• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Correct me if i' wrong but if you want to approach diddy w/ dedede then don't you just jump over to him?:confused:
We don't really approach him that way, we camp and wait for a mistake. or for him to try to approach us in the air. The Diddy matchup is close, its just really annoying.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hes tiny, but so are his hitboxes, and almost everytime you use an aerial you want to land instead of autocanceling with squirtle, making him very easy to sheild grab. And Height hardly affects how often someone can get grabbed, you act as if hes wario or something, squirtle has the same chance of being grabbed as someone else. His dthrow is strong, second stronged throw in the game i beleive, but when do you need it? around 120% maybe? by then you are fatigued and it doesnt KO until 150-160%, Every usmash is blockable on reaction even hydroplanned ones. A-Tier? Take a look at whos in A-Tier, he cannot compare even if he had no fatigue those characters are just too good, I have played against those characters with PT hacks on and i still had trouble.
Once again I remind you that I'm talking about Squirtle without fatigue. That is, Squirtle would be a **** good character if he didn't start sucking after a few minutes. I feel like Squirtle has some of the best maneuverability in the game (he's among the fastest on the air and on the ground), so he can bait and punish with the best of them. This is how his small hitboxes are less of a problem, because he can out-range an attack, then get within his own range quickly. This is the same strength that Wario has, so my comparison to Wario is apt. The fact is, small hitboxes can hit large targets, especially with a highly maneuverable characters, moves with start-up will not be blocked every time and characters with good enough air control shouldn't have to commit to any approach, no matter how big their hitboxes are. If his dthrow could still be called a KO move by the time you got to 120%, I think Squirtle would be a **** good character.

RATED

Smash Lord
I lol'd (even today) at "ook" DK's positioning in his tier list. DDD says HI. IDK why even people would pick DK when tthey have DDD. almost same weight, CG, disjointed great aerials, inhale and other things. I am not saying that DK sucks bcuz he don't but LOL DK on A tier .

Magik0722

Smash Champion
But like i said, i seriously doubt unfatiagable squirtle is A-tier material, those characters in the A-Tier really outshine him without compare

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe because... DK is a fun character.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
i didn't say he wasn't fun I said he was boring especially to watch. Would you rather watch an AFRICA PAUNCH or a d-throw chaingrab into robotic bair edgeguard

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You've never seen Co18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Il6e0Cw1Vo

Check the first stock.
Very col, I'm impressed
trip to completely avoidable f-smash is not cool lol
ah come on, don't be a scrub <,<
But like i said, i seriously doubt unfatiagable squirtle is A-tier material, those characters in the A-Tier really outshine him without compare
Hmmm... don't underestimate him.
He has many high tier qualities. I he is missing is the ability to get rid of Ivy and Zard.
Then again, both of those two characters also **** hard.
Ivy is like a space happy ***** while are a Charizard has to do is spam Fire Breath and Rock Smash for easy damage. It's easy to land RS and it can deal like 40%! THAT'S INSANE!

All that aside... Squirtle can be gimped, Ivy is easily edge hogged and Zard can be juggled/combo'd due to his weight.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
RS isnt easy to land and is easily sheilded

Squirtle has low mid-tier qualities

I'd place unfatigable squirtle around luigi or peach

saviorslegacy

RS isnt easy to land and is easily sheilded

Squirtle has low mid-tier qualities

I'd place unfatigable squirtle around luigi or peach
True about RS but then again isn't everything?

Squirtle=
frame 1 jab
jab cancel> USmash
hydro plan (awesome ground movement)
water gun (super gimping)
Fair/Bair= really fast, can combo into each other and it can take the foe over the ledge
a t-tilt lock
super armor while inside his shell
Water Gun can be a wall when not charged (it does damage)
d-tilt= a shield poke
a lot of auto canceled airials
Waterfall= a bunch of disjointed multi hit box's (in other words it can be hard to hit him out of it)
he can space his airials like Wario can
f-tilt= FTFO move that can also be used as a jab cancel ender
a very awesome jab lock and can pretty much take you to death if you do get jab locked
a good Boost Walk
(and) OoS options (Fair/Bair)

Now look at that and tell me that he belongs in the mid tiers.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I think squirtle mindgames like sonic while playing like wario. Bait and punish, bait and punish, then get inside and wreck them. I think he and wario are extremely similar characters who both focus on movement and aerial games. Side note, grab releases gay them both, but they are both hard to grab characters. Squirtle has A tier potential, but the game tied him to two worse characters and then gave him a crap mechanic that was the final nail in his coffin. Squirtle has A tier potential on his own, but in Brawl you can't play as squirtle- you play as pokemon trainer, and that includes all the weaknesses that drop him so far down the tiers.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
True about RS but then again isn't everything? Rock smash has alot of startup, which makes it much more easier to sheild

jab cancel> USmash - This doesnt work
hydro plan - just stand still against a squirtle doing this, he cant do anything but slide around if you just stand there, hell eventually get tired
water gun (super gimping) - really? how often do you see this gimp?
super armor while inside his shell - all of the moves that he withdraws into his shell have alot of startup lag, and most have huge endling lag as well and arent even that powerful
Water Gun can be a wall when not charged (it does damage) - SDI able and punisable on hit, i dont want to deal 3% damage then take a fmash
a lot of auto canceled airials - this doesnt matter, it is actually better to land with aerials as squirtle
Waterfall= a bunch of disjointed multi hit box's - SDI to break out of it and then punish with bascially anything
he can space his airials like Wario can - everyone can

f-tilt= hardly a GTFO move as it only hits on one side, deal few damage and has short range
a very awesome jab lock and can pretty much take you to death if you do get jab locked - jab locks never happen
a good Boost Walk - useless AT

Now look at that and tell me that he belongs in the mid tiers.
I know all about the ins-and-outs of squirtle
He belongs in mid tier

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You greatly overestimate the Ice Climbers and Mario.

Snake, MK, Falco, Diddy and Wario are the best characters in the game and are relatively even with eachother (although they may soft counter one another in some cases.)

Ice Climbers are somewhere around Marth and Dedede. Nana is too easy to get rid of and Ice Climbers suck on counter pick stages unlike Diddy who can get by relatively well even on weird stages. Yes, they have an insane punishment game which is why I think they are just below the top tier, but people honestly just don't know how to deal with them for the most part. They are very beatable.

Mario is low tier. He just doesn't have the tools to put him any higher. He's an extremely limited character.

I think Ness is above Lucas as well.

saviorslegacy

I know all about the ins-and-outs of squirtle
He belongs in mid tier
Hmm, guess I overestimates him.
You greatly overestimate the Ice Climbers and Mario.

Snake, MK, Falco, Diddy and Wario are the best characters in the game and are relatively even with eachother (although they may soft counter one another in some cases.)

Ice Climbers are somewhere around Marth and Dedede. Nana is too easy to get rid of and Ice Climbers suck on counter pick stages unlike Diddy who can get by relatively well even on weird stages. Yes, they have an insane punishment game which is why I think they are just below the top tier, but people honestly just don't know how to deal with them for the most part. They are very beatable.

Mario is low tier. He just doesn't have the tools to put him any higher. He's an extremely limited character.

I think Ness is above Lucas as well.
Now if only Sheik could beat them easily......

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
ah come on, don't be a scrub <,<
Really Saviors? When a player shows someone tripping(lol) then rollng and f-smashing an mk I'm not impressed. Watch the wombo combo, now that's truly impressive. Do you play only brawl?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Really Saviors? When a player shows someone tripping(lol) then rollng and f-smashing an mk I'm not impressed. Watch the wombo combo, now that's truly impressive. Do you play only brawl?
the MK didn't trip though, he used tornado, got predected for it, and got forward smashed.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok i don't know every character well enough to make a tier list but this is what i think s tier will look like in the next list

In this order
1:mk
2:snake
3:diddy

I feel everyone knows whats great about these three so i wont go into detail.

i think f tier will look like
jiggs
falcon
ganondorf
(link will more up to 4th worst so he might still be in the f tier not sure)

these are my predictions i have a slight idea were some other top characters might place tier wise but not in what order. I think this will be the order for s-tier and f-tier in the next list

Captain L

Smash Champion
Despite everybody arguing about the high tiers, I'm just going to give a bit of input on the low tiers.

Ganon is probably below Link IMO, because at least link can play really gay and hope to get some damage from projectiles. Ganon is forced to approach, which is like really hard when you have such slow moves.

Jigglypuff I would argue is above Samus, but I actually don't know Samus all that well so I can't really argue my point. Jiggs' Bairs can get you like 20% out of a short hop if you hit with one, because it can almost always be followed up with another. (At low percents at least). Like I said though, I don't know Samus all that well so she could very well be better than Jigglypuff still. In fact I'm not a Jigglypuff expert either. :p

Granted, you probably know more than me about all of the characters here, with the possible exception of Pikachu. :lick:

Browny

Smash Hater
You

and you

are morons. Considering pierce is willing to read ANYTHING on this forum, despite how worthless a lot of input really is when you think about it, either not returning the courtesy or pussing out because you know you don't actually have a good point to make are just punk, ignorant moves. Keep in mind that I agree fully with the idea that people think too highly of their characters but that's not the point.
hmmm. you seem to know whats up, maybe you can explain.

How does a move with a 25 or so frame start up, which keeps you practically stationary in the air above their head, serve useful to 'escape combos'

I would also like to know the mindgame potential of a move you can easily block on reaction, and still have 13 frames to decide whatever attack you would want to throw out to beat it, since ANY attack will override in priority.

I dont have an issue with character placement, but the reasonings provided for some are rather questionable, to say the least (This should still be a blog)

Toby.

Smash Master
Lol squirtle doesn't have SA when in his shell.

He has SA on fsmash, and invincibility when using withdraw. Thats it.

Its pretty amazing what sort of crazy things people seem to believe pokemon trainer can do.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Some few things with no backing:

Will probably go up: Diddy, Peach, Sheik, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Poke'mon Trainer, Falco,

Will probably go down: Fox, ROB, Wolf, King DDD, Kirby, Lucario, Pikachu

Based on what I've seen in my region and can guess from the community.

gm jack

Smash Lord
I doubt that. He's simple, but he is really good at what he does. I still think low A tier for him, and high B at the lowest. He is much better than pretty much all of the current C and B tiers that aren't likely to go up.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I always have a really hard time trying to place Pikachu into a tier list. People tend to just lump him around G&W and Olimar, but I feel like he's significantly better than either of them, and that those above him are too.

Around DDD and Marth seems somewhat right to me, as I don't think he has as much going for him as Falco or Wario. Though it still doesn't feel quite right to have him there, either.

BLARGH.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Lol squirtle doesn't have SA when in his shell.

He has SA on fsmash, and invincibility when using withdraw. Thats it.

Its pretty amazing what sort of crazy things people seem to believe pokemon trainer can do.
Withdraw hasn't normal invincibility. He doesn't take any damage or knockback from attacks while on it but it instead turns him around and he can still be grabbed.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The nice thing about IC is that they can practically win every match-up, even if it's hard, because of the infinite. 1 grab = instant advantage.

to the guy above, that's called super armor.

Top Bottom