• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
As Daisy is portrayed to be the antithesis of Peach (at least in more recent games), it's almost worth it so you could do Mario/Peach vs. Luigi/Daisy team battles.....

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Oh.ok.its just the way you said that "crap" It just seemed to me like you were lashing out at me..its cool then..but here is my point. Look at game and watch, Ice climbers,Marth and Roy. If Im not mistaken.they were not really known or very important themselfs:

Iceclimbers: I think they only stared in one game. I never even heard of them until melee came out. and so did alot of people.

Mr. Game and watch: was he really needed in the game?.not many people use him and they think he is wierd. They dont even know about the game and watch which was very popular in the 1980's...but some still play with him and think he is fun.

Marth and Roy: what game were they in again? There are alot of Fire Emblems out there for nintendo. Not much known to people but look at how good Marth is and roy....The best smasher in the world uses Marth.

My point is that no matter what background they have or how many games they are in or how big an important a character is in a game, They can still be could enough to be in a game and do well too. Like Daisy. Yes I know you all say that she should not be in brawl.....I get that. Im just trying to make a point about not to put a character in brawl because of these reason. no matter what the case is....the character can still work.all depends in what you do with them.

Ice Climbers were there to represent all those NES classics, they're popular in Japan, one of the most uniqe cgaracters in the game and Sakurai was really proud of what they did with the IC's.

G&W had his own system and tons of games, he helpeed save Nintendo, and people not using him means what?

Marth was the only Fire Emblem character to star in more than one game and was the most popular in Japan at the time, Roy was in to advertise his upcoming game. I'm stil;l yet to hear any good reasons for Daisy.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ice Climbers were there to represent all those NES classics, they're popular in Japan, one of the most uniqe cgaracters in the game and Sakurai was really proud of what they did with the IC's.

G&W had his own system and tons of games, he helpeed save Nintendo, and people not using him means what?

Marth was the only Fire Emblem character to star in more than one game and was the most popular in Japan at the time, Roy was in to advertise his upcoming game. I'm stil;l yet to hear any good reasons for Daisy.
Cant fight with you here.for I dont know much about them.so I guess I fight back . But I yet to hear as well why she should not be in the game. She as every right to be in it. She is nintendo. I see it like this.Mario cast, the Zelda cast,the pokemon cast, Fire emblem.
cast.\,they all play one big role.....the are all nintendo. so i think she has every right to be in brawl just as much as these newcomers that are in the game.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Cant fight with you here.for I dont know much about them.so I guess I fight back . But I yet to hear as well why she should not be in the game. She as every right to be in it. She is nintendo. I see it like this.Mario cast, the Zelda cast,the pokemon cast, Fire emblem.
cast.\,they all play one big role.....the are all nintendo. so i think she has every right to be in brawl just as much as these newcomers that are in the game.
No reason why she shouldn't be in? I already did post a bunch of reasons why she shouldn't be in.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
No reason why she shouldn't be in? I already did post a bunch of reasons why she shouldn't be in.
We'll if those were your reason. then.im sorry,but I dont agree with those reasonthere are other characters just like her who are in brawlI dont think it is fair to banned a character or exclude one for that matter because of your reasons like she is not that important and stuff like that. Thats just not right.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
OK, show me why my reasons are wrong and post some reasons she should be in then.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ok.....lets see how I can prove myself here:

Originally Posted by Iggy K
Not very popular

Response:This is why?.not very popular?. To me this is not fair.she is nintendo,there for as every right as a nintendo character to be in brawl as every other one.This is a cheap shot..and she has been in many games even if she did not play a big role in them. she was in games like:

Mario party 4,5,6,and 7

Mario Golf toadstools tour

Mario Kart double dash

Mario strikers

Mario power tennis

Mario superstar baseball
within these games she is well known as a character and became her own self with different personalities from Peach.

Better choices for Mario characters

My response: like toad? from what I hear he is gonna be in it as a secret character. and if so why?....he might be just like Pichu.then if not forget the toad comment.who esle would be a better choice? Waluigi?..he is just in the same spot as Daisy.the koopa troops?hmm...let the public be the judge of that. bowser minions?.....I dont really think they would make a good choice. Baby bowser?.that would be interesting to see.but the would be of bowser like Pikachu is to pichu. I cant think of anymore.if you know some.then please let me know

She was only brought back to be a partner to Peach(which is not a reason for her to be in, if it were, we'd have Birdo in to)

My response: the same with Waluigi to be with Wario. Partner up and do evil things in the sports games. Dasiy made a great addition to the Mario games that she has been in. And not a bad character at that. birdo just game to gaming with double dash. after she came into mario of the Mario games for the GC. this does not stop her for not being in brawl.she is in alot of games for the GC as it is. wether brought back to team with peach or to be alone, she still has the right to be in brawl. Even if people dont like her.

She isn't an imprtant character

My Response: in Mario land, she was the one who had to be saved by Mario.( and im pretty sure she and to be saved in other games as well.) Waluigi, birdo and dry bones(From Mario Party 7) are not that important. But they are in the Mario sports games. and did very well.she does not have to be the big star to be in a game. just look at the games I listed before. so far she is good in those games. godd characteristics as well

She is exactly like Peach, don't give me crap about how she has a different personality, they have the same height, build, weight etc

My response:I;'ll give you the same hieght thing and the wieght. Read about daisy in her trophy in melee and read about here in the other games for the GC. Daisy and Peach have different hair styles(Peach long,Dasiy long). Different tone of voice....(Peaches voice is alittle highers than Daisy.)
Peach is more calm and happy. Dasiy gets exited and has this ego to be on top.And she is a tomboy. like to fight and want compitition. Daisy has a belly....Peach does not. Dasiy has more meat than Peach.

Her only non-spinoff role was a small role in Super Mario Land

My Response:I think there was a few more games that she was in back in the days...I'll check but for now you got this fight

She's already an alternate costume, that's likely the most she will be

My response: so? look at Mario with the wario suit....and is he not in brawl?. that is a weak reason to keep her out

I have to go now....I'll post why I think she should be in brawl......good reasons as well.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
ok.....lets see how I can prove myself here:

Response:This is why?.not very popular?. To me this is not fair.she is nintendo,there for as every right as a nintendo character to be in brawl as every other one.This is a cheap shot..and she has been in many games even if she did not play a big role in them. she was in games like:

Mario party 4,5,6,and 7

Mario Golf toadstools tour

Mario Kart double dash

Mario strikers

Mario power tennis

Mario superstar baseball
within these games she is well known as a character and became her own self with different personalities from Peach.
Yep, every single game you mentioned are the stupid spinoffs, and if being a Nintendo character means they should be added, then I guess Goomba and Noki should be in.

My response: like toad? from what I hear he is gonna be in it as a secret character. and if so why?....he might be just like Pichu.then if not forget the toad comment.who esle would be a better choice? Waluigi?..he is just in the same spot as Daisy.the koopa troops?hmm...let the public be the judge of that. bowser minions?.....I dont really think they would make a good choice. Baby bowser?.that would be interesting to see.but the would be of bowser like Pikachu is to pichu. I cant think of anymore.if you know some.then please let me know
How do you know Toad would be like Pichu? What do you have to back this up? Every single other character you just listed has a low chance of being in Brawl(except maybe waluigi). Bowser JR, the main villain in a few Mario games, becoming popular, and could have a uniqe moveset using his paintbrush, Geno, who played a much larger role in the non spinoff game he was in than Daisy, and he's also got cult popularity.

My response: the same with Waluigi to be with Wario. Partner up and do evil things in the sports games. Dasiy made a great addition to the Mario games that she has been in. And not a bad character at that. birdo just game to gaming with double dash. after she came into mario of the Mario games for the GC. this does not stop her for not being in brawl.she is in alot of games for the GC as it is. wether brought back to team with peach or to be alone, she still has the right to be in brawl. Even if people dont like her.
I notice that you keep comparing Daisy with other minor Mario characters, like Waluigi and Birdo. All of tham are here just there to be double's partners, and Birdo was brought back in Mario Tennis, like Daisy.

My Response: in Mario land, she was the one who had to be saved by Mario.( and im pretty sure she and to be saved in other games as well.) Waluigi, birdo and dry bones(From Mario Party 7) are not that important. But they are in the Mario sports games. and did very well.she does not have to be the big star to be in a game. just look at the games I listed before. so far she is good in those games. godd characteristics as well
She appeared at the very end of one non spinoff game, said a few lines, if Waluigi, Birdo and Dry Bones aren't that important then neither is Daisy.

My response:I;'ll give you the same hieght thing and the wieght. Read about daisy in her trophy in melee and read about here in the other games for the GC. Daisy and Peach have different hair styles(Peach long,Dasiy long). Different tone of voice....(Peaches voice is alittle highers than Daisy.)
Peach is more calm and happy. Dasiy gets exited and has this ego to be on top.And she is a tomboy. like to fight and want compitition. Daisy has a belly....Peach does not. Dasiy has more meat than Peach.
Having a different hair style and tone of voice makes her uniqe? And where did you get that stuff about their personalities?And even these other things you're mentioning are still pretty minor, Roy and Marth have more differences than this and they're still clones.

My Response:I think there was a few more games that she was in back in the days...I'll check but for now you got this fight
Nope, just Super Mario Land.

My response: so? look at Mario with the wario suit....and is he not in brawl?. that is a weak reason to keep her out
Okay, I admit this might not be a good reason.

I have to go now....I'll post why I think she should be in brawl......good reasons as well.
I'll be waiting for these reasons.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well here are my reasons why I think she has the right to be in brawl.

#1: she is with nintendo(regaurdless of how important or how many games she has been in or the role she played in that one game.)

#2: she came back to gaming with Mario kart doulbe dash.after this.she start in more of Marios games..like his sports games. (again.it does not matter if she playied a big or small role in one game or here background.That is no reason to shut a nintendo character out)

#3 Dasiy and Peach can be like Marth and roy...wether they are slightly different or are clones.....And she is different from Peach which make her different fom her when it comes to traits...( look at the dasiy trophy in melee and read about daisy in some of the sports games for the GC...it will say how they are not exactly the same way....like the way they are.

for this information.i'll look on the net and but who Peach and Dasiy are kinda different.

#4 Peach had a fair trial to be in melee.......Dasiy has it to..she is known now. After you read this iggy and write back a response, I'll give you my final that about this.....because I got a felling you will not agree with me agin.but it is ok.....we all have our opinions......so it is cool...no hard feelings in this disccusion we are having right now

Stryks

Smash Hero
Daisy has proven herself to be quite diferent from peach, Daisy is a tomboy and thus very diferent from peach, tough personalities have little to do in the smash world, she can have moves that have to do with the sports game shes been in, why u ask, like I said shes a tomboy, at first I didnt want her either, but ive changed my mind and so I say DAISY FTW!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Well here are my reasons why I think she has the right to be in brawl.

#1: she is with nintendo(regaurdless of how important or how many games she has been in or the role she played in that one game.)
Once again, if being a Bintendo character means you have a *** chance then Goomba and Link's Uncle have good chances to be in as well.

#2: she came back to gaming with Mario kart doulbe dash.after this.she start in more of Marios games..like his sports games. (again.it does not matter if she playied a big or small role in one game or here background.That is no reason to shut a nintendo character out)
Toadette, Birdo and Petey Piranha keep appearing in sports games, should they be in to? By your logic, Noki's, who had minor roles in Super Mario Sunshine, should be in because they're Nintendo characters.

#3 Dasiy and Peach can be like Marth and roy...wether they are slightly different or are clones.....And she is different from Peach which make her different fom her when it comes to traits...( look at the dasiy trophy in melee and read about daisy in some of the sports games for the GC...it will say how they are not exactly the same way....like the way they are.
If you you want Daisy to be like Marth and Roy then she would be a clone, Pichu has more differences from Pikachu than Daisy does from Peach and it's still clone.

for this information.i'll look on the net and but who Peach and Dasiy are kinda different.

#4 Peach had a fair trial to be in melee.......Dasiy has it to..she is known now. After you read this iggy and write back a response, I'll give you my final that about this.....because I got a felling you will not agree with me agin.but it is ok.....we all have our opinions......so it is cool...no hard feelings in this disccusion we are having right now
Peach had a fair trial because she had massive fan support, was a major Mario character and staple in the series, was playable in non spinoff and she has her own game, Daisy has none of this, and don't worry, there's no hard feelings.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If you you want Daisy to be like Marth and Roy then she would be a clone, Pichu has more differences from Pikachu than Daisy does from Peach and it's still clone.

The only diference from pikachu and Pichu is that pikachu is the evolve form of pichu, pretty much it, they both do electric attacks, there both mouses, there both cute, there pretty similair... Daisy is a tomboy, Peach isnt, Peach has appeared in many other games thus they could think of a moveset easily, however Daisy hasnt appeared that much, since shes a tomboy, why not put her some mario sports moves? and the Mario strikers costume, some moves they will have to think of but shes a good character that deserves being in brawl, true some say thay may be clones, but the thing is there WONT be clones in brawl, and thus they must habe to think of some moves to put her just like fox, and u know how well that guy turned out...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well....I cant make you think she is good in brawl..my reasons dont seem to be good enough. But its cool. I still think she should be in brawl. She could make a great addition to the game.

and I found something about Dasiy. that might have you think other wise. if not then it cool. But I really want her to be in brawl. she is my second favorite nintendo character. She is funny, sporty and has a funny ego. oh well...geuss im done proving my self to you iggy.....you put up one heck of a fight.....good show.........lol

well here is this thing I found about Daisy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Daisy

hope this may explain to you about how Dasiy and Peach are not the same and what role she plays..........as Daisy

Iggy K

Smash Ace
It was a good argument while it lasted Dark.Pch, nice going.
And Woody, don't be a nancy, at least give reasons.

woody72691

Smash Ace
ok srry for wut i said but i thinks its werid u got a hint of wut she will looke like from peach in melee she might do well and may be better than peach

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ok srry for wut i said but i thinks its werid u got a hint of wut she will looke like from peach in melee she might do well and may be better than peach
What would be wrong with that? wether she does better than her or not..she is still good.....I dont think that will hurt........will it?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea.....she will be the first character that I would play with.....and if she would need to be unlocked, then I would choose Peach first..(If she is in there).....which I think she will

PiccoloCube

Smash Rookie
meeeh. same debate as always.

i think Iggy K is just biased against Daisy and that's why he looks for 192649316490270 reasons to not have Daisy in SSBB. he just wants to piss off people.

i advise to ignore him and just wait until the final SSBB roster is revealed.
if Nintendo puts Daisy in SSBB, he can stfu. if Daisy isn't in brawl, we can stfu instead.

good thing i didn't waste my time in the past 15 pages with this pointless debate.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It was just a discussion about Daisy in brawl and what other people think....it is not a waste. that is what threaads are for.Nothing here is point less except if someone is been stupid

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well....for those people who think Dasiy and Peach think they are the same and that Dasiy is not important or did much, hope they read that information I put about Dasiy and see what Dasiy is like..and her History

Orenji

Smash Rookie
My Daisy Move-Set

Clicky Link for nice description of Daisy me and the guys at SuperMarioWiki have been working on.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/286/usedkv9.png
Edited by me :)
Note: Alot of this is still what the thread creator made so don't hurt meh :p
STATS:
Strenght: 4/5
Speed: 3.5/5
Weight: 3/5
Jumping: 2.5/5
Size: 3.5/5
Range: 2.8/5
Slower but stronger then Peach.

MOVESET:
A -Palm Punch - Punches into the foe's chest with a straight forward palm.

AA - Double Palm Punch - Punches foe with palm twice.

Foward Tilt - Kick - Daisy kicks foe

Up Tilt - Flying Kick - Daisy does a flying kick...

Down Tilt - Kick - Daisy gets on the ground and kicks low

Dash Attack - Roundhouse kick - self explanitory

SPECIAL MOVES
B -Floral Fire - Like bowsers holdable b move, Daisy points her palm out and moves it up and down to release daisy petals that give damage just like bowsers fire breath and run out the same way.

B > - Power Bat - Daisy Pulls out a baseball and swings it around (Charagable) does a lot of damage when fully charged

B ^ - Sweet Scent - Daisy pulls out a big daisy which she holds on the stem of to be swept up and to fly about until each of the 6 petals fall off.

B v - Smash Kick - Daisy does a chinese split to kick any foe in front or back of her.

AIR MOVES
neutral Air - Backhand - Daisy Backhands foe infront of her

Foward Air - Punch - Daisy Punches foe infront of her

Back Air - Kick - Daisy Kicks backwards

Down Air - Peep show - Daisy smashs down on foe with both feet to send them to the ground

Up Air - Flying Uppercut - Daisy punches her enemy upwards

SMASHES
Foward Smash - Floral Wind - Daisy charges to eventually spin forward smacking opponent with hands along with daisy petals that appear around her.

Upward Smash - Floral FLip Kick - Daisy charges to do a back flip kick into the ari.

Down Smash - Low Kick - Daisy crouches down and kicks

GRABS & THROWS
Grab - Daisy grabs foe with one hand and attacks them by slapping them hard with the other hand and headbutts you

Foward Throw - Daisy grabs you, turns you around and kicks you in the behind

Down Throw - Daisy zidane headbuts you causing you to fall to the ground on your back.

Up Throw - Daisy Throws you upwards, says "Upsy Daisy" and jumps up to headbut you with her crown to send you up even higher.

OTHER
Taunt - Daisy does a standing spin by keeping one foot in place and the other to work as the pencil on a compass then she clenches her fists and drops her elbows down in the same way someone who just scored in sports would while saying "Yes!!" or/sometimes "Alright!".

Costumes:
Normal - Red Hair, Yellow dress with orange flaps, green jewlery and White gloves
Blue -Rose Blond Hair, Blue Dress with dark Blue flaps, Turquise Jewlery and Pale Blue Gloves
Green - Red Hair, Green Dress with Purple flaps, Orange Jewlery and Pale Purple Gloves
Old -Brown Hair,Yellow Dress with White designs,Blue Jewlery and White Gloves

Kirby Hat - Daisy's Crown and Bangs

Winning Pose 1 - Daisy says "Yes! Alright! Take that!"
Winning Pose 2 - Daisy says "Seriously did you think I was gonna let you win?" while shaking her head with eyes closed and arms plus hands in a confused/vexed motion and a satisfied look to her face.
Winning Pose 3 - Daisy does a peace sign and says "I'll Flower you with Power!"

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I barely noticed something that caught my attention. So Daisy's first look was that of Pale Skin right? Ok so in Melee the alternate costume of Daisy was that of Dark Skin that they made for her in the few Spin Off games she appeared before Melee. Now if a few spin offs and the bonus of her major role in SML2 and her cameo appearance were enough to make her at least an Alt. Costume with her Former Present look, then wouldn't now she have enough to have her own moveset that now she's appeared in tons of games?

Take in mind that both Wario and Daisy were alt. costume for Mario and Peach, something Waluigi did not Manage to get in Melee. Also people tend to think that Daisy will stay as an alt. costume. Nobody knows for sure, but Wario got in didn't he? Sure he's wearing his WarioWare clothes, but that doesn't mean he is not representing his Wario Land series does it? Others say she is not important. So basically Peach is not important, because in the CANON games Peach takes the lead as the Damsel in Distress'. (except Mario: All Stars, which was a dream) She belongs to the Mario Series so her Super Princess Peach game is basically a spin off. I don't know about Mario: RPG because some say it is a spin off and others say it is not.

If Spin Offs did not count, then it is most likely Peach will keep her old moveset. If Mario RPG is truly a Spin Off then Geno and Mallow's chances get cute off. Also some people say the Mario RPG games should get represented, shouldn't the Parties and the Mario Karts, and Sports get represented as well? The Mario series should not be divided into groups. The only exceptions are Yoshi and Wario which grew up to their own series. Peach is pretty much stuck with Mario as so are the rest. Luigi's game is also a Mario Spin off since Luigi still belongs to Mario.

I believe the role of Damsels in Distress' are being underestimated, underrated and unappreciated. They are pretty much the main reason why the whole game exists. Sure all they do is scream help and cry and kiss you in the end, but that is more than being a color swap of clothes (Which Luigi was in the beginning). They can all grow up to higher levels. and I believe Daisy has grown quite well, she could have been left in the darkness but Nintendo has a purpose for her and showed it in Melee (before she grew even more into spin offs). I also believe Spin Offs are being underestimted, as if they have never done anything for the Mario Universe. Which they have recruited Fans, money, supporters and popularity as well.

I am hoping to see Daisy in Brawl, and if she does appear then that would be heck of fun. If she doesn't Im sure Nintendo won't forget about her.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
daisy is a horrible idea. the only mario character thatr should be added is Geno... Daisy should just be an alternate costume for Peach. Daisy doesn't deserve or fit in the spotlight...

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
Well I don't know what you consoder deserving but daisy is definantly a good character for brawl. I would want her in more than geno any day simply because of all the games shes been in to show off her personality. Oh she's the smae as peach? No she isn't because she is a tomboy that gets in your face is more aggresive than peach herself.

Also sakurai even said she wasn't the same as peach because he has made a trophy of her with a small description of what daisy personality is like and a small description of the platformer she was in. Plus since when has spinoffs lost it's worth? Last time I checked they have done a lot to help the mario franchise. The fact that nintendo is keeping her around is proof enough that daisy is not worthless. Plus the people who call her worthless are mostly from a gamers point of view but the developers have never seem angry with daisy

Geno was an obscure character back in the past and would make a good character to show part of nintendos history but in my opinion daisy would be the better choice because she has done a lot to make a name for herself and this might be her chance to get some good reconigtion

y3nia659

Smash Ace
daisy is a horrible idea. the only mario character thatr should be added is Geno... Daisy should just be an alternate costume for Peach. Daisy doesn't deserve or fit in the spotlight...
I think Geno is a horrible idea. Does that mean he won't be in? No, he is a very popular character among Nintendo gamers (I think) and he's only appeared in one game. Daisy does deserve the spotlight, she grew quite well in the spin offs and has gotten quite a lot of recognition. Saying someone should or should not be in a game should be supported by facts, saying you want her to or not to be in Brawl is another thing. ;)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Daisy is a tomboy. I love tomboys; therefore, I support Daisy making an appearance in Brawl. I don't really mind if she's just one of Peach's costumes like last time or if she takes up a character slot and she finally gets her own moveset. I have deemed her worthy.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
I guess that Daisy's moves would be the same as peach with a little tweak so She isn't a clone like Sakurai wanted.

But I prefer to see her as an alternative custom for Peach (like SSBM)

Putting Daisy in, means that even the ghost have chances, a poll could show that.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Ghosts are generic enemies. where as Daisy is an inndividual character so i doubt we will be seeing boo or king boo in brawl. I am not a Daisy fan. never was. but that doesnt mean she shouldnt be in brawl. when Daisy first was revived from the past she and Peach were almost identical. im guessing that's due to the fact that they didnt know what direction to go with her. so in Mario tennis her and Peach were similar.

as the Mario series progressed they gave her a personality to make her different than Peach. just like Luigi. i cant say Waluigi and Wario's personality is different. but i can say that for Luigi and Daisy though. Luigi is is a little scaredy cat lol. and Daisy who is more tomboyish than Peach.

they even changed her look. me personally i prefered her tan skin alot more because that really differentiated her from Peach. they cut her hair shorter and she's a little bit bigger than Peach also now. i think the look and the personality alone is what makes a character not a clone. Pikachu and Pichu were pretty much had the same look wise and they were both playing the cutesy pokemon role.

Daisy's chances are good for brawl i think. her moveset could be made up just like everyone else and she could punch and kick instead of slapping. another example look at tekken. Nina and Anna williams are sisters and were trained to fight similarly so they had similar moves. playing Tekken 5 however they fight different. and that's a more realistic fighting game than SSB. unlike Tekken Sakurai isnt restricted on what he could do with Daisy moveset wise. he can give her made up moves or moves from the spin offs she's been in. so her being exactly like Peach is ridiculous to say.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
If Daisy is included as a clone, then will she still pull turnips like Peach? She wasn't in SM2. Then again, maybe she could, just with different rare items. eg, a fire flower, homerun bat, and fan rather than bob-omb, beam sword, and Mr. Saturn.
Why.....there arent gonna be any clones explain urself

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Thank you Konuk for stating that. I mean Sakurai said there will be no clones. Falco, Ganondorf and others were clones but if/when they return to SSBB they will have different movesets.

I love Princess Daisy (my type of gal) and I am pro for Princess Daisy in Brawl. Once again, Peach and Daisy aren't clones. Sure they are alike in the fact that they are princesses and wear dresses and are all royal and stuff but they are still different in physical and persona traits. Twins are similar but still have there differences, strengths and weaknesses (not that I am saying Peach and Daisy are twins). If you say that she hasn't done anything defining to be in Brawl well the characters that made the cut into Melee were also in the same aspect. No one heard of Marth, Roy and G&W was all forgotten and who saw Dr. Mario comin' to Melee? For Brawl, a character like Pit that hasn't done much since his NES days was put in Brawl. I would say Princess Daisy has pretty high status and I would be happy to see her in Brawl. ^_^ I am sure she has done enough in her career to base some moves off of. Even if she hasn't then Nintendo will make some new moves. I mean some characters have moves that weren't seen prior to SSBM. Captain Falcon has moves that I never seen him do in a F-Zero game but then again I only played the recent one and I am not sure if he has done those moves in other games. I sure hope Nintendo will give Peach a character to go with her like Mario to Luigi, and Fox to Falco.

Princess Daisy for Brawl!
Shes been my favorite Nintendo character for a long time next to Kirby! If anything if she were in Brawl she would be one of my mains. ^_^

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Konuk for stating that. I mean Sakurai said there will be no clones.l
When and where did Sakurai state this? I was paying a lot of attention to all the people translating Sakurai's texts and I really never once saw ANY mention of Sakurai's feelings on clones come up. It was only other n00bs who didn't speak Japanese who started randomly bringing it up without citing sources and now everyone seems to accept it as fact.

Top Bottom