• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QLD DORF Clan: R.I.P. DORF OFF

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
4 set ups.
1 normally guitar hero of sort. 2 guitars 1 drum.

1 xbox360 fps normally MW2

1 wii depending on the day it changes, wii bowling, smash bros, whateva the staff decided. wii remotes.. yeah no gc option at all i think.

1 xbox360 fighter ionno sf4 =P

1 xbox360 doing stuff. like "raskulls" the original brisbane game thats like mario party / marty kart / bomber man/ race thing. that was a cool game.
http://www.manabar.com.au/events_27-03-2010.php

a bar.

a door.

a sercurity guard cosplaying as snake. brought his own box.

very tight spacing tho.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
well apart from the snake bouncer, sounds pretty fail. Id rather buy a carton and play games I like all night with a few mates.. might be worth a look though

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yer dorf off r much cooler. but mana bar is a good idea.. its just 2 crowded. also u cant pick the games.
but yeah its free.. so thats better than arcade in some respect.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
yeah I guess so, when Im out I usually just go to the vic or gilhooleys then stagger to timezone, put $40 on my powercard and waste it all playing drunk sf4 by contsantly losing to sober asian players haha so it does have an advantage in that respect. Next time I'm out I'll give it a go, see how it rates from the drinking side of things.

That aside, we still need a venue for next DORF OFF

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Sometime in May for next Dorf Off would work well.

Just gotta work out a date for next HotCats and then give it good distancing.
Venue is pretty sorted.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
We should host it in between PMS next weekend and the next HotCats whenever that is, I was thinking weekend of may 1st since it's a long weekend.. but a fair few smashers are going to animania on the saturday, so I don't know how many would still be keen to come to DORF OFF on either the sunday or monday. We should hold the next tournament solely in Bob's dungeon and play the final/s on Ganondorf.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Dorfs, or maybe mods.
Need to post those posts from the main QLD thread to hear about the Dorf nemisis list and other funny stuff.
:)

Yeah, Dorf Off in the dungeon sounds good!
midday-LATE, should involve sports in the late afternoon (not the boiling hot day) followed by BBQ and include doubles and singles for both games and Ganon Challenge.
Crew Battles as rediculious as it sounds?

We'll work out the date this weekend after PMS!

GET PUMPED!
WIZARDS!

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Sunday is no good there a free SF tourney at the BS Gametraders.
DORF OFF > BS SF

And If we do have it on the sunday you'd probably only miss doubles anyway, as we'd be starting mid-afternoon and GT shuts at 4.00

@bob all sounds good you big wizard

@arrow seadorf is a gigantic pirate, what do you expect? However I'm hoping that him and ranga arent trashed before the tournament starts this time.. tactics become even more ruthless in MP than they ever do in smash

@sea I ban TED platinums and counter pick non-alcoholic beverages until we win doubles

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
No promises oldman, i honestly couldn't give a flying fwuck about tournament results, i just want to have fun. Dorf-offs are a billion times better when you're intoxicated. When you're drinking, you play aggressively (the way ganondorf should be played). No time to prance around the stage, shield or adjust your skirt. Makes you more sensitive to dying as well. Getting killed by another ganondorf just invokes insatiable rage. I just want to tear someone's face off.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
losing to ranga and a cpu because youre ****ing blind isnt fun you dozey ****, there'll be plenty of time to get smashed.. especially when you're drinking platinums, only takes you about an hour to be screaming and threatening to deck me LOL

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
And calling your mum "pretty hot aye" :laugh:

Ahh, Ok do people wanna have a $5-$10- entry fee, half into BBQFood/Beer and Half into prize money?
We would spend a good amount on food id say.
And oldman is already our masterBBQchef.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Dan, please don't talk about anything like that on here.
:/

Toki, our meets have always been open to anyone who thinks it would be a good opportunity to play smash. At the end of the day, if your parents let you go there's no issue to be had.

Now, to put epic textures on my Pirate Ship stage and Epic music too.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
And calling your mum "pretty hot aye" :laugh:

Ahh, Ok do people wanna have a $5-$10- entry fee, half into BBQFood/Beer and Half into prize money?
We would spend a good amount on food id say.
And oldman is already our masterBBQchef.
The only problem with that is.. from past experiences, not many people are big drinkers.. except for us DORF's, so nobody will want to chip in for beer that we're just going to smash ourselves. I think we should just make it BYO, I'm prepared to put up a free sausage sizzle for the BBQ like sea did last time (so long as people don't complain about the lack of food when it's FREE). It was hard enough getting people to cough up tournament fees last time.

@toki Hillcrest is in bris, near browns plains.. it's not that far from the GC and some other GC people will be coming, so you're more than welcome to come.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll put up money for drinks and food. $5 towards drink and like $20 towards a bottle of something (Probably the usual JD or something).

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Dan, please don't talk about anything like that on here.
:/
Yeh I shouldn't of mentioned the underage drinking part. I highly discourage anyone under 18 drinking.

But yeh i do stand by the anything goes bit. Ganondorf tournaments aren't your typical tournaments vyse and they aren't really official or by any means serious with regards to your rules. As long as bob's house is respected, then everything is fineeee.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I know it's nothing to do with tournament standard rules.

I'm more talking about the rules on smashboards and being a Super Mod means I have to curb the talk on illegal activities :p

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Awesome, if Kaion gives me a lift i could go :p
If not, then not sure if i could attend lol
Check with kaion at PMS this saturday if you're coming, if not Vyse, Testi and Amaterasu (if he comes to defend his title) are all from GC so you could probably find a way up with them.

I'm sticking with BYO for drinks, if you want to drink (it is more than welcomed) then bring your booze and if you don't that's fine you can hold onto your money. If people want to split bottles of spirits or cartons of beer they can anyway. If everyone is keen on BBQ I'll considering rounding up some money (or Bob can) and buying a ****load of meat and grilling it up for an epic feast.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AC3uM4wF1bw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AC3uM4wF1bw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
hahaha.. such good memories, such terrible ganon play.. I think it was obvious that we weren't with it due to the fact it took us 20sec+ to select a stage.. and then when we did.. JAPES, wtf.. gift 4 stocks right there. Then when we let chris choose a stage he picked frigate in a nanosecond haha and ranga wasn't even playing because he was wizard hurling in sea's bedroom :laugh:

GANON CHALLENGE will be much harder next time around. It will be an achievement taking a stock.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
bowser challenge is superior.
Wow such a useful and informative post! wow! i mean geez! woah!

May the 8th has to run by me and James first....
Will decide by the end of this weekend but.

Some house rules in advance:
-Dont be a ****!
-Clean up after yourself! This means if you go to get a drink put the one you just finished away, your going near the bin if your going near the fridge so NO EXCUSE!
-Dont be SUPER loud, there ARE neighbours, and i dont want to have to remind people.
-Thats about it. :)

We should have Ganon Challenge at Tempest, best interstate players can get to feel the power themselves.. :chuckle:

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
bob I'd thought you'd know by now that all of zac's posts are useful and informative. Clearly it was necessary for us all to know that he thinks the bowser challenge is superior to the ganon challenge, because his opinion on everything is treasured by everyone.

In the tourney details I did say that the date was subject to change until this weekend, I know it's completely up to the disgression of yourself and james.

When the tournament does happen I'd expect everyone to respect bob's house and follow the few simple rules he's laid down. Its not hard! Looking forward to this tournament.

Yokai

Smash Ace
My 2c, for what its worth. I love having everyone over, even though im up **** creek at the moment with a buttload of uni work, its nice to have a break. The rules bobs laid out are basically all there is, its really that simple. But if people decide to endulge in alcoholic beverages, Its called the Wizard rule. You drink one, you buy one. just makes it easier for everyone in terms of not having all their beer destroyed.

In other news, I really want to find a windwaker ganon plushi :( so far none as yet, but imconvinced they exist.

Oh and one more thing.

pirate = tetra
tetra = zelda
zelda = shiek
shiek = ninja
pirate = ninja. Good day sirs.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I really want to find a windwaker ganon plushi :(
I found an OoT ganon plush on ebay... for $200 + $30 p/h from america T______T Im displeased with the amount of ganon merch available.

if its BYO that means bring and drink your own drinks or face being banished to the gap between dimensions.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Once again, I would like an approximation in numbers of who is definitely attending. This will just give me a better idea of how much meat to buy for the barby this time. We're going to have a **** load of meat this time so everyone will have a decent feed.

Refer to the front page for the schedule. Are any of the melee only guys interested in coming to this? Melee ganondorf tournament is happening no matter what but it would be really cool if guys like kas/zac/ben/rob/dif etc come to show off their melee ganons.

Top Bottom