• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resist the New World Order 3: Cancelled

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Sorry guys I couldn't find a venue in the Montgomery area that could fit my budget.
This is important, I want to have a good melee turnout also. IF you plan on playing Melee please let me know when you post so i can put what game beside your name on the interest/confirmed list. I don't want any just melee players wasting there gas and time coming to a 50 man brawl tourney with just 3 other melee player there. O' if you interested or if your defintely coming let me know on your post too. Thanks guys

EDIT: I HOPE THIS WILL BE THE LAST DATE CHANGE!!!!

Where the resistance is going down:

Micro Inn & Suites
29050 US highway 98
Daphne, AL 36526

Venue Fee
$5 door fee
$10 for melee singles
$10 for brawl singles
$20 for teams($10 per person)
Crews are free (depending on everyone else)

Project M
$5 for singles
$10 for teams ($5 per person)

Pot split
1st place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd place 10%

If this thing gets big enough, the pot split between 1st-5th place

9:30am: doors open
10:30am Sign ups
11:00am: Project M teams (side tourney)
12:00pm: Project M singles
1:00pm: Melee doubles(if we are able to do them at the same time)
2:00pm: Melee Singles
Lunch break
4:00pm: Brawl Doubles
5:30pm: Brawl Singles
7:00pm Crew Battles

The more set-ups the more smoothly the tourney will go. If anybody have powersrtips please don't hesitate to bring them.

confirmed list:
Alabama:
Aloha
Rag(melee)
Ryker(melee)
Shaslam
Reflex
Zombiefestus(melee)
Taylor(melee)
Mikey(melee)
BJ(melee)
Hotwings

Louisana:
Blaise(melee)
Curlz
Oathkeeper
Smjagger

Florida:
Drumma boi(melee)
Rice(melee)
Skaterbaj(melee)
manko(melee)
ThaSaintkai
Zone(melee) + 3
Ruse

Interest:
Mew2king!!!(high interest)
B awal
Cam
-Chad-

Set-ups

Manko
Ragnarock
Ryker
Reflex

Here's The Rules

Melee Rule set:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Ban: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Melee Stage list

Neutrals:
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Brawl Ruleset:

•3 Stock
•8 Minute Time Limit
•Items are set to "off" and "none"
•All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
•In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
•No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
•If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
•Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
•Standing Infinite is BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness/Lucas grab-release, etc
•The Ice climber infinite are LEGAL up to 250%
•Suicide moves always go to the player who suicides to take the opponent's last stock.
•LEDGE GRAB RULE = 35

Stage Striking:
1. Stage Strikes go 1 pick 2 pick 1 pick
2. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Brawl Stage list

Neutrals:
•Battlefield
•Final Destination
•Smashville
•Yoshi's Island
•Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:
•Delfino Plaza
•Castle Siege
•Frigate Orpheon
•Battleship Halberd
•Rainbow Cruise
•Brinstar
•Pokemon Stadium 1

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
•Life Stealing is allowed
•Team attack will be set to ON
•In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
•Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Project M Rules

Rules:
* 4 stock, 8 minutes. In the (very unlikely) case that we are hard pressed for time and don't have enough setups, early bracket matches may be switched to 3 stock, 6 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick a stage he has won on during the set.
* One stage ban per player per set.
* Stage strike for the first match of a set, the order of striking determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. Players will strike stages in this order (assuming 7 starter stages): 1 2 2 1 1 2.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that you steal lives by pressing Attack+Special, not Pause.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Handicap set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* If you do not come for your match in a reasonable amount of time, unless you are playing a Melee/Brawl tournament match, you may be DQed.

Stagelist:
Starters:
Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:
Wario Ware (singles only)
Metal Cavern (singles only)
SSE Jungle (doubles only)
Temple:M (doubles only)
Yoshi's Island: Brawl
Rumble Falls+
Halberd
Brinstar (Im still debating about this one)

These are Pound rules

Zone

Smash Champion
Yes.... Convert to the melee side skater it whispers to you when you sleep at night

ragnarock

Smash Lord
My sister still isnt able to find a venue. If she doesn't find one by the end of the month. I may end up bringing this one back to daphne, al.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You know I'll be there.

Games: Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Teams, Project M Demo

Set ups: 6 or 7 TVs, 2 Wiis + Brawls, 2 Cubes + Melees, 1 Camcorder

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Kola i wanna MM your marth at this..Your pika to cam..maybee. d3 pika is wierd.
Wait, what? I've read this several different ways, and I know that you said something to do with pika and cam, but I can't decipher what you mean. If you are offering to MM, I don't do money matches. I do intense friendlies and tournament matches.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
I vote for a Project M demo side tourney $5dollar entry.top 3.

Soundd like it would be legit since the demo comes out tomorrowwwww.

and ok cam newton seriousliesss it is

ragnarock

Smash Lord
im coming. im learning that ic's MU too saint!
hey Shaslam, give me a call this afternoon bout 4 if you can 251-447-1264. If my sis can't find a venue in montgomery. I might have to look in alabaster or get you to look for me. But get at me I want all of this to be handle by the end of this month. Thanks bro:)

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I'll do my best to be there!

I might have a venue in Helena, we just got a community center built a couple of years ago. I'll have to see how much it would be to rent one out for the day. As a back-up of course.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll do my best to be there!

I might have a venue in Helena, we just got a community center built a couple of years ago. I'll have to see how much it would be to rent one out for the day. As a back-up of course.
Thanks man, get back at me whenever you can. I really wanta hold this in you guys area.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Sorry Rag, I checked into it, and they will rent the space for $60 per hour minimum of 3 hours... Figure 10 hour event = $600 / 40 people which would put it at $15 per person venue fee... That's providing 40 people show up. Less people = more $ per person.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah saint MM me!!!!
on the big screen! if there is one.
also my bad rag, i didnt check this thread until now.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
yeah saint MM me!!!!
on the big screen! if there is one.
also my bad rag, i didnt check this thread until now.
I'll accept your MM, and your handicap of lag,
I've never had to chaingrab with lag before, I guess I'll do it by my ***. :)

NO JOHNS IF I LOSE, BALLS OUT.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
it just depends on the connection. if you play against someone with fast internet, and you have fast internet, then it will be really no lag. but if you have slow internet, or play someone that has slow internet, then it will be awful

Curlz

Smash Lord
The Microtel was a really great venue. I'm actually checking that place out for a tourny around here sometime soon. :] Just go back to that place. :D

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Im might actually do that. Beacause my sis can't find a venue for me. I was thanking about holding in at the same place Ausom holds there tourney. BUt that to far for LA to travel. Ima give my sis till the last week of this month. Then I moving it back 2 daphne,al.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sounds like a plan. Since its only 2 hours from New Orleans we'll be happy to make the drive.

I know I'll be bringing the Lafayette LA Crew with me and Jio will be rounding up the NOLA crew. :]

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I hope the drive wontbe that long either. I'm thinking about other place in the area to have it. I really gota find somewhere. Daphne, al will be the last resort.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
manko can i ride with ya up there? i didnt throw ya gas money last time and trip was fun ha.

hopefully i still can make it though.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Why am I confirmed for this? I never said for sure that I could go. I was thinking about going when it was going to be in Montgomery. I'm really not sure about going back down to Daphne. It's just a long way.

Top Bottom