• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Good luck in college. WE NEED A BETA! =P

Also, I can help with PSA to a certain extent. Me and a partner of mine are actually making our own fully new character (Isaac), and I'm the PSA person for that right now. If I can finish up Isaac soon, I can help with PSA for Klonoa.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone made a 64x64 MenSelchrMark for Klonoa? I want to use it for the Sun Palace stage.
I do believe that Ronald made one a little while ago. Try sending him a PM about it, as I do recall it was a pretty well done Huepow.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. Also, I am almost done making a Klonoa Kirby Hat.
EDIT: It is done. I also sent it to FrostyMM . Can I upload the hat to the brawlvault or should I wait and let it get released with the Klonoa Beta?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well..... Klonoa's been getting almost NO updates... AT ALL... And my laptop is still nowhere near fixed though I just recently got my last paycheck from work, and I could quite possibly use it to fix the **** thing.... And we've been getting no posts here either so I figured I'd at least give you guys SOMETHING reguarding the progress on klonoa. His over-B is being changed to have more motion on the ground (All I'm really going to do is tweak the animation and make the second slash spin around. But the real change will be in the air (He didn't actually have an animation for the air Over-B.). He's going to do a blade tempest similiar to Lloyd Irvings from tales of symphonia and it will be able to be used as a secondary recovery.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i know you're new here and excited for this project, but have some patience! these things take a lot of time to do, especially when most/all of us have real life to deal with. it's not just going to get done overnight, otherwise it would have been done months ago.

and there is such a thing as an edit button. use it instead of quad posting.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shock I hear you have started on sound effects. Could I help and could you send me what you've got so far? (I am part of Project Klonoa in case you forgot I'm not just some random guy)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay everybody, I've finally made the new SpecialS. Though it isn't finalized quite yet and I need to ask Starwaffles opinion on it before I replace the old one, I hope you all like it. If you see anything in it that needs a bit of tweaking just say so and I'll probably fix it.

Note: I fixed the pant-leg in frames 9-14, I just didn't decide to make a new .Gif file.

My fast-food industry essay didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would so.... Here's the SpecialAirS. Which will be similar to the tempest moves from tales of symphonia, using Klonoa's windsword and acting as an alternate recovery. It won't put him into freefall but instead just have him spinning out of control to his death if he happens to miss the ledge.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
They don't look so good in game though... I think all we need to do is fix the PSA for each move but without someone to do PSA I really don't know what to change....

Okay well in-game it definitely looked really bad. And without someone who does PSA to tell me exactly what they can do with it, I didn't really see it getting too far. So I changed it to simply arch and stop at about 66 notches over where it would hopefully go into a freefall. But I seem to be having some issues.... For some reason no matter what I do klonoa always teleports back to where he started the animation afterward. Normally moving the TransN bone to where he is going to be at the end of the animation fixes this... But for some reason it won't work. I'm thinking it has something to do with Lucas' pikafire push effect in the PSA, making it so that the only thing this attack is supposed to move is the character a slight amount in the opposite direction he uses the attack. Preventing me from trying to tell it that Klonoa is supposed to go somewhere else.... But that's just a guess.... And a poorly worded guess at that....

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I recommend trying this to animate http://brawltools.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox v0.64 Preview.zip
Also I am trying the screwattack animations and after that the Item Swing animations. I might try swim after that. I know that these animations aren't that useful but everything has to get done eventually so I'm just trying now. Is there anything else you guys want me to take a shot at animating? I think I'm going to go to all of the animations where his eyes SHOULD close and animate them to close. We should definatly take advantage of the fact Klonoa can actually close his eyes unlike most imported characters.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Yeah we need someone to help us PSA, he keeps snaping back because for Lucas's Side b He isn't being tracked by his TransN.... like ummmmm how do i explain this. When he walks the game tracks where he is by his transN, and thats why in brawlbox he is actually moving, but if you try moving him in an animation that isnt already moving in brawlbox he is going to snap back.... we need to fix this for his downthrowair and sidethrowair aswell... but i have no clue how =[

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
in the action for those attacks, click the flags button and check 'moves character'. if i remember correctly, that's all you need to do to make it follow the TransN for movement. i don't know too much about PSA, but i remember having to figure this one out before.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
in the action for those attacks, click the flags button and check 'moves character'. if i remember correctly, that's all you need to do to make it follow the TransN for movement. i don't know too much about PSA, but i remember having to figure this one out before.
Okay I tried that for SpecialAirS but it didn't work, I think it may have something to do with all the main tab saying goto 0x00017848. I couldn't find any other subaction with that routine so I didn't do anything else... I don't know too much about PSA. Thanks for trying though T.T

with the new brawl box cant u guys do the damage animations and release a beta
Nope, when trying to edit Klonoa's movements with the new method in brawlbox, he stretches all over the place and some vertices just don't move along with their bones. Not sure if the same happens in-game but it's not like I can work like that anyway O.o

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oh, it's a special you need it with. in the Sub Actions tab way at the bottom of the list (usually around 1CE and lower), there are spots for the specials. go to 1D7 (i'm actually looking at PSA this time instead of going from memory, and i have the FitLucas.pac loaded), and click the button that says Animation Flags. check the box that says Moves Character, and that should then make him move during the animation. you can't do this with the Specials tab.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
oh, it's a special you need it with. in the Sub Actions tab way at the bottom of the list (usually around 1CE and lower), there are spots for the specials. go to 1D7 (i'm actually looking at PSA this time instead of going from memory, and i have the FitLucas.pac loaded), and click the button that says Animation Flags. check the box that says Moves Character, and that should then make him move during the animation. you can't do this with the Specials tab.
You seem to misunderstand O.o that IS what I did. Like you know where the drop box is that let's you choose main/gfx/sfx/other. THAT was on main but yeah I was on 1D7 when I tried this.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
did you click the button next to the drop box that says Animation Flags?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Yessir yes I did indeed click that along with the moves character box. (Can't just say yes in post.... wts....)

Also in other news, I just got the Okay from Shock that if we can find someone to do PSA and fix up the latest attacks, we can release a beta whooooooooooooo~ ^^

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Awesome. With that epic-looking moveset you got going, I look forward to trying out that beta. ^_^

Cool animations, so far. Kudos to the animator(s)!

Top Bottom