• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the differences aren't going to be so much they'll warrant different threads - or buying both games, either. I've just got a feeling.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm buying both games, I always do. Gives me a game to replay, gives me access to all version exclusives, and I'll apparently get even more out of it this time, so there's really no question for me.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'm buying both games, I always do. Gives me a game to replay, gives me access to all version exclusives, and I'll apparently get even more out of it this time, so there's really no question for me.
To each their own. I was gonna' say earlier that buying both versions takes away the relevance of the trading function (which is a huge part of why there's two versions), but maybe Nintendo's encouraging you to spend more money on it or something now that there's more to it than that.

Unrelated to the current chatter, but hilariously flyinfilipino's friend's comment is still on that false official 5th Gen Facebook page. Maybe he's just given up on updating it, lmao.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm pretty sure the differences aren't going to be so much they'll warrant different threads - or buying both games, either. I've just got a feeling.
Who knows? People will buy both games; Firus proved my point. :p
Regardless, if the plot and area developments are indeed differentiated in Black and White, there is indeed a possibilty for different discussions.
Time will tell.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You're talking about the dude named Christian Bendana right?

**** it, I would comment too if I could see a ****ing comment button :mad:

UberMario

Smash Master
EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.

Belle is the blonde, Cheren is the guy with the glasses. (Serebii says it's a guy, so I'll assume it is, but wouldn't this also mean the opposite starter trainer won't have a major role then if they don't get a starter?)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You're talking about the dude named Christian Bendana right?

**** it, I would comment too if I could see a ****ing comment button :mad:
You have to "Like" the page before you can comment on it.

Then just de-"Like" it once you're done. Unless you want to give the guy exactly what he wants, which is absolutely meaningless fans of his silly page.

Also, RuNNing Riot, yeah, I think Nintendo's goal is just to get more people to buy their games, I don't think they care who does it.

M.K

Level 55
EDIT: Nope, I was wrong.

Belle is the blonde, Cheren is the guy with the glasses. (Serebii says it's a guy, so I'll assume it is, but wouldn't this also mean the opposite starter trainer won't have a major role then if they don't get a starter?)
Wally never got a starter.
Of course, nobody actually cared about Wally. His aunt and uncle simply let him live out his 1-2 "possible" years before he succumbed to his very aggressive rectal cancer. The family simply moved to Verdanturf to be closer to the cemetery where Wally's favorite pet Zigzagoon, Sparky, was buried. Eventually, Brendan comes across Wally's half-pounded corpse being used as a punching bag by a group of wild Hariyama in the Victory Road. Upon his Swellow, Brendan holds the battered corpse of a dying Wally. Delivering the corpse to the parents was the hardest part, the part Brendan would never forget. The tears streaming from the mother's eyes, the smile across her face, Brendan knew what she was thinking. "You lived, my son, you lived like you had always wanted to , and that's what makes you my son. Rest in peace, my sweet prince of Hoenn".

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Unrelated to the current chatter, but hilariously flyinfilipino's friend's comment is still on that false official 5th Gen Facebook page. Maybe he's just given up on updating it, lmao.
Indeed. I was expecting something since all this new info's out, but I guess he's still trying to find an excuse. We need to hear from the Pokemon Company! :laugh:

Game Freak's got me conflicted; I like Reshiram, but I think the White Forest looks more intriguing. If I had to choose between the Goth and the green blob, I'd choose the green blob, because the Goth is bizarre. I bet Goth = Black Version and Blob = White Version.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
So I go to Bulbapedia and find this:

Black City is exclusive to Pokémon Black, while White Forest is exclusive to Pokémon White
What bothers me is that Pokemon Black has both Black CITY and Reshiram, the dragon/FIRE pokemon, while Pokemon White has White FOREST and Zekrom, the dragon/ELECTRIC pokemon. I mean you would think that the one with the city would have electricity and the one with the forest would be more accustomed to fire. Then again there are unfortunate implications no matter which way you turn, but does it make anyone else feel a bit confused?

M.K

Level 55
It makes sense. I heard somewhere on Serebii that another pamphlet translated that one game would focus on a plan to make nature--> technology, and one would make technology ---> nature (the evil team, that is).

If White Forest is where Zekrom is, then we can probably assume that the evil team will try and "get" Zekrom to transform everything into technology, and vice versa with Reshiram and Black City.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Wally never got a starter.
Of course, nobody actually cared about Wally. His aunt and uncle simply let him live out his 1-2 "possible" years before he succumbed to his very aggressive rectal cancer. The family simply moved to Verdanturf to be closer to the cemetery where Wally's favorite pet Zigzagoon, Sparky, was buried. Eventually, Brendan comes across Wally's half-pounded corpse being used as a punching bag by a group of wild Hariyama in the Victory Road. Upon his Swellow, Brendan holds the battered corpse of a dying Wally. Delivering the corpse to the parents was the hardest part, the part Brendan would never forget. The tears streaming from the mother's eyes, the smile across her face, Brendan knew what she was thinking. "You lived, my son, you lived like you had always wanted to , and that's what makes you my son. Rest in peace, my sweet prince of Hoenn".
Nice creepypasta, bro.

M.K

Level 55
Have you seen the boy? Dude grows creepy-grain for a living. Green hair = wtf? Parents let him buy some hair dye before he kicked the bucket, ya know?
"cleaner air" = bull****.

Anyways, Homonculus and Gothlita being version exclusives is depressing! I love both of them to pieces.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
3 on 3 battles actually sound really interesting when given the ability to move your pokemon and these new attacks that are being introduced.

I'm a little confused about Rankurusu's ability though. It says that it avoids damage from sandstorm and hail with it's new ability but magic guard already does that. And if this one helps you and your team mates why give him magic guard at all?

I'm also hoping we can chat and battle at the same time but that seems like it's asking for a bit too much.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm also hoping we can chat and battle at the same time but that seems like it's asking for a bit too much.
Didn't we already have that last gen? Or do you mean video chat?

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Am I the only one who is absolutely loving Rankurusu? His design is awesome, he has access to Magic Guard and... nerfed Magic Guard too, for whatever reason... and he's a ****ing CELL. Thank you, Gamefreak. Thank you.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Am I the only one who is absolutely loving Rankurusu? His design is awesome, he has access to Magic Guard and... nerfed Magic Guard too, for whatever reason... and he's a ****ing CELL. Thank you, Gamefreak. Thank you.
Hell no, I love Rankurusu. It's awesome. I suspect it's not going to be in Black (which is the game I intend to make my main version) so I'm going to have to trade it over, because I'm going to want it for my team.

M.K

Level 55
Watch GF make it NU.

D:
GameFreak doesn't "make" Pokemon Neverused. Nor do they make them Overused, Underused, or Uber. GameFreak designs Pokemon, the moves they use, and their initial stats, and the community decides which ones are the best for winning Pokemon battles.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hehe, Black gets the cell. Yay
I actually don't think we know which game is getting what yet, and I actually think Black isn't getting Rankurusu. Just my feeling.

Also, I don't see how it looks like a cell. It just reminds me of a Castform esque pokemon :ohwell:
That would make it even more awesome.

No, but it definitely resembles a cell. It's transparent and has things floating around in it. It's either meant to resemble a cell or a humanoid-shaped piece of Jell-O. (Please don't let it be the latter.)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I still don't see it.

It reminds me more of a ghost type pokemon then. You know, like Gastly where it has aura stuffs coming out of it.

I'm not saying that it's not a cell pokemon, I just can't see the resemblance just like I don't see the resemblance between Chiriimi and an actual Chinchilla

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Also, I don't see how it looks like a cell. It just reminds me of a Castform esque pokemon :ohwell:
Its actual body looks like its floating in cytoplasm, and the floating sections of its body are reminiscent of organells. It doesn't look like an actual cell, but rather a personified/styleized version of one, kinda like how Shardpedo doesn't look like a shark.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Didn't we already have that last gen? Or do you mean video chat?
Yeah, I meant video chat. I'm not sure if the DSi can handle running the game and vid chat at the same time. Now that I think about it the game uses both screens so they wouldn't have anywhere to display video anyways.

I hope rankurusu has really solid stats or a good evo. He's too cool to let fall by the wayside.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just watch them make a pokemon as annoying as ludicolo and it ends up being tyraniter good

UberMario

Smash Master
Nearly all pokemon can have their name and appearance traced to something.

Heck, Pikachu's name means "Sparkling Squeak" in Japanese and is based on the [Japanese variety of the] Harlequin-breed of domestic rabbit. As is Raichu (which means Lightning Squeak).

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Its actual body looks like its floating in cytoplasm, and the floating sections of its body are reminiscent of organells. It doesn't look like an actual cell, but rather a personified/styleized version of one, kinda like how Shardpedo doesn't look like a shark.

Uhhhh, yes it does look like an actual shark

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I meant a real shark. You can tell Sharpedo is supposed to be a shark, yet he doesn't look a lot like a real shark.

Rankurusu is to a cell as Sharpedo is to a shark.
Well, that's because it's name is SharPEDO. I mean, they had to fit the torpedo part somewhere, so Sharpedo is excused of that, but the Cell isn't as it doesn't have a gimmick to it's design.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because its a mix between a shark and a tordedo... the back end of is taken off and shaped as the end of a torpedo... just look at the name shar (shark) pedobear (torpedo)...

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, that's because it's name is SharPEDO. I mean, they had to fit the torpedo part somewhere, so Sharpedo is excused of that, but the Cell isn't as it doesn't have a gimmick to it's design.
Gimmick located.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Yeah, I meant video chat. I'm not sure if the DSi can handle running the game and vid chat at the same time. Now that I think about it the game uses both screens so they wouldn't have anywhere to display video anyways.

I hope rankurusu has really solid stats or a good evo. He's too cool to let fall by the wayside.
The DSi probably couldn't handle it, but they could have tabs :o

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
I think Minezumi looks awesome=p looks like a manic squirrel. Also i think becasue he is a 'lookout' pokemon then high speed and baton pass could come into play here or perhaps a new move that could be based on scouting =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom