• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Kid Goku (FIRST BETA RELEASED!)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Awesome thnx alot mastaklo.

Time to test this out and try out that beta tails moveset!

ds22

Smash Lord
Speculation: The AI tells it to walk away if it is standing and is near a blast zone, and this walking away has higher priority then any other action it can take. For instance, if you go to Bridge of Eldin and corner a cpu off to the side, you can just keep hitting it back as long as it stays on the ground and it will never do anything but walk back towards you, no matter what level it is. I'm assuming that the blast zone is a horizontal line under the stage, so when it's standing on it, it always thinks it's close to the blast zone, and should walk away. I could be wrong, but this seems a logical explanation. It would also explain why mastaklo's works, because he doesn't have the blast zone on the level of the grass.
I found proof that this quote is in fact the explanation of the AI problem.
http://www.mediafire.com/?x3jzzmhlzhe

By using BrawlBox in conjunction with BrawlWall (thanks Dantarion) I moved the lower Blastline (Dead1N) from -19,5 to -31 as Y value in the translation.
The CPU (AI) didn't went crazy and I was able to retain the principle of touching the grass giving an instant kill.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice

By using BrawlBox in conjunction with BrawlWall (thanks Dantarion) I moved the lower Blastline (Dead1N) from -19,5 to -31 as Y value in the translation.
The CPU (AI) didn't went crazy and I was able to retain the principle of touching the grass giving an instant kill.
what stage does it go over?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ohh, ok, I was about to post saying that the grass isnt a insta kill... interseting, the way AI's behave, isnt it? :p

ds22

Smash Lord
Ohh, ok, I was about to post saying that the grass isnt a insta kill... interseting, the way AI's behave, isnt it? :p
It is weird.
The AI is probably programmed to get away from the blastline and freaks out when the lower blastline is to close.
And yes, the grass is indeed instant kill.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Oh, so it was the blast zones, then. :x

While I'll still use my version for fights against my brothers, I'll link to this one in the video description for the preview of that stage.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
ah ok I have no knowledge on stage hacking so I didn't know that... thanks

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
That's the same stage only without the Instant kill grass in it.
Renaming mine to STGPIRATE.PAC and using his st_pirate.rel should be enough.
where does the .rel file go?
does it go in the same stage folder?

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
i made the previews of the stage in the ssc

alos i made a alternate outfit for goku

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
O.O
mastaklo you seriously rock! now send me those files lol
I edited my post before yours with a victory theme btw

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I've done my own version of the stage too

I don't like the grass-death thingy, so I've just made the grass to be a simple floor in my version

This version works as WWR and as FD, no rel's needed

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nhon10nnmnm
Works over the WWR, you say? I'm gonna try that out. Are the stars finally gone? I guess that would mean that the only thing that needs fixed is the lack of shadows, which I'm going to look into later on today.

And those icons look good, mastaklo. If there ever comes a miracle code where you can add new stage icons for the nine custom stage slots, I'll be using those. :)

(EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean about the dual stage compatibility. Neat. When put on the WWR, there's no stars, which is great. Although I noticed another glitch in the stage.

Any way to make Patulena show up smaller? And... not halfway in the ground like that? D: )

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It seems that this is because of the module, just as the stars in the final destination

Wifi Waiting Room doesn't allow Palutena to appear, as there are no Smash Balls when you are waiting for Wifi, so no "spawn data" is made for her in this module. Then, it happens to be on the middle of the stage if you use it (default position: 0,0,0)

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
i removed the shading of the texture and now it looks much better

here is another alternat costume

and new animations

also i made csp and icons for him

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Now I'm imagining a Dragonball GT color swap.

I also thought of some specials

Neutral B: takes a while to charge. no charge is a weak energy ball. but fully charged makes a Kamehameha wave.

Neutral B air: shoots energy ball or Kamehameha wave diagonally

side B: Does a combo with his staff. It could be chargable for a larger amount of hits and quicker movement.

Side B air: he dashes with an aerial kick

up B: He should propel himself with either his tail, or his staff.Otherwise, he could rocket himsself with Kamehameha.

down B: A counter attack like Naruto. He teleports behind the opponent and kicks him.

Unfortunately, some of my dreams won't be accomplish due to Luigi's limitations. But they may be passed since Fortwaffles is assisting.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about making his side b similar to marth's but instead of the staff, it would be his rock-paper-scissors attack, and you can, like marth, start with forward b (rock) then you can go rock again, or down b (paper) or up b (scissors) and the last attack would be a finisher (once again you can chose rock papaer or scissors)

good idea or not?

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm thinking about making his side b similar to marth's but instead of the staff, it would be his rock-paper-scissors attack, and you can, like marth, start with forward b (rock) then you can go rock again, or down b (paper) or up b (scissors) and the last attack would be a finisher (once again you can chose rock papaer or scissors)

good idea or not?
I like the idea of it. Out of curiosity, to what extent do you plan to have the Power Pole incorporated into the moveset?

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
guys if we can take models,stages and animations from other games,then cant we take effects from other games?
If so couldnt we take goku's Kamehameha from the game?

bsltiger

Smash Cadet

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
bsltiger, thats the so called oozaru punch people are talking about... we might make it his final smash or not... we aren't sure yet... and for up b just the blast throwing him up like that gives him a lot of pressure to hit whoever is over him... kinda like diddy's up b...

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
bsltiger, thats the so called oozaru punch people are talking about... we might make it his final smash or not... we aren't sure yet... and for up b just the blast throwing him up like that gives him a lot of pressure to hit whoever is over him... kinda like diddy's up b...
so his final smash might not be oozaru? :(

cant wait for it to be finished.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOO!!!! That must be his final smash!!! You should have seen my face when I saw a great ape on corneria and in pokemon stadium! Also, Im kinda worried about psa though. Are you limited? or can you import effects too? Does this mean no kamehameha lol jk.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Wario should be replaCED INSTEAD OF LUIGI! sorry caps.

Wario has a final form and his own victory music and icon. Why not use him instead of Luigi?

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Wario should be replaCED INSTEAD OF LUIGI! sorry caps.

Wario has a final form and his own victory music and icon. Why not use him instead of Luigi?
Personally I really found wario a more important character then luigi in this game

Top Bottom