• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i have one distinct memory of action basturd

at pound 4, he was wearing one of pbnj's t-shirts, "the business"
his face looked exactly like the scrunched up, ****ed-up face of the cartoon man on the t-shirt

LMFAO!!!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Dart is free if you play sheik or roy

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mango Update #2:

Mango: "Azen vs Amsah in friendlies right now. Action Basturd is calling next."

God ****ing dammit Action Basturd. You need to learn what TV's you're allowed to get in on.

I still remember the Pound 4 big screen rotation: Hax, Linguini, Darkrain, HugS...and Action Basturd.

And he always made sure you didn't skip him >:o
Haha, every time I see that I always hope the lower level player gets his *** handed to him. No offense to Action Basturd, but there is a time and place to friendly Azen or Amsah, and that isn't one of them.

@Juggleguy, pound 3 pools were impossible. Take a look at any round 3 pool.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=832
Well, obviously 3rd round pools are going to be rough... there's a reason the players are in the 3rd round. Azen/Dart/GMoney is one of the hardest 1st round pools I've ever seen.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
The Azen/Dart/G$ pool has to be one of the hardest 1st round pools in the history of Melee nationals...
Tope/Xif/Yeah! and Tec0/Scar are also happening at pound 5... some of the pools are so easy, then there are those like 2-3 pools that are just like "..."

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Aka you copped out and picked a good character :( Btw come to GA tourney/host FAP3... we need to play :D

But yeah! is the player you're thinking of im pretty sure.

Hey icy; are R1 pools done?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The schedule says R2 Pools are starting at 8pm (~10 minutes from now), so I'd imagine so.

We'll probably get some updates once it's wrapped up.

Ilove

Smash Cadet
According to Inui and random guy at the desk R2 singles pools start tomorrow. Doubles R1 just started.

j00t

Smash Champion
Aka you copped out and picked a good character :( Btw come to GA tourney/host FAP3... we need to play :D

But yeah! is the player you're thinking of im pretty sure.

Hey icy; are R1 pools done?
You beat me in that MM, I dunno what you're sad about :p. But yeah, I need to get better with G&W so I can actually play him in tournament.

I'm kinda broke right now, I want to go to SMYM12 but I dunno if that will happen. There might be a FAP3... can't say right now though.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Mango Update #2:

Mango: "Azen vs Amsah in friendlies right now. Action Basturd is calling next."

God ****ing dammit Action Basturd. You need to learn what TV's you're allowed to get in on.

I still remember the Pound 4 big screen rotation: Hax, Linguini, Darkrain, HugS...and Action Basturd.

And he always made sure you didn't skip him >:o
What's the 'calling next' thing they use in america about anyway =s
If you are playing friendlies and some one comes to you and 'calls next' you have to switch with him after you finish a game?
In europe you can just play with some one howlong you want :p

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
What's the 'calling next' thing they use in america about anyway =s
If you are playing friendlies and some one comes to you and 'calls next' you have to switch with him after you finish a game?
In europe you can just play with some one howlong you want :p
lol really? that seems unfair & not as fun!

all you do is you see 2 people playing, you call next, if theyre playing a set you wait for that if it's singles you take the spot of the loser. it's fun because it gives a bigger incentive to win, so you can keep going =P

what if some1 wanted to play in europe? they jsut have to sit and wait until one gets bored and leaves?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord

all you do is you see 2 people playing, you call next, if theyre playing a set you wait for that if it's singles you take the spot of the loser. it's fun because it gives a bigger incentive to win, so you can keep going =P

what if some1 wanted to play in europe? they jsut have to sit and wait until one gets bored and leaves?
No. You ask if you can join them. If they don't want to, they can keep playing, but it's kinda rude so I've never seen it happen.

stelzig

Smash Lord

You politely ask if you can join in for some losers out, but you can't just call next.

Unless it's people you know well, then you just plug in the controller and sit down without saying anything.... A good strategy in general because you don't give people a chance to turn you down ^x^

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman

idk I dont really care about winning in friendlies I just want to have fun, and sometimes I just want too play a person you only see at big tournaments, and dont want to switch after a few games just too play some else

and yeah what ajp said

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
well ive never actually 'called' next i guess i said that wrong, i just go 'can i get next?' and it's implied losers out.

no1s ever denied me but ive seen people not let others get next which is kinda lame

Tink

Smash Hero
i heard dart went 2-1 vs PP in some friendlies =DDDD.....get hyped for mw hopefully mkaing some upsets in the bracket!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Tink, could you ask one of the guys to update us? I'm sure they're busy, but we haven't gotten anything in a long while now.

Rat

Smash Lord
Quick texting update on MW first round:

Kels took first seed.
Vro lost to Silent Wolf (he got 2nd seed.)
As known Darticus ***** G$

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I 4 stock Action B every match we play... Im a brawl player. Says something.
You're a Melee player now. Don't deny it! ;)

Action Bastard has always had a huge grudge against me because he lost his first money match to me 3 years ago.

Some people just don't learn.

I would really like some updates on the International/Florida players

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oooh go to work Nicknyte!

Also VMan better be tearin that **** up!

M2K and Armada teaming = win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom