• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.W.R EVENT VI: Goku has the 5 pieces of Exodia! 4/4/09!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
So Kai, I'm playing my Snake vs Orion's GnW. He upBs and I time it so that the last hit of dair hits him before he grabs the ledge. I'm upBing back to the stage, and he drops down and sideBs, gets a 9, and stagespikes me.

That's a story, to make up for the fact that I wasn't there to tell them at the last two tourneys. <3
.........................I hate you

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Maybe I missed something....but why is Yoshi's not a neutral

Edit:

90 percent going
I don't know what their reasons are, but if it was me...

- Slanted stage and randomly titling platform are stupid.
- Characters with the ability to camp gain disgusting advantages here if played right (Olimar is really annoying if he just stays under the middle platform).
- Ghost platforms on the side often prevent KOs and gimps.

EDIT: Sintros, I don't know who you are offhand. =(

GuruKid

Smash Ace
will anybody wuv me :*(
I wuv you.

The 3-Neutral ruleset is still "meh" to me, and I do see certain characters getting screwed over by it, but I guess if the host simply wants to experiment with stage lists, it's all good.

Oh... J.G., you accidentally put me under the "TV" spot... If I could, I would bring a TV, but I can't really carry big-*** TV's through public transportation, so... I'll bring a Wii.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
will anybody wuv me :*(
I'm not too picky but if you use oli, mk, or rob against me or bring me to BF then wont be very happy lol.

Anyway, about their ruleset, Cy's reasons look pretty good to me. I think SV is the most fair stage but people will obviously disagree with me and say its BF. Anyway, LC and YI are usually striked anyway I think so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
i just need someone who knows how to treat a Sintros right, to hold me at night
I hear ya. I suppose everyone needs a Kai in their life.

JG, is the low tier list finalized or would you add some chars like oli(no pikmin), IC(one IC), ike or bowser? I'm just curious.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm not too picky but if you use oli, mk, or rob against me or bring me to BF then wont be very happy lol.

Anyway, about their ruleset, Cy's reasons look pretty good to me. I think SV is the most fair stage but people will obviously disagree with me and say its BF. Anyway, LC and YI are usually striked anyway I think so it shouldn't be a big deal.
I'd say that each stage is equally neutral based on the matchup you have, which is why there are three and not just one. For example, Falco has a clear advantage on most characters on FD that can be slightly diminished by the presence of (a) platform(s).

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
do i get any love :(
Papa Sintrosssssss

Oh... J.G., you accidentally put me under the "TV" spot... If I could, I would bring a TV, but I can't really carry big-*** TV's through public transportation, so... I'll bring a Wii.
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up.

I hear ya. I suppose everyone needs a Kai in their life.

JG, is the low tier list finalized or would you add some chars like oli(no pikmin), IC(one IC), ike or bowser? I'm just curious.

It's Final :)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
u should get thsi hyped and mad ppl to go. lol i always want more ppl at tournies since i cant go to them often but i can go to this one.

i need a good doubles partner but im prolly teaming with xionix since we need the pract got 7th last time at inuis

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
whoa whoa whoa... were Squirtle and Charyzardz banned at a previous tournament? SAY WHAT!?
At I can't defeat Airman Ike and Bowser were allowed. Yet Squirtle and Charizard weren't allowed. Even though Ike and Bowser aren't low tier Shiek and Fox who were in between those two weren't allowed. Lol wut?

But NJ dosn't believe in the current low tier list.

We all think Jigglypuff should be higher. Im serious. Better than Link.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
At I can't defeat Airman Ike and Bowser were allowed. Yet Squirtle and Charizard weren't allowed. Even though Ike and Bowser aren't low tier Shiek and Fox who were in between those two weren't allowed. Lol wut?

But NJ dosn't believe in the current low tier list.

We all think Jigglypuff should be higher. Im serious. Better than Link.
Because it sucks. Charizard and Squirtle are actually good and PT as a whole is obviously the best character allowed by a big amount. Ike and Bowser are horrible and can't win with good characters like Meta Knight, Falco, and Dedede in play. They can't. It's not possible. Sheik and Fox can actually win. They'd dominate low tiers massively.

Jigglypuff is obviously better than a character that can't fight, camps poorly, and can't recover. Link's basically the worst character in the game. Jigglypuff is probably 10th worst.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Because it sucks. Charizard and Squirtle are actually good and PT as a whole is obviously the best character allowed by a big amount.
Agreed with the best character thing in low tiers (though I think Sonic could be tied with PT for top spot of low tiers)

Don't count out Ivy's abilities, though. :-)

But yeah, kinda silly to ban two of the pogeys. You're essentially killing off 2/3 of the character; none of the pokemon can hold their own by themselves in a tournament.

Whatevs, though... as long as this one allows all 3, it's all good.

EDIT: Jiggs > Link. Definitely.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Agreed with the best character thing in low tiers (though I think Sonic could be tied with PT for top spot of low tiers)

Don't count out Ivy's abilities, though. :-)

But yeah, kinda silly to ban two of the pogeys. You're essentially killing off 2/3 of the character; none of the pokemon can hold their own by themselves in a tournament.

Whatevs, though... as long as this one allows all 3, it's all good.

EDIT: Jiggs > Link. Definitely.
Ivysaur and Squirtle both seem capable to me of holding their own but I would have no problem allowing all 3, I'm hoping to see more PT at this and hopefully barely any sonic.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
squirttle is carrying the pokemon trainer team, you guys dont know jack about squirttle's life and his daily struggle with his inner demons. You guys just pass him around like a *****, especially you Guru. LEAVE SQUIRTTLE ALONE!!! waaaaaa!!!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
squirttle is carrying the pokemon trainer team, you guys dont know jack about squirttle's life and his daily struggle with his inner demons. You guys just pass him around like a *****, especially you Guru. LEAVE SQUIRTTLE ALONE!!! waaaaaa!!!
HE'S A HUMAN!!!!!!! :mad: XD

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I loled hard.

But nah son, its all about the snorlax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na0mYSFPoCU
Don't get it twisted.
it is you that got the twisting all twisted up muh friend. Squirttle works everyday to provide food and shelter for his squirttle squad. Your precious snorlax sleeps all day and eats up everything in God's big green earth. On top of that, Squirttle keeps it gansta all day all day everyday. So before you go on judging Squirttle just remember that Squirttle was there.....thankyou

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
it is you that got the twisting all twisted up muh friend. Squirttle works everyday to provide food and shelter for his squirttle squad. Your precious snorlax sleeps all day and eats up everything in God's big green earth. On top of that, Squirttle keeps it gansta all day all day everyday. So before you go on judging Squirttle just remember that Squirttle was there.....thankyou
Whoa hold up there broski. Squirtle got nothing on Snorlax. Snorlax doesnt need to work, he just pimpslaps some b****** and s*** gets done. Snorlax wakes up once a month and consumes 900lbs of food, 900lbs, thats like, 50 squirtles + sunglasses. Snorlax doesn't need anyone to provide for him. Squirtle keeping it gangsta? Snorlax is the Biggy Smalls of pokemon.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Whoa hold up there broski. Squirtle got nothing on Snorlax. Snorlax doesnt need to work, he just pimpslaps some b****** and s*** gets done. Snorlax wakes up once a month and consumes 900lbs of food, 900lbs, thats like, 50 squirtles + sunglasses. Snorlax doesn't need anyone to provide for him. Squirtle keeping it gangsta? Snorlax is the Biggy Smalls of pokemon.
Yo, Squirtle's definitely got THE pimp slap; just look at his jab.

Biggie Smalls got nothin' on *insert some famous short + bald rapper from Noo Yawk*

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If anyone who is brining their wiis to this has the homebrew channel on it plz tell me.

My SD card has texture hacks so we can play with those during friendlies.

Obviously they'll be off during the tourny because texture hacks might not be the only thing on there not that I'm saying that there is. Its just best for trust wise.

Top Bottom