My idea for an awesome jiggz revamp:

Side b has electric effect

jab is now jab, jab, side tilt kick as a third jab (although I don't know if this if possible)

Rollout has metroid spin jump effect (not sure if this is possible either)

dtilt has dark waves coming out of it in addition to the regular attack (:D:D:D:D)

uair has dark effect :D

these are just some cool ideas that might not be possible, but still, this whole plan zero thing is AMAZING!!

Zephron

Smash Ace
I can see the make a move topic booming now, XD.
But please don't make this topic a place for that.

Also, why don't we discuss creating new characters instead of messing with the ones that already exist. They're already in the game, give someone else a chance.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I doubt it, the Pokemon Character Files are the same whether they are individual or not. So if you changed Down B for Indy Charizard, likely, he won't be able to switch if you go to PT... Or some kind of freeze would happen.
but they do have their own separate folders for textures... and the pac file goes in there... actually, i think that the down-b belongs to the trainer and the pokemons themselves dont have a down-b... like their connected to the trainer like its some kind of parent object... and adding a down-b might overide the pokemon trainer d-b... and isnt that proved by the independent pokemon engine?... correct me if i'm wrong but that makes every pókemon not have the trainer there and their d-b dont do anything cause their disconected from pk right?

@zephron: i think we should perfect the ones that are in the game before making new ones(aiming at PT... and possibly shiek/zelda... it would be cool if they where independent too... just change their d-b and you could still select them independently whith the hacked css...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Has anyone tried Baby Phoenix Mario yet to see how well this hack works in conjunction with the size modifier codes?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
So you could give Ganon a dark sword with this? Well, obviously it wouldn't be an actual sword, but.. :D

My idea for an awesome jiggz revamp:

Side b has electric effect

jab is now jab, jab, side tilt kick as a third jab (although I don't know if this if possible)

Rollout has metroid spin jump effect (not sure if this is possible either)

dtilt has dark waves coming out of it in addition to the regular attack (:D:D:D:D)

uair has dark effect :D

these are just some cool ideas that might not be possible, but still, this whole plan zero thing is AMAZING!!

i don't think that is possible. i think to have the character have different attacks, you have to go withing the boundry of the effects that character can use. so jiggs can use only regular attacks. it sucks. i would have given her shadow ball, ice beam, dark pulse, and blast burn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom