• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Thinking about starting a podcast and strategy forum for this game. If anybody is interested in helping, let me know.

JarrardKO

Smash Cadet
Quick Question:

Will this game have competitive mechanics that will create a skill gap? Think of l-canceling/wavedashing etc. in melee.

btw, if I'm being honest - I really couldn't care if it's a ssb rip off with a few changes. I've waited for far too long for a competitive brawler, that's all I want.

THAT'S ALL I WANT SONY YOU HEAR ME?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
They're trying to make PSASBR like a traditional fighter with the freedom of movement a platformer. I'm guessing cancels will work like they do in Street Fighter or other traditional fighters. Iirc Heihachi does have a wavedash of sorts but it's more akin to Tekken's WD and not Melee's.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Did the beta stop working?
Pretty much. I'm assuming they will put it back up when the beta goes public with an update.

Evil Cole seems fine to me. Judging by just the basic principle of his attacks, he seems to be the better Cole.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If Snake is in the game, Raiden's LV 3 should've been Snake's. Cardboard boxes are more of a Snake thing.

Overall, I wish Raiden was a bit faster (ninja, duh), but he still looks like a primary pick to be my main.

Drake, Raiden, and Spike. Maybe Dante if he has an alt costume/Vergil.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't know whether you have read this or have this 100% confirmed. What I can tell you is that David Hayter has done VA for this game. It could be an assist trophy, a hidden character, or DLC. Don't make such assumptions.

Edit: Also, Gamespot has private footage of Sir Daniel and Nariko. So those two are definitely confirmed.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I don't know whether you have read this or have this 100% confirmed. What I can tell you is that David Hayter has done VA for this game. It could be an assist trophy, a hidden character, or DLC. Don't make such assumptions.

Edit: Also, Gamespot has private footage of Sir Daniel and Nariko. So those two are definitely confirmed.
Are you referring to this?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05...irmed-for-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

Eric Ladin was typing out of his ***.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And how do you know Ladin was "typing out of his ***"? Do you have some proof that backs that up? Your statements wouldn't be much of a problem if you weren't declaring them such a guarantee.

Bionichute

Smash Champion

If you pre-order the game at Gamestop/EB Games you get a free Playstation Allstars themed deck of cards!

This also confirms that the game has at least 26 characters.

54 - 2 (because Jokers may or may not be there) = a regular 52-card deck.

52 / 2 = 26

It'd be one character per number and color (so Good Cole would be the Red Aces, Bad Cole would be the Black Aces). One card would be the character, the other would be the pre-order costume (or an alternate costume in general).
26 CHARACTERS CONFIRMED

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Thanks lordvaati, now I won't get charged for double posting!

This is either a really amazing photoshop, or a leaked image of the LocoRoco stage and Kat. Note the Colossus in the background.

EDIT: ALSO SORA

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Only problem with the image is it's so blurry you can tell what's what.

I think we'll only have 20 characters, but time will tell if I'm wrong.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Paul Gale confirmed that the roster has 22+ characters, and that SuperBot sees DLC as a possibility for post-launch.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Paul Gale confirmed that the roster has 22+ characters, and that SuperBot sees DLC as a possibility for post-launch.
Paul Gale is the most trustworthy leaker, mainly because he doesn't just state who the characters are.

He also changed his female character hint to "An ATTRACTIVE female". Does, that make this more vague or less vague?

EDIT: Amazon reveals unlockable characters and stages.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Bumping this.

Kat "leak" proven fake (It has a colossus in the background but the trailer shows that Loco Roco is crossing over with metal gear rising)
Giant Toro = epic
New theme song
voice acting (Note: Nefarious is over Daxter's lines for some reason)

new stuff:
Loco Roco mixed with Metal Gear
San Fransisco crosses with Starhawk
Paris (Sly Cooper) crosses with Little Big Planet
Updated graphics
The gameplay looks a lot faster now.
New theme song sings about Squirtle
No Sora (It was Radec)
Paul Gale basically confirmed Wander in his newest hints
Next All-Stars update is at Eurogamer this Thursday

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So, Paul Gale apparently hinted at the game having 25 characters in it.
Here's my wish list: Crash, Wander, Kat, Chimera, and Cloud.

SteliKingOfSpeed

Smash Cadet
Sony had to have a recognizable roster to many to make it successful on the scale of Smash Bros. but a 20 character roster with some "meh" choices. Crash and Spyro could of worked as they were recognizable on a Nintendo console. More recognizable and iconic third party characters such as Cloud, Lara, Snake and Rayman that made more sense could of happened, but no. This will be a underrated sub-par fighter and I'm sure if a sequel ever occurs, Superbot will be split up or rehashed with a "try harder next time" label. I'm saddened but I will be content discovering characters like Toro and Nariko.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
recently Paul revealed the final characters he knew about from his source. as to whether or not they are going in the game still, he is not sure.

Final in-game characters
Wander
Old Snake
Cloud
Crash

Characters he mentioned in the letter that are considered for DLC
Conner
kat

Characters they considered putting in, but decided not to in the end
Chun-Li
Dart(dammit!)
Spyro

you can find the details here: http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/10/10/here-is-the-unedited-e-mail-that-paul-gale-network-sent-to-superbot-entertainment-regarding-the-rumored-final-characters-in-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/

Top Bottom