• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think it was suggested a few times in the idea thread that she could be given a blast USmash similar to the appearance of Zelda's UAir. I don't want to get off track here, but wanted to throw that out there.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
That was an idea I really liked. Samus had a hard time killing vertically anyways, that would be the perfect way to give her a chance to do so and improve one of her moves at the same time. Of course it would still be only one move, so the mass majority of her kills would still be off the sides and bottom.
In the same thread we've also been discussing allowing her bombs to cancel her grounded normals into a bomb jump. That's another one I've really liked. PMBR should put that through playtesting tbh. That by itself might be good enough to balance her out, considering she doesn't need much in the way of changes.

metroid1117

Smash Master
You know how many tournaments in states like Iowa have been busted by the cops for illegal gambling? Goose egg. Now stop being a *****.
Wow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kink, I don't know how old you are, but if you're at college then it shouldn't be a huge a problem. Northwestern has similar anti-gambling laws, but a group of friends and I still hosted a small tournament that had buy-ins and cash prizes. As long as you don't advertise it in public where any authorities would be likely to see it, you should be set. Juggleguy once said that similar anti-gambling laws are in place at Michigan State University and University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, but that hasn't stopped him and his group. Because the anti-gambling law only outlawed cash prizes, an alternative that we could've done was collect the entry fees, buy gift cards or some sort of store credit that matched the proper splits for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and then give the winners the appropriate prize.

If you're not in college, then it's harder because venues aren't as easy to come by and you have fewer people to reach out to. However, getting a venue shouldn't be terribly difficult and if you're worried about monetary prizes, you can try the store credit alternative.

Before all of this, I would try posting in the Midwest Forums and see if there's anyone else in IA who would have interest in an IA tournament.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
she kinda wasn't a ground character in 64, what with having so few viable ground moves and no cc

:phone:
Most movement in general in SSB is more around the air than on the ground although you're not technically wrong either: her ground game is pretty weak.

I'd say give her 64 Bair and FSmash and she'll easily jump to **** tier on Bair alone.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Wow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kink, I don't know how old you are, but if you're at college then it shouldn't be a huge a problem. Northwestern has similar anti-gambling laws, but a group of friends and I still hosted a small tournament that had buy-ins and cash prizes. As long as you don't advertise it in public where any authorities would be likely to see it, you should be set. Juggleguy once said that similar anti-gambling laws are in place at Michigan State University and University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, but that hasn't stopped him and his group. Because the anti-gambling law only outlawed cash prizes, an alternative that we could've done was collect the entry fees, buy gift cards or some sort of store credit that matched the proper splits for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and then give the winners the appropriate prize.

If you're not in college, then it's harder because venues aren't as easy to come by and you have fewer people to reach out to. However, getting a venue shouldn't be terribly difficult and if you're worried about monetary prizes, you can try the store credit alternative.

Before all of this, I would try posting in the Midwest Forums and see if there's anyone else in IA who would have interest in an IA tournament.
i don't even think kink plays the game with people.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
tbh, i'm getting sick of Smasville.

It's gotten to the point where I instinctively select smashville despite having it off random.

cursor just glides over on its own. lol

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You know, with good photoshopping skills, you could probably make a gif of that bear doing 64 Samus' Bair. Because that's about what the startup looks like.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That was something I was interested in trying myself (I'm pretty sure one of her victory taunts ends with her "hand on hip" pose) and I completely forgot to suggest that.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
A while back I suggested a taunt in which Ike would stick out his sword (which glows blue) that could be canceled into Aether. It'd make sense to people who've played Ike's Fire Emblem game. I guess Ike's current taunts are already too well-liked though...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjNYsPV-4Qc&feature=g-u-u

This popped up in my sub box today. It appears that they used some of elements of Project M, that or copied them very very closely. Notably the DK, Wario and Ganondorf sections of the video really show that. Is this known or no?
I don't know what this is, but a bunch of those things (a lot of them actually) look like they were straight up ripped from Project M files.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't think it's an official Minus test, but a lot of stuff looks blatantly taken out of Project M for sure.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom