• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Valhalla Smash Tournament Thread. Valhalla resumes October 1st!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Can't we all just be good ol' chaps and play on FD, Smashville and Battlefield? :<

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Good point Ghostbone. And a stage-list that heavily favours high tier characters.

Like I said guys, after looking at every character's boards, regarding match-ups and stuff, PS2 is THE fairest stage. Every character board feels it is pretty much even for every match-up, no one picks it, no one counter-picks it. And it has lots of different stage elements to have enough variety.

EDIT: I'm making a PR list for Melee, just want to ask people a few questions:
1. Nova, in your personal opinion, who is better, you or 2SXC?
2. Jamie, how good are you now-a-days, and if I was to put you on, which character would I put next to you?
3. How good is Hybrid?
4. Who do you use, Ghost? (I have you done with YL at the moment)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yea I would have to agree with Pokemon Stadium 2 being the fairest stage, I doubt any characters (sonic maybe?) gain much of an advantage on the stage. Should become a starter :D
And yea I use Young Link at the moment....but eventually I'll try to learn Ganondorf and Falco.

SethT

Smash Ace
oh no, I happen to agree with her...
Hate Luigi's Mansion and hate Green Greens if not more :3

SethT

Smash Ace
Fine.

Uptilt/Upair locking inside Luigi's Mansion on the roofs is an incredibly easy way to rack up damage at low % along with the stalling.

Green Greens just ****s me off with the blocks. Many a time I've been casted into a bomb block killing me. That ****s me off a lot about Halberd as well (the ****ing claw) but the level changes so I've learn't to live.
I don't really know the technical aspects of Green Greens, nor do I intend to check it out while studying for exams o-o

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Thankyou Ghost.

I am so happy there is finally someone in the community who is neither indifferent (looking at you Chris and Shaun) or ridiculous on their competitive views (Everyone else) xD

You only get caught in Luigi's Mansion if you can't tech or DI.

And if you don't want to get hit by a bomb block, DON'T GET HIT IN THAT DIRECTION. You can easily survive on the stage if you just assume at all times that a bomb block will fall down on you if you go over the stack. That is why I always air dodge over the block stack.

SethT

Smash Ace
Who are you? D:
that ^

:/ what gives you any right to decide how "respectable" we are? You don't know the majority of us irl, to decide that over the internet is rather snide.

swordsaint

Smash Master
im not even from perth

its your stagelists, you at least want to have some standard within our community. nevermind legalising stages that were banned for a long time for a reason.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
If we want a standard we should use the BBR Recommended Ruleset...since that's kinda what it's for.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Such as...?
He's just angry because Rainbow Cruise is legal here.

Edit:

Norfair is a perfectly fine stage. The hazards are easily as avoidable as those on brinstar/halberd. Furthermore its role as a counterpick is excellent as it really favours characters with a good platform game (not limited to high tiers) and it discourages camping significantly.

Again, I am strongly against Green Greens and Luigi's mansion being legal. It's infinitely easier to set up locks on LM as well.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Apollo just likes Norfair because that slutty ZSS just goes gymnastic all over it.

Gah.

SethT

Smash Ace
yeah :3 as far as I know, there isn't really a terribly bad course for MK.
Worse is def's FD, that being said, one of my favorites for some ******** reason.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Oh lol, sarcasm is hard to detect over the internet :/.
FD isn't even that bad, it's just most of the high tier character (snake, diddy, falco) love that stage. It would probably be MK's best stage against G&W, Jigglypuff, and a few others

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Well, one of MK's best aspects is his amazing off-stage and gimp game, which is basically made a lot worse on this stage, as YI (M) has very close boundaries, and a walk-off on one side. It also has a low ceiling, which is also bad for MK. Plus this stage is really good for someone like Olimar (basically everything that's bad for MK on this stage is good for him, lol, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an advantage against MK on this stage.

Top Bottom